Thread: What's with all these "Work at Home" ads on the internet?

Load Metric

What's with all these "Work at Home" ads on the internet?

I'm seeing a bunch more "work at home" banner ads lately. Anyone know how these work?

I'm not saying I think they're legit work that can earn money I just wonder if anyone knows what the scam is. I don't want to sign up and pay $$ to find out.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Sales pitches for starter kits, or guides to get you started "making money now!".

When I worked at the ghetto Starbucks, there would always be these guys talking to some broke ass bums "2 large waters for my client and I please." about their work from home businesses, and towards the end it was "You just need to buy this to get started and then it runs itself.".

Banned
    Load Metric
    Make money online and work from home is the biggest niche in online affiliate marketing. It's huge. It applies to a very wide range of demographics (more so than dating and weight loss, for example), and many of them are more desperate and sellable than usual. It's not just one product or system. There's a wide variety of information products focused on this niche, from Forex trading, to paid surveys, to internet marketing. Yes, lots of internet marketers market products about internet marketing.

They're not always scams. Some of the products contain useful information, but the vast majority of people don't take action or stick with it.

It's actually nothing new. It predates the internet. I'm sure we've all seen lots of infomercials on the same subject. But it thrives particularly well when the economy is doing poorly.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Yes, lots of internet marketers market products about internet marketing
    LOL, Warrior Forum is the king of this. And the majority buy and sell these to each other.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    Yes, lots of internet marketers market products about internet marketing
    LOL, Warrior Forum is the king of this. And the majority buy and sell these to each other.
    Yes, exactly. I've never bought any, but from what I hear most of those WSOs are repackaged information that is freely available on forums. Still, that doesn't mean they're all scams or that the information can't be used to make money.

I don't have a ton of experience with affiliate marketing, but I hear that Abrown here at PFA has been pretty successful at it. He could probably expand on all this.

Banned
    Load Metric
    By the way, if you're just now starting to see lots of these ads, it could be because you've recently been searching related keywords. Google is pretty good at throwing up banners that are relevant to your interests and search history.

Load Metric
    srsly u seem to know alot about affiliate marketing... ship us one of your successful links...
    Me defeating Druff 100 BB heads up - http://youtu.be/LmxTH0rZaLk?t=2h12m35s

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Yebsite View Post
    srsly u seem to know alot about affiliate marketing... ship us one of your successful links...
    I really haven't made that much money from affiliate marketing. I've just dipped my toes in it, because it's pretty risky starting out when you don't know exactly what you're doing. Like I said, Abrown is your man. I actually bumped a thread he started on this subject a while back asking for some advice, and he never responded.

Load Metric

sealswithclubs.eu

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

sealswithclubs.eu
    I no longer have anything to do with that.

Load Metric

sealswithclubs.eu
    can you give us an idea of how much money you made off that gig and the amount of hours you put into it?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

can you give us an idea of how much money you made off that gig and the amount of hours you put into it?
    If Micon is involved, it is a rather simple equation of taking your percentage and multiplying it by 0 to get your net profit.

Load Metric

Smile

If Micon is involved, it is a rather simple equation of taking your percentage and multiplying it by 0 to get your net profit.
    Your formula is correct for net revenue. For Net profit, it should result in a negative number

Banned
    Load Metric

I don't know if it's appropriate to go into specifics. I will say that I put a great deal of hours into it and that my compensation was more than zero.

Load Metric

I don't know if it's appropriate to go into specifics. I will say that I put a great deal of hours into it and that my compensation was more than zero.
    OK well at least answer this. Did you really expect to make good money from it? If yes then how could you have thought that, since it has been dead for a long time? If no then why did you spend so much time on it?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokehead View Post

OK well at least answer this. Did you really expect to make good money from it? If yes then how could you have thought that, since it has been dead for a long time? If no then why did you spend so much time on it?
    Yes, I did. I'm not sure what you mean about the site being dead. You'd be surprised how much rake even small sites rack up.

Load Metric
    People want something for nothing and money as fast as possible, work from home preys on such tendencies and usually the con starts out seeming promising and logical but invariably you either have to bust your butt every day knocking down doors for sales or you recruit people under you to work for the company and take a little off the top of each persons revenue.

Umbrella Scheme I think it's called, but at any rate you can disable most ads and banners with common browsers like Chrome and Firefox, are you doing this?

Banned
    Load Metric
    No, Mike. You're thinking of pyramid schemes, and the vast majority of these advertisements have nothing to do with that.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I write a a popular blog about IM Work At Home Scams. With few exceptions, make money online at home ads are all scams.

I won't link to it here but I will link to the best anti-make money online at home website.

It's The Salty Droid.

The best blog/website about internet marketing.

Pipe dream internet marketing schemes sliced and diced by the wittiest robot in cyberspace.

Load Metric
    No, Mike. You're thinking of pyramid schemes, and the vast majority of these advertisements have nothing to do with that.
    I was never conned by the banners but I have been suckerd in to interviewing for Pyramid Schemes claiming to be seeking employees. I figured one led to the other, work from home angle makes you pennies, the real money can be made yadda yadda.

Still the salient point is that it's unlikely to be worth the time and effort to investigate for OP yes?

Thread Information