Thread: Scam of the week?

Load Metric

Scam of the week?

Name:  image.png
Views: 1103
Size:  600.6 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Their is nothing scam about that. I think bigdogpckt5s might be asking for a bit too much markup but still if their is any event in the year to do this it is the WSOP ME.

Many pros don't even sell for the main they swap a little action with other pros so for someone who has won a lot of money online if people are willing to pay for a piece of them then so be it.

In my opinion their was a time years ago that bigdog was probably worth that much markup but he's only been a part time player for the past few years so whether he is worth that now imo no but if others think so then they can spend their money how they like.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    No way in fucking hell is he worth that much markup, even in the ME. The people that are charging that much are scammers. . .

Load Metric
    Jesus, Daly. I can't believe this is coming from you.

It's free enterprise. This looks pretty open and transparent to me.

Years ago, Timex opened my eyes to markups. ALL markups are stupid. A rule of thumb you can work with. Loved the way he made several clever markets/plays based on this stupidity. Mad mad respect for Timex's creative and original thinking.

Perhaps you and Druff would like to see this lightly regulated too? Protect weak investors from themselves?

Isn't such poor pricing the cornerstone of prop betting?

I am appalled and am considering asking for your resignation.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    No way in fucking hell is he worth that much markup, even in the ME. The people that are charging that much are scammers. . .
    How much is he worth then?

People can charge whatever they want

Comments

LarryLaffer: capitalism rep

sah_24: Ya they can but it doesn't make them any less scammy/scummy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    How much is he worth then?

People can charge whatever they want
    People should be allowed to charge whatever they like without being called a scammer. It is up to the investors if the price is fair, if it's not (1.8 lol) then they don't invest, if it is then you invest. Maybe people aren't informed of the math, but them not being informed doesn't = them being scammed.

Comments

sah_24: It is def scammy/scummy . . .

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Jesus, Daly. I can't believe this is coming from you.

It's free enterprise. This looks pretty open and transparent to me.

Years ago, Timex opened my eyes to markups. ALL markups are stupid. A rule of thumb you can work with. Loved the way he made several clever markets/plays based on this stupidity. Mad mad respect for Timex's creative and original thinking.

Perhaps you and Druff would like to see this lightly regulated too? Protect weak investors from themselves?

Isn't such poor pricing the cornerstone of prop betting?

I am appalled and am considering asking for your resignation.
    Ok let's start from the beginning here. I am nearly pointing out that someone else was asking the question.

A fool and his money are soon parted. I don't want to see this regulated.

He can charge whatever markup he wants in my book, no issues here.

That said not a chance in hell in jumping on board.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So I decided to go back to look at this to see how it's going and it's not even close to being funded. Only one more person has jumped on the investment train since this thread was created with 65.9% still available.

Again, it's not a scam but it's a markup price that the public has determined is is ridiculous.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He's a former Lock Poker pro.

Is anyone surprised?

As for Lock Poker, I have been a Lock Pro Elite for some time now. We've had our challenges with the move to the Cake Network and now Revolution. It's been a bumpy ride. Sometimes I get some flack from the online world for representing the site, but they don't realize all the pros are trying to make it better. There are a lot of logistics that people don't always see and understand. It's been a challenge but we're hoping to eventually get all the software and payment issues resolved to the point where it's real smooth. Trust me, as a pro, and I can speak for the other pros there, we want the issues resolved as much as anyone.
    http://www.pokernews.com/news/2013/0...lion-14201.htm

Banned
    Load Metric
    The marketplace is a complete joke now, especially with the advent of sites like YouStake. I tried to poke fun at this by putting up a Main Event listing at 1.9 markup (99% of action), and my profile was never approved by YouStake.

Casey is doing it for reals, and his numbers aren't even that far off from mine! I wonder where the line is drawn.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    The marketplace is a complete joke now, especially with the advent of sites like YouStake. I tried to poke fun at this by putting up a Main Event listing at 1.9 markup (99% of action), and my profile was never approved by YouStake.

Casey is doing it for reals, and his numbers aren't even that far off from mine! I wonder where the line is drawn.
    This, people can put up these bullshit packages but good luck selling out. lol at Casey and his 1.8% markup. I would rather invest in Thomas

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    This, people can put up these bullshit packages but good luck selling out. lol at Casey and his 1.8% markup. I would rather invest in Thomas
    You're in luck! It seems that YouStake is now on auto-approve.

https://youstake.com/projects?PID=1252

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Hilarious.

For those of you not keeping score at home, if all 99% of Srsly's Main Event gets bought, people will end up paying him $19,701. He will be putting up the other 1% himself for $100.

So basically he would be guaranteed a minimum $9601 profit JUST FOR PLAYING, even if he busted on the first hand.

And he'd be on a 1% freeroll for anything he cashes.

Load Metric

"this package has been deleted"

bummer because I wanted to see how this one played out. at least you were truthful on it (i don't think you're a hack, but if that's how you feel)
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I wonder who deleted it.

Maybe someone at YouStake reads PFA and realized that this was a joke.

This should actually be a wake-up call to them. They should put some kind of limits for markup, at least to where the person playing can't be freerolling a profit just by showing up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I wonder who deleted it.

This should actually be a wake-up call to them. They should put some kind of limits for markup, at least to where the person playing can't be freerolling a profit just by showing up.

I'm on the fence on that one bc I believe in free market capitalism. after all, in the end, it's your choice to buy in right?
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I wonder who deleted it.

Srsly tweeted it as well so it's more likely someone involved with YouStake saw that and took it down or Srsly just pulled it himself.

While some of these pros are charging what we feel is way too much markup it's the investors decision to pay that rate or not.

As good as Fedor Holz has ran in Aria high rollers (took 3rd the other day for another $400k) people would probably pay huge markup for those events and his wsop main event if he was selling, which he wouldn't.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I did not pull the listing. I did tweet about it quite a bit, and tagged @YouStake several times.

I'm all for free market, personal responsibility, caveat emptor, etc. If suckers want to buy overpriced packages, they should be free to do so. But I do think it's unethical to sell packages at ridiculous markup when you know it's -EV for investors, especially to friends and family who are clueless about poker and typical ROIs.

I'm also just not a fan of crowdfunding in general. It's one thing to make a business proposition that's mutually beneficial, but most of these campaigns are emotional appeals and cries for help. It is digital panhandling. No matter how desperate I ever become, I can not see myself losing all dignity and begging for money on the internet. I would rather be broke than ashamed.

Anyway, YouStake needs to make up its mind. Be laissez faire or crack down. If my package was deemed predatory or unfair, then they have a lot more work to do with all the other bullshit packages on their site. But if you are going to interfere, it's not easy to justify. Jamie Gold's 1.5 MU is obviously retarded, but you can't really prove it. If you let it run wild, people are going to get scammed, but then again, that's probably inevitable anyway.

Either way, site = joke imo.

Load Metric

I'm all for free market, personal responsibility, caveat emptor, etc. If suckers want....
    You really are on the wrong site.

This needs to be lightly regulated.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Anyway, YouStake needs to make up its mind. Be laissez faire or crack down. If my package was deemed predatory or unfair, then they have a lot more work to do with all the other bullshit packages on their site. But if you are going to interfere, it's not easy to justify. Jamie Gold's 1.5 MU is obviously retarded, but you can't really prove it. If you let it run wild, people are going to get scammed, but then again, that's probably inevitable anyway.

Either way, site = joke imo.
    Even if you have a good idea why they pulled it did you ask them just to see what they say?

If they claim some BS about you making a mockery of their services then that is stupid as hell because you're not doing anything wrong by putting it up. It's no different then what others are doing even if they have some tournament results.

Just like anything you purchase in life you should do your research. If someone is dumb enough to buy pieces at crazy markup then they probably don't research anything they purchase in life so they would have burned the money elsewhere imo.

I do think it's a dirty tactic for those who sell to their family and closest friends pieces at a mark up if they don't know anything about poker but some of these buyers do, yet they will pay a rate unfair to them regardless.

Thread Information