Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW RULE: Only I can escrow money for PFA contests, PLUS no running stakes on this site without prior permission

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

NEW RULE: Only I can escrow money for PFA contests, PLUS no running stakes on this site without prior permission

As many of you know, TheTemplar is now MIA.

Last we heard, he claimed to have had a stroke, and was in the hospital.

While it was verified that he was indeed in the hospital, we don't know for sure what he was there for, and he has posted on PFA since that happened. Then he just completely vanished.

Prior to this, I had been receiving warnings from people that TheTemplar was engaging in suspicious (albeit small-time) transactions with people, and was exhibiting patterns similar to past scammers. Since there was no proof beyond some slow-paying, I decided not to say anything, especially because most of the people who warned me asked me to stay quiet for the moment. I also stayed quiet because the amounts of money were all relatively small.

However, I was concerned when I saw the PFA Weekly Tournament League start, and Templar was escrowing the money. I quickly took over, and decided that I felt uncomfortable with ANYONE besides me escrowing money for tournaments/contests, even if they were longtime trusted members.

At that point I stated that all money had to be escrowed through me, but some money had already been sent to Templar, which he promised to ship me. He sent me $50, but also promised another $125 (that came from Hockey Guy), which I still don't have to this day.

At the moment I believe I have $77.22 to distribute back to the affected parties, whom I believe were out a total of $175 from that league.

Obviously not big money.

Others are concerned that they bought a piece of the BAP he was running (which was pitched privately, not publicly), and also might be out that money, as well.

And there's still a chance Templar will come back, and that this is all just a lot of suspicion over nothing.

However, I have decided that I don't want this -- or the chance of this -- to ever occur again.

Therefore, the following new rules are in place, and they apply to ALL members of this forum, regardless of length of time in the community, reputation, or friendship with me:

1) You may not escrow funds for any contest or tournament run on PFA. All escrowing MUST be done by me.

2) You may not run any sort of stake or BAP through this site, unless I give you explicit permission to do so. This includes both publicly and privately. From this point forward, no one is allowed to use this site, whether publicly or privately, to secure stakes/BAP UNLESS I GAVE YOU PERMISSION TO DO SO. If someone approaches you for this, please tell me immediately via PM.

3) You may hold your own contests and award your own prizes, but if the total prize pool exceeds $200, it must be escrowed with me first, unless I give you permission to do otherwise. For example, let's say you hold a contest to guess Romney's VP pick. If you are awarding $100 to the winner, you don't need to send me the $100 first. If you are awarding $200 or more, you do need to send it to me first. This will prevent the "DJ Chaps situation" that occurred on DD when peterdc offered a prize and then was outed as a scammer before Chaps could redeem it. In the event that you are awarding a non-monetary prize, you will need to clear it with me first, and possibly give me a "deposit" that guarantees you will be actually awarding the prize.

I am taking the above rules VERY SERIOUSLY and will ban/suspend people who break them.

If you are currently escrowing funds related to PFA, please send them to me immediately.

If you are running a stake/BAP here (whether publicly or privately), please contact me immediately and see if you still have permission to do so. Chinamaniac is excepted (only for the stakes/BAP, not the escrow part), as I am giving him permission to continue running stakes/BAP here, given his longtime standing in the community and stellar history regarding paying people.

Damn. And I liked Templar too.

Load Metric
    thetemplar = sparkygriswald = chaz mental

i'm on fire, nailed that one too

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I really hope this guy didn't scam anybody. I mean 125 dollars though? fuck you gonna do with that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by danzo View Post
    I really hope this guy didn't scam anybody. I mean 125 dollars though? fuck you gonna do with that.

I bet you it's closer to the 1k range. Maybe 500$

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danzo View Post

He got $75 out of me ($25 PFA league, $50 BAP). Some of you will call this irony.

Maybe I'm naive, but I still believe the stroke/medical problem story and believe he is still good for it.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    I would be shocked if Templar rolled any one, I have played online with him for many years and he has always been a stand up guy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post

He got $75 out of me ($25 PFA league, $50 BAP). Some of you will call this irony.

Maybe I'm naive, but I still believe the stroke/medical problem story and believe he is still good for it.

I think he's still good for it, but you are naive if you think that's all he owed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    I would be shocked if Templar rolled any one, I have played online with him for many years and he has always been a stand up guy
    you were also the guy who called jasep a scammer after like 20 minutes of slowpaying and then tried to put the whole thing on micon. So you have a weird sense for what's what in situations like this, maybe.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    you were also the guy who called jasep a scammer after like 20 minutes of slowpaying and then tried to put the whole thing on micon. So you have a weird sense for what's what in situations like this, maybe.
    LOL@ 20 MIN, He ducked me for almost a week but I wont get in to this again; edit, And for the record I stand by what i said then 100%, Some one was bust and ducking me, I did nothing wrong by wanting the cash that was mine
    Last edited by 4BET; 07-12-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

Nice. Def fits his MO.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Who are those other 2 cats?
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    If I ever get my money back I'll just consider it found money because I sure don't expect to ever see it again.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

I doubt this. I believe thetemplar was in jail and sparky wasn't. I also think templar is the real deal.

This may be dumb -- feel free to attack. If you were doing this to a faceless corporation where a dozen small wins would make sense I could go for it. These low level set ups across poker and gambling boards will eventually blow up in their faces.

I could get a ton of people to give me $500 or much more without much effort. Why would these scammers aim so low? $500 will last maybe a month.

Edit: Thy could make fake winning profiles(chip dumping to achieve good stats) that could net 5-7 thousand for the same crap I am surprised these guys aim so low per amount of their work.
    Last edited by bukowski72; 07-12-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post

I doubt this. I believe thetemplar was in jail and sparky wasn't. I also think templar is the real deal.

This may be dumb -- feel free to attack. If you were doing this to a faceless corporation where a dozen small wins would make sense I could go for it. These low level set ups across poker and gambling boards will eventually blow up in their faces.

I could get a ton of people to give me $500 or much more without much effort. Why would these scammers aim so low? $500 will last maybe a month.

Edit: Thy could make fake winning profiles(chip dumping to achieve good stats) that could net 5-7 thousand for the same crap I am surprised these guys aim so low per amount of their work.
    that's been chazmental's MO always, and chaz was sparky on tydes trilogy of sites

the templar also shared a love of rescuing pitbulls, same as chaz and templar

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I'm almost positive that Templar isn't Sparky.

That said, I ponied up a hundo for his bap, and we'll just have to see. At this point I believe his situation and wish him well.

If this does end up as a rolling, it's all on me as I was well aware of the risks going in also why I kept it to a small amount.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Please give a brief summary of the other two sn's, ty.
    That'll be pretty crazy if he's a scammer.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

That said, I ponied up a hundo for his bap, and we'll just have to see. At this point I believe his situation and wish him well.

If this does end up as a rolling, it's all on me as I was well aware of the risks going in also why I kept it to a small amount.
    guy likes rescuing pitbulls, has been to jail, frequents poker forums, likes to hold money for the tournaments, and is (allegedly) a scammer?

not saying it's 100% the same person/people, but it would be a hell of a coincidence if it wasn't

templar is either sparky or this guy

Name:  18923_027-242x374.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  86.0 KB

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

guy likes rescuing pitbulls, has been to jail, frequents poker forums, likes to hold money for the tournaments, and is (allegedly) a scammer?

not saying it's 100% the same person/people, but it would be a hell of a coincidence if it wasn't
    I missed the pit bull stuff with Templar............hmmmmmmm

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have Templar's real name (I won't post it right now, since we don't have enough evidence yet to say that he's a scammer).

That name is not the same as chazmental's.

Of course, I got the name from Paypal, so perhaps it's not his account (a friend's or whatever).

If he permanently vanishes on us, I will be posting that name.

Thread Information