Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PokerFraudAlert Radio now has a dedicated listen-by-phone number (no smartphone or app required!)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

PokerFraudAlert Radio now has a dedicated listen-by-phone number (no smartphone or app required!)

Now you can listen to PokerFraudAlert Radio without a computer, smartphone, and/or the internet.

If you have a phone that can dial, you can listen.

Call (712) 775-8162 and you will hear the show running live.

This will even work from old '70s rotary phones on top of mountains.

Note that this is NOT a call-in line to the show. You will not reach me by calling or texting this number, but you can always listen to the show by calling it.

No smartphones or apps required!

If you forget this number, it is also listed on the Radio page.

Load Metric
    Name:  LasVegas_dating_74756387.2.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  8.4 KB

Banned
    Load Metric
    you just made saddad23's whole year bro.

Load Metric
    Druff is up to something here. What is his endgame?

YouTube Red model? Gonna charge a subscription fee once critical mass is reached?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Druff is up to something here. What is his endgame?

YouTube Red model? Gonna charge a subscription fee once critical mass is reached?
    It is actually quite simple: I want to expand the listening options.

There was a fair amount of work to get both the listen number and the rerun auto-streaming up and running, but very little effort to provide them going forward.

Regarding the listen number, I am providing it simply to give another option to listen live. Believe it or not, some of the radio listeners don't have smartphones. Others have Android devices and don't understand how to use an app like the VLC Player. Some might be driving during the show, in an area where data coverage is not good enough to stream the show, but phone coverage is fine (this is more common than you think). Others may be somewhere that they want to listen in "phone call" format, but cannot listen through means which puts the broadcast through the speakers. For example, think if you are in public somewhere, want to listen to the show, but don't want others to hear it.

Now people can use any phone to call and listen, without any additional device or service.

Regarding the constantly streamed reruns, I realized that radio users tend to be super-passive. That is, they just want to turn it on, listen, and relax, with minimal effort. It is often more interesting and more pleasant to have a show selected for you, rather than being forced to choose. This is similar to why terrestrial radio still gets good ratings, despite the easy availability to download the specific songs you want to hear. Many people enjoy letting others (or even a computer) select for them.

Aside from a terrestrial radio signal, PFA now has more listen options than most radio stations, and it now broadcasts 24/7. You can listen live through the stream or the phone number. You can listen in the archives through direct MP3 download, iTunes, Stitcher, Tunein, or direct RSS feed.

The only downside to this is that I'll have to disable the rerun stream if anyone wants to broadcast their own show aside from the one I do. But that shouldn't be a problem, as we haven't had a user show in awhile.

Load Metric
    I think this only effects Ken Sclair.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Now you can listen to PokerFraudAlert Radio without a computer, smartphone, and/or the internet.

If you have a phone that can dial, you can listen.

Call (712) 775-8162 and you will hear the show running live.

This will even work from old '70s rotary phones on top of mountains.

Note that this is NOT a call-in line to the show. You will not reach me by calling or texting this number, but you can always listen to the show by calling it.

No smartphones or apps required!

If you forget this number, it is also listed on the Radio page.
    With this, and other features you've added to the forum lately, you deserve to not have to donate to the freeroll again for a period of one (1) year as of today. What say ye, fellow forumers?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Nice!

I take it this service must have been cheap and didn't set back the jew wallet very much.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I wish I could listen live but too addicted to 1.6x speed on podcasts.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Can I call collect?

Comments

Muck Ficon: I'm sure one of your hookers will let you use their phone.

MumblesBadly: Cointer rep (good joke)

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Apparently I need to explain to Muck Ficon and any other mouth breathers that I was making an 'old technology' joke.

Druff, I can't envision one scenario where anyone will ever use this.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Apparently I need to explain to you that you are a horrible poster.

MumblesBadly: No accounting for MF's taste (and obsessive trollong of BGC)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Can I call collect?
    Probably have to, since you're broke

Comments

Muck Ficon: Lol
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Apparently I need to explain to Muck Ficon and any other mouth breathers that I was making an 'old technology' joke.

Druff, I can't envision one scenario where anyone will ever use this.
    You're incorrect.

I've already had several people tell me that they want to listen live but can't because they either don't have a smartphone, don't understand how to listen via Android, or don't have good enough cell phone data coverage.

Comments

lewfather: legit lols

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also feel free to call it collect all you want. The bill won't be showing up at my doorstep.

Comments

DRK Star: Telefonos de Mexico c/o Rosarita

Load Metric

You're incorrect.

I've already had several people tell me that they want to listen live but can't because they either don't have a smartphone, don't understand how to listen via Android, or don't have good enough cell phone data coverage.
    i actually agree with druff here, even though i would never partake, but cell voice connection can be better than cell data connection in certain areas (long drives) and could see some use out of this. however you should explain that the quality of the show thru this means of listening will suffer but still listenable.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

You're incorrect.

i actually agree with druff here, even though i would never partake, but cell voice connection can be better than cell data connection in certain areas (long drives) and could see some use out of this. however you should explain that the quality of the show thru this means of listening will suffer but still listenable.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have been testing this phone line. Actually comes through very clear in about 90% of calls to it.

The other 10% of the time it gets some weird garbling, but you notice it right at the beginning, and you just hang up and call back and that fixes it.

But I'm not seeing much of a degradation of sound quality when it works normally (which as I said is the vast majority of the time), except perhaps for the music, which is really only played at the beginning.

Honestly this is the better/more reliable listening option if you are driving and listening live.

Load Metric
    Todd,

If I were to call into this line to listen to the show, but fall asleep before it ends, is there a way to disconnect the call once the show is over on your end, or would I have to hang up?

Since I have unlimited minutes, this may be easier than just having the phone run all night where it cant go into a power saving mode and has to stay lit up on the screen all night, running on Dolphin browser (my Android cant use chrome to stream the show).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    Todd,

If I were to call into this line to listen to the show, but fall asleep before it ends, is there a way to disconnect the call once the show is over on your end, or would I have to hang up?

Since I have unlimited minutes, this may be easier than just having the phone run all night where it cant go into a power saving mode and has to stay lit up on the screen all night, running on Dolphin browser (my Android cant use chrome to stream the show).
    No, it wouldn't disconnect. The number streams the show 24/7, with the live show when it's on, and reruns otherwise (like right now).

But don't worry about needlessly staying connected. It doesn't cost me anything, nor does it prevent others from using it. It has virtually unlimited lines, even though it's one phone number.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    Todd,

i use an app on android called servestream, it streams the show live without having to have the screen on, plus you can do other things on your phone while listening, you just put the radio url with the :####'s behind it.

Comments

DRK Star: will check it out. thanks

Thread Information