Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE NFL 2022 Season Discussion & Picks Thread.

Bronze
    Load Metric

THE NFL 2022 Season Discussion & Picks Thread.

Someone had to do it.

So, Anyhow, regarding tonight's season opener BUF at LAR I have not spent much time yet on NFL so I don't have much in the way of strong opinions on this game. Have no real money on the game yet, only bets are freeplay/promos/etc. Will be watching for in-game opportunities though. I like Nitrogen because they let you parlay in games, betonline doesn't.

The spread has climbed to -2.5 , Bills are maybe the best team, and Stafford has an elbow injury. The total has also climbed three points to 52.5.

The Bills won five of their last six games. They lost to the Chiefs 42-36 in OT as 2.5-point road dogs in the divisional round of the playoffs, and the Rams obviously won the SuperBowl.

If I had to pick Id say LAR by a field goal 21-24 or 31-28 or something. Probably would take the points on LAR at home, if I had to bet on this game I think a wong teaser has value here, pick another team or 2 and tease them through the 3 & the 6 for some +ev.

There are some promos in AZ if you can get to the border from LV. Laughlin is great for this! (Random sidenote, I really enjoy the poker room at Laughlin because it has windows, call me crazy but I really enjoy staring out the window while I wait on poker hands to finish.)

Back on topic, I don't really have much opinion on the under/over, 52.5 or whatever it landed on is pretty high, could easily be hit if LAR offense is on fire, but if they aren't will the BUF offense make up for it? BUF defense is crazy good. Before losing to KC last year BUF scored 27+ points and averaged more than 33. Would be typical NFL LOL if it easily hits Thurs and then bunch of low score games on Sun, gambling gods or whatever.

Action Networks, big free pick is LAR first half +1 , That might be a free pick from a square source but I like it more than I hate it.

Here are some other wagers I think are worth looking at, If I get a chance or see something else I will add more:

Bills Player Prop: Josh Allen OVER 39.5 Rushing Yards (-130)
    Rams Player Prop: Matthew Stafford OVER .5 Interceptions (-130)

Sorry this came out so late, wasn't planning on this just got bored. I plan to update this w/ at least 1 game a week breakdown. Lets go!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Just Do Your Job"

"Discipline or Regret"

Load Metric
    Im on Baltimore and San Fran -7 each, and together in various teases/parlays

Load Metric
    Love Josh Allen under 273.5 passing yards tonight at +105

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    "Laughing at the fags who fill their miserable lives with music like Les."

Laughing at the fags who fill their miserable lives with NFL stats like the Boz

Grade ten Boz, who claims wealth, would not be welcome on any outing from top to bottom. Dumb ruins any weekend.

Comments

1marley1: la boz is the dummest

The Boz: Should have bet against me. Oh, that’s right, you spent everything on a fifth.

Load Metric
    If only we had a wagering thread to discuss this

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

I made this thread with the intention of discussing more than just the picks/ the wagering. More general NFL 22 discussion w/ picks, promos, theories, stories, and etc. all thrown in.

I think the NFL deserves its own little thread.
    "Just Do Your Job"

"Discipline or Regret"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Exactly, why offer a specific thread when everything boils down to ROI ?
    Idiot.

How many threads, read lives, have you and your ignorant greed ruined?

Comments

aayjay: lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Grade ten Boz, who claims wealth, would not be welcome on any outing from top to bottom. Dumb ruins any weekend.
    Tell us your story Les, tell us all your success in life. Your net worth, you relationships, your achievements. Tell us why you are more than the drunk loser that most everyone here believes you are.

Tell us why we are are wrong and how anyone should respect you instead of feeling sorry for you.

I’m open to a segment on Dan’s radio to debate who contributed more to society in every measurable way. Providing employment, taxes, charitable donations and whatever else you want to consider.

Let’s go buddy, prove you are more than a drunk punching bag. I’m game.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by aayjay View Post

Here are some other wagers I think are worth looking at, If I get a chance or see something else I will add more:

Bills Player Prop: Josh Allen OVER 39.5 Rushing Yards (-130)
    Rams Player Prop: Matthew Stafford OVER .5 Interceptions (-130)

Josh Allen Rushing Yards OV 39.5 yards = winner
    Matthew Stafford Interceptions OV .5 = winner

Nice way to start the season
    "Just Do Your Job"

"Discipline or Regret"

Load Metric
    Why did you guys have a minutes silence for our monarch? Very strange. Thanks, I suppose

Comments

country978: we did?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Why did you guys have a minutes silence for our monarch? Very strange. Thanks, I suppose
    Us Americans love the royal family. It’s hard to say why, but maybe it’s because they are the ultimate celebrities.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Tell us your story Les, tell us all your success in life. Your net worth, you relationships, your achievements. Tell us why you are more than the drunk loser that most everyone here believes you are.

Tell us why we are are wrong and how anyone should respect you instead of feeling sorry for you.

I’m open to a segment on Dan’s radio to debate who contributed more to society in every measurable way. Providing employment, taxes, charitable donations and whatever else you want to consider.

Let’s go buddy, prove you are more than a drunk punching bag. I’m game.
    Dude, check out the forum. There is current thread in which the words limites and legend are title bound.

I dwarf you in all aspects of life. Top to bottom, start to finish. Tall dark and handsome, educated, very funny, wealthy, and healthier than you could ever imagine.

You fail with an online presence in a very twisted failing poker forum of losers.

You fail even at bragging.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Same. I'm a Ravens fan and this feels like 2012 all over again. I bet the house on them every week back then because they were so undervalued and off the radar. Seems like it again. They are only a couple players down now that are expected back within next 2 weeks. If they get to that point without any other serious injuries.....and a basically fully healthy team....I'm betting large amounts again.

I have them in a bunch of ML parlays. with Cinci and with Denver...and straight up. They went from -7 to -6.5 earlier today so the value is even better. (still -6.5 now just checked, will be -7.5 gameday)Jets on 3rd string LT....OL a complete mess and Flacco doesn't do well behind poor lines (trust me I would know, seen it plenty when he was here). I honestly think they win by 3 TD.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Same. I'm a Ravens fan and this feels like 2012 all over again. I bet the house on them every week back then because they were so undervalued and off the radar. Seems like it again. They are only a couple players down now that are expected back within next 2 weeks. If they get to that point without any other serious injuries.....and a basically fully healthy team....I'm betting large amounts again.

I have them in a bunch of ML parlays. with Cinci and with Denver...and straight up. They went from -7 to -6.5 earlier today so the value is even better. (still -6.5 now just checked, will be -7.5 gameday)Jets on 3rd string LT....OL a complete mess and Flacco doesn't do well behind poor lines (trust me I would know, seen it plenty when he was here). I honestly think they win by 3 TD.
    Yeah. I just cant see NYJ or CHI scoring more than like 13 points in each game, unless fluky turnovers/special teams

Load Metric
    I’ve heard some horror stories about NFL Teasers getting juiced to hell this year cause they were so profitable last year. My offshore looks unchanged. 15 or 20 cents

Still looks like the way to

Minnesota Vikings +7
    Dallas Cowboys +8½

I have no insight into either game. Lol

Comments

aayjay: like your style!

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I’ve heard some horror stories about NFL Teasers getting juiced to hell this year cause they were so profitable last year. My offshore looks unchanged. 15 or 20 cents

Minnesota Vikings +7
    Dallas Cowboys +8½

My book still has 6 point teaser -110.

Almost every game this week has a Wong teaser. I am guessing it is going to be a very good week or bad week for the books, depending on how the teasers go. Public is obviously going to be teasing the favorites more than the dogs, most of which are road favorites.

Home dogs typically do VERY well Week 1 though, so books feel like they are probably in a great spot if everything goes to form.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Minnesota Vikings +7
    Dallas Cowboys +8½

My book still has 6 point teaser -110.

Almost every game this week has a Wong teaser. I am guessing it is going to be a very good week or bad week for the books, depending on how the teasers go. Public is obviously going to be teasing the favorites more than the dogs, most of which are road favorites.

Home dogs typically do VERY well Week 1 though, so books feel like they are probably in a great spot if everything goes to form.
    Yup. CLV is over rated lol. I heard it said recently that NFL is so efficient that price moves are mostly mistakes. Made me smile cause it’s so contrary

Minnesota Vikings +7
    Cowboys +8½

Just having fun with the Brady Rodgers ploppies. I do think it wins. Kinda love Minny. Brady is a psychoanalyst’s wet dream.

I wanna fade Belichick but I like money more then being contrarian. I am less a fan of rocket scientist Matt Patricia than most. I’ve heard local stories of Mac Jones ignoring and getting angry with his coaching on the bench this preseason. Some anecdote of him throwing the iPad in disgust. They are still feeling it out. Love Bailey Zappe the backup QB
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-10-2022 at 09:06 AM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Hey guys, sorry something came up and I cant really break down games this weekend, I will try to write something up later tonight, or tomorrow morning, but if I cant get around to it I thought I would at least let you know what my picks are for my survivor contests.

My current picks for my multiple survivor contests week 1:

A> SAINTS
    B> COLTS
    C> RAVENS
    D> TITANS
    E> 49RS
    F> BENGALS

Good luck everyone. Since I don't have time to really go over the games does any one have any picks they really like? THANKS!
    "Just Do Your Job"

"Discipline or Regret"

Load Metric
    Detroit Lions: Successfully Futile

The detroit lions were founded in 1930. Not much happened until the 1950s when they won 3 championships!!! Before the super bowl existed, but that shit still counts. Technically.

Led by quarterback Bobby Layne who was known for taking whiskey shots at halftime and showing up to games drunk, then winning the game like a boss, obv. There were also plenty of court appearances for alcohol related offenses, he was a true 1950s golden age icon. In 1957 while playing for the lions his leg got broken in 3 places during a game and he had to sit out the rest of the year. After the second game in the 1958 season the lions decided to become woke and traded him to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

After winning three titles in six years, Bobby was understandably salty and he said “this team will not win a championship for 50 years”, a worthy curse. This quote has never been recorded or confirmed by anyone. Fortunately for us its 2022 so fact or fiction is really just a matter of opinion.

2008 was the 50 year anniversary of the curse and the lions famously went 0-16. The following year they drafted Matthew Stafford, who attended the same high school as Bobby Layne!!! Hey! Did you know that Matthew Stafford and Clayton Kershaw were childhood best friends????

It has now been 60+ years and in that time the detroit lions have won one playoff game and in their defense they have had 10+ mostly wild card playoff appearances. Some fun facts….

Tim Tebow, one of the most inaccurate nfl quarterbacks, has as many playoff wins as the lions.

Jared Goff has 2 playoff wins and a super bowl appearance. As far as lions standards goes, he is the definition of championship prestige, although seemingly most fans and analysts think his time in detroit will be temporary. (tiny hands)

After the release of Jim Caldwell, Bob Quinn said that 9-7 wasn’t good enough, he then brought in fellow new england patriot operative Matt Patricia who went on to have a brilliant career record of 13-29-1. Known for wearing a “moo moo” and having a pencil in his ear it is quite charming to read about how he might be the offensive coordinator for the patriots this year??

Tomorrow the lions begin the GRIT ERA

Dan Campbell, the lions #1 alpha male of all time, is back for his second season, fresh off of hard knocks and timeless motivational speeches the first game at ford field is officially sold out. Detroit feels the energy, the smell of winning might be lingering in the air somewhere, eventually, maybe. And of course, sure the lions are missing three of their starting offensive linemen going into the FIRST GAME, but thats ok, you know why??

ITS TIME TO BITE SOME MOTHER FUCKING KNEECAPS OFF!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Looks like Kittle is out for 49ers that is huge.

Thread Information