Page 714 of 946 FirstFirst ... 214614664704710711712713714715716717718724764814 ... LastLast
Results 14,261 to 14,280 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    At my wife's hospital they're doing the same thing, either get vaccinated or test 2x a week. For reference, she works day shift and 2 out of 56 employees are unvaccinated. Dwai claiming healthcare workers aren't getting vaccinated is another smooth brain lie.

My buddy who's in construction in Seattle says Microsoft now requires all contractors doing work on their campus to be vaccinated so this is even out of the employer's hands.

For my employment a few things that are required (nothing to do with covid):
    I have to agree to take an FBI background check yearly.
    I can't wear jeans.
    I have to maintain a professional appearance.
    I can't be a convicted felon.

If your employer wants you vaccinated they surely can make it a requirement.

A bunch of fuckin crybabies.

Oh ya, to go to school and dare care my children all have to show proof of their vaccinations.

You dipshits reek of 16-year old girl syndrome that you want to go against anything your parents tell you to do. Same with the mask, whata big fuckin deal right? They're taking away our freedom. JFC
    tilt harder n-word loving fat boy

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    At my wife's hospital they're doing the same thing, either get vaccinated or test 2x a week. For reference, she works day shift and 2 out of 56 employees are unvaccinated. Dwai claiming healthcare workers aren't getting vaccinated is another smooth brain lie.

My buddy who's in construction in Seattle says Microsoft now requires all contractors doing work on their campus to be vaccinated so this is even out of the employer's hands.

I can't wear jeans.

Oh ya, to go to school and dare care my children all have to show proof of their vaccinations.

You dipshits reek of 16-year old girl syndrome that you want to go against anything your parents tell you to do. Same with the mask, whata big fuckin deal right? They're taking away our freedom. JFC
    That’s much better spot than in places like where I live. Health care staffing will suffer here, but this is necessary.

Literally some of the dumbest chicks I went to school with are nurses. I can imagine they’re on fire. Very segmented profession where pretty much anyone over 45 went to some few year program, or hospital program, or easy college program, and most did some easy continuing education bridge to get a BSN .

Younger nurses faced a super competitive environment that made it often easier to get into PA program or med school than nursing school. Literally anyone could become a nurse in 1990. Now, they’ll take 28 out of 500 applicants. So the younger the town, the less problem.
    So older nurses don't deserve as much respect as younger ones because they're all the stupid girls where you came from? You must really know a lot about whether or not a nurse is a good nurse. Did you also complete the training these stupid girls went through or are you just saying this without actually knowing?

Comments

splitthis: He is a loser, just ignore.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

That’s much better spot than in places like where I live. Health care staffing will suffer here, but this is necessary.

Literally some of the dumbest chicks I went to school with are nurses. I can imagine they’re on fire. Very segmented profession where pretty much anyone over 45 went to some few year program, or hospital program, or easy college program, and most did some easy continuing education bridge to get a BSN .

Younger nurses faced a super competitive environment that made it often easier to get into PA program or med school than nursing school. Literally anyone could become a nurse in 1990. Now, they’ll take 28 out of 500 applicants. So the younger the town, the less problem.
    So older nurses don't deserve as much respect as younger ones because they're all the stupid girls where you came from? You must really know a lot about whether or not a nurse is a good nurse. Did you also complete the training these stupid girls went through or are you just saying this without actually knowing?
    BCR is a huge cokehead failure who lives with his dying elderly father, pay him no mind

Comments

splitthis: Exactly

Load Metric

Many of the older nurses are very likely the most proficient and deserve tremendous respect.We are always talking about the minority when we are discussing the idiots of any profession.

There has always been very bright girls who saw it as a calling. Most girls of my age who went into it were bright and are normal. You just didn’t NEED to be smart. Now you do.

I know a handful of particularly dumb ones personally. They are vocally loud and stupid and were dumb at every stage of life as I’ve known them all as I grew up with them. They aren’t the majority. But there are enough to make staffing an issue as many are 30 years in, have full 401ks, husbands doing well, and truly are full on nutjobs like split who believe idiotic things. They have the ability to walk and likely will

It was common in the nineties to see older, obese, nurses huddled in some corner right outside a doorway chain smoking before the smoke free campus era. It was common to have some incompetent nurse who was horrible. Now you might not like ones attitude, but very rarely incompetent.

Experience never hurts. Split could very well be extremely proficient at many aspects of nursing, while her cult beliefs render her a danger in the workplace. Being unvaccinated is simply unacceptable on the front line of health care

Comments

splitthis: Idiot drug addict

Gold
    Load Metric

Many of the older nurses are very likely the most proficient and deserve tremendous respect.We are always talking about the minority when we are discussing the idiots of any profession.

There has always been very bright girls who saw it as a calling. Most girls of my age who went into it were bright and are normal. You just didn’t NEED to be smart. Now you do.

I know a handful of particularly dumb ones personally. They are vocally loud and stupid and were dumb at every stage of life as I’ve known them all as I grew up with them. They aren’t the majority. But there are enough to make staffing an issue as many are 30 years in, have full 401ks, husbands doing well, and truly are full on nutjobs like split who believe idiotic things. They have the ability to walk and likely will

It was common in the nineties to see older, obese, nurses huddled in some corner right outside a doorway chain smoking before the smoke free campus era. It was common to have some incompetent nurse who was horrible. Now you might not like ones attitude, but very rarely incompetent.

Experience never hurts. Split could very well be extremely proficient at many aspects of nursing, while her cult beliefs render her a danger in the workplace. Being unvaccinated is simply unacceptable on the front line of health care
    so some of the dumbest chicks you went to school with went into nursing and most girls of your age who went into it were bright and are normal? you made both these statements

Load Metric

so some of the dumbest chicks you went to school with went into nursing and most girls of your age who went into it were bright and are normal? you made both these statements
    This is true of many things? I don’t know if you went to college, but short of engineering or highly technical fields, it was laughably easy back in the day. It was not challenging. A whole bunch of girls in that era became nurses and teachers. That was easily the most popular professions for women? Some were morons. Many weren’t. What is difficult about this for you to grasp? Are you getting up there in age?

Nurses were more of a skilled trade. Many even went that voc school route where it was cosmetology, auto repair, or the start of your nursing career. RN’s were often two year degrees. Occasionally one year intensive trade learning. Many of those girls were bright, but it’s a trade. As schools became more selective, it became more of a profession. No one was getting into even the pre-reqs who wasn’t a 3.8 HS student. When I was in school. Girls with GEDS could start nursing programs. Girls with 2.2 GPAs.

As time went on, they started requiring BSNs. So all the working nurses had to do online bridge courses, or weekend courses, to take them from two year RNs to BSNs. That’s much different that entering a profession that required you to be a super student from day one.

The scarier part is the profession is now so competitive, on the lower levels, doctors offices, nursing homes, you are talking LPNs and 10 week MA certificates. So leaving a $100k a year job over a shot is problematic, but what is the result on the lower end?

Gold
    Load Metric

This is true of many things? I don’t know if you went to college, but short of engineering or highly technical fields, it was laughably easy back in the day. It was not challenging. A whole bunch of girls in that era became nurses and teachers. That was easily the most popular professions for women? Some were morons. Many weren’t. What is difficult about this for you to grasp? Are you getting up there in age?

Nurses were more of a skilled trade. Many even went that voc school route where it was cosmetology, auto repair, or the start of your nursing career. RN’s were often two year degrees. Occasionally one year intensive trade learning. Many of those girls were bright, but it’s a trade. As schools became more selective, it became more of a profession. No one was getting into even the pre-reqs who wasn’t a 3.8 HS student. When I was in school. Girls with GEDS could start nursing programs. Girls with 2.2 GPAs.

As time went on, they started requiring BSNs. So all the working nurses had to do online bridge courses, or weekend courses, to take them from two year RNs to BSNs. That’s much different that entering a profession that required you to be a super student from day one.

The scarier part is the profession is now so competitive, on the lower levels, doctors offices, nursing homes, you are talking LPNs and 10 week MA certificates. So leaving a $100k a year job over a shot is problematic, but what is the result on the lower end?
    I'm 51, so yes I'm getting up there. And now you know, I did go to college and have 2 degrees. A BA in history and an MBA. I don't think either of those things are related to whether or not you made contradictory statements. Clearly you know way more about the nursing field than I do I just was not understanding what you were trying to say about the women you went to school with who went into nursing. Maybe it is my age.

Load Metric

I'm 51, so yes I'm getting up there. And now you know, I did go to college and have 2 degrees. A BA in history and an MBA. I don't think either of those things are related to whether or not you made contradictory statements. Clearly you know way more about the nursing field than I do I just was not understanding what you were trying to say about the women you went to school with who went into nursing. Maybe it is my age.
    We are exactly the same age.

We even have a similar education background? Did you feel challenged by that? If so, you clearly went to a tougher school than me. I could show up twice a week and get a 4.0.

Do you not know 50 women from your school, buddies wives, who became nurses? I felt like I’ve heard of this throughout my life. Girls were full on RNs by 20 when we were 20. Then time went on, laws were passed where they wanted 80 or 90% of staffs to have BSN’s in hospital settings, which had buddies wives doing some bridge course online that was nowhere near the two full years at the end of the BSN program. In many cases, it was no big deal as they already were great at their job. In other cases, you didn’t want these women as your nurses.

You are a bizarre guy. You jump into thread supporting split’s decision. Then fish points out how stupid and childish that mindset is, and you green rep that. You seem to object to my bluntness. That I am rough in my words to a few here. You haven’t been around long enough to see them earn that disrespect.

I’m done with this. There was nothing contradictory about saying some of a very large number of women were particularly dumb. I didn’t say the majority. I didn’t say most. What was a more popular profession when you graduated for women than nursing or teaching? Only thing comparable for really bright girls was pharmacists. Those girls were very bright. We graduated very likely the same year or close. What did women choose when you graduated? I went to a large school with 800 per grade. I knew a whole lot of nurses.

Gold
    Load Metric

We even have a similar education background? Did you feel challenged by that? If so, you clearly went to a tougher school than me. I could show up twice a week and get a 4.0.

Do you not know 50 women from your school, buddies wives, who became nurses? I felt like I’ve heard of this throughout my life. Girls were full on RNs by 20 when we were 20. Then time went on, laws were passed where they wanted 80 or 90% of staffs to have BSN’s in hospital settings, which had buddies wives doing some bridge course online that was nowhere near the two full years at the end of the BSN program. In many cases, it was no big deal as they already were great at their job. In other cases, you didn’t want these women as your nurses.

You are a bizarre guy. You jump into thread supporting split’s decision. Then fish points out how stupid and childish that mindset is, and you green rep that. You seem to object to my bluntness. That I am rough in my words to a few here. You haven’t been around long enough to see them earn that disrespect.

I’m done with this. There was nothing contradictory about saying some of a very large number of women were particularly dumb. I didn’t say the majority. I didn’t say most. What was a more popular profession when you graduated for women than nursing or teaching? Only thing comparable for really bright girls was pharmacists. Those girls were very bright. We graduated very likely the same year or close. What did women choose when you graduated? I went to a large school with 800 per grade. I knew a whole lot of nurses.
    I think split should take the vaccine but I respect the fact that it is her choice and not mine. I don't know why you'd find that peculiar. I don't object to your bluntness even if I disagree with you. And you're definitely correct that I've not been around long enough to know why some of you talk to each other the way you do I just know there is a history. I like the show and came to the forum because I kept hearing Druff talk about it on the show. Happy friday BCR. Wish you a nice weekend.

Comments

BCR: And you too sir

Load Metric

I can't wear jeans.

Somehow people got it into their head that they have the “right” to do anything they want and there will be no consequences. They don’t. That’s not how life works.

Comments

BCR: The do have the “right”. It’s their bodies. They have no right to hold jobs that require it. They have no right to be taken seriously by serious people.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

I can't wear jeans.

Lol, you’re projecting sweetie. Here’s my workout yesterday.

Name:  37F2FCF5-29C2-4F94-8B6D-E658A713FA5C.jpeg
Views: 213
Size:  188.5 KB

Comments

BCR: It’s all projection. He doesn’t leave the house. I am more likely to die from pushing the envelope in the gym than from ever being sedentary. I haven’t lived with my dad in 33 years and I’d bet real money my dad would take him apart. I truly would.

Load Metric

I will say i fully agree with about everything you've said on this topic.

Have a lot of "experience" with the nursing industry. A few dumbass former waitresses I fucked are now nurses somehow. Scary. A few other just generally dull people I went to high school with are now as well. Ironically (maybe?) the most intelligent nurses i know are male nurses.

I had an older family member briefly married to a nurse, right around the time my grandfather was put into a home for Alzheimer's victims. She was like "don't trust any of these people, they got fired from their first job and now have to work here."

Thought that was nuts at first, but the more people I see from my past magically become nurses, I no longer doubt it.

Load Metric

wow you rode an electric powered bike 26 miles, great job tilto.

Name:  Bob-on-his-custom-made-bike.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  139.7 KB

Comments

gut: "tilto" did get a hearty chuckle from me

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: I'm going with Nightmarefish being a tough guy, Sobchak being a diabetic morbidly obese slob and Sloppy Joe being a soyboy skinny skeleton.

splitthis:

Load Metric

I didn’t know Wilford Brimley was still alive.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

I will say i fully agree with about everything you've said on this topic.

Have a lot of "experience" with the nursing industry. A few dumbass former waitresses I fucked are now nurses somehow. Scary. A few other just generally dull people I went to high school with are now as well. Ironically (maybe?) the most intelligent nurses i know are male nurses.

I had an older family member briefly married to a nurse, right around the time my grandfather was put into a home for Alzheimer's victims. She was like "don't trust any of these people, they got fired from their first job and now have to work here."

Thought that was nuts at first, but the more people I see from my past magically become nurses, I no longer doubt it.

Yeah, from what I’ve seen, if you’re a nurse in a good hospital under late 30s/40ish, you were at minimum, a very good student. Most of those hospitals want to get to 90% BSNs through attrition and retirement. They push and incentivize nurses to continue on to CRNA and higher specialties. It adds to hospitals rep.

Over that age though, or outside a hospital setting, you’re dealing with a crapshoot of a profession that needs bodies and is filling them in a variety of ways.

The lobbies for highly educated nurses want to artificially cap the number and want the schools to be selective to keep wages high understandably.

I have a family member who just went undergrad at Notre Dame and is in med school. His girl was right there with him on the podium at high school. She just wanted to do two year program for some type of medical tech X-ray type profession. But one that started at $90k.

They’ve been together since middle school and she just wanted to work and have them go less in debt. Her path is amazingly more selective than his. Once again, artificially capped.

He actually struggled a bit in undergrad before catching up and eventually getting into med school. For a minute it looked like she might remain the bread winner

Nursing is a huge profession. I know quite a few good male ones also, and females. It’s just hit/miss as to what you’re dealing with depending on a host of factors. It’s also a hard ass gig dealing with doctors. Outside being smart or not, many get really angry and bitter and just begin to hate life at a slightly higher clip than most of us. I know some bright ones who work in hospitals and hate their lives periodically depending on which gig they have at the moment. Tough job to be waiting or orders always from doctors of varying arrogance levels

Platinum
    Load Metric

Ya my bike is crazy fast, faster than over 114k other people’s bikes. Sweetie do us a favor and go try and burn 1,800 calories in an hour, you can pick any activity you want. I got $100 that says your fat ass has a heart attack within 10 minutes so you’ll never have to worry about Covid again. You’ll be free at last sweetie.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Don't want to hijack, but nursing homes are the absolute nut low, and you should do all you can to avoid ending up in one, and to avoid having your parents in one.

If it's feasible, it's much better to either take care of that relative yourself, or at the very least, hire an assistant for them to come by and do things. I realize that sometimes there's no choice, but many people just shove their elderly parents into these places, figuring they don't want to deal with their senile/difficult/needy parents, and they'll be well cared for by professionals.

No they won't. The COVID situation is a new (and large) danger for nursing homes, but even prior to 2020, it's pretty much guaranteed that your elderly relatives are going to get treated like shit and/or neglected, and you'll never know.

Load Metric

Ya my bike is crazy fast, faster than over 114k other people’s bikes. Sweetie do us a favor and go try and burn 1,800 calories in an hour, you can pick any activity you want. I got $100 that says your fat ass has a heart attack within 10 minutes so you’ll never have to worry about Covid again. You’ll be free at last sweetie.
    Name:  Tilt-A-Whirl_in_Saskatchewan (2).jpg
Views: 211
Size:  1.17 MB

Name:  fat-lad-at-the-back-F4kRECP0yuQ-unsplash-scaled.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  104.8 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

I wish you success in your fight. People nowadays want to impose their will on you and they don't seem to know or understand the idea of America. Howard Stern quoted as saying "fuck your freedom" in response to those who choose not to take the vaccine. This is a dangerous attitude to have and more and more people all the time are becoming emboldened enough to publicly call for America to cease being a free country.
    Is far more dangerous to think you have the right to do anything you want, consequences for society be damned.

So you don’t want to get vaccinated, great. Then there’s a lot of places you don’t get to go and you pay more for insurance. You pay for your own risk. Nothing could be more American.
    You are the worst puppet dummy on this board, probably in the country.

Comments

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Yes by far his butt pirate Joe is the runner up. Two pathetic lowlifes !
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

You are a lifelong loser, no children, funny how the childless here are the worst libs, they have NOTHING.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information