Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Jussie Smollett "attack"

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    It's also important to know that Jussie thought he could get away with his hoax because he was aware of how naive and gullible today's American left really is.

So here's the basic blueprint, which has been successfully utilized by others in recent years:

1) Be some kind of victim class -- black, gay, trans, female, Muslim, etc. The more of these categories you fit, the better.

2) The fictitious villains must be heterosexual, white males. Christian and/or Trump supporter is also helpful. It's important for there to be more than one villain, as this creates a sense of extra danger.

3) Manufacture a story where these villains attack or threaten you, and make sure these villains state in some way that it's solely because of the marginalized group(s) you're in.

4) Tell the story to various loudmouth social media SJW types, and wait for it to go viral.

5) Watch leftists everywhere pat themselves on the back for being empathetic and supportive, while they bring mass attention to you and donate money.

6) Profit.

This formula worked for the shady Gamergate women (Anita Sarkeesian, et all), and it has worked for others.

Unfortunately, Jussie made two big mistakes:

1) The entire fake attack was so badly planned, it boggles the mind.

2) He got other people involved, who quickly turned on him once the heat turned on them.

However, it was still initially successful, because today's left is so gullible and so desperate to find stories where they can whine about evil Trump supporters doing bad things to marginalized people.
    It’s funny because Donald Trump himself played a similar game on the many millions of folks who were so thoroughly triggerable because of Hillary derangement syndrome, thanks in no small part to all of the fake outrage perpetrated by rightwingers over Hillary’s emails and Benghazi.

I feel bad for threatening to ruin old ppl on Facebook for being what I thought were paid correct the record trolls, I guess it really is possible to be that hopelessly hapless. Hey moron, u do realize not saying anything is an option STFU

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

Why does everything have to be compared to Trump?

What Trump did with Hillary was typical politics -- vilifying your opponent and playing up their faults/mistakes.

We are talking about something completely different here, where non-politicians have learned that they can play victim and easily manipulate the left into both making them famous and donating big money to them.

The left so badly wants to find victims of Trump-loving white males that they jump on any story of such supposed victimization, even if a lot doesn't add up.

They're about as critical an curious as Joe Sebok was when UB told him that he was working for the "new owners", and not the old owners who cheated people.

Yes, there were some smart people on the left who smelled a rat with all of this and held back comment, but there were plenty of dummies who jumped on this, and then equated it to the Trump era of this country. One of them, Kamala Harris, is a frontrunner to be the Democratic Presidential candidate in 2020. Lord help us.
    i think this is more about politics and less about stupidity for democratic politicians like kamala harris.

since it's hard to imagine white maga-loving empire fans stakling jussie on the coldest night in history, my guess is that dem politicians were just as skeptical as anyone else.

but politically, how do these politicians not come out and condemn it? tell me how you think the democratic base -- or more specifically the activist black and LGBT movement -- would have responded if, when asked about what happened to jussie, kamala harris would have said, "let's wait to see how this plays out" before we say we believe jussie smollett?

or how about, "senator harris, do you stand with jussie?" kamala: "no comment" or how about "well maybe, but let's make sure he didn't make all this up first." do you see how absurd statements like those would have played?

FOR GOD'S SAKE -- EVEN PRESIDENT TRUMP CAME OUT AND SAID WHAT HAPPENED TO JUSSIE WAS AWFUL
    For once, Trump actually handled a controversial matter quietly and correctly.

He released a generic statement regarding it being "awful" what happened to Jussie, without making any specific commentary on it.

Doing that is fine. The best play is to say nothing, but if asked, of course as a politician you have to extend sympathy toward the "victim".

But I'm not talking about the politicians who simply wished Jussie well, or commented the attack itself was terrible.

I'm talking about the idiots on the left who then used it as evidence of "the rise of hate", "increased racism", "an example of Trump's America", etc.

That's where it bridges from the necessary political pleasantries to willfully ignorant idiocy.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Who’d a thunk I’d be agreeing with you here?! Tis true!

Load Metric
    fun fact this case against jussie is crumbling.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Details?

Load Metric
    Details?
    doesn't really matter at this point, the damage is don't and the court of public opinion has ruled in favour of the mob.
    he is doomed but fear not he is still a fairly wealthy cat.

but still fuck him i hope he offs himself in some grand fashion.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Details?
    Like I said, his lawyer (Geragos) has been taking about this a lot. Listening to Geragos, at no point do I get the impression that Smollett is telling the truth.

However, I do get the impression there might be a case where they can go after how the City handled the investigation. So there is a world he could get off light due to technicalities, which is probably more reasonable outcome than him paying for his crimes, given how corrupt our system is.

Mumbles and the rest of the clueless left love to talk about “racism” in the justice system, when the truth is it is all about the money. People (including blacks) with money can work the system, and those without money are fucked by it.

At this point any racial disparities can be explained more by unequal wealth distribution than any independent “racism”

Comments

sah_24: Spot on ...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

Details?
    Like I said, his lawyer (Geragos) has been taking about this a lot. Listening to Geragos, at no point do I get the impression that Smollett is telling the truth.

However, I do get the impression there might be a case where they can go after how the City handled the investigation. So there is a world he could get off light due to technicalities, which is probably more reasonable outcome than him paying for his crimes, given how corrupt our system is.

Mumbles and the rest of the clueless left love to talk about “racism” in the justice system, when the truth is it is all about the money. People (including blacks) with money can work the system, and those without money are fucked by it.

At this point any racial disparities can be explained more by unequal wealth distribution than any independent “racism”
    There is both racism and classism in the system, both of which I have spoken put against. Only a fool would think that OJ wouldn’t have been found guilty of double murder if he hadn’t been rich enough to hire the best legal team that money could buy.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Details?

like the payoff check that was the big smoking gun, now the twins are saying it was actually money paid for workout/training.

i think one could be forgiven for suspecting someone involved in the show empire is doing whatever they can to undermine the case because empire probably wont survive this if the charges stick.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Details?

like the payoff check that was the big smoking gun, now the twins are saying it was actually money paid for workout/training.

if true, LOL, that will be a slam dunk prosecution for perjury since they have already testified before the grand jury as I recall. Good, they deserve some jail time. While we are at it, how about these Africans getting over $100k in "student loans" and then somehow bankrupting it? Your tax dollars hard at work folks.

Name:  overit.gif
Views: 359
Size:  1.41 MB

Comments

MumblesBadly: Maybe they were inspired by Trump, seeing as he got over $1 billion in loans and went bankrupt 6 times, bro.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Details?

i think one could be forgiven for suspecting someone involved in the show empire is doing whatever they can to undermine the case because empire probably wont survive this if the charges stick.

I dont think so Tim...

Correct me if im wrong, it was the defense attorney who cleverly said this....BUT

The brothers' attorney is clarifying her statement from GMA ... she says, "to say the check for $3,500 was just for the incident is not a full representation of what transpired. My clients had an agreement to provide personal training services to Mr. Smollett. To say the check was also intended for a favor beyond the training is an accurate statement."

To me, this is nothing more than some very good defense attorneys playing the legal gymnastics game as best as they can; Im certain we will see much more of it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Also, im sure the brothers hightailing it to Nigeria the very next day even though they should have been "training him" as they were supposedly paid for, was all a big misunderstanding.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

I dont think so Tim...

Correct me if im wrong, it was the defense attorney who cleverly said this....BUT

The brothers' attorney is clarifying her statement from GMA ... she says, "to say the check for $3,500 was just for the incident is not a full representation of what transpired. My clients had an agreement to provide personal training services to Mr. Smollett. To say the check was also intended for a favor beyond the training is an accurate statement."

To me, this is nothing more than some very good defense attorneys playing the legal gymnastics game as best as they can; Im certain we will see much more of it.

ok but how am i wrong?

im not saying the man is innocent, im saying that the defense team is starting to get their reasonable doubt on.

Load Metric

I dont think so Tim...

ok but how am i wrong?

im not saying the man is innocent, im saying that the defense team is starting to get their reasonable doubt on.
    i can't see any way for jussie to not be found guilty. how does jussie explain saying white guys attacked him when these nigerians admitted to it?

it's interesting (and telling) that, unless i missed it, the defense has never confirmed or denied that the nigerians were the ones that attacked jussie.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Lol libtards will end up believing this story if he keeps denying it. They guzzled every drop of "muh russia" even tho muh Russia emails showed in their own words they would cheat at everything they could, craziest thing I ever saw

Load Metric

I dont think so Tim...

ok but how am i wrong?

i can't see any way for jussie to not be found guilty. how does jussie explain saying white guys attacked him when these nigerians admitted to it?

it's interesting (and telling) that, unless i missed it, the defense has never confirmed or denied that the nigerians were the ones that attacked jussie.

i believe hes facing 16 felony charges so yeah i doubt he avoids a cage, but i dont really even think thats his goal necessarily. i think his team is just trying to soften up the prosecution for a plea.

Platinum
    Load Metric

ok but how am i wrong?

i believe hes facing 16 felony charges so yeah i doubt he avoids a cage, but i dont really even think thats his goal necessarily. i think his team is just trying to soften up the prosecution for a plea.

Well yes, I agree. I think it just kind of maybe came off wrong when in somewhat dramatic fashion you claimed the case is "crumbling"; Im not sure if crumbling is the word I would use to define it.

Comments

sonatine: totally fair.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

There is both racism and classism in the system, both of which I have spoken put against. Only a fool would think that OJ wouldn’t have been found guilty of double murder if he hadn’t been rich enough to hire the best legal team that money could buy.

I guess I’m a fool because imo OJ was not guilty the minute Garcetti filed the case in downtown LA rather than the suburbs fearing backlash. I believe, 100%, a public defender gets him off from that point forward.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    Why do you think Smolletts counsel would have preferred it to be a federal case?

Edit: not asking sah specifically. Just a general question.

Comments

sah_24: The reason is pretty obv ... but lol

Load Metric

Thread Information