Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Adult Swim - Rick and Morty

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Pretty sure the teenage ATL intern that put that up got canned. Hes not like THAT wrong but duh not funny and who the fuck are you dude?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    It was me lol at your nerd dragon show

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Pretty sure the teenage ATL intern that put that up got canned. Hes not like THAT wrong but duh not funny and who the fuck are you dude?

he 100% should be shitcanned. whether or not he's right, _everyone_ thought that was a comment from the R&M staff. thats real murky territory, legally.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    It was me lol at your nerd dragon show
    Nice try, no white people live in atlanta

Comments

sonatine: got that man
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post

he 100% should be shitcanned. whether or not he's right, _everyone_ thought that was a comment from the R&M staff. thats real murky territory, legally.
    Really?

I kept seeing people say that, but I didn't understand it because Adult Swim has been putting up those snarky bumps for more than a decade, and it's always been clear they have nothing to do with the show being run.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Really?

I kept seeing people say that, but I didn't understand it because Adult Swim has been putting up those snarky bumps for more than a decade, and it's always been clear they have nothing to do with the show being run.

the context it was being discussed in everywhere was 'omg R&M showrunners took shooooots at GoT yall'. it wasnt until harmon disavowed responsibility that the narrative changed. so for literally days, that little comment has been percolating through HBO's executive infrastructure. and thats a serious grudge based ecosystem. if harmon was like "fuck hbo, fuck got, im never working with any of those clowns" and he posted it, ok cool whatever, but this is the type of industry where you never get told youre not working with someone because of a snarky comment blurb after your show, your calls simply dont get returned, options dont get renewed, so on. so the fact that virtually everyone stood around the watercooler for days attributing that comment to harmon is actually legitimately bad from a bottom line perspective for harmon.

i think the legal boundaries for satire address exactly that; if a fake ad in a newspaper isnt 'fake enough', to the point where a viewer might attribute the contents to the company the fake ad presents itself as coming from, its defamation.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    EVIL MORTY THEME SONG IN THE HOOOOOOOOOOUSE

Comments

Suicide King: On loop

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Really?

the context it was being discussed in everywhere was 'omg R&M showrunners took shooooots at GoT yall'. it wasnt until harmon disavowed responsibility that the narrative changed. so for literally days, that little comment has been percolating through HBO's executive infrastructure. and thats a serious grudge based ecosystem. if harmon was like "fuck hbo, fuck got, im never working with any of those clowns" and he posted it, ok cool whatever, but this is the type of industry where you never get told youre not working with someone because of a snarky comment blurb after your show, your calls simply dont get returned, options dont get renewed, so on. so the fact that virtually everyone stood around the watercooler for days attributing that comment to harmon is actually legitimately bad from a bottom line perspective for harmon.

i think the legal boundaries for satire address exactly that; if a fake ad in a newspaper isnt 'fake enough', to the point where a viewer might attribute the contents to the company the fake ad presents itself as coming from, its defamation.
    I agree. Don't blame him for clarifying and being pissed.

I'm just surprised the media was fooled by this, because Adult Swim bumps have been around for well over 10 years.

But I guess it just takes one idiot to publish an article about Rick and Morty's "sick burn" against Game of Thrones, and the copycats repeated it everywhere.

Load Metric
    Let us not forget if the writer(s) of Rick and Morty are shitting on the writing of Game of Thrones it's because they are 110% right.

Load Metric
    Just got caught up.

This weeks episode was the best one in the whole series if you are into "a message".

Normally I would say this show is getting too big for its own good but this last show was done so well I hope they do more.

Comments

varys: The layers

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post
    I watched it last night and was smiling the entire time.. they get so deep into scientific theories and overall perception of life and reality. Unless you've studied a bit of philosophy and physics it's tough to know exactly what they are poking fun at, but if you have and catch all the subtle jokes you realize it's pure genius.... Best 22 minutes of television this year.... Not to say you still can't enjoy it if you aren't into philosophy or physics... but it helps... from the opening credits they brought it hard this episode.
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE.

As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. ��

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid ��

Comments

El Gallo: I'm getting a Pickle Rick tatoo

Dan Druff: ��

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    I watched it last night and was smiling the entire time.. they get so deep into scientific theories and overall perception of life and reality. Unless you've studied a bit of philosophy and physics it's tough to know exactly what they are poking fun at, but if you have and catch all the subtle jokes you realize it's pure genius.... Best 22 minutes of television this year.... Not to say you still can't enjoy it if you aren't into philosophy or physics... but it helps... from the opening credits they brought it hard this episode.
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE.

As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎
    *personal

Banned
    Load Metric
    I don't have to take this sass from a 130 IQ plebeian.

Load Metric

As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

Name:  21752356_1943139192623625_6236656163882693545_n.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  23.5 KB

Comments

SrslySirius: lolwat if sapiosexual is a racist concept, does that mean some races are intellectually inferior?

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_6045.PNG
Views: 332
Size:  612.2 KB

As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 

Load Metric
    I don't have to take this sass from a 130 IQ plebeian.
    OK lol wow

Load Metric

As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 
    i hope you are just letting everyone else in on the joke and you didn't really think SS actually wrote that himself

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    i hope you are just letting everyone else in on the joke and you didn't really think SS actually wrote that himself
    Maybe....

Comments

sonatine: GET HIM

Load Metric
    IF ITS NOT TOO MUCH TROUBLE ID LIKE TO DISCUSS tHE FACT THAT MR POOPY BUtthOLE PROPOSED to MORTY AND MORTY CLEARLY ACCEPteD

Comments

michael: so good

Load Metric
    When Beth snap picks Summer over Morty, hahahahahaha

Thread Information