Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Beto O'Rourke for Senate 2018!!! ***

Load Metric

*** Beto O'Rourke for Senate 2018!!! ***

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Alright, fellow "libtards"! It's time to join me in putting your money where your mouths are regarding pushing back against the Rethuglican-controlled Senate. Because Beto O'Rourke, the Dem Party Texas primary winner, has an excellent chance of unseating Ted Cruz this coming fall.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Here's where you can learn about his Congressional voting, accomplishments, and positions:
    https://orourke.house.gov/

His Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/betoorourke/

And to donate to his campaign:
    https://secure.actblue.com/donate/bo-ads-180306-primary

Comments

big dick: hell yeah

JimmyG_415:
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Same network said Texas was going blue for Hillary. Cruz will win by 10+ points. Here again, you can get all the action you want on predictit.org but guess what, you won't bet a dime. You are about as awful as The Lurker and he is terrible so you are in rare company.

Comments

hongkonger: Look who's talking

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Alright, fellow "libtards"! It's time to join me in putting your money where your mouths are regarding pushing back against the Rethuglican-controlled Senate. Because Beto O'Rourke, the Dem Party Texas primary winner, has an excellent chance of unseating Ted Cruz this coming fall.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Here's where you can learn about his Congressional voting, accomplishments, and positions:
    https://orourke.house.gov/

His Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/betoorourke/

And to donate to his campaign:
    https://secure.actblue.com/donate/bo-ads-180306-primary
    Lily white guy who gave gave himself a Spanish nickname, is fluent in Spanish and is rocking a deep tan (probably year round) to make himself look more Mexican. He is doing a good job playing the demographic game, I will give him that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Same network said Texas was going blue for Hillary. Cruz will win by 10+ points. Here again, you can get all the action you want on predictit.org but guess what, you won't bet a dime. You are about as awful as The Lurker and he is terrible so you are in rare company.

I mean it never ends with libtards.

Let's all be delusional and pretend that Texas will elect a beaner with an Irish last name for senator

I mean you just can't make this shit up...
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Ted Cruz was obviously a second generation bush lackey, so obviously he gets re elected.

Load Metric
    On a side note, lol at George P Bush going M.I.A and still winning the Republican nomination.........Lol voting machines......

Load Metric

Chapter 1: Injuries

“Kilgharrah,” Merlin groaned out. “Is Kilgharrah alright?” Merlin coughed, the sudden taste of copper making itself known in his mouth as he was riddled with searing pain. He was having a hard time focusing on the bodies that crowded around him; he assumed they were asking him questions, but they were muffled, as if they were trying to talk though thick glass. Merlin wasn’t quite sure why he was on the ground or even how he was on the ground. One moment he was on Kilgharrah making their last turn before the jump and then nothing- Just blackness and then searing pain. A scream?

Kilgharrah! Merlin remembers hearing the horse yell out as things became dark around him. Why was Kilgharrah screaming? Was he hurt? What happened?

Merlin’s thoughts raged on and with the pain combined, Merlin couldn’t take it anymore. He tried to sit up, but hands immediately pushed him back down, “No, Kilgharrah! He’s hurt!” Merlin yelled, or at least he thought he did, but the reactions of those above him made Merlin think they didn’t hear him at all. The hands never left him, their grips only growing tight around him before the realization of his back no longer being kissed by the surface of the grass; he was suspended and then laid onto something a bit like fabric? Merlin couldn’t tell until he finally succumbed to his pain and fear and his world turned dark and silent.

Merlin winced, the pain rolling up from his ankle and leg and then to his spine in an electric fire, burning everything in its wake. He watched the man turn his foot in his hand, while watching Merlin’s reaction, “Have you been working on your therapy?” He asked him, placing Merlin’s foot back on the table.

“Gaius, I have done everything you told me, and more,” Merlin ran a hand through his raven hair in frustration, “And I’m still not getting any better.”

“It’s not going to heal any faster with an attitude like that, Merlin,” Gaius grabbed his clipboard and wrote something on it before rolling to the counter that sat behind him. “Have you been back to the stables? It could help,” Gaius grabbed Merlin’s new x-ray and placed in the folder before rolling back to Merlin and handing it to him.

Merlin took it, “They replaced me, Gaius, they replaced me,” Merlin said low and feeling utterly defeated. “I can’t go back after they have replaced me.”

“Merlin, they only replaced you because of your injury, you know that,” Gaius patted Merlin on his knee, “Once you’re better and healed, you’ll be back on.”

“Like anyone want’s me back on,” Merlin shook his head.

“You know that is not true,” Gaius raised his grey eyebrows. “Gwaine, whom you haven’t spoken to in three months, won’t stop asking how you’re doing and when you will be coming back out,” Gaius then stood from his rolling chair. “Keep with the therapy and call Gwaine,” Gaius said while Merlin slid of the table, picking up his crutches and making his way to the opened door of Gaius’ check-up room.

Merlin thought about Kilgharrah and Gwaine as he looked out the window of the cab he was in. He had called Gwaine while he waited for the cab and got bombarded by an angry and happy boy, with a million questions, one being why he hadn’t called since the accident. Gwaine was in Canada to visit his family, however, so Merlin wouldn’t get to see him for a few weeks.

Then he thought about how Camelot tried to put their new rider on Kilgharrah and how he had bucked him off and bit and kicked at the new rider. The thought made Merlin smile. Kilgharrah had always favored Merlin, even when they first met three years ago. The horse was angry and very firry, with a strong spirit, but he had people issues. He wasn’t found of people coming towards him and he hadn’t ever been ridden when Camelot Stables bought him in auction. Merlin was his last chance before they put him down because no one could touch him. Luckily, Guin knew that Merlin was great with horses and they listened to him, so ever since then, Merlin and Kilgharrah have been the power duo; as long as Kilgharrah stopped trying to kill everyone that came near him.

When the accident happened, Kilgharrah wasn’t hurt but a small sprain and a cut on his flank from the base of the jump, splitting because of the shear mass of the horse. Merlin was told that Kilgharrah lost his footing because of the wet sand and when he went up for the jump, his rear hooves slipped, causing his fronts to catch the jump. Kilgharrah slipped forward and flipped them over, with Kilgharrah landing on Merlin. No one really told him what had happened after that, except that Merlin was hysterical and worried about Kilgharrah, to the point they had to sedate him.

The cab came to a halt, just outside the main building that held the winning horses and the retired studs and mares. Merlin bit his lip nervously. He wasn’t sure why he was so nervous; he’d basically lived at the stables for the past four years after high school. But now Merlin felt… he wasn’t really sure what he felt. Maybe because he had been gone for six months, and he hadn’t talked to anyone but Gwaine, but after the first three, he didn’t even talk to him either? “You need any help?” asked the cabby breaking Merlin’s train of thought, causing him to look up at the bearded man.

“No, I got it. Thanks,” Merlin sighed and opened the door, letting his legs slide out to the gravel. He reached for his crutches and sat them down on the ground and pushed up on them before shutting the door to the cab.

Merlin looked at the large building and with a heavy sigh he slowly made his way up the gravel path and into the stables. As he made his way up, he noticed that there was no one around. It was odd for the stables to be so quiet and empty looking; no stable hand’s roamed with buckets or horses and there were no riders or trainers. Merlin was somewhat thankful that no one was around to see him struggle up the gravel and into the stables, or even see Merlin at all.

He didn’t want to answer people’s questions or hear their silent whispers as he passed them on his crutches. He was thankful that he had no disruptions as he slowly made his way to Kilgharrah’s stall. But, when he reached it, he half expected to see Kilgharrah missing, the stall door closed and his nameplate gone. Merlin’s heart dropped to the dark pit of his stomach as he frantically opened the stall door, stepping inside and kicking the shavings with his foot in frustration. Where the hell is Kilgharrah? Merlin thought to himself. With a loud huff, Merlin turned to leave the stall, but his crutches caught the small step leading to the concrete, causing Merlin to fly forward, right into a body.

The body fell backwards, Merlin following suite, landing on top of them. He groaned as the pain in his casted leg began to surface, in hot waves of fire, like he had been thrown into a burning sun of knives and daggers. Merlin rolled off the person onto his back and closed his eyes, taking in deep breaths, trying to calm himself and hopefully the pain that was shooting through his leg that was slowly growing up towards his still bruised ribs.

Merlin felt a hand on his shoulder, “Don’t fucking touch me,” Merlin breathed out, raspy and angry, “Just don’t fucking touch me for a minute,” Merlin said again ignoring the hand that didn’t move from his shoulder. “Where’s Kilgharrah?” He finally asked after some time of silence and heavy breathing.

Merlin looked over to the now sitting up boy, meeting his ocean blue eyes, “I think he’s on the hot-walker,” He replied to Merlin, crossing his arms.

“Why?” Merlin snapped, more out of pain than anger.

“They’ve kept him pastured since the accident,” he said looking in the stall. “He had started acting crazy. He wouldn’t eat and he kicked out the stall door on several occasions. Hell, he wouldn’t let anyone touch him, so they put him out so he would at least eat a little and stop costing the stable money on repairs,” He said gesturing behind them. He looked back at Merlin, “He wouldn’t let me ride him either.”

Merlin clenched his jaw when he realized he was talking to Arthur, the boy who had replaced his position on the Camelot Jumping Team. That pissed Merlin off and even angrier than just the slight he had when he fell. “I don’t blame Kilgharrah,” Merlin said, smirking as he really looked at Arthur.

He was the perfect rich boy stereotype. He was wearing a tight yellow polo that was tucked into his expensive khaki breeches, showing off his chiseled chest every time he took a breath. He had on tall boots that looked like they had never seen horse shit in their entire life with small jumping spurs that were just as new-looking. Arthur had golden hair that was slightly long, his bangs casting a shadow over his ocean blue eyes. He was beautiful, and perfect, and that pissed Merlin off. He was not going to find his just now determined enemy attractive or even become friends; not now, not ever.

He saw Arthur’s eyes trailing down from his face and to his heavily casted foot, “You’re Merlin?” He asked looking back up to Merlin’s face.

“Yes, I’m Merlin,” Merlin sighed, sitting up. “Help me up, would you?” Merlin held out his hand and quickly the boy stood and took it, pulling Merlin up on his good foot, allowing him to lean against the stall while he grabbed Merlin’s fallen crutches and handed them to him. “So where exactly is Kilgharrah?” Merlin questioned.

“They put him in the front pasture, I think,” He said to Merlin, pointing out of the stables through the wash stall.

“Thank you,” Merlin sighed and slowly made his way away from Kilgharrah’s old stall and towards the pasture. Merlin saw Arthur following from the corner of his eye and that agitated him. Merlin didn’t say anything, however. He hoped that his silence would make him go away and stop following him, but that didn’t seem to work. Merlin looked towards Arthur, who looked back with a grin.

“I’m Arthur, by the way.”

“I know who you are, Pendragon,” Merlin said turning from the stables and walking ono the wet grass.

“Right,” Arthur ran a hand through his golden hair.

“Who’ve you been riding, if I might ask? Since Kilgharrah hasn’t let anyone on him,” Merlin asked annoyed that Arthur wouldn’t leave him alone, but he figured he might as well ask since Arthur apparently wasn’t going anywhere. Besides, Merlin relished in the fact that he couldn’t ride Kilgharrah.

“Aithusa,” He smiled as he said her name.

“Aithusa?” Merlin cocked an eyebrow.

“She’s this beautiful dabbled grey filly that we got from London recently. She has one blue eye and God is she fast, and very sweet; everyone seems to love her,” He was still smiling when the pasture came into view along with Kilgharrah.

Merlin rolled his eyes as Arthur went on about this ‘Aithusa’, but Merlin tuned him out when he saw Kilgharrah. He couldn’t help but grin as they approached the dragon sized horse. He was a very large blood bay, almost 18 hands high with two blue eyes. He saw Kilgharrah lift his head from grazing and the horse immediately tossed his head and galloped towards the fence, reaching it in a few seconds. Kilgharrah began trotting back and forth, nickering and swinging his head. By the time Merlin and Arthur had reached the gate, Kilgharrah has already torn up the grass, and even dirt, as he pawed the ground with his large hooves.

Merlin dropped his crutches and hopped on one leg to the gate, opening it up and stepping in. Kilgharrah stepped back, allowing Merlin to hop in and he reached out, hugging the large horse around the neck. The horse leaned his large head down and sat it against Merlin’s back, as if he were hugging Merlin back. Merlin’s eyes filled with tears as all of the emotions from the past six months filled him starting from the accident, the loss of two weeks, the depression of his injury, the pain staking therapy, everything. And, as soon as it flooded in, was driven away by Kilgharrah as his breath blew against Merlin’s back.

Arthur sneezed.

Merlin jumped at the sudden noise, which ruined the entire moment he and Kilgharrah were having. Merlin turned and faced Arthur who was wiping his nose on a handkerchief that he pulled from a pocket on his breast. Arthur smiled, “Sorry, I’m getting a cold I think,” he said folding the blue silk-like handkerchief and then putting it back into his Polo’s breast pocket. Merlin rolled his eyes as he was taking a step back from Kilgharrah. Merlin leaned his back against the fence to help balance himself and he began to slowly pet the horses large neck. “Do you think they will let him back in the stables?”

Merlin shrugged his shoulders, “Probably not; I still can’t drive on my own let alone ride,” Merlin sighed, “With his mare-like attitude, I doubt they would.”

“I could drive you?” Arthur asked leaning against the fence on his arms as he looked at Kilgharrah.

Merlin thought about it. No, not only no, hell no. He wasn’t going to allow Arthur to drive him to the stables every day because Merlin hated Arthur, loathed him, because he took his job, his life. He was rich and probably a prat and stuck up and got everything he wanted because his daddy had money and basically owned Camelot; along with actually owning the Camelot Elite Jumping Team.

But merlin would be able to see Kilgharrah every day! And Arthur, no matter how much Merlin hated him, Arthur was still very nice to look at, with his Ocean Blue eyed, sun tanned skin, golden hair, chiseled chest…No, no, no.

Merlin sighed, running a hand through his raven black hair, “Yeah, sure. Thank you, Arthur,” Merlin shit him a smile before looking at Kilgharrah.

“Great,” He smiled pulling his phone from his breeches pocket, “Put your number in and text or call when you want to be picked up. Well, just not between and four; I do student lessons then.”

Merlin took Arthur’s phone and put his number in and name, “Here you go,” Merlin handed it back to Arthur.

“Do you know when you will be able to ride again?”

“Hmm?” Merlin looked over at Arthur who was putting his phone back into his pocket.

“Do you know when you will be able to ride again?” Arthur repeated.

“No, but Gaius says within the next year, maybe. He also says I may never get ride again, with the way the bone in my leg broke and the injuries to my ribs.” Merlin really didn’t want to think about not being able to ride again, but now that Arthur brought it up, Merlin couldn’t stop thinking about it.

“Hey, if Red Pollard could do it, you can too,” Arthur laughed pushing Merlin’s shoulder softly.

“Yes well, Red didn’t have injuries like mine and he didn’t jump: he raced, which makes it a completely different story,” Merlin sighed. “He was also American,” Merlin added.

“Ye of little faith,” Arthur said, “Ye of little faith,” he pushed off the fence, “Come on I have a lesson to start. You can go yell at someone about getting this dragon back into his stall?” Arthur said pushing the gate open for Merlin.

Merlin sighed and kissed Kilgharrah’s muzzle before leaving the pasture with Arthur, who helped him up the hill and to the office where Merlin was going to rip the stable manager a new one until he put Kilgharrah back in the stall where he was supposed to be.

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post

Let's all be delusional and pretend that Texas will elect a beaner with an Irish last name for senator

I am pretty sure he is just Irish with an Irish last name and a good tan.

Load Metric
    Bottomset didn't you also predict the pedo would win in Alabama?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Beto O'Rourke, the Dem Party Texas primary winner, has an excellent chance of unseating Ted Cruz this coming fall.

Are we talking about booger eating Ted Cruz?

Load Metric
    LOL

Poor democrats will hang their hats on anything these days.

Bad news for the leftys, Marxism is on its way out.

The Right has taken firm control of Italy & will soon be leaving the EU. The EU is crumbling. Good riddance to that piece of shit. The Italian people will be safe African immigration again. Letting countless n-words into your country is never a good idea. Look what it has done to America. White people should have picked their own damn cotton.

Borderless world my ass.

Comments

YUUP: Fuck th EU

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Bottomset didn't you also predict the pedo would win in Alabama?
    Yes but only after careful consultation with President Romney and #1 draft pick Johnny Manziel.

Comments

MumblesBadly: "Corporations are people, my friend."
    HILLARY WON

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    LOL

Poor democrats will hang their hats on anything these days.

Bad news for the leftys, Marxism is on its way out.

The Right has taken firm control of Italy & will soon be leaving the EU. The EU is crumbling. Good riddance to that piece of shit. The Italian people will be safe African immigration again. Letting countless n-words into your country is never a good idea. Look what it has done to America. White people should have picked their own damn cotton.

Borderless world my ass.
    From my understanding Italy literally changes their government every year. So the right winning this year doesn't indicate anything for next year.

Polls indicate Berlusconi actually has a decent chance of becoming PM again in 2019 if he runs once his ban runs out.

Load Metric
    Latest WP article about this race.

Ted Cruz calls out challenger Beto O’Rourke in a sign of a tough fight to come in Texas
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...d2b_story.html

Name:  IMG_9519.JPG
Views: 671
Size:  49.9 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Demographics don't mean everything, but they mean something. Texas, Arizona and Georgia will be purple states soon if they aren't already. Democrats have won 6 of the past 7 presidential elections. Only the retarded slavery-era electoral college saved the Republicans 2 of those 6 times. Long term, Republicans are in trouble for the office of PotUS. They're in good shape gerrymandering the House and the state legislatures though... for now.
    HILLARY WON

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Demographics don't mean everything, but they mean something. Texas, Arizona and Georgia will be purple states soon if they aren't already. Democrats have won 6 of the past 7 presidential elections. Only the retarded slavery-era electoral college saved the Republicans 2 of those 6 times. Long term, Republicans are in trouble for the office of PotUS. They're in good shape gerrymandering the House and the state legislatures though... for now.
    That being said, Hispanic communities are more conservative on many social issues than liberal whites. If/when the Republican Party gets new leadership/strategy that doesn't focus so much on identity politics and immigration, it isn't that clear that Hispanics are going to stay with the Democratic Party. Trump did better with Hispanics than previous recent Republican candidates, which is saying a lot given the rhetoric.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    That being said, Hispanic communities are more conservative on many social issues than liberal whites. If/when the Republican Party gets new leadership/strategy that doesn't focus so much on identity politics and immigration, it isn't that clear that Hispanics are going to stay with the Democratic Party. Trump did better with Hispanics than previous recent Republican candidates, which is saying a lot given the rhetoric.
    There is a lot the Republicans could do to attract the Latino vote but they are doing the opposite. They're all-in on energizing whites by demonizing racial minorities and immigrants. It's hard to see how they can make themselves attractive to Latinos for at least the next several election cycles.
    HILLARY WON

Platinum
    Load Metric

There is a lot the Republicans could do to attract the Latino vote but they are doing the opposite. They're all-in on energizing whites by demonizing racial minorities and immigrants. It's hard to see how they can make themselves attractive to Latinos for at least the next several election cycles.
    Thats probably fair, although I think things could turn around faster if Trump is a one and done presidency. I am just saying it is not like blacks and gays, where the Democrats can just count on their un-conditional support for the foreseeable future.

Diamond
    Load Metric

WRONG, its a reaction, whites are energized cuz the party with no ideas and all the ball-less cucks that like being told what to do keep saying whites are automatically racist/evil. if only pretty much every dude that still is a dem wasn't a ball-less cuck u could overthrow ur washed up leadership. but u cant and you'll just keep toeing the line like easily manipulated drones. I mean dear god look at ur attempt at a new party leader, BETA MALE O'ROUKE MUCH?? guy has 0 ability to change the current democrat platform

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post

Cruz is a pedo and you guys elected him

Thread Information