Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mason Malmuth has sold 2+2

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Decided it was the right time to make a forum comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Druff
    Hello again, friends. Remember me? What a long, strange, forum trip it's been.

I figured it was time to pop my head in again because our esteemed Malmuthian curmudgeon is no longer at the reins.

I've been banned three times on this forum -- none because I broke any rules. The last ban -- in 2020 -- was after Mason himself actually had his attorney ask me to come back, and we had a legal agreement never to ban me unless I broke forum rules. He ended up banning me anyway -- in violation of our agreement -- for a joke about his precious tennis charity. Oh, the humanity!

But that's water under the bridge. That's not the reason I jumped into this conversation.

I see people are talking about the David Sklansky controversies of the 2000s.

Those are of interest to me because I was banned way back in 2008 exactly because of David's folllies.

You see, I had a friend named Bryan Micon, who was friends with Brandi Hawbaker. Brandi came to Micon about David's creepy antics, and Bryan exposed it all on his then-website, called Neverwinpoker. Everything Micon posted was true and correct, and he was mostly posting e-mails fed to him by Brandi. David was also aware Brandi was sending these e-mails to Micon, and kept sending them anyway, which always perplexed me.

So how do I figure into this? Well, that's my entire point -- I didn't!

I had nothing to do with any of this. I didn't know Brandi, and I didn't want to get involved in any of the drama. That was Micon's thing. However, I was a moderator on Neverwinpoker, so Mason banned me for guilt by association.

Mason stated at the time that I could only come back to 2+2 if I renounced my moderatorship on Neverwinpoker. He admitted at the time that I broke no rules, and I was simply removed for my association with that site. I can dig up the old posts from the archives if you guys want.

The worst thing is that Micon did nothing but expose the truth of what was going on. I'd somewhat understand this if Micon had been engaged in some sort of unfair hitpiece against David, but instead Micon was simply exposing what was happening.

That's why I was banned, and that's why I was off the forum for several years. That's also why Mason still holds a grudge against me to this day -- because I was friends with a guy who made his most lucrative author look bad.

And you know how Mason is with grudges. Once you're on his sh-t list, you never get off.

By the way, I haven't been friends with Micon in 10 years. Doesn't matter. Mason has long decided that I'm scum because I was friends with a guy who attempted to expose David's perversions in 2008.

I have a lot more, but I'll stop here for now.

Glad to be back.
    https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...&postcount=885

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's some light reading (an article from 2018) regarding Malmuth's draconian 2+2 rule:

https://www.pokertube.com/article/ma...-to-censorship

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I also posted the following in Mason's thread about his book "Cardooms: Everything Bad":

There's a lot of bad things about cardrooms. I wholeheartedly agree.

But you know what really gets my goat?

There's this one guy, a semi-regular at Bellagio. He sits in the mid-stakes limit holdem games. He doesn't say a word to anyone, but has a sour look on his face the entire time. He wears the exact same shirt every single session, emblazoned with the name of his company. The most interesting thing about him is a baggie of vitamins he whips out every so often, and downs about 15 of them. At least I hope they're vitamins.

Anyway, this dude is the antithesis of fun. I admit that I'm not always a barrel of laughs at the table, depending upon my mood, but at least I try to talk to people and make it into a social experience. This guy I'm talking about is a tight rock who says nothing, looks angry, and never utters a peep.

I really wish cardrooms didn't have people like him.

Comments

Pablo: nice

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I also posted the following in Mason's thread about his book "Cardooms: Everything Bad":

There's a lot of bad things about cardrooms. I wholeheartedly agree.

But you know what really gets my goat?

There's this one guy, a semi-regular at Bellagio. He sits in the mid-stakes limit holdem games. He doesn't say a word to anyone, but has a sour look on his face the entire time. He wears the exact same shirt every single session, emblazoned with the name of his company. The most interesting thing about him is a baggie of vitamins he whips out every so often, and downs about 15 of them. At least I hope they're vitamins.

Anyway, this dude is the antithesis of fun. I admit that I'm not always a barrel of laughs at the table, depending upon my mood, but at least I try to talk to people and make it into a social experience. This guy I'm talking about is a tight rock who says nothing, looks angry, and never utters a peep.

I really wish cardrooms didn't have people like him.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Wow... no reaction yet to my posts... and not because I'm being ignored.

It's because 2+2 is a fucking ghost town.

Remember the 9pm-midnight period on 2+2 in NVG, circa 10 years ago? It was so busy that you couldn't keep up with everything.

What has been posted in the past 3 hours there?

One short post by SrslySirius, one by some other guy, and the two by me. That's it.

Talk about mismanagement. Mason killed his own site.

Load Metric
    Haven’t looked at that site in years. Not even the mildest curiosity since you announced the news of the purchase. To me it’s looking backward. I don’t care to revisit that past. There is so much more that is interesting out there.

Load Metric
    I heard your discourse on this in the radio archives, and here are I think the likeliest reasons these guys bought it.

1. Money laundering

2. They are hoping to ride a wave of legalization of online poker in the US where their eyeballs will turn into affiliate referrals to legal online US poker sites/products

3. They will implement some kind of advertising or monetize their user data in ways they originally said they wouldn’t

4. Money laundering

Comments

shoeshine box: $laundry winner winner./affiliate pool/data mining.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Decided it was the right time to make a forum comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Druff
    Hello again, friends. Remember me? What a long, strange, forum trip it's been.

I figured it was time to pop my head in again because our esteemed Malmuthian curmudgeon is no longer at the reins.

I've been banned three times on this forum -- none because I broke any rules. The last ban -- in 2020 -- was after Mason himself actually had his attorney ask me to come back, and we had a legal agreement never to ban me unless I broke forum rules. He ended up banning me anyway -- in violation of our agreement -- for a joke about his precious tennis charity. Oh, the humanity!

But that's water under the bridge. That's not the reason I jumped into this conversation.

I see people are talking about the David Sklansky controversies of the 2000s.

Those are of interest to me because I was banned way back in 2008 exactly because of David's folllies.

You see, I had a friend named Bryan Micon, who was friends with Brandi Hawbaker. Brandi came to Micon about David's creepy antics, and Bryan exposed it all on his then-website, called Neverwinpoker. Everything Micon posted was true and correct, and he was mostly posting e-mails fed to him by Brandi. David was also aware Brandi was sending these e-mails to Micon, and kept sending them anyway, which always perplexed me.

So how do I figure into this? Well, that's my entire point -- I didn't!

I had nothing to do with any of this. I didn't know Brandi, and I didn't want to get involved in any of the drama. That was Micon's thing. However, I was a moderator on Neverwinpoker, so Mason banned me for guilt by association.

Mason stated at the time that I could only come back to 2+2 if I renounced my moderatorship on Neverwinpoker. He admitted at the time that I broke no rules, and I was simply removed for my association with that site. I can dig up the old posts from the archives if you guys want.

The worst thing is that Micon did nothing but expose the truth of what was going on. I'd somewhat understand this if Micon had been engaged in some sort of unfair hitpiece against David, but instead Micon was simply exposing what was happening.

That's why I was banned, and that's why I was off the forum for several years. That's also why Mason still holds a grudge against me to this day -- because I was friends with a guy who made his most lucrative author look bad.

And you know how Mason is with grudges. Once you're on his sh-t list, you never get off.

By the way, I haven't been friends with Micon in 10 years. Doesn't matter. Mason has long decided that I'm scum because I was friends with a guy who attempted to expose David's perversions in 2008.

I have a lot more, but I'll stop here for now.

Glad to be back.
    https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...&postcount=885
    This was a clever response, but he is right, I believe there is a lot more to the breakup of NWP than we all have been told. Probably needs to be a thread on this, with at least an invitation of Micon and Neverwin to respond, although that seems unlikely.

im more interested in the story of why u stopped being friends with micon

Load Metric
    nice 2+2 posts druff

time for popcorn!

Winner of the $555 freeroll

Load Metric
    Pretty cool how these internet poker forum titans have been duking it out for over a decade.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Pretty cool how these internet poker forum titans have been duking it out for over a decade.
    Druff brother at this point you have to admit Sloppy Joe has your number brother

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Druff brother at this point you have to admit Sloppy Joe has your number brother
    Brother, he's a butthair-sniffing soyboy troll who won't reveal much about himself, which is par for the course. All we know is that he can't breathe right, his wife won't have sex with him since the baby was born, and he hates Portland but won't move out because he's cucked by Antifa like everyone else there.

Anyway, I'm enjoying posting in that thread, especially knowing that Mason is probably sitting there in his stained undershirt, rage-clicking where the ban button used to be, and wondering why it doesn't work anymore.

Comments

dwai: ROFL

Sloppy Joe: Lol. Where mmm

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Yup

NickyPipes: Brother war

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post

Brother, he's a butthair-sniffing soyboy troll who won't reveal much about himself, which is par for the course. All we know is that he can't breathe right, his wife won't have sex with him since the baby was born, and he hates Portland but won't move out because he's cucked by Antifa like everyone else there.

Anyway, I'm enjoying posting in that thread, especially knowing that Mason is probably sitting there in his stained undershirt, rage-clicking where the ban button used to be, and wondering why it doesn't work anymore.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Some guy named "Spam Bot Alpha" -- a troll account created just to bring up Sklansky's past, just posted one of his most brutal letters to Brandi Hawbaker. Many hadn't seen this before, as it was only published on NWP at the time. In case you're wondering, it's not me, and I have no idea who is behind that account.

Let's just say that people are pretty shocked by it, especially in today's day and age. But even by 2008 standards, it was horrible.

Chickens finally coming home to roost over there. It's about time. My guess is that the Russians came to Mason with an offer he couldn't refuse, and in his haste to lock in the overly high price, he didn't want to fuck up the deal by demanding any kind of editorial control post-sale.

... given all of the skeletons in that closet, and Mason's obsession with 2+2 defining his legacy.

Load Metric
    2p2 still blocking IPs from Russia, despite having Russian owners.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    2p2 still blocking IPs from Russia, despite having Russian owners.
    I'll ask about that next time I post. I don't plan to beat a dead horse over and over with the Mason bashing, but I did want to keep that ball rolling over there, so people realize the truth about a lot of the bullshit that went on there over the years.

Unfortunately the Russian overlords don't post much, so I'm not sure I'll get an answer.

Load Metric
    Guy is 70 years old and just made a pile of cash on the sale. I doubt he gives a shit about dying message board antics, other than he is probably flattered people are still talking about him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Guy is 70 years old and just made a pile of cash on the sale. I doubt he gives a shit about dying message board antics, other than he is probably flattered people are still talking about him.
    Seems he does care, becaues he's sticking around there and taking a beating, instead of riding off into the sunset and retiring from it.

Comments

Pablo: correct he is seething right now

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Seems he does care, becaues he's sticking around there and taking a beating, instead of riding off into the sunset and retiring from it.
    Congrats to Brother Mason on the sale and being the gatekeeper of the top tier poker forum throughout the boom and beyond!

Perhaps an autistic clown with zero personality but at least spent the last decade respected with revenue streams while Druff was paying to spend time sweeping off black cocks and getting cucked by real life friends.

Here's hoping Druff can finally bend the knee and get this out of his head as he enters year 50. Always a tough look to be the little guy punching up.

Comments

dwai: LOL
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Perhaps an autistic clown with zero personality but at least spent the last decade respected

Thread Information