Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious derailing attempts in 4 thread 'Could Phil Ivey be a cheater?'

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric

Serious derailing attempts in 4 thread 'Could Phil Ivey be a cheater?'

This thread has gotten beaucoup interesting in the last day or so with the reemergence of old dirt involving some alleged shenanigans at the O in 2010-12 and other matters involving some old-time names, not necessarily Ivey. I'd heard about some of these things before, and I know there was a massive clampdown done the last time some of this stuff surfaced.

I'm curious what Druff and a couple of the other Vegas peeps on here might know about some of this stuff, because I expect this 4 thread to soon suffer the fate of the earlier thread, in terms of being locked and then deleted.

As you know, I hate giving any traffic to 4, but this merits a special exemption. The last 100 or so posts are some interesting stuff, including the blatant derailing attempts.

Load Metric
    "Abe mosseri should count. That little math genius nerd dick has flown under the radar for years. Whatnis it? 18 million? And that's just what we know about under one account. Before all high stakes guys were multi accounting because it was not a big deal then. The rumor is in Bobby's room he made 40 million. I heard Gus kidding him about it and the guys making jokes about 40 mil Mosseri made. That's the reason everyone owes Mosseri like Eli Elezra owes a million to him and don't think he's gotta pay. He says mosseri is a dick for asking him to pay him after all the money he made on FT. They were trenfers to Elezra.
    There are only 5 poker players with great wealth that hasn't blown it on nonsense and they say Mosseri is one of the wealthiest. Dude flys under the radar. No facebook no twiiter nothing. Plays in games with billionaires in Manhattan that just lose.
    That's why he was arrested with Illya trincher because he was playing so high. 250k/500k with some of these guys! Mark lasted stepped down from a diplomat because of Mosseri and Trincher. He seems to slime under the radar somehow. He's a wise ass know it all *******.
    Phil Ivey was multi accounting also in the first years."

This is an interesting quote because Mosseri owns a house not too far from where I live.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/50...47467236_zpid/

http://www.sc-pa.com/testsearch/parcel/0009060005

I believe he spends much of his time away from this location it is still a very nice place. Wouldn't be surprised if he is loaded.

Load Metric
    I think the real question that needs to be answered is who the hell is privateworld?

Load Metric
    Ok I think I figured out who he is.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Ok I think I figured out who he is.
    Please share.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    I don't want to be the one who outs the guy, HOWEVER, after some research I've noticed he is mainly a high stakes cash game player, under 45 but not by much (by his own admission) and his nickname is in his two plus two screen name (privateworld). Any ideas?

Comments

Crowe Diddly: outing the guy rep

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Your assumption of Johnny World Hennigan is an interesting assumption...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Boy, I hate reading long 2+2 threads, especially because of the high noise-to-signal ratio.

I'll jump into it later and comment when I've gone through it all.

Gold
    Load Metric
    IAMthepokerhack:
    when I was around town I was told a story about Doyle and Chip putting a mechanic is the box in Bobby's Room and taking down a Saudi Prince for low to mid 8 figures-heard of this one?
    Privateworld:
    You are correct poker hack
    Name:  wee-bey.gif
Views: 1678
Size:  1.78 MB

Comments

JimmyG_415: Wee-Bey Rep

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    bring in srsly. He supposedly knew why Dwan was mad. Did Dwan ever reveal why?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Fademypicks View Post
    Your assumption of Johnny World Hennigan is an interesting assumption...
    Pooh's guess is interesting, given that Hennigan is 44, has experience playing in Bobby's Room, and uses the "world" in his name.

Of course, it could be someone trolling and attempting to look like it's John, without directly saying it and getting banned or discredited.

Need a 2+2 mod to check the IP of "privateworld" and see if it comes up as Philly or anywhere near AC. Of course, John may be elsewhere, but if it comes up as where he lives, then that would add a lot to the theory.

Steerpike, if you're reading this, it would be a great use of your 2+2 mod account. BTW, they won't be able to tell that you've checked an IP if you haven't logged into the admin control panel. Just saying.

Load Metric
    I thought there was a chance that this PW guy was an insider but I think he lost all credibility when he started the DN thread because it's really starting to look like a troll job. I'm just starting to read it now but it's already locked & I'm interested to see why but I suspect it's just pure stupidity.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    I can't believe nobody has outed that guy as Hennigan yet.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Looking through Privateworld's posting history, I think it's pretty clear it's not Hennigan.

I hope he starts posting on here instead.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Weird thread.

Don't know what to think of Privateworld. Doesn't appear to be Hennigan.

He may or may not have real inside knowledge. I can't decide. The guy seems to know a lot of detail regarding the various high limit players he discusses (for example, he knows about the Trincher thing with the plumbing company they took over as part of a gambling debt). But all of this could have been obtained from reading all of the available stories, and he could have made the rest up.

Personally I think it's someone from the high limit community, but not Hennigan, and I think the guy has sprinkled lies in with the truth. Claims to be from Vegas. Would love to see verification of that. If this goes on much longer, I might verify it myself (it will take some effort, but I can).

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Weird thread.

He may or may not have real inside knowledge. I can't decide. The guy seems to know a lot of detail regarding the various high limit players he discusses (for example, he knows about the Trincher thing with the plumbing company they took over as part of a gambling debt). But all of this could have been obtained from reading all of the available stories, and he could have made the rest up.

Personally I think it's someone from the high limit community, but not Hennigan, and I think the guy has sprinkled lies in with the truth. Claims to be from Vegas. Would love to see verification of that. If this goes on much longer, I might verify it myself (it will take some effort, but I can).
    I'm with you,don't think it's Hennigan.Didn't he tell a story about talking to him laughing about Dnegs fan boys at a final table? could be a swerve ball I suppose.

He said he talked to Mike Matusow about Ted Forrest playing Andy Beal. Maybe a dealer or floor guy picking up the gossip.
    If you were in the inner circle would you be posting on 2 + 2 and risking future paydays?

When you go Bullet Bill,let us know about the Todd Brunson beating, cos I'm sure I saw them playing on High Stakes Poker together,may have got that wrong.
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Not publicly. What he told me has nothing to do with any of this conjecture, imo

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Weird thread.

Claims to be from Vegas. Would love to see verification of that. If this goes on much longer, I might verify it myself (it will take some effort, but I can).
    I'm not sure he is from Vegas. In one of his replies about choice centre he say 'When I was in Vegas for the WSOP...'

That says to me he isn't, even though his 2+2 location says he is...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurabsal View Post
    Weird thread.

Claims to be from Vegas. Would love to see verification of that. If this goes on much longer, I might verify it myself (it will take some effort, but I can).
    I'm not sure he is from Vegas. In one of his replies about choice centre he say 'When I was in Vegas for the WSOP...'

That says to me he isn't, even though his 2+2 location says he is...
    He also said he lives 3 doors down from Howard Lederer & his wife. I'm sure somebody should be able to figure it out from that.
    Last edited by Hockey Guy; 09-21-2014 at 07:50 PM.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Not publicly. What he told me has nothing to do with any of this conjecture, imo

In your opinion?

Thread Information