Page 9 of 223 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    thought i posted these here instead of the trump thread
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsSatire View Post
    final five is going to be bernie, biden, buttigieg, warren and super dark horse pick

julian castro
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    my point being, if biden runs and loses, talking the bernie bro's and shill stein voters out of pursuing moderate candidates is totally over for like 2 or 3 generations.

if bernie runs and loses we get to say "you tried it your way, now sit at the grownup table."
    i doubt that grownup table is going to save anybody from climate change

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    also just heard from the future and this is how the grownup table discussion of climate change went

"far left" child: climate change is real and we need to take immediate and drastic action

moderate centrist grownup democrat: climate change is real but (because im taking money from the fossil fuel industry) instead of drastic action maybe we could slightly increase tax incentives on solar panels and electric vehicles

republican: lololo libtards cliamte change is a hoaks, fly in planes and drive cars hippocrates

Load Metric

my point being, if biden runs and loses, talking the bernie bro's and shill stein voters out of pursuing moderate candidates is totally over for like 2 or 3 generations.

if bernie runs and loses we get to say "you tried it your way, now sit at the grownup table."

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    also just heard from the future and this is how the grownup table discussion of climate change went

"far left" child: climate change is real and we need to take immediate and drastic action

moderate centrist grownup democrat: climate change is real but (because im taking money from the fossil fuel industry) instead of drastic action maybe we could slightly increase tax incentives on solar panels and electric vehicles

republican: lololo libtards cliamte change is a hoaks, fly in planes and drive cars hippocrates
    The religious right of the GOP already have a plan to deal with climate change.

Name:  428C756F-A96D-441A-A87E-A220DA64BA6A.jpeg
Views: 490
Size:  160.9 KB

Comments

DJ_Chaps: IDIOT
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Average American: “yes I’m a little concerned about the planet heating up, but ain’t no fucking way I’m gonna pay $6.00 a gallon for gas or cut my consumption to help out.”

Load Metric
    How does Beto have the biggest lead in a hypothetical h2h against Trump while polling at like 5% for the dem
    nomination? I was hoping dude wasn’t a stiff(unfortunately he appears to be) because I thought he’d appeal to independents and old white people, but how is this even possible? He’d have to be almost everyone’s second choice or have like 90% of independent voters. I doubt he’d hang himself with Democrats for life at 46 years old by running third party, but I’m glad he’s rich or someone might hand him a really big bag of money to split votes and Trump would win by 10%

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...cnn-poll%3famp

Comments

MumblesBadly: Beto is a team player re the Dem Party, but also tries to steer the party working within it. So, no worries about him going rogue.

Load Metric
    cnn also put out a poll showing biden crushing everybody with like 39% but they didnt mention that nobody under 50 was included in the poll numbers or that 28% were registered republicans

Load Metric
    cnn also put out a poll showing biden crushing everybody with like 39% but they didnt mention that nobody under 50 was included in the poll numbers or that 28% were registered republicans
    where did you see this?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    How does Beto have the biggest lead in a hypothetical h2h against Trump while polling at like 5% for the dem
    nomination? I was hoping dude wasn’t a stiff(unfortunately he appears to be) because I thought he’d appeal to independents and old white people, but how is this even possible? He’d have to be almost everyone’s second choice or have like 90% of independent voters. I doubt he’d hang himself with Democrats for life at 46 years old by running third party, but I’m glad he’s rich or someone might hand him a really big bag of money to split votes and Trump would win by 10%

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...cnn-poll%3famp
    I really hate the early hypothetical general election matchup poll.

The information people are using is so incomplete that it makes their answer useless.

Winning a Presidential election comes from a long campaign with a lot of back-and-forth between candidates.

You can't take a candidate like Beto, who has barely been tested on a national stage, and guess how he would hold up in the general election.

That's why the "Bernie would have beaten Trump" thing is crap. I think that Bernie would turn off a lot of people if put under the scrutiny of a general election.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    where did you see this?
    Allow me to answer...

P.S. The host shows the poll methodology and statistical details to make the fullvid titled case that the poll results are a sham meant to prop up Biden’s supposedly popularity among likely Democratic Party presidential nomination race voters.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

where did you see this?
    Allow me to answer...

P.S. The host shows the poll methodology and statistical details to make the fullvid titled case that the poll results are a sham meant to prop up Biden’s supposedly popularity among likely Democratic Party presidential nomination race voters.
    k but no one has ever watched one of your videos and i will not start now.

anyone have a link to written words?

Comments

MumblesBadly: Umm, ‘K. But it’s your choice to be willfully ignorant.

Diamond
    Load Metric

Guy is gonna be a bumbling stooge on the campaign trail all summer and drop out imo

Comments

MumblesBadly: It’s foolish to trust a politician with a bad combover.

Tellafriend: Summa cum liar

Load Metric
    Name:  FB4AF5F8-E1EA-470A-9E37-647F3149AA71.jpeg
Views: 434
Size:  139.2 KB

Load Metric
    Bernie is correctly going hard to win back the Midwest from the identity politics-driven GOP. How so? By going after the biggest corporate monopolists in the food industry: the foodstuff aggregators who use their market power to buy low from smaller farmers who don’t have a realistic option to sell their harvest to other companies.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/05/05/pol...lan/index.html

And it’s high time a Democratic presidential candidate did so. Both the GOP and establishment Dems like Clinton and Obama let the big agribusiness aggregators run roughshod over the rural foodstuff markets, squeezing away for themselves about 40% of American farmers’ share of retail foodstuff revenues in the nearly four decades since Team Reagan gutted antitrust enforcement starting in Reagan’s first presidential term.

Go, Bernie!

Load Metric
    Bernie is correctly going hard to win back the Midwest from the identity politics-driven GOP.

I’m sorry. Did you just say the “identity politics-driven GOP?” Cause it looks like you are saying the GOP is the identity politics party, as opposed to the democrats. But you can’t possibly be saying that. So I’m confused.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    He's a fucking retard, Blake.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Bernie is correctly going hard to win back the Midwest from the identity politics-driven GOP.

I’m sorry. Did you just say the “identity politics-driven GOP?” Cause it looks like you are saying the GOP is the identity politics party, as opposed to the democrats. But you can’t possibly be saying that. So I’m confused.
    The GOP definitely appeals to a certain type of identity in order to divide and weaken the middle class, and they started doing so with Richard Nixon’s Southern strategy of appealing to Southern white racists, which Reagan and Poppy Bush expanded to appeal to Northern white racists using exaggerated caricatures of black “welfare queens”, urban crack addicts, and “Willy Horton”-type violent criminals, and complemented that with hypocritical self-righteous “family values” appeals to evangelical/ conservative Christians.

You probably didn’t see this as identity politics because those identities aren’t as fractured into as many identity groups that the Dems have appealed to, but the identity nature of that tribalism is strong enough to get many whites and evangelicals to reliably vote along party lines regardless of how the GOP fucks with their economic interests, nor feed them an unending stream of lies to strenghthen their loyalty to their white or conservative Christian identity. That’s why so many American evangelical Christians have bought into giving lip service to the “help the poor and unfortunate” message of the Christian Gospels in favor of the Trumpian GOP’s callous disregard for the plight of the poor and non-white immigrants.

Hell! Even Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush weren’t callous towards brown-skinned illegal immigrants the way Trump and many leading GOPers, including Paul Ryan when he was relevant, have been. That’s an unmitigated appeal to a white identity, which the aforementioned Ryan indirectly confirned by using his power as a Congress member just prior to leaving office to push for thousands of unused visas to be allocated to applicants with a nationality identical to his own white European heritage.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...s-bill-1032517

If that isn’t identity politics, I don’t know what the fuck is.

Load Metric
    i'm literally speechless that mumbles considers the GOP, and not the democrats, the identity politics party.

it's almost as if he's a failed academic turned truck driver.

Comments

thesidedish: lol guy is writing paragraphs about it

Tellafriend: Almost lol

Load Metric
    i'm literally speechless that mumbles considers the GOP, and not the democrats, the identity politics party.

It's both parties. They just package their identity politics differently. Right cries about lefts identity politics because it fucks with rights own identity politics. As a word pairing identity politics is fairly close in value to political correctness, almost useful overused term but not complete retardation like cultural marxism.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Spot on.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

It's both parties. They just package their identity politics differently. Right cries about lefts identity politics because it fucks with rights own identity politics. As a word pairing identity politics is fairly close in value to political correctness, almost useful overused term but not complete retardation like cultural marxism.
    you're not wrong that both parties do it, but i suppose if there's a difference, it's that so many politicians/commentators on the left (but not all, e.g., bernie) are in your face about directly trying to appeal to minorities at the expense of white voters. for example, issues like reparations (which i actually am in favor of, but i digress).

the right at least tries to use coding like "Make America Great Again"

Comments

gimmick: yea obv

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

you're not wrong that both parties do it, but i suppose if there's a difference, it's that so many politicians/commentators on the left (but not all, e.g., bernie) are in your face about directly trying to appeal to minorities at the expense of white voters. for example, issues like reparations (which i actually am in favor of, but i digress).

the right at least tries to use coding like "Make America Great Again"
    That just makes it harder for the left to effectively confront the underhanded identity politics tactics long used by the right. Only if they have a religious awakening (e.g. John Erhlichman and Nixon’s War on Drugs), a deathbed reflection (e.g. Lee Atwater and the Willie Horton ad), or some other kind of transformative reflection-inducing experience, do they come clean to admitting to having used insidious coded identity politics.

Thread Information