Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post

The only time Canelo ever beats Floyd, is when Floyd is too old to be a competitive fighter.
    fun fact, mayweather just announced his never fighting again after conor. which also makes me nervous.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

The only time Canelo ever beats Floyd, is when Floyd is too old to be a competitive fighter.
    fun fact, mayweather just announced his never fighting again after conor. which also makes me nervous.
    For sure. It's a legit concern. "Father Time is undefeated" and all that.

Any fighter not named Hopkins/Mayweather, at 40 years old, and I wouldn't be near as confident.

I honestly think Floyd has to be shot to absolute shit to lose to a guy with no professional boxing experience.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post

I never heard anyone say Pacquiao won that fight... He might have 2 MAYBE 3 rounds, but he was picked apart. I'd like to believe he really was badly injured, but he didn't have it anymore by the time he fought Mayweather. Mayweather's style of boxing has allowed him to be able to fight well into his late 30's and still be on top. I can tell you for certain though, that if he were to fight Canelo today, it would be a very different outcome than when Canelo was 21.

I think that time has arrived, hence why he is boxing an MMA fighter. His last 3 fights were not the best his division had to offer.
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric

I think that time has arrived, hence why he is boxing an MMA fighter. His last 3 fights were not the best his division had to offer.
    You could be right. It all depends on how much his reflexes have slowed. He hasn't taken the kind of punishment throughout his career to be the average 40 year old fighter, but not even that can control the reflexes slowing down.

Once he hits the point where he sees what's coming, but can no longer get away from it, he's beatable. Then a guy like Canelo could get him on the ropes and wear him out.

Load Metric
    Interesting note which potentially could make things more interesting.. Both Mayweather and McGregor have filed for a waiver to be able to use 8oz gloves in their fight.. NSAC rules state any fight above 147 is supposed to use 10oz gloves.. Not sure how this helps Floyd but could potentially make McGregor that much more dangerous smaller gloves means quicker and also harder strikes.. We shall see where this goes may not go anywhere..

Load Metric
    According to my boxing coach the smaller gloves will help Floyd even more. He thinks Conor still has pop with the 10oz gloves but that Floyd needs the added power. He also thinks Floyd likely believes he can deal with Conors speed (or lack of) at 8oz while the smaller the glove the more difficult it will be for Conor to avoid Floyd's counters. I actually think the smaller mitts will help Floyd more.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Fun fact

The Floyd Mayweather winning the fight before the 4th round bet pays better than the fight is canceled altogether bet.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    According to my boxing coach the smaller gloves will help Floyd even more. He thinks Conor still has pop with the 10oz gloves but that Floyd needs the added power. He also thinks Floyd likely believes he can deal with Conors speed (or lack of) at 8oz while the smaller the glove the more difficult it will be for Conor to avoid Floyd's counters. I actually think the smaller mitts will help Floyd more.

thats cool, but any factor whatsoever that moves the bar closer to conor's mma environment is overwhelmingly benefitting conor.

we both know who the better boxer is but you know... increasingly uneasy.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    If it's true that the only way Conner wins is with a lucky power punch then it defies logic to allow a rule change that in any way favors this outcome. Floyd does not need any more advantages to his game. He is basically moving the needle in the wrong direction. Perhaps that is what is needed to get the bookies out of a jam or to sell more PPV's?

This change surely isn't supported by what is advantageous to Floyd in the ring so it must favor some factor outside the ring.

Comments

sonatine: coge
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    In ever single previous simulation Floyd wins this fight by KO in the first round.

Comments

thesidedish: 10K FOR ME

Load Metric

thats cool, but any factor whatsoever that moves the bar closer to conor's mma environment is overwhelmingly benefitting conor.

Glove size doesn't make this anything close to an MMA fight, it's a boxing match. Everything is different, the distancing, the footwork, the effective defense. 8oz gloves are still a boxing glove and I think the smaller glove will actually make the speed and skill differential between the two larger. I think Mayweather fully believes the 8oz benefits him more than Conor. I really don't think this overwhelmingly benefits Conor at all, the only glove choice that would is one that has finger holes.

What should make you feel uneasy is the fact that it seems Conor held his own vs malignaggi. Paulie first claims to have beaten the bricks off Conor in sparring only to follow that up by conceding he lost their first sparring session and that Conor got the best of him rounds 1-5 in their second session. Conor can obviously box. That being said, Mayweather could beat Malignaggi in his sleep so the skill difference will still be enormous.

Malignaggi is also looking like an enormous baby through this all. What the fuck did he think was going to happen? Conor has to sell a fight and make people believe he can box. What a delicate man.

Comments

sonatine: interesting

Load Metric

Glove size doesn't make this anything close to an MMA fight, it's a boxing match. Everything is different, the distancing, the footwork, the effective defense. 8oz gloves are still a boxing glove and I think the smaller glove will actually make the speed and skill differential between the two larger. I think Mayweather fully believes the 8oz benefits him more than Conor. I really don't think this overwhelmingly benefits Conor at all, the only glove choice that would is one that has finger holes.

What should make you feel uneasy is the fact that it seems Conor held his own vs malignaggi. Paulie first claims to have beaten the bricks off Conor in sparring only to follow that up by conceding he lost their first sparring session and that Conor got the best of him rounds 1-5 in their second session. Conor can obviously box. That being said, Mayweather could beat Malignaggi in his sleep so the skill difference will still be enormous.

Malignaggi is also looking like an enormous baby through this all. What the fuck did he think was going to happen? Conor has to sell a fight and make people believe he can box. What a delicate man.

Soooooooooooo Conor paid a guy to spar with him and after all the drama dust had cleared everyone believes that Pauley got beat? If Pauley comes out right after this and says, "OMG he kicked my ass. This guy can fight", everyone would assume he's lying and simply saying what he was paid to say. But if they do it this way and act like Pauley's feelings were hurt everyone will actually believe Conor beat him. I have not one iota of Illuminati training and even I can sniff that one out. That sparring session and the media stuff after it was almost for sure all planned out before Pauley even signed on to be part of that three stop press tour.

Also I'm not a boxing guy so you'd have to ask JMM but to me it seems super unbelievable that Pauley or anyone is giving his all in a pre fight sparring session. (especially a fight of this magnitude) So the thought that the results could hurt Pauley's feelings in something where he isn't expected to go 100 percent is preposterous right from the gate.

Load Metric
    What should make you feel uneasy is the fact that it seems Conor held his own vs malignaggi. Paulie first claims to have beaten the bricks off Conor in sparring only to follow that up by conceding he lost their first sparring session and that Conor got the best of him rounds 1-5 in their second session.

How big was the bag of money he was sitting on when he said this tho?

Comments

Deal: believe nothing they say

Load Metric

I'd be pissed too though if another fighter demeaned me by making it look like he kicked my ass and stood over me when it was a push. That was a shitty move. Paulie was a decent boxer and a champion but no where near Mayweatehrs league. But Paulie is still a proud boxer and obviously didn't take kindly to being punked by a loud mouth that he was helping get ready for a match

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: HOW DO YOU BELIEVE THIS? HOW HOW HOW PLEEEEZ JMMM GET IN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    JMM deserves a custom title. Submitted with respect:

Resident Boxing Expert

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: cosigned

JMM: I think I used to have one, but it's been a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric

Load Metric

I'd be pissed too though if another fighter demeaned me by making it look like he kicked my ass and stood over me when it was a push. That was a shitty move. Paulie was a decent boxer and a champion but no where near Mayweatehrs league. But Paulie is still a proud boxer and obviously didn't take kindly to being punked by a loud mouth that he was helping get ready for a match
    Yeah I agree, it would be a blow to the ego but Paulie has a more delicate ego than most. He's lost his mind on Twitter over this. Perhaps some of it is also by design if I'm trying to be charitable? He's already talking about a boxing match with Conor after the Mayweather fight is done. The ground work is there for a grudge match.

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: It's either by design or it's not. To think some of it is by design but not all is even more retarded than your other post.

sonatine: brittney wants attention offset

Load Metric
    sonatine: brittney wants attention offset

Who doesn't?

But also it's very frustrating to even fathom someone believing this guy was actually frustrated. For fucks sake he's so part of the show that he was literally the host of that first press conference posted right in this thread. Then on top of that do people actually think he went into a fucking sparring match with a killer instinct, trying his hardest with hopes of knocking out the guy paying him right before the fight? People have zero common sense. I know you are all trolling but god fucking damn if you aren't convincing sometimes.

JMM GET YOUR ASS IN HERE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE. I CAN'T FUCKING TAKE THIS ANYMORE.

Comments

Deal: Deep State at work

Load Metric
    re: glove size. I think it benefits Floyd to the extent that, he knows he's going to touch Conor whenever he wants, and he has no real fear of Conor, regardless of glove size.

Also, I'm on record saying that Floyd will be the puncher in this fight. Conor is getting stopped imo regardless of 8 or 10oz. I truly believe that.

re: Paulie - The concerning part should be for Conor backers. Paulie is shot to shit. He was fat, and off the couch for this sparring. One of Conor's other sparring partners said "It wasn't one sided either way, but I thought Conor was clearly the winner."

If you want to have a chance at beating Floyd Mayweather, you had better goddamn well do better than "not one sided either way" against old, shot, fat, Paulie Malignaggi.

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: not what I wanted to read but I respect your opinion

Load Metric
    Also, it's really hard to know what's real, and what's just an attempt at building the hype for the fight.

The whole fucking thing feels WWE-ish.

I'm just sitting back with hope that it's a real fight, and not just a spectacle, because if it's a real fight, Floyd is going to fuck this dude up.

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit:

Thread Information