Thread: So I got fucked, I think.

Load Metric

So I got fucked, I think.

So I play in a room that does high hands every 20 min. High hand on the board was JJJJA ~ 1 min left.

Woman at the table bets 50, gets insta called and the guy tables TPTK.... She stalls and stalls and stalls..... Says I need 50 sec..... Hang on 40 more.... Etc etc..... The clock expires and she tables quad 10.....

Fast forward4 minutes I flop quad 9 (got paid $400, so not a disaster). The quad 10 holds up...

How do you play it?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Ugh. Obviously she didn't deserve that bonus but I doubt complaining will do you any favors.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Is it table share or only the person with the high hand?
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    So I play in a room that does high hands every 20 min. High hand on the board was JJJJA ~ 1 min left.

Woman at the table bets 50, gets insta called and the guy tables TPTK.... She stalls and stalls and stalls..... Says I need 50 sec..... Hang on 40 more.... Etc etc..... The clock expires and she tables quad 10.....

Fast forward4 minutes I flop quad 9 (got paid $400, so not a disaster). The quad 10 holds up...

How do you play it?

Would Be way less scummier if she just waited to put out the $50 bet instead of waiting to table her hand. I guess in theory one COULD argue the hand is over once the other guys calls and shows his hand even though it's the loser, especially since he didn't have to show first, making waiting just a sick slow roll angle. The dealer should have stopped it and said show or muck and not given her that opportunity

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

How do you play it?
    Realllllllllly shady.

Hand was completed, so I believe you had a right to complain, and force her TTTT to be part of the previous period. Of course, you have to complain when it happens, and not when you get 9999 later on.

It is 100% obvious what happened. As the above poster said, if she was smarter about it, she would have waited before betting. Had she done that, you wouldn't have had any recourse.

Always speak up when shit like that happens. The worst thing that will happen is that the floorman will disagree and not take action.

Banned
    Load Metric
    You really have to understand the politics of the room to make an issue of this. It's a great question to ask Limon.

Load Metric

How do you play it?
    If she is a fish, don't say a word. My experience is people play looser after winning some unexpected cash. That money will eventually make its way back to the better players.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

How do you play it?
    If she is a fish, don't say a word. My experience is people play looser after winning some unexpected cash. That money will eventually make its way back to the better players.
    Not this woman. When the $$ goes In with her once every 1.5 hours you run.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmProfessionalTalk View Post
    You really have to understand the politics of the room to make an issue of this. It's a great question to ask Limon.
    I'd have more clout then her at this room.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

How do you play it?
    Realllllllllly shady.

Hand was completed, so I believe you had a right to complain, and force her TTTT to be part of the previous period. Of course, you have to complain when it happens, and not when you get 9999 later on.

It is 100% obvious what happened. As the above poster said, if she was smarter about it, she would have waited before betting. Had she done that, you wouldn't have had any recourse.

Always speak up when shit like that happens. The worst thing that will happen is that the floorman will disagree and not take action.
    And this was what another player said to me (who I had stacked with the quads and was visibly angry)..... Why didn't you say anything when it happened?

She was basicaly a real cunt about it. I said you owe me half of that high hand! She said "I don't owe you anything". I said you held your hand for 50 seconds and the floor let you do it.... That should be my high hand on the board. She said "no I didn't.... No I didn't". I said get out of town.... We were all sitting here and watched you. She got flustered and said well call the floor then.

I let it go. But I had to give her my 2 cents.

Truth of the matter is I was willing and able to let her win it so long as it didn't fuck me. The fact that I only spoke up when it did knocked me off the moral high ground.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Truth of the matter is I was willing and able to let her win it so long as it didn't fuck me. The fact that I only spoke up when it did knocked me off the moral high ground.
    Yep. Most people won't speak up when this happens because they think "It's none of my business, I don't want to get involved, it doesn't affect me," which is understandable. But I think when you take that stance, you have to take your lumps when it's ends up being you that gets fucked.

Load Metric
    So I play in a room that does high hands every 20 min.
    Fast forward4 minutes I flop quad 9

Serious Question. If it's $500 for the high hand each 20 mins, did you ever consider taking 15-16 minutes to decide what to do on the flop?!! Even if someone calls the clock, you can try on turn and river to "make it".

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

How do you play it?
    You got screwed, but it was your fault. The high hand promotion gets paid out from player funds, not from poker room funds, so it's the player's money (i.e. your money). When you see Miss Quad Tens stalling, it's your responsibility to alert the dealer and/or floor as this practice is not only frowned upon by the room, but is jeopardizing you getting paid a high hand in the next 20 minute round. The dealer is never going to speak up since doing so will effect their tip.

Thread Information