Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Amy Schumer's Netflix special rated 1 star -- is the alt right to blame?

Load Metric
    Also, chubbie white girl. thought that was your style?

Comments

lewfather: UH OH LARE HEATING UP TODD
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Name:  Griffin Benger-1468913191047_tcm1541-312511.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  232.0 KB

I know what this guy would be saying right now

Comments

thesidedish: HA! canadien SJW that made us all look like a bunch of faggots, thanks alot
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Druff is easily the biggest misogynist on PFA but Amy Schumer just isn't funny. Never has been in my mind. I don't recall Druff ever writing or speaking nicely of any women ever without a but somewhere in the same sentence. Cate Hall is attractive, but......ad nauseam.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Druff is easily the biggest misogynist on PFA but Amy Schumer just isn't funny. Never has been in my mind. I don't recall Druff ever writing or speaking nicely of any women ever without a but somewhere in the same sentence. Cate Hall is attractive, but......ad nauseam.

I really enjoyed Schumer's early work, I legit think this is some of the funniest shit out there:

3 solid lol's and a half hearted but sincere guffaw and Ive watched this like a dozen+ times over the years.

But yeah she cant do a lot of her old material because a literal multi millionaire superstar cant really get on stage and complain about being the NYC equiv of poor white trash anymore, it doesnt play. So shes had to retool her act and it just isnt as funny, but you know, thats life.

Full disclosure: I also _love and respect_ Girls so yeah, thats me.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

I really enjoyed Schumer's early work, I legit think this is some of the funniest shit out there:

3 solid lol's and a half hearted but sincere guffaw and Ive watched this like a dozen+ times over the years.

But yeah she cant do a lot of her old material because a literal multi millionaire superstar cant really get on stage and complain about being the NYC equiv of poor white trash anymore, it doesnt play. So shes had to retool her act and it just isnt as funny, but you know, thats life.

It's funny but there's a big difference between having writers and working your own stand up material, can you point me towards some of her stand up that you find as funny?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    It's funny but there's a big difference between having writers and working your own stand up material, can you point me towards some of her stand up that you find as funny?

gonna be a big order.

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric

Im not prepared to make that effort, no. Her ancient Comedy Central standup shows were enjoyed by me. I wasnt rabid about them but as far as stand up comedy goes, I consider them toptopish.

And the thing people forget about writers; cultivating a team that can compliment your vibe is something very, very few comics pull off. There is nothing lazy about doing it, much less doing it right.

Here's a comprehensive list of all the scandals about rappers with ghost writers, for example:

No one gives a shit where the material comes from until they want to drag someone.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    this thread needs some legit stand up

Comments

Sanlmar: Classic

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Amy Schumer isn't toptop in anything related to comedy. Diceman is toptop.

Comments

ThreeBet: This is correct

Banned
    Load Metric

Im not prepared to make that effort, no. Her ancient Comedy Central standup shows were enjoyed by me. I wasnt rabid about them but as far as stand up comedy goes, I consider them toptopish.

And the thing people forget about writers; cultivating a team that can compliment your vibe is something very, very few comics pull off. There is nothing lazy about doing it, much less doing it right.

Here's a comprehensive list of all the scandals about rappers with ghost writers, for example:

No one gives a shit where the material comes from until they want to drag someone.
    Not sure if I agree about that, gareth sex's boy Drake was just under fire regarding ghost writers and most stand ups pride themselves on their own material. Often times asking other peers if they are stepping on toes regarding particular premises etc.

But sure generally speaking, your Amy Schumer fans probably don't give a fuck.

Banned
    Load Metric

The Day Laughter Died is one of the GOATEST albums of all time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's pretty much known that in general men don't think women are that funny. I'm a bit that way myself for stand-up but it's a small field to begin with. I heard someone say women don't need comedy the way men do, meaning making a girl laugh is an attention getter, while women tend to use their physical charms for similar results. It's not that they're incapable but they've got a lot of competition and are compared the the guys.

That said, this chic turns me off
    Name:  parks-and-recreation-amy-poehler_featured_photo_gallery.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  79.0 KB

Load Metric
    dude she was soooooooo good on UCB tho.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The Day Laughter Died is one of the GOATEST albums of all time.
    Dice is a dumb comic IMO, as people here talk about Shumer.
    He's a one trick prick.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm not familiar

Banned
    Load Metric
    UCB is dog shit, they don't pay their comics.

the more you know.

Comments

LarryLaffer: true

Load Metric
    I've heard limitless on radio before. Not surprised he thinks Schumer is just the greatest.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I've heard limitless on radio before. Not surprised he thinks Schumer is just the greatest.
    Also it's limitles, so grain of salt type of thing. However really surprised that tine is showing up for her too. His inner SJW angst balls are really showing. Girls was an okay show but come on, defending Schumer at this point is outrageous.
    Last edited by lewfather; 03-20-2017 at 02:31 PM.

Load Metric

the more you know.

UCB is literally underground theater and you're dragging them for not paying comics?

Banned
    Load Metric

the more you know.

UCB is literally underground theater and you're dragging them for not paying comics?
    They charge money at the door and do not pay any of the artists, so yes, tine, I'm going to drag them. Most comics know to avoid that place like the plague.

Thread Information