Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Pizza Stories

Load Metric
    My brother was fired from his pizza delivery job for rolling joints on the customer's pizza boxes and numerous call-in complaints about his driving.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    After I graduated high school in 1995 I had a 2 semester stint at a community college that did not go so well. I was still living at home and my first real job was as a low level employee working for a land surveying company that did a lot of state jobs. This was the easiest job I worked on in my life but I was eventually laid off because winter came and the jobs slow down and was collecting unemployment for a period of time.

As my unemployment stint was ending a buddy of mine was working part time at a pizza shop delivering so he got me a job there. I started off working part time but after a period of time they moved me to full time and I was the main delivery driver. I loved this job because I got to sleep in every day and I was out by 10 PM max any night I worked. Also at the time I was an agent for one of the biggest bookmakers around and this job gave me the flexibility to take care of a lot of that business while I was delivering etc....

This shop was very busy but it had just been purchased by new owners. The Father who bought the place died of cancer less than a month after he bought it and his son basically drove the place into the ground over time because he was never there.

The son turned all of the day to day over to a long time employee named Carl who was a 45 year old cocaine addict from the inner city. This guy was the ultimate worker but he also had no idea how to run the business and the son was too much of a lazy SOB to care. Before you knew it the delivery side was dying and employees were getting laid off. Carl would get in @ 6 AM to do prep and he would start his day by taking a nap and then when he woke up he would crank lines all day and run the store.

I was now doing partial delivery and Carl was teaching me how to cook and this guy was the best at multi tasking this type of stuff and he taught me a lot and I became very good at running a grill station etc...

Funny story about Carl was one Friday afternoon towards the end the store was so dead that between 4-6 PM we got one order. Then all of a sudden the phone rang and Carl picks it up and the caller hangs up.

All of a sudden Carl flips out and says "MOTHERFUCKERS ILL SHOW YOU, I GOT CALLER ID, ILL CALL YOU BACK". Carl picks up the phone and calls this # back and a 14 year old girl says hello. Carl says "YOU LITTLE FUCKING CUNT NEVER PRANK ME AGAIN" and slams the phone down. 10 mins later some angry mother and daughter storm in and start screaming at Carl and Carl is arguing back.

At this point I knew this was the end of this place and within a month the store closed. There was a place down the street which was picking up steam in the area and I had about 4 college buddies delivering there as their college part time jobs. They told me that they were looking for a grill cook so I went in and they offered me health insurance and a pretty good salary to start so I took it and a new world opened up.

The Owners of this shops names were Buck and Tank and both were former body builders. Both of these guys were jacked Italians and often the talk in the shop was around how strong you were, how much you could bench, who was toughest etc... I will probably get into some good stories about these guys later but for now will fast forward a couple of years to where people in our work place started to hate or dislike each other. Then all of a sudden the savage of the 2 brothers said. THATS IT THIS WILL BE SETTLED AT FIGHT CLUB

Huh? Well one of their good friends had a warehouse for office equipment and we decided to setup fight cards in there with head gear and boxing gloves and each match was fought on a wrestling mat. There would be 3 fights at the first one and few spectators. The second one was bigger but not a lot of outside viewers. But Fight Club 3 had 100s of spectators and was promoted in the underworld. There were some high 3 and 4 figure bets floating around and some brawls in the parking lot during and after the fights. There is still footage floating around out there of these fights but most will not hit the internet. However I was given this one piece of footage from fight club 3 where I sang the national anthem.

More pizza stories later

Comments

The_Lurker: sweet

WillieMcFML: HOF

sonatine: absolute gem of a great pizza story

splitthis:

Load Metric
    So another customer experience, I deliver a pizza, it was a 2X Pepperoni, 2X Cheese and 2X Sauce. I remember it vividly because the pizza was like 2 Lbs, is was like a lead weight. Anyway, it was on the fringe of our delivery zone which sucked because I would have to drive like 10 miles away, 10 miles back with no guarantee of a tip.

So I take the pizza and deliver it, it was like a mansion, it was probably 10,000 square feet and the homeowner is like where is my extra sauce? I am like WTF? He said he ordered extra sauce in a cup and said he wanted it. I am like "Dude, it took me 20 minutes to get here I can't go back and get you an extra cup of sauce". Keep in mind, this was WAY before Dominos, Pizza Hut, etc.. hand any extra sauce cups, so there was really not a method to deliver extra sauce.

So what happens? There is a convenience store down the street like a mile and he gives me $20 to buy a jar of marinara, so I drive and get a bottle. I ring the door bell and the owner who just gave me the $20 is literally eating a piece of pizza with sauce all down his shirt and comments there was more sauce than he thought. He tells me to keep the change which was like $17.00 and the sauce. I brought the sauce in the store and explained to the manager why I was so late and he was like, yeah I will take that sauce bottle. It was Ragu.

That was the biggest tip I ever received. $17.00, plus another $10 on the pie, $27.00 in total tip.

Load Metric
    Sure wish Druff would tell the coupon pizza clipping story in his apartment when Tyde was there, to get Druff's side of the story.

Comments

sonatine: truth dies in the dark

Banned
    Load Metric
    I have only ever had one job that ever paid any tips. I was 11 and had a newspaper delivery route. All my papers were delivered to working class houses on row streets, except one. There was this Big brick house with lots of glass brick and curved walls at the end of a 500 ft driveway, and I put the paper in one of these

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Attached to the mail box.

One day during my first month there is an envelope addressed to "paper boy" taped over the paper box, and in it is a hand written note asking me to please come to the door.

I go to the door and ring the bell and a very nice older lady answers the door, and introduces herself as "Mrs. Minty". Mrs Minty explained to me that Mr.Minty would like his paper delivered right on the door mat at the front door, and that he knows that it takes up extra time to do this, and he would pay me an extra $5 a month for this extra service.( I only made $50 a month for the whole paper route ). I agreed, and Mrs. Minty opens up her purse and gave me a crisp $5 bill.

Everyday I rode my bike up driveway and jumped off ran up the steps and placed the paper neatly in the middle of the door mat. This was back in the day when paperboys collected for the paper every month. I go to collect, and ring the bell and Mrs. Minty answers the door and hands me two envelopes, one a regular envelope with the paper money in it, and one fancy envelope with a hand written note that said "thank you for doing a perfect job" and it was singed "Mr. Minty" inside was a crisp $10 bill.

This went on for ten months, and every month I would get the same two envelopes. One day near Christmas there was a wrapped package with two envelopes under the ribbon. The package contained homemade cookies, the plain envelope had the money for for the paper, and the fancy envelope had a note that said, "of all the people in my service, you are the only one that did exactly what they said they would everyday this year" Thank you, signed Mr. Minty. In the envelope was a brand new $100 bill.

For the next year, every month, two envelopes, one with a $10 dollar bill, and a handwritten note. Christmas time came, and on the porch was a brand new bright yellow Schwinn ten speed with a huge bow and two envelopes one with a handwritten note that said " I couldn't help but notice that your bicycle was in poor shape, and all professionals should have the right tool for the job" there was also a crisp $100 bill. I had a $5 yard sale bike.

Soon after, puberty had hit, and sports took over my life, and I quit my paper route. In the two and a half years I never met or saw "Mr. Minty"

Later on i had learned that Mr. Minty was a retired land developer and pretty much the richest man in the state of Oregon, he was in a wheel chair, and didn't like to go out in public, and that their daughter was a famous model and Steve Mcqueen's wife.

Fast forward to the last home football game my senior year in high school. After the game my coach came to me in the locker room and said There is a very nice older woman outside that would like to talk to you. I went outside and it was Mrs. Minty , she was all dressed up with a hat and white gloves. She told me that Mr. Minty had passed away last week, and that he wanted me to have this, as she hands me a small wrapped box. She also told me that Mr. Minty had never missed any of my home games, and that he would only leave the house to go to the doctor, or to see me play. She gave me a hug, and I thanked her.

Inside the box was a very old solid gold Bulova watch that I have to this day.

Barbara Minty

Name:  download (1).jpeg
Views: 306
Size:  10.8 KB

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Minty

Name:  01b11b1c06ed9b4481847d107cbdaab9.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  473.7 KB

Comments

RS_:

hongkonger: That is fucking awesome

OSA: Best post in this thread

gimmick:

Dive_Bar_Dave:

chinamaniac: nh

JACKDANIELS: thread delivers

splitthis:

Hockey Guy: Wow, interesting story. I also believe it.

FPS_Russia: Times have changed, you mean they didn't think of you as cattle, insist on you doing that and a couple other things for free, then call your boss for a discount for their extreme inconvenience.
    Last edited by The_Lurker; 02-12-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Load Metric
    How legit is the number that you can only leave a pizza sitting out 4 hours before its likely to make you sick? I've eaten pizza that was sitting out all night a shitload of times, and I've never gotten sick. Broad I just met says it can sit out a day without making you sick. I don't doubt that it can make you sick after sitting out 4 hours, but how likely is it?

Comments

splitthis: Cheese only good for 24 hrs, at least in college it was

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post
    How legit is the number that you can only leave a pizza sitting out 4 hours before its likely to make you sick? I've eaten pizza that was sitting out all night a shitload of times, and I've never gotten sick. Broad I just met says it can sit out a day without making you sick. I don't doubt that it can make you sick after sitting out 4 hours, but how likely is it?
    Hey, you are going to get shocking story very soon about being a driver and safe cooking conditions. Just wait

Load Metric
    I am doing these stories a little out of order, but this was the day I quit at Dominos. Mind you, I worked there for three years and was easily the most reliable driver the manager had. Marcus, who was the District Manager began coming to the store weekly, sales we down due to competition so he took an real active role in the 7 or 8 stores he managed. Keep in mind Marcus was like 5' 4" tall and while pretty muscular, it was apparent he was totally intimidated by my 6' frame and very muscular. I was 20 at the time and worked out like every day and I just towered over him when he decided to berate me for no reason.

Anyway, it was a Thursday night around 11pm and I got a huge order to a Marriott property, it was like 15 pizzas which meant a good tip (in theory). Marcus was there with the Manager and made some snide comment as I was leaving, something to the effect of not getting into an accident. Keep in mind he worked for the owner and any type of accident would have hit his insurance. But he was such a d-bag it would not have registered.

So I walk into this high end Marriott with 15 pizzas, I needed a baggage cart to get them in. There are a bunch of people there in tuxedos, totally wasted drunk. I start unloading the pizzas and customers began calling me "Pizza Boy". They began asking where was this pizza, where was that pizza, I was pissed. Anyway, the payer came up, fucking shit faced and asked the bill, and handed him the receipt. It was $146.25. I remember that 20 years later because he handed me 3 $50 bills. I was like WTF? and he had the nerve to say to me "I'll get you next time" as if I would ever see him again.

So I got back to the store pissed and Marcus is there saying "tip out" and the manager is in the back. It was 11:50 and the phones are blowing up and he says don't answer them, we closed at midnight. I was still hot from getting stiffed on such a huge order and wanted a couple more runs. He then runs up to me and states the delivery policy is no pizza made after 11:45 because he cannot have drivers after midnight. Which was a fucking joke, I delivered pizzas for years after midnight while he was not there.

I was quitting anyway, but I took my name tag and whizzed it in the back. If I had thrown it at him I surely would have been arrested. I slammed my cash on the table and the next day the manager met me in the parking lot with my tip money which was like $70. Keep in mind I was 20 years old at the time, the manager in his late 30s and he could not even look me in the eye.

Comments

sonatine: pizza manager domination

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post

it really depends on the toppings. plus once you reheat a slice of pizza past like 170 degrees internal its basically sterilized.

but 4 hours is laughable unless you have your pizza topped with like sushi and rare steak.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Sure wish Druff would tell the coupon pizza clipping story in his apartment when Tyde was there, to get Druff's side of the story.
    I am making a stand, if Druff does not tell his side of the story on the pizza clipping story with Tyde, I am not going to tell my shocking pizza delivery story. If he does tell his side of the story, I will post otherwise posts in this thread will cease by me.

Comments

Muck Ficon: No one cares about your fake stories.

Load Metric
    DRUFF I THINK HES SERIOUS PLEASE DO NOT TEST HIS RESOLVE
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    DRUFF I THINK HES SERIOUS PLEASE DO NOT TEST HIS RESOLVE
    Druff is tall he won't be intimidated like Marcus was.

Load Metric
    Another great story, I was partying at the MIT (Manager in Training) and Assistant Manager's house on a Tuesday Night. It was like July and we were just getting hammered. It was like 11pm and I already concocted a story to my folks that I was staying with a friend. So the Owner's cousin (not brother) came over and began kissing the Assistant Manager who was engaged to the Manager of another store. I was like WTF?

They kept asking me not to say anything before she broke off the engagement. Let me tell you, the Assistant Manager was fucking hot. So anyway, we were doing shots at midnight and the Assistant Manger (Karen) began making eyes to me. Her soon to be boyfriend saw this and asked me to come outside for a smoke, I did not smoke but went out anyway.

It was a terribly odd conversation because I was going to a fancy NE school and he was basically a fast food manager. He was basically feeling me out because she definitely wanted to fuck me and I had tremendous game and he had little game. We went back inside and did some more shots and I just banged the MIT and and went to sleep and left.

The key to this story is all three of them, along with another guy got stake money a couple months later and opened up a bunch of franchises a few months later in Europe. If I had pushed the situation (having sex with Karen), there is no doubt in my mind the deal overseas would have imploded. I later learned Karen and this Manager went on to have like 4 kids together. If I had nailed her that night likely the kids would have not been born as a fight would have surely happened.

As far as the MIT, I never saw her again after age 19 and she went to Europe to help with the franchises. I will tell you this *******NOT SAFE FOR WORK******, she like 110 lbs and when she was riding me reverse cow girl she would spread her ass cheeks and say "you like that?". I was 19 of fucking course I liked it.

Sad day in my life when she moved to Europe.

Comments

JimmyG_415: "Another" great story....when was the 1st one?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    One day long before I was working at the Fight Club Pizza shop Buck who was an owner got an order and they were short on delivery drivers so he took the delivery. A friend of mine happened to be driving on the same road on the very same day.

My friend tells me he was driving through town and he accidentally cut off Buck. Buck followed him tailing his car and bumping his car repeatedly from behind. After twisting and turning from neighborhood to neighborhood my friend hit a dead end and Buck pulled in behind him and rear ended him from behind.

My friend is an average sized guy and jumped otu of his car and threw up his hands and yelled WTF man!!!!! Then buck emerged and he was probably a lot bigger than he is here because I don't think he was in contest shape.

My friend thought he was going to die and he jumped back in his car and locked the doors. Buck walked onto the lawn of the house they were in front of and picked up a giant rock that is reported to weigh over 100 pounds He then walked to the passenger side of the vehicle and with 2 hands drove the rock through the windshield. Buck then drove his car and ditched it at a friends house in the area and went back to work.

My friend then called the police and gave a description of Buck. The police went to the pizza shop and buck was IDd but he denied he did anything and said he was at work all day and called my friend a liar. No charges were ever filed and my friend decided to drop it.

This story was told to me by my friend and when I was working at the pizza shop a couple of years later Buck confirmed it to be true.

Name:  Inked65623_1430748870477822_1356938623_n_LI.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  711.3 KB

Side Note- He is by far the strongest man I have ever known with a 650+ maybe 700 pound bench press and could leg press like 2000+ pounds. Inhuman and also rumored to be able to bench press over 300 pounds when he was in 6-7th grade.

I wrestled Buck twice and have a 1-1 record vs him

Comments

sonatine: classic buck

Thread Information