Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA Bubble Playoffs 2020 Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

now they're fucking with the money...now this shit got real...
    I was making the observation in wagering or MLB relative to the trade deadline that prolly few moves get made cause COVID killed the money. More serious than anyone gives credit for yet in all sports.
    Well, there you go GBCP. The Athletic has more than one article on teams like Cubs and Yankees laying off staff. Missed that previously but you just knew.

But again, MLB is not unique. I know you guys blindly worship the NFL but they are THE most financially exposed.

Quickly caught sight of Under Armour backing out of UCLA and Cal deals. Force Majeure cited.

You could spend hours diving down this sports financial rathole.

Athletes are committing financial suicide but I applaud the conviction.

The rookies, prospects, college and high school players of this era are gonna get screwed. Brutal. A common theme amongst many otherwise smart guys here is that “things will bounce back”. That is not how the world works. Usually even the smallest changes have cascading effects. The challenge is taking some stab at what those effects will be.

Comments

badguy23: yep and none of the rich care. Shits about to get real.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-26-2020 at 10:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    ill just leave this here...

guess the shit wasnt as real as i thought and these guys werent as savvy as i thought...lotta people gonna lose a lotttttttttta money over this...
    All bets action?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric

I was making the observation in wagering or MLB relative to the trade deadline that prolly few moves get made cause COVID killed the money. More serious than anyone gives credit for yet in all sports.
    Well, there you go GBCP. The Athletic has more than one article on teams like Cubs and Yankees laying off staff. Missed that previously but you just knew.

But again, MLB is not unique. I know you guys blindly worship the NFL but they are THE most financially exposed.

Quickly caught sight of Under Armour backing out of UCLA and Cal deals. Force Majeure cited.

You could spend hours diving down this sports financial rathole.

Athletes are committing financial suicide but I applaud the conviction.

The rookies, prospects, college and high school players of this era are gonna get screwed. Brutal. A common theme amongst many otherwise smart guys here is that “things will bounce back”. That is not how the world works. Usually even the smallest changes have cascading effects. The challenge is taking some stab at what those effects will be.
    100%...and the "middle class" of athlete is gonna get fucked the hardest...lebron can afford to go say 'fuck you' to playing this season...he doesnt care...he's got his shoe deal, other businesses, etc...but if the clawbacks on the TV money start happening because mickey mouse didnt get his produce, the cap is gonna go down leaving less money for that middle class of guys...superstars will always get paid in the NBA...

we definitely disagree on the NFL...and hell i may be proven EXTREMELY wrong i just think they're teflon...they are for the money at all costs...you're fucking with the money, you're out...dont care how talented you are...AB you are a headache and getting in the way, CUT...theres a line of guys 5 deep waiting to take your spot to get their payday...would have to take a mass exodus by the top guys to fuck the NFL...dont see that happening...new TV deal is about to be signed either after this season or next...going to be mind blowing numbers...those guys know the cap spike is coming...2-3 year average career...get it while you can...no time for fucking around...those guys cant be lebron and have a 20 year career...too much invested in themselves, too much pain, too much suffering with the brutality of the sport to fuck around...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    ill just leave this here...

guess the shit wasnt as real as i thought and these guys werent as savvy as i thought...lotta people gonna lose a lotttttttttta money over this...
    All bets action?
    i was talking about the tv networks, owners, and some players...

but yeah the books cant be too happy about this development either..

Load Metric
    Bluff called

Hollywood James. Trying too hard to be relevant

Load Metric
    What I'm seeing is the players voted to resume, after one more day of postponements today.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    What I'm seeing is the players voted to resume, after one more day of postponements today.
    yup...just gonna guess the NBA was on the hook for a pantsload if they didnt deliver content and that was made abundantly clear to the players...maybe im wrong, but most of this shit can be traced back to the almighty dollar...damn near always is...

NBA cant afford to have the cap come down...dont know what it exactly is this year, like $130 per team (?)...lets say they'd be forced to give back some of the TV money and the cap shrinks to $100-110...how you gonna pay the players when you have guys like john wall making $42ish per year...

Load Metric
    Not much NBA talk here this season, but I just wanted to acknowledge the 17 time NBA WORLD CHAMPION LOS ANGELES LAKERS!!! LeBron James with his 4th title & finals MVP. HOW SWEET IT IS!!!

Name:  121094118_4367215433294178_806020901030572562_n.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  57.3 KB
    Name:  blob.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  61.3 KB
    Name:  121107739_10219030894229098_7645009206567074533_n.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  27.1 KB

Diamond
    Load Metric
    actually u know what, fk simmons. i think he's dumb enough to date a kardashian and then even get back together with her for a bit

edit: wtf, i mustve accidentally clicked link at bottom of page

Thread Information