Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Disney's special privileges in Florida -- should they be removed?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Ron DeSantis backs down from his attempt to punish Disney over its “woke agenda”!!!

The Florida Governor's Office has announced that this story is not true and that Ron DeSantis has not and will not reverse course on Disney.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Ron DeSantis backs down from his attempt to punish Disney over its “woke agenda”!!!

The Florida Governor's Office has announced that this story is not true and that Ron DeSantis has not and will not reverse course on Disney.
    Mickey farrrr Right WIng Republican

you dont know what you think you know rich fool.. shut up

Load Metric
    Ron DeSantis is a Middle of the Road Republican

and by policy he is very Donald Trump, just so you know so alll you're MAGGATs probably will like Ron D fyi and ima Registered Independent a decade or something. Forget but point is he is Middle of the Road Republican, by policy too. And so probably will appeal to more unsure Independents. That actually decides the elections in SWING States which we are, Florida is arguably well imho the MOST important Swing State in the United States on Election day because. If you lose them electoral College votes here in Florida and it is a lot, 13 i think. It takes multiple other States to make up losing Florida since it is for so many electoral College Votes on Presidential Election Day so...

Florida matters on Election Day (Presidential..)

Last edited by garrett; 12-04-2022 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Policy

Load Metric

Unless you are a hidden 1%'r then STFU

you're not that important on this message board here. And besides you are a bleeeeeding farrrr Right Wing (Todd too lolllzzi) is hilarious pathetic guys like me unless wife say do not hur thim, i wouldnt then but, ill spit right on youre shoes even if you're a f BLAY well soo. Have a nice day Sunday Funday and really never tried to be hated but am, so oh fn well now

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post

you're not that important on this message board here. And besides you are a bleeeeeding farrrr Right Wing (Todd too lolllzzi) is hilarious pathetic guys like me unless wife say do not hur thim, i wouldnt then but, ill spit right on youre shoes even if you're a f BLAY well soo. Have a nice day Sunday Funday and really never tried to be hated but am, so oh fn well now
    I'm unimportant and you are null and void. Easy to tell when you're jacked up on booze and narcotics. And you shouldn't be trying to play ruff and tuff when you can't even beat the flies off your ass.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric

I'm unimportant and you are null and void. Easy to tell when you're jacked up on booze and narcotics. And you shouldn't be trying to play ruff and tuff when you can't even beat the flies off your ass.
    OH YEAH your a MOUTHPIECE on PFA and just a lost MAGAT

bleeeding farrrrr RIGHT WING idiot MAGAT lost in everything Bleeding Farrr Right Republican, to each their own

Load Metric

Wasnt already to you IDGAF I am nice so and was nice oh well have a nice life rich MAGAT faking like an old man on this Board and just..

Stay nice Josh

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Looks like Desantis is actually attempting this: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...elf-governance

Hope it works. No private corporation should be its own government.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I want to see Disney World secede

Load Metric

This was written only 12/5 so also a forum full with idiots. Let them be idiot right stupid is stupid does

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Lightbulb

Disney would be wise to adopt a pay as you weigh system.
    Lard ass bitches would incur "stress on infrastructure" tolls per ride. Power grid fines and clean up costs related to anyone who has never seen a family of three knees would also keep things even.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I agree with Druff, not because of punishing speech, but because of quasi-government privilege given to a corporation. Ridiculous. Happens all the time with developers, though.

And I'm very liberal! Let's hug it out.

Load Metric
    I dont know about anybody else but the fact Disney could've built themselves a nuclear reaction I find just a wee bit concerning (Ok technically Im assuming it would still require the DOE at the Fed level to sign off if it had wanted to). Anyway, the irony is not only did Desantis eliminate Disneys self-governance board it also cut the legs out from under Orange County which is indeed leans left and had a plan to slap Disney with a huge tax bill to fund more leftist bullshit in the county. I do wonder though how this will affect public safety in the zone as Disney originally had its own fire, ambulance, and police around the property, will this continue as is or will it indeed revert to Orange County authority for public safety and what sort of compromise will exist on that part of a necessary tax/support bill to cover those services. If it remains separate will those service employees now become state employees and thus eligible for state retirement system.

Gold
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yes, I just saw that horrible clip yesterday. Amazing what passes as "kids programming" these days. We've come a long way from when I used to watch Popeye, Bugs Bunny, The Superfriends, and Scooby Doo in the 1970s.

Here's a surprisingly good article from CNN, analyzing Disney from a business standpoint, while mostly avoiding any woke/partisan talking points: https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/07/inves...iew/index.html

Bob Iger, who thought he could retire and leave his hand-picked successor Bob Chapek in charge, now has to come back and clean up the mess. Iger is definitely well-respected, but he's also 71, and simply may not have the energy to save this sinking ship.

This comes at a time when Disney theme parks are doing better than ever -- even with the apparent failure of the Galactic Starcruiser hotel. The new Avatar movie has done great, but that's not enough to save Disney from disaster at the moment.

I have a feeling that Iger is going to de-wokeify Disney+, as one of his many moves to right the ship. The success or failure of Disney going forward might be largely tied to streaming, and the last thing they need is to alienate half the country. The woman in charge of that terrible clip posted above is the same woman who bragged last year that she "inserts queerness whenever possible" into Disney programming, and that nobody in the company pushes back against it.

We really do need a day of reckoning where entertainment companies pushing woke propaganda -- especially to kids -- take an economic beating and put a stop to this bullshit. Hollywood has always been liberal, but it's gotten out of control recently.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Yes, I just saw that horrible clip yesterday. Amazing what passes as "kids programming" these days. We've come a long way from when I used to watch Popeye, Bugs Bunny, The Superfriends, and Scooby Doo in the 1970s.

Here's a surprisingly good article from CNN, analyzing Disney from a business standpoint, while mostly avoiding any woke/partisan talking points: https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/07/inves...iew/index.html

Bob Iger, who thought he could retire and leave his hand-picked successor Bob Chapek in charge, now has to come back and clean up the mess. Iger is definitely well-respected, but he's also 71, and simply may not have the energy to save this sinking ship.

This comes at a time when Disney theme parks are doing better than ever -- even with the apparent failure of the Galactic Starcruiser hotel. The new Avatar movie has done great, but that's not enough to save Disney from disaster at the moment.

I have a feeling that Iger is going to de-wokeify Disney+, as one of his many moves to right the ship. The success or failure of Disney going forward might be largely tied to streaming, and the last thing they need is to alienate half the country. The woman in charge of that terrible clip posted above is the same woman who bragged last year that she "inserts queerness whenever possible" into Disney programming, and that nobody in the company pushes back against it.

We really do need a day of reckoning where entertainment companies pushing woke propaganda -- especially to kids -- take an economic beating and put a stop to this bullshit. Hollywood has always been liberal, but it's gotten out of control recently.
    Streaming subs are up.

Agree that woke trends in youth programming are lame, but industry struggles have nothing to do with gout riddled, geriatric conservative outrage over cartoons.

Just a shortsighted PR stunt from pederast DeSantis, whole brand is to keep snowflake constituents angry.

Comments

Sanlmar: Undeniable element of truth. Has to be said.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Couldn't cults then be able to get special status?

Load Metric
    I’ll go to Disney right after my next Carnival cruise.

What I do care about is DeSantis protecting my right to own a gas stove.

Is this what they mean by gaslighting?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Streaming subs are up.

Agree that woke trends in youth programming are lame, but industry struggles have nothing to do with gout riddled, geriatric conservative outrage over cartoons.

Just a shortsighted PR stunt from pederast DeSantis, whole brand is to keep snowflake constituents angry.
    The streaming unit is actually one of Disney's biggest concerns right now. It's that and the movies which are worrying investors. The theme parks, minus the lol Galactic Starcruiser which is just a 100-room hotel, are doing great at the moment.

The woke programming isn't the main reason for Disney's struggles, but it's an unnecessary drag on any recovery they're attempting. You'll see that in the coming years, that is going to be dialed down. In fact...

Thread Information