Thread: Why 888poker? Why?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Why 888poker? Why?

So I am an American living in Germany and got a shot to play online poker. I want everyone to know outside the U.S. that 888 poker is a total hassle and WILL TAKE your low stakes deposits. How they advertise at the WSOP is beyond me.

Story:

- Open 888 account and deposit 200 U.S./179 Euro via a third party called Transferwise. Trasferwise gives the best exchange rates.
    - 888 asks for documents to prove identity. I provide my passport and local address here in Germany.
    - 888 freezes account because my local address doesn't agree with my address from Transferwise. This was due to me moving from a temporary address to my permanent address here in Germany.
    - I provide my new address at the request of 888 poker.
    - I provide additional documentation of utility bills at the request of 888 poker.
    - They release my account, but it shows $0. I say WTF?
    - They say they are returning my money. They haven't.

Why would 888 poker not want low stakes players? Why the hassle? Why would they walk away with my $200?

I don't know the answer to these questions. You get to decide. But FUCK 888 poker. Spread the word.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 50Cinquanta View Post
    So I am an American living in Germany and got a shot to play online poker. I want everyone to know outside the U.S. that 888 poker is a total hassle and WILL TAKE your low stakes deposits. How they advertise at the WSOP is beyond me.

Story:

- Open 888 account and deposit 200 U.S./179 Euro via a third party called Transferwise. Trasferwise gives the best exchange rates.
    - 888 asks for documents to prove identity. I provide my passport and local address here in Germany.
    - 888 freezes account because my local address doesn't agree with my address from Transferwise. This was due to me moving from a temporary address to my permanent address here in Germany.
    - I provide additional documentation of utility bills at the request of 888 poker.

Why would 888 poker not want low stakes players? Why the hassle? Why would they walk away with my $200?

I don't know the answer to these questions. You get to decide. But FUCK 888 poker. Spread the word.
    This sounds like incompetence.

How do they explain the lack of return of your money?

Can you post the e-mail chain with personal info redacted?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Story:

This sounds like incompetence.

How do they explain the lack of return of your money?

Can you post the e-mail chain with personal info redacted?
    Here is a cut and paste of two email trains. There are two email trains due to me taking two different avenues to get customer support. Note that the date format puts the day and date opposite of what we do in the states. I've replaced personal data with ....... and deleted auto replies.

1st email train:
    Hmmm. Interesting, since I don't have a bank in Belgium. And you know this since I sent you my statement. YOU KNOW this is from Transferwise statement. What the fuck is your problem?

I'm going to the forums...

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/forum.php

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/

https://forum.wsop.com/

FUCK 888.poker. See you at the series.

Sincerely,

Ric............................

Subject
    Your Account with us
    Question Reference............
    Response (19/01/2018 06.10 PM)
    Dear Ric..........

Thank you for your e-mail.

We will be returning this wire deposit back to your bank, as your bank account is based in Belgium, and your account is registered in Germany.

Should you wish to send another wire transfer deposit, please make sure that it comes from a German bank.

I wish you all the best, and have a good weekend.

Kind regards
    Camilla
    Transactions Team
    Customer (15/01/2018 03.50 PM)
    Dear Operations Team,

Thank you so much for verifying my information after 2 weeks. However,
    my account shows a 0 balance. Please see attached.

In other words, WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY FUNDS?

How do you people make money? I can't wait for this summer at the WSOP
    to tell everyone HOW FUCKED UP 888 poker is. The pros are gonna LOVE
    the fact that you are chasing amateurs away. They may even question how
    much of a fucking amateur operation 888 poker is. And for $200 lousy bucks.

Sincerely,

Ric.......

On 1/15/2018 3:28 PM, Cassava Enterprises wrote:
    > Subject Line........
    >
    >
    >

==================== application File Attachment ====================
    to 888poker.pdf, 36649 bytes, Added to incident..........
    Response (15/01/2018 03.28 PM)
    Dear Ric,

This is the Operations Team at 888poker and we are contacting you with regards to your account with username Cinquata50

Thank you for sending in the recently requested documents which have now successfully passed our verification process. As a result any restrictions which may have been imposed on your account have been removed. Please update your address as soon as you access your account.

Many thanks for your cooperation in this matter.

Regards
    Operations Team
    operations@cassava.net
    888poker

Customer (06/01/2018 04.36 PM)
    So this is the problem. I can't tell what the discrepancy is if I'm
    locked out of my account. The address on the bill I sent you is...............
    correct. What is the address in my account? I've recently moved to .... This is my address.

I am attaching another bill and copy of my passport.

This is not for a large amount of money, but I would think you would
    want a lot of us type players. I've been very mistaken on trying to
    play with 888poker.

Let's get this resolved. You have my funds.

You should get a tariff free customer support number.

Ric.........

On 1/6/2018 3:30 PM, Cassava Enterprises wrote:
    > Subject Line
    >
    >
    >

........ water statement.pdf, 382017 bytes, Added to incident

....... Passport.pdf, 382723 bytes, Added to incident

........ utility bill.pdf, 282243 bytes, Added to incident
    Response (06/01/2018 03.30 PM)
    Dear Ric..........,

This is the Operations Team at 888poker and we are contacting you with regards to your account with username "Cinquata50".

Thank you for contacting us.

As previously advised, whilst verifying your document details to that on your account it was noticed that your address differs to that which is registered on your account.

In light of this, we kindly ask that you provide us with an explanation for this discrepancy.

In addition to this we ask that you submit the following to complete our verification of your account:

- Copy of your passport, driver's license or national ID card

Upon receipt of your documents we can proceed accordingly.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Operations Team
    Operations@cassava.net

Customer (04/01/2018 09.24 PM)
    My account has been disabled several days now. After sending in requested documentation, I am not getting a response from operations@cassava.net. I recently funded my account, so now you are holding my money without my ability to play and no response on why. What is the deal? How do you keep players if you treat them like this? Please contact me immediately.
    Ric......................
    +49..................

2nd email train

Subject
    Your account with us
    Question Reference # ..........
    Response (05/01/2018 06.41 PM)
    Dear Ric............,

This is the Operations Team at 888poker and we are contacting you with regards to your account with username "Cinquata50".

We are in receipt of your e-mail.

We do apologize for our response time however our response time can be up to 72 hrs depending on the influx of e-mails received from our members.

Thank you for sending the requested document to us. Unfortunately, we were unable to accept the copy of your utility bill for verification purposes as the details differ to what's registered on your account.

As a result, we request for you to provide us with an alternate copy of a recent Utility Bill. Please note that if you do not have an adequate Utility Bill for our needs, we can accept any of the following alternate documents:

- Invoice
    - Bank Statement
    - Credit Card Statement
    - Cellular phone bill
    - Voided cheque
    - Contract or rental agreement
    - An official letter

The document should be recently dated and show the name and address as on your account's registration details

In addition to this we ask that you submit the following to complete our verification of your account:

- Copy of your passport, driver's license or national ID card

Upon receipt of your documents we can proceed accordingly.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Operations Team
    Operations@cassava.net
    Customer (05/01/2018 05.41 PM)
    I need you to contact me. You have my funds and will not answer my emails.

Ric...................

+49......................

On 1/2/2018 6:29 PM, Cassava Enterprises wrote:
    > Subject Line
    >
    >
    >
    Customer (03/01/2018 07.28 PM)
    My account is still disabled. What is the problem?

On 1/2/2018 8:10 PM, Rich wrote:
    >
    > Please see attached. A little excessive don't you think?
    >
    > Please advise on if you have received my funds?
    >
    > Ric...................
    >
    > Mobile .....................
    >
    >
    > On 1/2/2018 6:29 PM, Cassava Enterprises wrote:
    >> Subject Line
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >
    Customer (02/01/2018 08.10 PM)
    Please see attached. A little excessive don't you think?

Please advise on if you have received my funds?

Ric.............................

Mobile ........................

On 1/2/2018 6:29 PM, Cassava Enterprises wrote:
    > Subject Line
    >
    >
    >

................. utility bill.pdf, 282243 bytes, Added to incident
    Response (02/01/2018 06.29 PM)
    Dear Ric................,

Thank you for your cooperation with the verification of your account; however, to finalise the authentication process we require the following:

•A copy of a recent utility bill or statement showing your name and address.

The documents you have already sent have successfully passed our verification process and as soon as the above document is received and approved your account will be fully validated and any restrictions which may have been imposed on your account will be reviewed.

Verify Now

For further information please visit our FAQs by pasting this link into your browser:
    http://888-external-en.custhelp.com/...id/2616/prod/4

Regards

Operations Team
    operations@cassava.net
    888poker

Customer (02/01/2018 05.46 PM)
    So, I am really trying hard to play 888 poker. But, you guys aren't
    making it easy. I'm getting a "temporarily disabled" when I try to log in.

I recently tried to fund my account, so what is the problem?

Cinquata50

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The e-mails you posted are a bit confusing since they seem to be in backwards order, but I think I made sense of them anyway.

It does appear this is a matter of incompetence.

Is there perhaps a customer support number to call, in order to resolve this? That seems like it would be faster, and you can nail someone down on explaining where exactly your $200 has been sent.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    No tariff free phone call. That is why I asked them to contact me. I'll try installing Skype, but my mobile carrier is an unknown cost. This is why it is so frustrating.

Load Metric
    They have a live chat option, don't they?

Guess I've been lucky with 888. They've never fucked me, and payouts are always approved within 24hrs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff
    We were asked why we allowed overt racism. We were asked why giant black cocks were all over our website.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid Stunt View Post

Guess I've been lucky with 888. They've never fucked me, and payouts are always approved within 24hrs.
    Uh, where? There is only a "Contact Us" button on thier webpage. It only directs me to a form to get a email response.

This is part of why I think 888 poker SUCKS so bad.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    No tariff free phone call. That is why I asked them to contact me. I'll try installing Skype, but my mobile carrier is an unknown cost. This is why it is so frustrating.
    Yeah I see that.

What a fail.

The only support number is in the UK, which you can call, but it has international charges.

You may just have to do it through Skype and buy a $7 block of 400 minutes to the UK.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid Stunt View Post

Uh, where? There is only a "Contact Us" button on thier webpage. It only directs me to a form to get a email response.

This is part of why I think 888 poker SUCKS so bad.

I'm sure they had one in the cashier, or at least they used to. I can't check ATM because I'm at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff
    We were asked why we allowed overt racism. We were asked why giant black cocks were all over our website.

Load Metric
    This sounds like a case for Alvin Finkelstein.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    And it continues. Do you really think this is incompetence? Is it possible for a single employee (Camilla) to commit fraud? My $200 is still missing and this is the responses I get? Why 888poker? Why?

Response (22/01/2018 11.08 AM)
    Dear Ric.......

I apologise if mistook the country that the funds came from, but we still cannot accept funds from another country other than the one you have registered from.

This is for security and fraud purposes.

Please, should there be a next time, send funds from a German based bank.

Kind regards
    Camilla
    Transactions Team
    Response (21/01/2018 04.55 PM)
    Dear Ric......,

Thank you for your email.

Due to the fact that the Transactions Department is not fully operational at the weekend as most financial institutions are closed, Camilla who is dealing with your case is not currently in the office.

I shall, however be sure to pass your information on to Camilla and you shall receive a response updating you upon the situation at the beginning of the week.

Your understanding is much appreciated in this matter and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Have a pleasant weekend.

Kind Regards,

Bled M.
    Transactions Department

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Well, I got my funds back from 888 poker. My advice stands that it is not worth the hassle and to stay away from 888 poker due to excessive player validation, poor customer service, and no toll free number. Why would anyone want to play with the hassle they provide? Pokerstars and Partypoker are much easier to deal with and Pokerstars has a much better selection of games especially if you like mixed games.

I've made an offer to 888 poker to try to get well from this and to see them be an advocate for all stakes players. Kinda of an image change where they work well with any player. We'll see where this goes, but you think they would want to make it easy for players to come onboard and this is an opportunity to do it. Otherwise, it is just lost revenue for them and lost play for the pros. I'll let you know if they realize how much they suck right now and if they make me any offers to make up for 3 weeks of wasted time.

DD told the story accurately and well on his podcast. Maybe it gets back to 888.

Load Metric
    its weird, who wouldnt want a player who threatens to slander and extort you after you say:

We will be returning this wire deposit back to your bank, as your bank account is based in Belgium, and your account is registered in Germany.

Should you wish to send another wire transfer deposit, please make sure that it comes from a German bank.
    i wish you all the best on your jihad.

trump uh akbar.

Comments

thesparten: Trump rep
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    So I had no luck trying to get 888 poker to understand people like me don't like incompetence/hassle/dumbassiness. Still no toll free customer service number. Below is a condescending email on deposit methods.

My advice stands, 888 Poker SUCKS.

Subject
    Your Account with us
    Question Reference....
    Response (01/02/2018 05.41 AM)
    Dear Ric.....

Thank you for your email.

Ric...., I've reviewed your account and case please be advised I do apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Regarding your issues with placing a deposit on the account please review the following options which are available to you such as PayPal

To use this payment method, you're required to have a PayPal account. If you don't have an account, you can register with PayPal for free during the deposit process.

To deposit with PayPal, please carry out the following:

1. Visit our 'Cashier' and click 'Deposit'.
    2. Select the 'PayPal' tab (if this option’s not displayed, click ‘More’ for a complete list).
    3. Enter the amount you wish to deposit and click 'Continue to PayPal'.
    4. Provide your PayPal email address and password; click 'Log In'. Alternatively, if you don’t have an account with PayPal, select 'Create a PayPal account'.
    5. Review the payment details and confirm correct by clicking 'Pay Now'.
    6. You will then be redirected back to our Cashier and notified of the transaction result.

Or another method known as Entropay

Entropay is a prepaid virtual visa card which provides an easy and safe way to make payments online. This is funded using a credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard or JCB).

If you're not registered with Entropay, the option to create an Entropay card will be available upon selecting this payment method in our Cashier.

To make a deposit with Entropay, please carry out the following:

1. Visit our Cashier and click ‘Deposit’.

2. Select the ‘Entropay’ tab (if this option’s not displayed, click ‘More’ for a complete list).

3. Enter the amount you wish to deposit and provide your Entropay card details.

Note: To create an Entropay card, click the ‘Sign up to Entropay Virtual VISA Card’ link; located towards the right of the page.

4. Click ‘Deposit’.

5. Confirmation of the transaction will be displayed on your screen.

Once the deposit's approved, the funds are credited to your 888poker account and you can immediately start placing your bets.

If you'd like assistance with making a deposit please contact us via the phone at +44 203 478 1875.

If you require further assistance with this or any other matter, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,

Shanoi
    Member Support Representative

Support@888poker.com
    https://www.888poker.com

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Thou does protest too much!

Are you jewish by any chance??

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post

How can you even ask that on Druff's forum? Jeez!

But seriously. You would put up with this shit?

I guess in your world UB just got caught, Chris Ferguson is a victim, and Kate Hall is wholesome.....

I may have a minor problem, but people like you are what make 888poker a major problem.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post

How can you even ask that on Druff's forum? Jeez!

But seriously. You would put up with this shit?

I guess in your world UB just got caught, Chris Ferguson is a victim, and Kate Hall is wholesome.....

I may have a minor problem, but people like you are what make 888poker a major problem.
    Druff knows he,s jewish

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Here is the email trail on what I offered 888poker (OBTW, they suck). Sorry Druff, it is in reverse chronological order. There is no other way I can cut and paste.

I really reached out to them to get well on this. THEY DON'T CARE.

888poker DOES NOT GIVE A FUCK about any low stakes player. Remember this when it is time.

Response (15/02/2018 06.18 PM)
    Dear Ric...,

Thank you for contacting 888poker and for providing your feedback, which is of great value to us.

Our goal has always been to offer the ultimate online gaming experience and as so, we are always looking for ways to improve the software and overall service given to members.

We do apologize for any grievance this may have caused you and appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Should you wish to contact us again regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to do so.

Kind regards,

Pernel R.

Customer (08/02/2018 09.13 PM)
    Pernel,

If you check my correspondence with 888poker, you will know how badly
    888poker handled my account. In addition, you had my funds for several
    days while you mishandled my account. Due to this, I don't want to play
    with 888poker and I've told everyone I can. And they have choices. And
    those choices matter when you want to compete in the U.S. And those
    choices matter when you want to compete in Europe. And those choices
    matter when you want to compete in Asia. THOSE CHOICES MATTER.

Here is the good news: 888poker can make this up. They can go "we made
    a mistake." Because you did. Otherwise, I have to tell everyone on
    forums, in person, and at the WSOP how much 888poker sucks. Because,
    right now, it is true. So, I started for a lousy $200. Yet, everyone
    thinks you are incompetent and those pros think $200 multiplied by xxxx,
    FUCK 888poker if they can't even get the lowball players who buy in
    multiple times. Everyone thinks, "why would I want to play with
    888poker when there are other choices."

How about "888poker cares about the low stakes player." How about
    "888poker admits their own mistakes." How about "Imagine if I could get
    888poker here."

Please pass this to the relevant department. It's time to get well on
    this. Why would you miss out on my rake multiplied by xxxxx because of
    your incompetence?

Sincerely,

Ric......

On 2/6/2018 5:51 PM, Cassava Enterprises wrote:
    > Subject Line
    >
    Response (06/02/2018 05.51 PM)
    Dear Ric........,

Thank you for contacting 888poker and for providing your feedback, which is of great value to us.

Ric....., our goal has always been to offer the ultimate online gaming experience and as so, we are always looking for ways to improve the software and overall service given to members.

Your comments have been forwarded to the relevant department.

Should you wish to contact us again regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to do so.

Kind regards,

Pernel R.

Thread Information