Thread: Mega Donk lights 10k on fire in the WSOP ME Day 1A

Load Metric

Mega Donk lights 10k on fire in the WSOP ME Day 1A

I thought about putting this in the random/dumb things thread but decided it deserved its own thread...

As many know today was Day 1A of the Main in the WSOP.. Somebody literally did the equivalent of taking a stack of 100's and igniting them with a zippo on HAND #1.. Yes the very first hand of the WSOP at the table.. I almost wonder if it was some prop bet but truth is Im thinking this was some mega donk who luck sacked into a seat somehow and committed the worst case of overvaluing their hand ever in the history of the Main.. Below is the report from PokerNews..

Name:  firsthandWSOP2018.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  87.1 KB

Comments

IamGreek: This made my wife feel better. She thought she was 1st one out since her name was dead last on chip count list

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    I thought about putting this in the random/dumb things thread but decided it deserved its own thread...

As many know today was Day 1A of the Main in the WSOP.. Somebody literally did the equivalent of taking a stack of 100's and igniting them with a zippo on HAND #1.. Yes the very first hand of the WSOP at the table.. I almost wonder if it was some prop bet but truth is Im thinking this was some mega donk who luck sacked into a seat somehow and committed the worst case of overvaluing their hand ever in the history of the Main.. Below is the report from PokerNews..

What are the odds that this was intentional chipdumping to Ramdin.

Comments

sah_24: God you are dumb ...

SysOp: 0% as stated above

Muck Ficon: Wow..
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

What are the odds that this was intentional chipdumping to Ramdin.
    0.0...in the grand scheme of things those chips are relatively worthless and in order for it to be a chip dump you'd have to know that you'd both be seated at the same table and in a roughly 1,500 person Day 1A the chances of that happening are slim...

Silver
    Load Metric
    I’ve only seen one other player go broke on the first hand of the main event but it was far different circumstances. One player had AT and the other TT with a flip of AAT. Now that sucks to flip a boat on your first hand and be out.

Load Metric
    post jamie gold, this entire hand is the naked face of standard.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    lol @ this hand

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post
    I’ve only seen one other player go broke on the first hand of the main event but it was far different circumstances. One player had AT and the other TT with a flip of AAT. Now that sucks to flip a boat on your first hand and be out.

You mean this hand

Load Metric
    I remember that hand. That’s when poker was a thing.

Load Metric
    I think the starting stack was still 10k when this happened. Burning 50k in chips in one hand is insane.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Actually, if you are not good at poker anyways, getting it all in with 8 outs to the nuts probably isn't that bad a play. It isn't like some rank amateur is going to be able to outplay a bunch of pros in deep stack NLHE over 5 days, so why even try. Probably higher EV to just go all in every time you have a legitimate draw to the nuts and see if you can grow a stack through hitting your draws.

I remember when I used to pay more attention to tourney poker, when there were monster side games going on, players like Ivey and Hansen would take a similar approach. Either get lucky and build a stack early, or bust out and get back to the side games. Slightly different circumstances, but similar thought processes.

Load Metric
    I thought this thread was about IamGreeks wife

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    I think the starting stack was still 10k when this happened. Burning 50k in chips in one hand is insane.

yeah same page.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Actually, if you are not good at poker anyways, getting it all in with 8 outs to the nuts probably isn't that bad a play. It isn't like some rank amateur is going to be able to outplay a bunch of pros in deep stack NLHE over 5 days, so why even try. Probably higher EV to just go all in every time you have a legitimate draw to the nuts and see if you can grow a stack through hitting your draws.

I remember when I used to pay more attention to tourney poker, when there were monster side games going on, players like Ivey and Hansen would take a similar approach. Either get lucky and build a stack early, or bust out and get back to the side games. Slightly different circumstances, but similar thought processes.
    uhh lets see Moneymaker, Gold (like it or not he was and remains an amateur based on his play), Hesp (British Dude who made last years FT). Im sure theres plenty of others.. Shit they were constantly claiming for years a real pro wouldn't be able to win the ME anymore due to numbers and such which is why many have gone to considering the 50k PPC as the Pros title.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyMonkeyBaby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

uhh lets see Moneymaker, Gold (like it or not he was and remains an amateur based on his play), Hesp (British Dude who made last years FT). Im sure theres plenty of others.. Shit they were constantly claiming for years a real pro wouldn't be able to win the ME anymore due to numbers and such which is why many have gone to considering the 50k PPC as the Pros title.
    When Jamie Gold won he was legit outplaying most of his opponents with all those bluffs. He may have been amateur but his unorthodox style was next level at that time until people realised that he rarely had it.

I didn’t watch when Hesp FT’d but I’d hazard a guess that an old guy like him played a typical conservative hand selection and was lucky enough to hold when he did play.

There’s always at least one Rec player at any given FT, but luck only gets them so far and the lion’s share will be split amongst the more profitable players.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post

When Jamie Gold won he was legit outplaying most of his opponents with all those bluffs. He may have been amateur but his unorthodox style was next level at that time until people realised that he rarely had it.

I didn’t watch when Hesp FT’d but I’d hazard a guess that an old guy like him played a typical conservative hand selection and was lucky enough to hold when he did play.

There’s always at least one Rec player at any given FT, but luck only gets them so far and the lion’s share will be split amongst the more profitable players.
    Gold did so well because he was never outrdrawn. Every time he got it in when vulnerable, his opponents bricked every time.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Gold did so well because he was never outrdrawn. Every time he got it in when vulnerable, his opponents bricked every time.
    Gold was absolutely amazing that event. He had everyone confused all the time. He earned that $. He also deserved to lose it thinking his ploy would last.

Comments

gimmick: cunt

Load Metric
    Not horrible or thread worthy by any means. You have major fold equity and are drawing to the nuts. Only hand that ever calls you here is likely kk and maybe 1010. Probably not a good play but not nearly as bad as people think because of fold equity.

Comments

sah_24: Luls, punting 100s of bbs in early levels ... god PFA has the dumbest poker players

gimmick:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Jamie Gold ran hotter than anyone in the history of the Main, he would make terrible flat after terrible flat and would just keep flopping nutted hands over and over. If Cunningham would have nutted up and not folded a monster 4 handed, Gold wouldn't even have won ...

Thread Information