Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: WESTWORLD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Ok so I watched the first 2 back to back. Glad I waited to watch it that way because it just left me hanging too much after the first one. Really hoping by the 4th ep that they get cohesive with the Disneyworld of storylines and sorting out who the fuck all the players are.

• Nods to Sir Hopkins for his best Eldon Tyrell impersonation. Joe Turkell would be proud.
    • So the British kid on the cliff was Anthony Hopkins' bot of himself as a kid?
    • I like how the staff is fucking on the down low, because they always are irl.
    • Opening montage is god.
    • Ed Harris for lifetime Emmy Award.
    • If anyone approaches you at a casting and says you'd be perfect as a background extra for Westworld, turn it the fuck down. Looks great on paper but they really seem to be putting the background scenery through the meat grinder.
    • Thandie Newton gets special praise for showing great chops when the director told her to do the scene again, 'with 20% more aggro this time'. (i'm guessing)
    • Evan Rachel Wood should be cast in bronze.
    • My favorite scene was Michael Wincott as Old Bill. The stutter movements were just soooo good.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    More on the FX of Old Bill: https://www.inverse.com/article/2163...eyond-a-glitch

Anyway, looking forward to this being a one season deal because it's way too much for the average joe. I don't think people are ready to answer these questions in their own minds yet.

[twitter]787390703894757377[/twittter]

Thandie Newton's stock through the roof.

I really do hope they stabilize it and lean into a second season. I dont see how they can cancel it after one because they have so... much... money sunk into this already. Plus they are clearly trying to market it as their next GoT and sure as shit have no other candidates coming down the pipes. But that said, people tend to grossly over estimate HBO's production budgets, so who knows where the math breaks for a season 2..
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Just looked up the number of ep's slated: 10. I guess that splits the difference, because if it was gonna be 8 and I'd have to wait a year, I might have cut the ties early. Was really hoping that number was gonna be closer to 13.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

I really do hope they stabilize it and lean into a second season. I dont see how they can cancel it after one because they have so... much... money sunk into this already. Plus they are clearly trying to market it as their next GoT and sure as shit have no other candidates coming down the pipes. But that said, people tend to grossly over estimate HBO's production budgets, so who knows where the math breaks for a season 2..

Seems like Christmas may come early. The returns, like Thandie's stock, are also through the roof: http://deadline.com/2016/10/westworl...rm-1201830145/

Load Metric
    The more I look at how season 2 isnt signed, the weirder this whole thing gets, especially because apparently the writers are already working on it.

Seems like Christmas may come early. The returns, like Thandie's stock, are also through the roof: http://deadline.com/2016/10/westworl...rm-1201830145/

Like just devils advocate here.. what the fuck else were people going to watch tho? There is _nothing_ else on tv on Sundays and there hasnt been for quite a while. Also note that this article is almost 2 weeks old and there hasnt been any developments since.

Comments

4Dragons: see above numbers, it's a shoo in

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    The more I look at how season 2 isnt signed, the weirder this whole thing gets, especially because apparently the writers are already working on it.

Like just devils advocate here.. what the fuck else were people going to watch tho? There is _nothing_ else on tv on Sundays and there hasnt been for quite a while. Also note that this article is almost 2 weeks old and there hasnt been any developments since.

I've seen a bunch of shows beat the reaper because there was literally nothing to replace them in a mid-season dump. That being said, such a strong showing means that the people that were supposed to tune in and watch this show actually did. 3.3m eyeballs on its own is enough to give this show daughter dating privileges straight out of the gate.

Load Metric

I've seen a bunch of shows beat the reaper because there was literally nothing to replace them in a mid-season dump. That being said, such a strong showing means that the people that were supposed to tune in and watch this show actually did. 3.3m eyeballs on its own is enough to give this show daughter dating privileges straight out of the gate.

My brain tells me youre 100% right, my gut is telling me people are nervous and there isnt a lot of confidence that things wont crater soon, least of all when TWD starts airing.

Load Metric

My brain tells me youre 100% right, my gut is telling me people are nervous and there isnt a lot of confidence that things wont crater soon, least of all when TWD starts airing.

The numbers i'd like to see would be the new subscribers for HBO, based on their marketing for Westworld. That and the pointed demos on the HBOGO viewers. I mean they keep splintering the delivery systems, but the age group and new sub base would be the scrying eye that would set this in stone.

Comments

sonatine: cogey wogey

Load Metric
    Is this show a mess?

Because right now I feel like its a fucking mess.

Load Metric
    Like one minute its this incredible Cormac-esque Blood Meridian western and the next, Basquiat is getting weepy about his son... who died even tho they have 'defeated death' according to Anthony Hopkins, who is doubling down on being the absolute worst boss in the fucking world.

And the thing is the bloody western moments not only never last long enough, Im never really sure whose a host and whose a person so Im constantly at a total loss about what peripheral characters motives are.

Also honestly the woodchopper scene was just like, I dont even pretend to understand what happened there and I feel like thats getting old.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Is this show a mess?

Because right now I feel like its a fucking mess.

when do you actually carve out time to take a 'fishing trip' or enjoy your life ?

from a purely observational standpoint, you seem to be content parking your ass in your computer chair day after day watching TV endlessly and posting/lurking/trolling on PFA 24/7

probably several other sites we don't know about

any feedback on this ?

Load Metric
    Like one minute its this incredible Cormac-esque Blood Meridian western and the next, Basquiat is getting weepy about his son... who died even tho they have 'defeated death' according to Anthony Hopkins, who is doubling down on being the absolute worst boss in the fucking world.

And the thing is the bloody western moments not only never last long enough, Im never really sure whose a host and whose a person so Im constantly at a total loss about what peripheral characters motives are.

Also honestly the woodchopper scene was just like, I dont even pretend to understand what happened there and I feel like thats getting old.
    The show is walking the fine line between prescient, high-brow sci-fi and the wild west version of Fantasy Island. If Dick Van Patten steps off that train in an episode, we'll have our answer.

Comments

sonatine: wow.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Looked like it was going to be much better then it actually is in previews imo. Pretty boring actually. Not even Dennis Hopper can save it. Maybe because im not that into westerns.

Load Metric

Guy comes off as a pessimist to me. I've asked myself many of those questions and many of the others to me are just a Director doing his job and I've learned over time to ween my jaundiced eye and just enjoy the show. I take a more pragmatic look at the plot lines and who the main focus of who's 'eyes' we are actually seeing this story through. I see the repetitiveness of the daily 'reset' as a Groundhog Day scenario and quite necessary to facilitate a daily influx of guests arriving in the park. Kind of like Warcraft I guess? You go into town and get a mission or fuckoff at the tavern for awhile until you decide where your game will take you. I just wonder if that writer is really outraged by the scenario's that are being setup in Westworld, or if he's just trying to suck up to some teet sucking group that pays him to write? Either way, I'm glad that the moral questions are being asked, because if we don't ask them literally right now, it will be too late when I hit the on switch on my first build.
    Last edited by 4Dragons; 10-17-2016 at 12:01 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Looked like it was going to be much better then it actually is in previews imo. Pretty boring actually. Not even Dennis Hopper can save it. Maybe because im not that into westerns.
    Watched the 3ird episode and went to sleep during the damn thing. Missed about 10 to 15 minutes. The show lacks intensity and moves too slow. Last episode was a complete dud.

Gold
    Load Metric
    http://www.businessinsider.com/westw...aign=buffer-ti

i was kind of into this theory on man in black's identity/backstory but it pretty much got blown up at the end of last episode

Load Metric
    This is not going well.

I might binge it at the end of the season, but it's not good enough to want to watch every week an hour at a time. Besides looking great, it's an absolute mess.

Load Metric
    I think I just watched filler.

Yeah, I just watched filler.

Load Metric
    I think I just watched filler.

Yeah, I just watched filler.

Im super tired of trying to guess at plot twists that havent even been brought up yet. EG which one of the corporate staff is a robot, so on.

And I wouldnt have to go down those paths if the plot lines in front of us were being developed artfully.

This is basically morphing into Twin Peaks with robots.

Comments

rum dick: twin peaks with robots sounds like the greatest show ever

Load Metric
    Dolores sfobv the log lady.

Thread Information