Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Passenger KO'd then dragged from plane in barbaric country

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I actually have my own post-9/11 seat moving story, which I've told before on radio.

I paid extra money for Economy Plus (extra legroom) in 2012, but didn't know about those sites where you could look up seats on airplanes for faults.

So the seats I chose couldn't recline, and I didn't know this until I boarded. The airlines should really warn you about this before you pay EXTRA for such seats, but they don't.

Anyway, I was very unhappy with the situation. I knew there was nothing I could do about it, so I didn't complain at first. However, after they closed the airplane doors, I noticed 3 other empty Economy Plus seats nearby, and those COULD recline!

I went to the stewardess and asked if I could move, and explained why. She got really bitchy with me right off the bat, lecturing me, "Those are your seats, and you can't move." I tried to keep as calm as possible, because I didn't want to get kicked from the plane for being a disruption. I tried to softly reason with her, explaining that I paid extra for these seats and had no idea they couldn't recline, and how I would be happy to move after takeoff when it was 100% clear no one was sitting there. She coldly responded, "You paid for legroom, not for recline. You need to return to your seat."

I was pissed and wanted to continue arguing, but knowing I was on an airplane in a post-9//11 world, I turned around and quietly sat down, accepting the crappy decision.

10 minutes after takeoff, she approached me again.

"Those seats over there... you can move now if you want."

I didn't understand why she changed her mind. Perhaps she cooled down in those 10 minutes and re-thought the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I actually have my own post-9/11 seat moving story, which I've told before on radio.

I paid extra money for Economy Plus (extra legroom) in 2012, but didn't know about those sites where you could look up seats on airplanes for faults.

So the seats I chose couldn't recline, and I didn't know this until I boarded. The airlines should really warn you about this before you pay EXTRA for such seats, but they don't.

Anyway, I was very unhappy with the situation. I knew there was nothing I could do about it, so I didn't complain at first. However, after they closed the airplane doors, I noticed 3 other empty Economy Plus seats nearby, and those COULD recline!

I went to the stewardess and asked if I could move, and explained why. She got really bitchy with me right off the bat, lecturing me, "Those are your seats, and you can't move." I tried to keep as calm as possible, because I didn't want to get kicked from the plane for being a disruption. I tried to softly reason with her, explaining that I paid extra for these seats and had no idea they couldn't recline, and how I would be happy to move after takeoff when it was 100% clear no one was sitting there. She coldly responded, "You paid for legroom, not for recline. You need to return to your seat."

I was pissed and wanted to continue arguing, but knowing I was on an airplane in a post-9//11 world, I turned around and quietly sat down, accepting the crappy decision.

I didn't understand why she changed her mind. Perhaps she cooled down in those 10 minutes and re-thought the situation.
    WOW, the level of entitlement in this post is staggering. So lets get this straight, you fucked up and did not check the fine print on the seats before you purchased, and your course of action is to approach a flight attendant right before takeoff, arguably the most sensitive time for safety of the entire plane, passengers + crew.

It really amazes me as a semi-frequent flyer the entitlement certain passengers now expect when boarding an aircraft. In this case, Dan Druff expects something for nothing, do you realize how many people pull shit like this all the time? At least Druff asked, most simply just move on their own accord and have to get beat down by the flight attendants to get back in their seat.

Being a flight attendant has to be the worst job on the planet. You have to deal with passengers trying to scam the system and get something for free on the plane all the time. I was on a Southwest flight the other day and a passenger had an expired drink coupon and tried to scam a free drink with it. The Flight Attendant dug in and said NO, so douche bag began to argue that he just found the ticket in his wallet. I was next to him and said "put the drink on my bill" and made him look like a piece of shit, and he quickly pulled out his credit card when everyone began to stare in the opposite row. And guess what, I was politely thanked by the attendant when I left, it was actually gratifying stepping in and making a douche bag look like a clown in front of everyone.

You do realize Druff your Flight Attendant had 0.0 obligation to hear anything you were saying. YOU bought the ticket with no recliner, and she obviously did not want to make a scene pre-flight allowing you to get a seat you did not pay for. BECAUSE GUESS WHAT???? The guy next to you is going to ask for the same fucking thing, and then you have a stampede effect with requests and they are trying to take off on schedule. Now the FA has to deal with 10 Dan Druffs trying to get to first class.

Fuck, you should have just sat there and read the back of the puke bag and just dealt with it for a couple hours. I am quite honestly shocked she cut you a break. To your point she probably had a miserable day and this was her last leg until being off for a few days. I guarantee you this, if it had been her first leg of a trip she would have kept you there in that seat and let you stew until you got to the terminal and wrote the Delta CEO a letter. Ironically, and sadly, you would have thought in your heart you were getting screwed by not getting something for free.

I see it all the fucking time on flights where there is some asshole talking on his phone after being warned to shut it off for the third time. They hold up the flight because their phone call is more important that everyone else's time. You are just astonished that a flight attendant did not give you something for free, and so obtuse on why she said no in the first place.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Had to be said.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by View From Within View Post

WOW, the level of entitlement in this post is staggering. So lets get this straight, you fucked up and did not check the fine print on the seats before you purchased, and your course of action is to approach a flight attendant right before takeoff, arguably the most sensitive time for safety of the entire plane, passengers + crew.

It really amazes me as a semi-frequent flyer the entitlement certain passengers now expect when boarding an aircraft. In this case, Dan Druff expects something for nothing, do you realize how many people pull shit like this all the time? At least Druff asked, most simply just move on their own accord and have to get beat down by the flight attendants to get back in their seat.

Being a flight attendant has to be the worst job on the planet. You have to deal with passengers trying to scam the system and get something for free on the plane all the time. I was on a Southwest flight the other day and a passenger had an expired drink coupon and tried to scam a free drink with it. The Flight Attendant dug in and said NO, so douche bag began to argue that he just found the ticket in his wallet. I was next to him and said "put the drink on my bill" and made him look like a piece of shit, and he quickly pulled out his credit card when everyone began to stare in the opposite row. And guess what, I was politely thanked by the attendant when I left, it was actually gratifying stepping in and making a douche bag look like a clown in front of everyone.

You do realize Druff your Flight Attendant had 0.0 obligation to hear anything you were saying. YOU bought the ticket with no recliner, and she obviously did not want to make a scene pre-flight allowing you to get a seat you did not pay for. BECAUSE GUESS WHAT???? The guy next to you is going to ask for the same fucking thing, and then you have a stampede effect with requests and they are trying to take off on schedule. Now the FA has to deal with 10 Dan Druffs trying to get to first class.

Fuck, you should have just sat there and read the back of the puke bag and just dealt with it for a couple hours. I am quite honestly shocked she cut you a break. To your point she probably had a miserable day and this was her last leg until being off for a few days. I guarantee you this, if it had been her first leg of a trip she would have kept you there in that seat and let you stew until you got to the terminal and wrote the Delta CEO a letter. Ironically, and sadly, you would have thought in your heart you were getting screwed by not getting something for free.

I see it all the fucking time on flights where there is some asshole talking on his phone after being warned to shut it off for the third time. They hold up the flight because their phone call is more important that everyone else's time. You are just astonished that a flight attendant did not give you something for free, and so obtuse on why she said no in the first place.

also hi Larry

Load Metric

They count passengers before takeoff, so if anyone moves it drives them insane

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Go read the post again, genius. (I bolded the relevant part for you, to make it easier.)

I wasn't asking for a seat I didn't pay for.

I was in Economy Plus, and I was looking to move to another Economy Plus seat.

These were the same price.

I only got the non-reclining seat because I had no idea which seats reclined and didn't recline. I didn't know at the time that THIRD PARTY sites existed which gave this information. (I learned it right after this flight, when I researched it so this wouldn't happen again.)

The airline does not distinguish between reclining and non-reclining seats when you choose them. You find out the bad news when you get there.

I wanted to move to a same-priced seat in the same section which was EMPTY and going to sit empty for the duration of the flight.

So there's no entitlement here.

Fuck you very much, and goodnight.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeBet View Post

I offered to move after takeoff and the removal of the fasten seatbelt sign. She was still refusing.

It is not clear why she changed her mind -- perhaps because she got to have her moment of power and I accepted her decision, so she felt better about helping me 10 minutes later.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeBet View Post

I offered to move after takeoff and the removal of the fasten seatbelt sign. She was still refusing.

It is not clear why she changed her mind -- perhaps because she got to have her moment of power and I accepted her decision, so she felt better about helping me 10 minutes later.

Any chance she didn't know you were already sitting in Economy Plus?

Her stance makes sense if she thinks you're looking for a free upgrade from the cheap seats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simply1 View Post

Her stance makes sense if she thinks you're looking for a free upgrade from the cheap seats.
    Her stance makes complete sense. Appear tough, so no one else will ask her for a seat change.

She could have whispered in his ear "Wait 15-20mins and good to go". Instead, she probably mistook Druff for an asshole, and treated him as such.

Load Metric

After googling Druff she realized she made a big mistake and didn't want to be reported to her manager.

Or the thought of being mentioned on PFA made her vomit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

100% she knew.

I kept repeating to her that I paid extra for Economy Plus, only to get seats that were WORSE than standard coach (due to the bad recline).

She acknowledged this but kept insisting, "You paid for legroom, you got legroom, end of story", while totally ignoring that the lack of recline made that extra price not worth it.

Again, I wasn't blaming her or anyone else onboard for the problem, but there was a super-easy solution (to let me move to the equivalent-but-reclining seats shortly after takeoff), and she was refusing for no good reason.

I actually do realize that flight attendants have a tough job and have to deal with assholes all day, so I really try not to burden them, and forgive some degree of rudeness and shortness from them. However, this one pissed me off because she was denying me a fair and obvious solution which didn't hurt anything or anyone.

Load Metric

Go to bed bottomset; you're drunk
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Druff that wasn't bottomset right?

Who was it?

Silver
    Load Metric
    I think that until the plane is literally off the ground/in the air that they have probably zero discretion to modify, accommodate or change any passengers assigned seat. Think about it, I've been on a plane where the doors are reopened and someone is let on lat minute. If the stewardess allows any change before takeoff there's potential for confusion or passenger problems.

Go read the post again, genius. (I bolded the relevant part for you, to make it easier.)

I only got the non-reclining seat because I had no idea which seats reclined and didn't recline. I didn't know at the time that THIRD PARTY sites existed which gave this information. (I learned it right after this flight, when I researched it so this wouldn't happen again.)

The airline does not distinguish between reclining and non-reclining seats when you choose them. You find out the bad news when you get there.

I wanted to move to a same-priced seat in the same section which was EMPTY and going to sit empty for the duration of the flight.

I see passengers like you all the time. It is cringeworthy. A couple months ago a real upstanding citizen like yourself was asking for one more minute to get his email off, it was for Big Brothers and Big Sisters, I could see his screen, and I am sure it was important in his world probably saving some dirtbag or whatever. Problem was the door was closed and it was too late, but he held everyone up like a minute, given there were 170+ people on board it took up 170 minutes of aggregate life.

The problem with you is you just don't understand how things work in real life. You made a few million in poker and can not do anything work wise. You can go on vacations and sit at home and work credit card bonuses and work the proverbial system. For 99% of the world it's called a living. So when we see a large 6' 7" goon trying to work over a Flight Attendant in the aisle we get a little pissed. Nobody gives a shit you got confused by a headrest recliner or the fact your 3rd party website did not disclaim it.

I can guarantee your Flight Attendant rolled her eyes when she went back to commiserate with the other FAs in the cabin where they were being gassed with fat asses taking shits, as you know the door opens up right where they are standing making your Dr. Pepper.

It's funny, even though this Flight Attendant did not owe you shit, she took care of you. Did you write a letter to the CEO of Delta commending her service? Nope. But I fucking guarantee you would have fired off multiple emails if you had not been given something for your mistake. 100%.

Comments

SysOp: RIGHT IN HIS JEW FACE

Load Metric

I see passengers like you all the time. It is cringeworthy. A couple months ago a real upstanding citizen like yourself was asking for one more minute to get his email off, it was for Big Brothers and Big Sisters, I could see his screen, and I am sure it was important in his world probably saving some dirtbag or whatever. Problem was the door was closed and it was too late, but he held everyone up like a minute, given there were 170+ people on board it took up 170 minutes of aggregate life.

The problem with you is you just don't understand how things work in real life. You made a few million in poker and can not do anything work wise. You can go on vacations and sit at home and work credit card bonuses and work the proverbial system. For 99% of the world it's called a living. So when we see a large 6' 7" goon trying to work over a Flight Attendant in the aisle we get a little pissed. Nobody gives a shit you got confused by a headrest recliner or the fact your 3rd party website did not disclaim it.

I can guarantee your Flight Attendant rolled her eyes when she went back to commiserate with the other FAs in the cabin where they were being gassed with fat asses taking shits, as you know the door opens up right where they are standing making your Dr. Pepper.

It's funny, even though this Flight Attendant did not owe you shit, she took care of you. Did you write a letter to the CEO of Delta commending her service? Nope. But I fucking guarantee you would have fired off multiple emails if you had not been given something for your mistake. 100%.

And one more point of reference, you claim the seat you wanted "was the same price". You have no fucking idea that was the case the day of the flight. It very well could have been $100 more. Airlines jack with the price of seats all the time. For all you know, it could have been cheaper or more expensive. You totally missed the point you PAID for the SEAT you PURCHASED. If the FA makes an exception for you she has to make it for everyone. Why is this so hard to understand?

If you want to pick your seat, fly Southwest and buy a priority pass and you will get an exit row problem solved.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    And one more point of reference, you claim the seat you wanted "was the same price". You have no fucking idea that was the case the day of the flight. It very well could have been $100 more. Airlines jack with the price of seats all the time. For all you know, it could have been cheaper or more expensive. You totally missed the point you PAID for the SEAT you PURCHASED. If the FA makes an exception for you she has to make it for everyone. Why is this so hard to understand?

If you want to pick your seat, fly Southwest and buy a priority pass and you will get an exit row problem solved.
    Incorrect.

In 2012, once you bought an Economy Plus seat, you could switch to any available Economy Plus seat (prior to check-in) for free. Only in the past 2 years or so have they started to price some seats in the same section differently.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

You don't understand anything you're writing above. Headrest recliner? Third party website not disclaiming? WTF are you talking about? Just another sad troll post from a rent-a-cop who thinks he understands life.

Flight attendant didn't deserve any letter of commendation. She refused to do something simple that common sense and good customer service would have dictated as standard. 10 minutes later, she reconsidered on her own and did it. That doesn't deserve an award.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    100% that all of the trolls sniffing my butthairs over this would have done the same thing in my shoes if they showed up and the seat they paid extra for didn't recline, and there were available, same-priced seats right across which did.

Incorrect.

In 2012, once you bought an Economy Plus seat, you could switch to any available Economy Plus seat (prior to check-in) for free. Only in the past 2 years or so have they started to price some seats in the same section differently.
    WTF? You were a seated passenger on a AIRPLANE (not a bus) with an assigned seat. There are 150+ passengers with the same purchased assigned seat you have not trying to move around. Seriously, the plane is getting ready to taxi and here is Druff cornering a flight attendant to be moved to a new seat. And he cannot understand what the issue is. The other 149 passengers just want to get home, but here is Druff arguing about his 3rd party travel site.

You really cannot make stuff up like this. No offense Druff, you really are on another planet. I get its been a long time since you had to earn a paycheck, but most working stiffs on the plane want you to sit the fuck down and deal with your non movable head rest for 2 hours.

Thread Information