Thread: immediate Attention: SixToedPete

Silver
    Load Metric

immediate Attention: SixToedPete

I just watched the last 5 minutes of PSMSNBC. The fucking turncoat Joe Scarborough suggested that the Repulicans are getting weaker as the DNC rolls out their propoganda.

I thought this was in the bag. As the elder statesman of PFA, I assume this is just a blip on the radar screen.

Advise.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieBensonFan View Post
    I just watched the last 5 minutes of PSMSNBC. The fucking turncoat Joe Scarborough suggested that the Repulicans are getting weaker as the DNC rolls out their propoganda.

I thought this was in the bag. As the elder statesman of PFA, I assume this is just a blip on the radar screen.

Advise.
    I've been voting straight Republican Ticket since 1992. Flipping to Democrat this year because of the anti online-poker plank in the Republican platform.

Obama is easily the most incompetent president we've had since Carter but those idiot Christians are trying to run my vote out of the party.
    Tradition is a set of solutions for which we have forgotten the problems.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post

Advise.
    I've been voting straight Republican Ticket since 1992. Flipping to Democrat this year because of the anti online-poker plank in the Republican platform.

Obama is easily the most incompetent president we've had since Carter but those idiot Christians are trying to run my vote out of the party.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post

LOL

Good point

Gary Coleman would have made a much better President than Obama. Even the dead version of Coleman is preferred.

Load Metric

Advise.

Just one point. Its Congress who makes laws the Platform doesnt mean shit never has in the end. If one needs any proof look at the ramrod stunt the DNC pulled yesterday to change their platform despite obvious clear opposition to the changes regarding God and Jerusalem (no way in hell was it 2/3s in fact Id dare say it was in fact majority against), but then again Obama has done his fair share of ramming crap through and bypassing Congress if he thinks he can get away with it. One thing to consider Yes Bush was in the White House when UIGEA passed during a dirty sneaky stunt by the Republican Senate but here's the point I want to make. Who the hell was in charge of the DOJ when Black Friday went down?? Hmm I believe it was Obama and his Atty General who has nothing but contempt for the laws of this country running guns into Mexico among other things. So while you can blame the Republicans all you want it was a DEMOCRATIC Executive Office that brought about Black Friday nobodyelse... BTW as a side note before you make your final decision in November go see 2016 I went with an open mind knowing how some have accused it of being propaganda but it makes much more sense in the end it explain alot of Obama's activities then you'd think (there's no birther accusations or anything just lays out his upbringing and his influences in life).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

Just one point. Its Congress who makes laws the Platform doesnt mean shit never has in the end. If one needs any proof look at the ramrod stunt the DNC pulled yesterday to change their platform despite obvious clear opposition to the changes regarding God and Jerusalem (no way in hell was it 2/3s in fact Id dare say it was in fact majority against), but then again Obama has done his fair share of ramming crap through and bypassing Congress if he thinks he can get away with it. One thing to consider Yes Bush was in the White House when UIGEA passed during a dirty sneaky stunt by the Republican Senate but here's the point I want to make. Who the hell was in charge of the DOJ when Black Friday went down?? Hmm I believe it was Obama and his Atty General who has nothing but contempt for the laws of this country running guns into Mexico among other things. So while you can blame the Republicans all you want it was a DEMOCRATIC Executive Office that brought about Black Friday nobodyelse... BTW as a side note before you make your final decision in November go see 2016 I went with an open mind knowing how some have accused it of being propaganda but it makes much more sense in the end it explain alot of Obama's activities then you'd think (there's no birther accusations or anything just lays out his upbringing and his influences in life).
    I know the Dems don't get near the criticism the should for the state of poker in the USA or their hand in BF. Preet Bharara was nominated by Chuck Schumer, a very anti poker and powerful Dem. senator. I have never seen one word of complaint about Schumer's role in Black Friday.

Schumer's opinion of internet gambling
    http://www.schumer.senate.gov/Newsro...89&&year=2005&

The point with the Republican platform IMO, is that is where the Republicans majority's hearts are at. To me this plank makes no sense. I can't imagine one person that would vote for the Reps. that wouldn't already vote because of this plank being added, but certainly has the potential to drive some voters away. One vote for sure.

I like Romney, and before the plank was added, hoped he might see the tax benefit to regulated internet poker and add a hand or at least look the other way to its being legalized. I think that's much more difficult now.

For me it comes down to this, If Romney is elected, internet poker is probably finished in the USA. If Obama wins, there is a small to decent chance it survives.

I do share a small bit of responsibility in this whole mess.

In 1994, I voted for Bill Frist.
    Last edited by herbertstemple; 09-07-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Load Metric

Obama is easily the most incompetent president we've had since Carter
    Carter sure spent way too much but it terms of fucking up the country and with generous amounts of spillover to the rest of the world I wonder where were you during the George W. Bush years?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post

Obama is easily the most incompetent president we've had since Carter
    Carter sure spent way too much but it terms of fucking up the country and with generous amounts of spillover to the rest of the world I wonder where were you during the George W. Bush years?
    Carter is everyone's go to President to bag on.

History is a bit kinder:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histori..._United_States
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post

History is a bit kinder:
    If Carter was such a good President. the why was he beat so soundly by Reagan in 1980?

Ronald Reagan Jimmy Carter
    Electoral vote 489 49
    States carried 44 6 + DC
    Popular vote 43,903,230 35,480,115
    Percentage 50.7% 41.0%

High inflation > 10% that's unheard of today

A spike in gas prices and more gas lines,

7.5 % unemployment(actually a good number by Obama standards)

The hostages, which he accomplished absolutely nothing.

The failed rescue attempt with Iranian troops proudly displaying the dead American soldiers bodies. A terrible moment in American History.

That highly publicized idiotic speech he made when he told America he "didn't have all the answers".

37% job approval rating at the time of the 1980 election. Can't blame the hostage crisis because on NOV 4 1979 his approval rating was only 32% and had been in that range for 6 months previously.

On the + side the Israel/Egypt treaty was a major move in the right direction which Obama may have blundered away(the more I think about this idiot the harder it's going to be to vote for him.

Also I agreed with him withdrawing the USA from the 1980 Olympics in Moscow because of the Russian invasion of Afghanistan but not that many people did.

Anyone that claims Carter was a historicaly successful president is simply misrepresenting history and is a great indicator of how Democrat leaning academia is. Just ask your self the question "Why did Carter lose so badly in 1980?"

As for Bush 43, can't argue he had problems but we had several years of reasonable unemployment and he did have the balls to take the fight to those maniacs in the middle east, something Carter did not have the courage to do.

Load Metric

History is a bit kinder:
    If Carter was such a good President. the why was he beat so soundly by Reagan in 1980?

Electoral vote 489 49
    States carried 44 6 + DC
    Percentage 50.7% 41.0%

The failed rescue attempt with Iranian troops proudly displaying the dead American soldiers bodies. A terrible moment in American History.

That highly publicized idiotic speech he made when he told America he "didn't have all the answers".

37% job approval rating at the time of the 1980 election. Can't blame the hostage crisis because on NOV 4 1979 his approval rating was only 32% and had been in that range for 6 months previously.

On the + side the Israel/Egypt treaty was a major move in the right direction which Obama may have blundered away(the more I think about this idiot the harder it's going to be to vote for him.

Also I agreed with him withdrawing the USA from the 1980 Olympics in Moscow because of the Russian invasion of Afghanistan but not that many people did.

Anyone that claims Carter was a historicaly successful president is simply misrepresenting history and is a great indicator of how Democrat leaning academia is. Just ask your self the question "Why did Carter lose so badly in 1980?"

As for Bush 43, can't argue he had problems but we had several years of reasonable unemployment and he did have the balls to take the fight to those maniacs in the middle east, something Carter did not have the courage to do.
    Kind of answered your own question there. It was Ronald Regan!

It also didn't help that those in his own party (Ted Kennedy) were out to get him.

I'm not completely defending his presidency but like the link I provided shows he isn't the total disaster some make him out to be.

Also, this:

Load Metric

Electoral vote 489 49
    States carried 44 6 + DC
    Percentage 50.7% 41.0%

It also didn't help that those in his own party (Ted Kennedy) were out to get him.

I'm not completely defending his presidency but like the link I provided shows he isn't the total disaster some make him out to be.

Also, this:
    My points were a reaction to the link you posted. Jimmy Carter as the 11th or 12th best President we ever had?? That just cant be. Things were terrible the last couple of years of his Presidency. He had no business being President.

Carter alinated congress early on. He sent a lot of legislation to them early in his presidency and ordered them to get to work on it. This didn't go over well and he never recovered from it as far as congress was concerned. Ted Kennedy never liked anything from the south that wasn't black.

Below is a make up of the senate and congress in 1977. Carter had the chance to accomplish a lot.

SENATE

Democrat (61 seats)
    Republican (37 seats)
    Independant (1)
    Conservative (1)

CONGRESS

Democratic (D): 292
    Republican (R): 143

One more negative/positive I remembered.

In 1978 the Carter administration(with the help of the Mexican govt) sprayed the Mexican marijuana fields with paraquat(Roundup) to kill the weed and help with the drug problem. Not so bad though, the Mexicans just harvested the weed and sent it to the USA anyway. The stuff was going for $8-$10(regular was $25-$30) an ounce for a few months. Not a bad deal. Jimmy just couldn't do anything right.

In 1980, few people thought Reagan was a genius or hero. The Democrats thought he was an absolute goofball. I come from a long line of Yellow Dog Democrats, and I know he was laughed at by a lot of people. There was no Rush Limbaugh, Fox News or Washington Times in 1980. That election was much more about turning out Carter instead of electing Reagan.

Load Metric

Also, this:
    My points were a reaction to the link you posted. Jimmy Carter as the 11th or 12th best President we ever had?? That just cant be. Things were terrible the last couple of years of his Presidency. He had no business being President.

Carter alinated congress early on. He sent a lot of legislation to them early in his presidency and ordered them to get to work on it. This didn't go over well and he never recovered from it as far as congress was concerned. Ted Kennedy never liked anything from the south that wasn't black.

Below is a make up of the senate and congress in 1977. Carter had the chance to accomplish a lot.

SENATE

Democrat (61 seats)
    Republican (37 seats)
    Independant (1)
    Conservative (1)

CONGRESS

In 1978 the Carter administration(with the help of the Mexican govt) sprayed the Mexican marijuana fields with paraquat(Roundup) to kill the weed and help with the drug problem. Not so bad though, the Mexicans just harvested the weed and sent it to the USA anyway. The stuff was going for $8-$10(regular was $25-$30) an ounce for a few months. Not a bad deal. Jimmy just couldn't do anything right.

In 1980, few people thought Reagan was a genius or hero. The Democrats thought he was an absolute goofball. I come from a long line of Yellow Dog Democrats, and I know he was laughed at by a lot of people. There was no Rush Limbaugh, Fox News or Washington Times in 1980. That election was much more about turning out Carter instead of electing Reagan.
    Are you inferring that the voting population gets things right???? Or more importantly, that how someone is perceived in the present dictates how they are viewed in the future?

Reagan had a 35% approval rating in Jan 1983... Truman was 22% in Feb 1952... Hell if George Bush proves to be right about supply-side economics *GIGGLES* history could look very differently on him.

Carter's somewhat bump in the rankings likely has a lot to do with his post-presidential projects, and he did broker the Egypt/Israel peace treaty, probably the most important treaty in the modern Middle East
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric

LOL

Good point

Gary Coleman would have made a much better President than Obama. Even the dead version of Coleman is preferred.
    he ran for governor of Callyphornia and lost, instead we got the Governator

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post

SENATE

Democrat (61 seats)
    Republican (37 seats)
    Independant (1)
    Conservative (1)

CONGRESS

Are you inferring that the voting population gets things right???? Or more importantly, that how someone is perceived in the present dictates how they are viewed in the future?

Reagan had a 35% approval rating in Jan 1983... Truman was 22% in Feb 1952... Hell if George Bush proves to be right about supply-side economics *GIGGLES* history could look very differently on him.

Carter's somewhat bump in the rankings likely has a lot to do with his post-presidential projects, and he did broker the Egypt/Israel peace treaty, probably the most important treaty in the modern Middle East
    Are any of you guys sticking up for Carter old enough to remember his administration? I turned 18, 6 days before his inauguration. I not reading this out of a history book.

The first two years were actually pretty good. The economy started rebounding. Early on he had some trouble with one of his cabinet nominations, Bert Lance or Vance, eventually had to withdraw it, kind of routine hot water that a president gets into from time to time. The trouble with congress I thought was the congress acting like a bunch of babies. Also routine.

Then the price of gas started to spike. $0.63 a gallon in 78 to $0.86 in 79 an $1.25 in 80, after being relative stable since the first oil crisis in 73/74. The economy started slowing down, then the hostages were taken. On top of this inflation rates started going up, and the president didn't do anything to help or even rally the country. Then that failed rescue mission to free the hostages. Are you guys even aware of that? Not as bad as 9/11, but still a terrible jolt to the country and a very helpless and humiliating feeling to be an American.

When the country needed a leader it did not have one.

Yes, the Israel/Egypt treaty was very important. In the 60s and 70s Israel and Egypt went at it several times and may well have been a matter of time before it escalated far outside their borders. Carter was warned not to get involved numerous times, but to his credit pulled it off.

IMO, Carters skills and courage were much better suited for a diplomat and not a world leader.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post

Are any of you guys sticking up for Carter old enough to remember his administration? I turned 18, 6 days before his inauguration. I not reading this out of a history book.

The better question is did you read my post???

The first two years were actually pretty good. The economy started rebounding. Early on he had some trouble with one of his cabinet nominations, Bert Lance or Vance, eventually had to withdraw it, kind of routine hot water that a president gets into from time to time. The trouble with congress I thought was the congress acting like a bunch of babies. Also routine.

Then the price of gas started to spike. $0.63 a gallon in 78 to $0.86 in 79 an $1.25 in 80, after being relative stable since the first oil crisis in 73/74. The economy started slowing down, then the hostages were taken. On top of this inflation rates started going up, and the president didn't do anything to help or even rally the country. Then that failed rescue mission to free the hostages. Are you guys even aware of that? Not as bad as 9/11, but still a terrible jolt to the country and a very helpless and humiliating feeling to be an American.

When the country needed a leader it did not have one.

Yes, the Israel/Egypt treaty was very important. In the 60s and 70s Israel and Egypt went at it several times and may well have been a matter of time before it escalated far outside their borders. Carter was warned not to get involved numerous times, but to his credit pulled it off.

IMO, Carters skills and courage were much better suited for a diplomat and not a world leader.

Apparently you did read my post, since this is basically what I said
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Banned
    Load Metric

Advise.
    I'm not a registered Republican but I will vote for Mitt Romney.

Joe Scarborough is MSNBC's token RINO. He's a joke.

The 2012 Presidential race has never been 'in the bag' for either candidate.

Romney has been making gains nationally and in some important swing states but this is a very close race.

Thread Information