Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I was robbed by a local company for 2700. Whats my best move?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Yeah honestly the biggest fail on their part was fucking up the original quote despite being the supposed experts in well drilling.

So basically they gave you a quote which was 50% too low because of this fuckup, got you to agree to it and give a deposit, and they don't want to let you out of it because the job is far more than they originally quoted due to their own oversight. I can't see that standing up in court.

You might even have a case regarding forcing them to do the job for $5400 instead of $11k, but you probably don't want to compel them to the job while resenting you. But LOL at thinking they can keep their deposit over this.
    Hopefully the judge sees it this way. You would think if the judge has common sense he will see through their BS. We could never trust them to do the well at this point regardless of price
    -Allergic to the struggle

Load Metric
    Lol at everyone playing lawyer.

Comments

MumblesBadly: I’m sure they all slept at a Holiday Inn Express the night before.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Kk we all know you’re a $500 hr mouth piece. We are all waiting for your professional opinion, I think druff has some good ideas. Any thoughts?
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Kk we all know you’re a $500 hr mouth piece. We are all waiting for your professional opinion, I think druff has some good ideas. Any thoughts?
    First. I’d need to know what state your in. Then, I’d have to read the entire contract. Post it here and I’ll give you my opinion. BTW, I’m only a $300 an hour lawyer, but I would charge five if I could get it!

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: green for this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

First. I’d need to know what state your in. Then, I’d have to read the entire contract. Post it here and I’ll give you my opinion. BTW, I’m only a $300 an hour lawyer, but I would charge five if I could get it!
    It's not Baron's situation. This happened to 4BET, who lives in Florida.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    It's not Baron's situation. This happened to 4BET, who lives in Florida.
    If you have time Druff I dont mind you posting contract here minus names and address. I had someone else pm requesting to see it. I would but probably would take me hours to figure out how to block personal information. We filed case this morning. Now we have to wait for summons and take it to the sheriff at courthouse to have the lowlife served.

Load Metric

dude that's pretty cool of you, check with 4bet... $300 is a decent fare my lawyer is 600 but she gets her lakies to do a lot of the mundane paper work stuff for better price.
    I always say 30% increase in price is good even if you loose 10% customers, less work for more money.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Revenge is a dish best served cold. If you don't want to waste money on a lawyer, which is probably the way to go or if you lose the case then take the "revenge is a dish best served cold" route.

Cold in this case means lots of patience. Maybe a year, maybe three depending how bold you are. Plenty of ways to cost this guy some serious dollars.

Pm me if you are unfamiliar

Comments

4BET: Right on

Load Metric
    A weird turn of events happened this morning. Our Bank C.C was credited 2700 this morning. This is weird because Saturday we received a letter from the bank saying contract is valid and for us to go pound sand. Which is why I started the thread Saturday and filled law suit Monday morning. We just talked to the bank and they said it’s ruled in our favor but vendor has 30 days to contest. So it’s not yet final. I guess we will have to let the lawsuit keep going and about the time they are thinking of contesting the sheriff will be hitting them with a summons.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    A weird turn of events happened this morning. Our Bank C.C was credited 2700 this morning. This is weird because Saturday we received a letter from the bank saying contract is valid and for us to go pound sand. Which is why I started the thread Saturday and filled law suit Monday morning. We just talked to the bank and they said it’s ruled in our favor but vendor has 30 days to contest. So it’s not yet final. I guess we will have to let the lawsuit keep going and about the time they are thinking of contesting the sheriff will be hitting them with a summons.
    I've never seen this before. Was the letter on Saturday stating that it was ruled against you, or simply that they determined that the contract was valid, but were still working on it?

I agree you shouldn't drop the lawsuit until the 30 days pass and it stays final.

Small companies are harder to beat than larger ones in CC disputes, because the small companies will tend to take time to respond. The large ones are often bogged down in bureaucracy and the 30 days go by without them contesting. For example, one time an airline was super slow giving refunds and wouldn't send me back $120 they admitted they owed me. I was told it would be 12 weeks wait, which was lol. Why should they keep my money for 3 months because they're being cheap on staffing? So I did a chargeback, of course they faliled to respond, and I won by default. Then the airline didn't realize I had charged back, and sent me the $120 anyway, around the 12 week mark, so I got it back twice. Let's just say I didn't run to give it back to them.

Load Metric
    I've never seen this before. Was the letter on Saturday stating that it was ruled against you, or simply that they determined that the contract was valid, but were still working on it?

I agree you shouldn't drop the lawsuit until the 30 days pass and it stays final.

Small companies are harder to beat than larger ones in CC disputes, because the small companies will tend to take time to respond. The large ones are often bogged down in bureaucracy and the 30 days go by without them contesting. For example, one time an airline was super slow giving refunds and wouldn't send me back $120 they admitted they owed me. I was told it would be 12 weeks wait, which was lol. Why should they keep my money for 3 months because they're being cheap on staffing? So I did a chargeback, of course they faliled to respond, and I won by default. Then the airline didn't realize I had charged back, and sent me the $120 anyway, around the 12 week mark, so I got it back twice. Let's just say I didn't run to give it back to them.
    I sent you a copy of letter via text, After just reading letter again I am even more shocked they put the money back, Not Pending it’s on the card available. Seems someone made a mistake here. Can’t be both letter says we are SOL. Yet MONEY BACK this morning

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Whatever the final outcome ultimately is, you should rake this fucker through the coals however possible. I wouldn't even care if you got your money back or not. Fuck that motherfucker.

Post that shit wherever you can and make sure it is on the front page of Google results. Make a website, post on review forums...wherever you can. If it were me, my primary job would be to make sure that every human that looked this guy up looking for business, would click first on my ordeal/story and then think twice about doing business with them.

Nobody that pulls shit like that deserves to be in business.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I sent you a copy of letter via text, After just reading letter again I am even more shocked they put the money back, Not Pending it’s on the card available. Seems someone made a mistake here. Can’t be both letter says we are SOL. Yet MONEY BACK this morning
    Yeah I saw what you sent me.

On strange element about the letter is how their justification for denying you says that the "contract overrides any verbal quotes or promises that are not included in the signed agreement."

That's actually in your favor! You wanted the contract enforced (doing the job for $5400) or voided, whereas the company wanted a verbal quote of $11,000 to stand as justification for leaving you on the hook for the deposit. Indeed, you were the one who wanted to stick to the contract terms, and they were the ones who were breaking it!

The morons at the bank thought it was the other way around!

Yet, two days later, you got a different letter, claiming your chargeback was upheld, pending a response from the merchant.

So what happened? I think one of a few things occurred:

1) Someone pressed the wrong button and accidentally sent you the wrong form letter. They realized their mistake and sent you the correct one a day later, but it took an extra day to arrive due to Sunday being in between.
    -or-
    2) There might be a process where a more senior employee reviews a certain percentage of these chargeback decisions, and corrects were they're erroneous. Perhaps this happened the following day, and the decision was reversed upon review by someone with a functioning brain.
    -or-
    3) Some kind of bug or glitch occurred which turned your iniital denial into an approval.

Verrrrrrrrrry strange.

Load Metric
    Never thought when we received that letter telling the bank they are the ones who won’t honor contract. Tell them to honor the contract and do for 5400 then. Although we did keep telling the bank they raised from 5400 to 11k and no work has been done to justify keeping our 2700. We haven’t received 2nd letter yet. We checked online and the 2700 was credited back. Then called the bank when they opened Tuesday. She said we would receive another letter. I will text over the 2nd letter when we receive it.Thanks for posting your thoughts about the letter. All your thoughts about the case have me going in the right direction.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Whatever the final outcome ultimately is, you should rake this fucker through the coals however possible. I wouldn't even care if you got your money back or not. Fuck that motherfucker.

Post that shit wherever you can and make sure it is on the front page of Google results. Make a website, post on review forums...wherever you can. If it were me, my primary job would be to make sure that every human that looked this guy up looking for business, would click first on my ordeal/story and then think twice about doing business with them.

Agree Gordman. The fact this low life is putting us through all this BS is very tilting. I would love to do all I can to run this business in the ground. Any business owner worth their weight in salt would have just refunded and moved on or in the early going we were willing to work out the price and have them to do. Owner is a dirt bag who lied about calling us back and blocked our phone numbers.

Load Metric

Lol. You’re getting one side of the story and buying it hook, line and sinker. The number one rule of business litigation is everyone is a liar until proven otherwise.

Load Metric

Lol. You’re getting one side of the story and buying it hook, line and sinker. The number one rule of business litigation is everyone is a liar until proven otherwise.
    He has the honest side of the story. I am not a lawyer that lies to save some low life from jail. I don’t lie nor do I need to. We live our best life. Your mind is warped. Probably to many courtrooms. Take a vacation bro

Comments

dwai: lol fucking based

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I think 4BET is telling the truth. I have seen the contract. While I have no way to independently validate his claim that they now want $11,000 instead of $5400 as stated in the contract, I believe him.

In general, businesses holding your money (especially small businesses) HATE giving it back. It's some kind of weird psycholgoical block, to where handing money back already held is like losing money. In this case, a small family-owned company held $2700 which they thought pretty much guaranteed work going forward, and then the bad news about the required 75-foot setback dropped, and they realized they couldn't complete the work for anywhere near the quoted contracted price. Now they simply don't want to take $2700 back out of their pocket and refund it, because they were counting on keeping it, and now they have to give it back.

Load Metric
    I think 4BET is telling the truth. I have seen the contract. While I have no way to independently validate his claim that they now want $11,000 instead of $5400 as stated in the contract, I believe him.

In general, businesses holding your money (especially small businesses) HATE giving it back. It's some kind of weird psycholgoical block, to where handing money back already held is like losing money. In this case, a small family-owned company held $2700 which they thought pretty much guaranteed work going forward, and then the bad news about the required 75-foot setback dropped, and they realized they couldn't complete the work for anywhere near the quoted contracted price. Now they simply don't want to take $2700 back out of their pocket and refund it, because they were counting on keeping it, and now they have to give it back.
    Was a dumb reply by jay. I have no reason to lie. I wish this mess wasn’t happening but sadly it is. Even more fail by the company that I haven’t posted. Like they lied on the variance to health department. Guy who came out to price the well was his 1st day on the job. Yes all true. Druff I do have owners cell# if you feel like a troll call one day or even to ask him why he did a bait and switch 5400 to 11k

Thread Information