Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kobe Bryant dead?

Load Metric
    He was just part of a piece by Bryant Gumble recently . He did hundreds of Make a Wish Foundation appearances for sick kids with cancer , etc.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post

He would have got the flu, again.
    I’m guessing he would have conferred with his PR team and like gotten 24 assists and 8 rebounds and refused to shoot out of respect or something. Make some statement about respecting Kobe’s house or something like that. It would have been gloriously awkward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I knew there were a lot of Kobe fanboys, but how many bought into that false bravado mamba mentality bullshit amuses the fuck out of me. For all his supposed work ethic, he started an inefficient chucker and finished one.

I mean, when he got swooped up for that Colorado shit and ratted our shaq for absolutely no reason whatsoever, what is more bitch-like and less mamba mentality than narcing out your buddy who had nothing to do with your problem?

Shaq is more benevolent than me. I wouldn’t forgive that shit if I lived to a 100. If not for his daughter dying, I’d lose respect for shaq for not showing up at the memorial and doing that Kobe tell me how my ass taste rap.

So clearly the answer is 5 days for me if the question is how long do I feel it inappropriate to speak ill of the dead.
    He had a really good work ethic regarding preparation for games, keeping in shape, and trying to better his skills.

He also had a huge ego, which led to the early-career problems (didn't pass the ball because he thought he could outplay everyone) and later-career problems (when age killed his ability to shoot, he was still shooting at the rate of someone who was good).

Calling out Shaq for "doing the same thing but paying the women off" (in reference to cheating on his wife) was fucked up, as you said. Kobe had some social issues. He didn't relate to people well. It simply didn't dawn on him that you don't say that about a teammate when you're in hot water for your own actions. As far as Kobe saw it, he was being persecuted where Shaq wasn't, and he couldn't understand the huge difference.

Shaq and Kobe were the opposite in many ways. Both had a lot of natural basketball talent, but the similarities ended there.

Shaq was naturally social, fun, and outgoing, and Kobe was aloof and a bit weird.

Kobe had an obsession to keep his body in top shape and to constantly improve his game. Shaq figured, "I'm a great player, why bother? The offseason is for relaxing!"

Kobe had trouble with team basketball at times, always wanting to have the team on his shoulders, even when it was to the team's detriment. Shaq took the game as it came to him.

Apparently they did make up in recent years, after both were retired and enough time had passed since their days as teammates. This was probably easier to do because there was a lot of nostalgia for the Shaq-Kobe years, given that the Lakers were horrible for awhile (only becoming good this sesaon).

Did Shaq really think better of Kobe than he had before, prior to his death? Yes.

Is some of the grief being played up for the camera? Also yes.
    Kobe was an inferior imitation of Michael Jordan, nothing more. He spent his whole career like this.

Always reminded me more of Alex Rodriguez: both supremely talented, completely socially awkward weirdos who desperately tried to always be cool.

'Black Mamba' was post-rape rebranding that incredibly took off.

Imagine an outspoken black athlete accused of raping a white girl in 2020?

This posthumous 'women's champion' label is gross.

He was an amazing player and rapist who was really weird.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    We have a family member who owned a private plane for 35 years. Thousands upon thousands of hours. Everyone flies. His mother was one of the first female racers in America. Lotta stories.

He had meticulous attention to detail. Preflight with this guy was excruciating. He was still alive.

Years go by and he was near 70.

One day, somehow he missed that his door wasn’t secured closed. As he lifted off the pilot’s door started flapping around. He had to abort the takeoff but ran out of runway.

Totaled the plane. He was unscathed.

Thus ended a pilot’s career, and for the most part, this guy’s identity.

Years earlier we went out. At the end of the day we had to return the plane to the hanger. I’m pushing and watching my side. Running my mouth, no doubt. Somehow, the end of my wing clipped the hanger door. He never trusted me again in any matter. Fabulous.

You aren’t granted even one mistake in aviation.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I thought it was a black girl. But now I can't even find her name much less a photo.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    I thought it was a black girl. But now I can't even find her name much less a photo.
    No, her name was katelyn. I’ll leave the last name out. She was white as white gets

Comments

duped_samaritan:

Diamond
    Load Metric
    LOL @ Flea comparing Kobe to MJ. Rapists of a feather I guess

Load Metric
    Pretty badass that Dame came in and hung 48 on K9be night.

First half made the all star game seem like game 7 of the NBA finals but still..

Comments

Sanlmar: You could do a 5 minute set on this game.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

No, her name was katelyn. I’ll leave the last name out. She was white as white gets
    And according to my buddy who went to high school with her, crazy as fuck. I don't think Kobe is a rapist. Just cant slip that Mamba in the backdoor....

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    SOUNDS LIKE KOBE TOOK A RIDE ON THE WEST COAST KICK LMAO HE PROBABLY DIED IN THAT HELICOPTER CRASH THOUGH

Comments

Tellafriend: Idiot just stop

Load Metric
    Pretty badass that Dame came in and hung 48 on K9be night.

First half made the all star game seem like game 7 of the NBA finals but still..
    If they had a 4 point shot, Lillard would be the league MVP. I’ve never seen a player who routinely makes 30 footers like he does.

Load Metric
    did Vanessa Bryant register a pattern of things fans can leave at the crash site?
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    mamba wouldn't leave that shit uncolored...

Load Metric
    Name:  toby.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  96.9 KB

Comments

splitthis: Like he wasn’t ugly enough

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Name:  s3y5j7nc39f41.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  71.1 KB

Comments

splitthis: Lol

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    Name:  toby.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  96.9 KB
    |

i coulda done a better piece with Indian ink and a sewing needle..wow..looks llike this kid did it himself. wow ..looks fkd up.

Load Metric
    No way that's real

Load Metric
    Name:  4C527FA1-79A9-421E-80AE-CCCB34F99BE2.jpeg
Views: 439
Size:  40.3 KB

Kobe Bryant is still dead

Load Metric
    From long ago...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Pilot was caught violating reduced visibility rules in 2015: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...violation-2015

Moral of the story is that, if you're going to fly around in roflcopters all the time, make sure you have a top pilot.

Thread Information