Page 50 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1729

Thread: Game of Meh

Load Metric
    Name:  worst-episode-ever.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  28.4 KB

Load Metric
    cute theory going around that somehow, this whole show is actually based on an in-world book(books?) sam writes after the facts.

eg the last scene is someone closing the cover of tarlys book and being all 'and thats how king jon snow and queen dany saved the realm, good night kids.'
    Last edited by sonatine; 07-24-2017 at 07:36 AM.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    cute theory going around that somehow, this whole show is actually based on an in-world book(books?) sam writes after the facts.

eg the last scene is someone closing the cover of tarlys book and being all 'and thats how king jon snow and queen dany saved the realm, good night kids.'
    was just reading about that. makes sense to me.

https://theringer.com/sam-tarly-geor...s-ac9f3c6721d6

That brings us to a scene between Archmaester Ebrose and Sam in the Citadel library from this week’s episode, “Stormborn.” The two are gathering books for research on the tome Archmaester Ebrose is writing. Sam begins the scene holding five books (the same number George R.R. Martin has completed).

Archmaester Ebrose then throws a sixth book on top as he begins lecturing Sam.

“If you’re going to write histories, Tarly, you have to do the research,” Archmaester Ebrose says. “If you want people to read your histories, you need a bit of style. I’m not writing The Chronicles of the Wars Following the Death of King Robert I so it can sit on a shelf unread.”
    Sam doesn’t respond. “What?” Archmaester Ebrose asks. “You don’t like the title? What would you call it then?”
    “Possibly something a bit more … poetic,” Sam replies. He then changes the topic to address an experimental treatment for Jorah’s greyscale and is quickly denied. By the time the scene ends, Sam has eight books in his hands (the number many fans expect A Song of Ice and Fire to be if it’s ever completed).

Comments

sonatine: exactly

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    was just reading about that. makes sense to me.

https://theringer.com/sam-tarly-geor...s-ac9f3c6721d6

That brings us to a scene between Archmaester Ebrose and Sam in the Citadel library from this week’s episode, “Stormborn.” The two are gathering books for research on the tome Archmaester Ebrose is writing. Sam begins the scene holding five books (the same number George R.R. Martin has completed).

Archmaester Ebrose then throws a sixth book on top as he begins lecturing Sam.

“If you’re going to write histories, Tarly, you have to do the research,” Archmaester Ebrose says. “If you want people to read your histories, you need a bit of style. I’m not writing The Chronicles of the Wars Following the Death of King Robert I so it can sit on a shelf unread.”
    Sam doesn’t respond. “What?” Archmaester Ebrose asks. “You don’t like the title? What would you call it then?”
    “Possibly something a bit more … poetic,” Sam replies. He then changes the topic to address an experimental treatment for Jorah’s greyscale and is quickly denied. By the time the scene ends, Sam has eight books in his hands (the number many fans expect A Song of Ice and Fire to be if it’s ever completed).
    That all seems to make sense. Although, if Sam is meant to be the in-show representation of GRRM, they should kill him off before he finishes his writings.

Load Metric
    Less talking.

More violence and nudity.

Comments

blake: insanely hot

Load Metric
    So does greyworm have a penis?
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Less talking.

More violence and nudity.

Best fucking body on the show.

Load Metric
    A couple threw a birthday for their 1 year old, the theme was game of thrones, they crowned their one year old as "the king of the north". Is it me or is the mom trying to subliminally say something??

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i think nymeria showed up to demonstrate that arya is well and truly no longer whoever she was. arya walked away from old arya, for better or worse, and nymeria turning its back on arya was meant to really demonstrate that a) innocence is over and b) there are costs to her choices that she hasnt even begun to comprehend.

and the more i consider it, the more i expect arya is not long for that world. she doesnt fit in anyplace. shes a profoundly damaged teenager with godlike power over life and death, thats maybe not a great energy on the chessboard at this point. oh and her sister, also a profoundly damaged teenager, is the queen of the north for the time being. gotta wonder how well those two are going to get on when sansa pulls rank on her.

and shout out to some good old GoT bedshitting...: sorry but dont all the sand snakes have poison on their knives and shit? because im pretty sure they cut euron greyjoy like half a dozen times, no? and hes doing great? oh and momma sandsnake spent an entire fight cowering behind her daughter?

if they end up handed over to cersei, (obviously this is the plan at bar), without poisoning themselves, thats going to be bedshittasaurus rex.

still loved this ep compared to the season opener but those sorts of inconsistencies are really taking the sting off this shit ending in 14 hours or whatever.

edit: quote from writers..;

“Arya’s not domesticated and it makes total sense her wolf wouldn’t be either. Once the wolf walks away, at first she’s heartbroken to have come this close. Then she realizes the wolf is doing exactly what she would do if she were that wolf.”

i mean, i get it, but its not entirely convincing to me that somehow, that whole scene was a self contained moment. its got to play out against the larger arya arc somehow, either priming us for arya possibly going insane or arya having a 'you cant walk through the same river twice' moment and lone-wolfing the fuck away from winterfell, possibly without even walking through the front door.
    I wanted to come with some sandsnake nittery but that whole scene was so absurd yet entertaining that im trying not to even think about it short of lets get rid of the rest of the dornish characters because theyre a waste of screentime.

Lets not forget how theyve completely fucked up how awesome the unsullied are by giving greyworm feelings. IF GRRM watched the show i would think hed be pissed off about that
    GRRM gave up any right to bitch when he didn't finish the books

Comments

varys: Hes a cunt

Load Metric
    The man!

Name:  Euron_Dragonstone_2.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  845.1 KB

Comments

JimmyG_415: Yup, best scene last year was him on the bridge, killing his brother, "I am the storm, brother".

varys: Euron>Joffrey>Ramsay

Load Metric
    So Aries basically has tons of bastard kids, sounds like a targaryan will be on the throne.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    So Aries basically has tons of bastard kids, sounds like a targaryan will be on the throne.
    Who are his bastard kids?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post
    The case can be made that Aerys and Joanna Lannister might well be Tyrion's parents.

http://nerdist.com/history-of-throne...g-of-westeros/

Load Metric
    The only thing worse then getting caught in a government conspiracy wormhole on youtube is getting caught in a game of thrones conspiracy wormhole, jesus christ do these nerds get detailed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post

The case can be made that Aerys and Joanna Lannister might well be Tyrion's parents.

http://nerdist.com/history-of-throne...g-of-westeros/
    Im aware of that single speculation, but tons were referenced.

Load Metric
    So the sea next to the wall freezes and the white walkers just walk around the wall.....interesting.

Load Metric
    If i see a midget on a dragon i will lose my shit lol, it really will be game of meh.

I like watching the show, it's become an interesting allegory to how our world works, rich elite factions always squabbling for power and ofcourse us peons are just fodder for their agenda.

Load Metric
    Oh and ofcourse, don't forget about the bankers that finance all sides of the conflict and always get their due.........oh how boring real life is to some people.

Load Metric
    If i see a midget on a dragon i will lose my shit lol, it really will be game of meh.

I like watching the show, it's become an interesting allegory to how our world works, rich elite factions always squabbling for power and ofcourse us peons are just fodder for their agenda.

tyrian is a targaryan by a lot of theories hence the dragons having a certain affinity for him. so yeah it could well come to pass.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information