Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joker

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    ddl and joaquin phoenix are the best actors alive. Phillip seymour hof used to be on that list
    Agreed but I’d throw Christian Bale into the mix too.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    ddl and joaquin phoenix are the best actors alive. Phillip seymour hof used to be on that list
    Agreed but I’d throw Christian Bale into the mix too.

can you name a particularly moving scene starring christian bale? i really cant think of one.

beyond which, he hasnt exactly been discriminating in the roles hes taken.

note that im not saying hes not a great actor, but including him in a list like ddl and hoffman, both of whom had meticulously cultivated their legacies, seems ambitious.

Comments

Sloppy Joe:
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Name:  88E57E46-84E0-42EB-89BD-79E6AC01E09E.jpeg
Views: 527
Size:  169.6 KB

Comments

sonatine: one of the finer moments in cinema, yes

Load Metric
    i went through american psycho in my head, the scene where he stares in the mirror removing the face mask is mind blowing but is it any sort of stretch for him as an actor? gonna say no.

Comments

devidee: Yeah. Couldn’t resist that pic though

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i went through american psycho in my head, the scene where he stares in the mirror removing the face mask is mind blowing but is it any sort of stretch for him as an actor? gonna say no.
    He’s pretty great in The Fighter and solid as Cheney in Vice too. I’ll grant you the particularly moving scenes point but i think he’s been great in several films when considering the totality of the role. And I get that “going method” and gaining/losing weight doesn’t equate to great acting; I mean just look at the last Joker in Leto to confirm that point. But in my opinion Bale is as close to the league as anyone to those three previously mentioned greats.

Comments

sonatine: fair

devidee: Check out The Machinist

Load Metric
    US Army warns about possible mass shootings by incels at ‘Joker’ screenings

https://nypost.com/2019/09/25/us-arm...er-screenings/

The US Army issued a warning about the possibility of mass shootings at upcoming screenings of “Joker,” according to a new report.

In a widely distributed email on Sept. 18 marked “For official use only,” officials reminded service members to “identify two escape routes” and to “run, hide, fight” in the event of a shooting, Gizmodo reported.

“Run if you can,” the message said. “If you’re stuck, hide (also known as ‘sheltering in place’), and stay quiet. If a shooter finds you, fight with whatever you can.”

On Tuesday, the Army confirmed to Gizmodo that it issued the warning in light of social media posts from “incel” extremists that were flagged by the FBI.

The email to service members explained that incels “idolize the Joker character, the violent clown from the Batman series, admiring his depiction as a man who must pretend to be happy, but eventually fights back against bullies.”

An Army spokesperson said the message was routine.

“We want our workforce to be prepared and diligent on personal safety both inside the workplace and out,” the rep said.

In another memo Monday, top officials of the Army’s Criminal Investigation Division said it received “credible” intelligence from law enforcement in Texas about “disturbing and very specific chatter” on the dark web about “the targeting of an unknown movie theater during the release.”

“Joker,” starring Joaquin Phoenix in the title role, premieres Oct. 4 — and has already sparked concerns of movie theater violence.
    Greatest movie promotion ever.

This movie is going to "kill" at the box office.

Pack your weapon and you too can become a real hero when the shooting starts.

Load Metric
    He’s pretty great in The Fighter and solid as Cheney in Vice too. I’ll grant you the particularly moving scenes point but i think he’s been great in several films when considering the totality of the role. And I get that “going method” and gaining/losing weight doesn’t equate to great acting; I mean just look at the last Joker in Leto to confirm that point. But in my opinion Bale is as close to the league as anyone to those three previously mentioned greats.
    I like Bale a lot but that's a reach imo. I have missed a bit of his IMDb, though. Any hidden gem performances? Only.ones that REALLY jump out are American Psycho and Fighter (and ok, Vice too).

He was quite good in Hostiles as well, a bad movie.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Machinist

Load Metric
    i havent seen machinist but if you subtract his physical transformation, is there something in his performance to respect artistically?

Comments

devidee: Nope.

Load Metric
    this is going to sound wild af but i rank tom cruise way ahead of bale.

and ill tell you why:

magnolia.

Comments

DirtyErnie: full totes behind this

Load Metric
    eyes wide shut?

Comments

Sloppy Joe: So fucking good

Load Metric
    eyes wide shut?

sure, throw in vanilla sky as well.

3 excellent films demonstrating range, depth, aptitude light years beyond anything bale has shown.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

I like Bale a lot but that's a reach imo. I have missed a bit of his IMDb, though. Any hidden gem performances? Only.ones that REALLY jump out are American Psycho and Fighter (and ok, Vice too).

He was quite good in Hostiles as well, a bad movie.
    Not sure if it's a "hidden gem" but I always end up watching The Prestige anytime I come across it on Netflix or TV. Probably one of my favorite Christopher Nolan movies. Also maybe greatest casting of all time with David Bowie as Nikola Tesla.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Love The Prestige

DirtyErnie:

Load Metric

and ill tell you why:

magnolia.
    Magnolia could have cut up to 30 minutes but yes, Cruise was exceptional in it.

Another PTA / Cruise movie needs to happen.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    eyes wide shut?

sure, throw in vanilla sky as well.

3 excellent films demonstrating range, depth, aptitude light years beyond anything bale has shown.

Vanilla sky was so close to being something special.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Krypt, is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    US Army warns about possible mass shootings by incels at ‘Joker’ screenings

https://nypost.com/2019/09/25/us-arm...er-screenings/

The US Army issued a warning about the possibility of mass shootings at upcoming screenings of “Joker,” according to a new report.

In a widely distributed email on Sept. 18 marked “For official use only,” officials reminded service members to “identify two escape routes” and to “run, hide, fight” in the event of a shooting, Gizmodo reported.

“Run if you can,” the message said. “If you’re stuck, hide (also known as ‘sheltering in place’), and stay quiet. If a shooter finds you, fight with whatever you can.”

On Tuesday, the Army confirmed to Gizmodo that it issued the warning in light of social media posts from “incel” extremists that were flagged by the FBI.

The email to service members explained that incels “idolize the Joker character, the violent clown from the Batman series, admiring his depiction as a man who must pretend to be happy, but eventually fights back against bullies.”

An Army spokesperson said the message was routine.

“We want our workforce to be prepared and diligent on personal safety both inside the workplace and out,” the rep said.

In another memo Monday, top officials of the Army’s Criminal Investigation Division said it received “credible” intelligence from law enforcement in Texas about “disturbing and very specific chatter” on the dark web about “the targeting of an unknown movie theater during the release.”

“Joker,” starring Joaquin Phoenix in the title role, premieres Oct. 4 — and has already sparked concerns of movie theater violence.
    Greatest movie promotion ever.

This movie is going to "kill" at the box office.

Pack your weapon and you too can become a real hero when the shooting starts.

When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric

Tom Cruise is literal dog shit.

Load Metric

and ill tell you why:

magnolia.
    Paging CTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Joaquin Phoenix grew up in a sex cult based on pedophilia. And he’s currently dating a teenager.

So yeah, there’s that.

(((Hollywood)))

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Joaquin Phoenix grew up in a sex cult based on pedophilia. And he’s currently dating a teenager.

So yeah, there’s that.

(((Hollywood)))
    Rooney Mara is a teenager? Funny I thought she was in her 30s.

Fucking mossad.

Comments

devidee: You believe Rooney is the only girl he fucks? Oh goy.

Thread Information