Page 51 of 223 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Sanders is going to take New Hampshire because of its proximity and similarity to Vermont.
    In point of fact, NH is a bedroom community for Massachusetts. Those two are most similar.

The bulk of the population is at the Mass border living the tax free life and racking up the miles as they commute an hour or more to Boston and environs. Otherwise they serve the Mass residents looking to avoid sales tax.

Lotta little liberal colleges and kids who have found affordable housing, as well. Sanders is their binky.

Mass political radio just loves bashing Warren. I don’t listen too often but it’s a thing.
    That’s because Boston, with its history of old family/blue blood money, and options compensation-heavy tech companies, as well a strongly financial services industry, has a long history of having similar attitudes towards financial market regulation as Wall Streeters. They just doesn’t have as many financial markets operators as the Big Apple, so it usually flies under the public radar when people say “Wall Street” and “1%ers”.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    The End of Betomania

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/02/u...o-orourke.html

Even his dog knew Beto O'Rourke wouldn't become President.

Time to get rid of a lot more of these fuckers that are running for President that have no chance.

Load Metric
    I'd like to see him work on his brand and run again. He could slipstream in behind just about any moderate and be a white Obama.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    I'd like to see him work on his brand and run again. He could slipstream in behind just about any moderate and be a white Obama.
    Beto is a lightweight and an empty suit. He doesn't have Obama's smarts or savvy and has been out of his depth since announcing.

Comments

OSA: did he use those smarts when he got played by Iran or when he turned black people against the police?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by diggydow View Post
    Today's new CNN / New Hampshire poll:

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Going back on Nov 9 to continue volunteering.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...a-spoiler.html

a bit hysterical but it aint exactly wrong.

thoughts?
    This is extremely biased and aimed at proving the same wacky theories that have been thrown at Tulsi ever since she refused to bend the knee to Hillary Clinton in 2016.

The author claims Tulsi is "working closely" with the Hill TV and Sean Hannity. This is based on Tulsi giving them an interview. That's it. By that standard, Tulsi is also "working with" Joe Rogan, every single MSM network in the US, Bill Maher, etc. It's absolute bullshit.

That, and if you think "Hill TV" is Republican AT ALL (it's not - it's anti-establishment and progressive) then you've never seen it.

Tulsi's WSJ article is clearly an argument against Hillary and her proxies (Warren, Buttigieg, Kamala). Somehow the author of your article takes that to mean that "Gabbard is saying right now that any Democratic nominee is going to be Hillary Clinton." The author sincerely thinks that Tulsi would make that claim re: Bernie or Yang, or even Biden? It is so laughable and twisted, and blatantly dishonest.

That's what you get for doing what's right. You're smeared and branded as a lunatic who's MOST DEFINITELY going to run a SPOILER CAMPAIGN, because https://twitter.com/sofiaxzaldivar/status/1187046549240631297! Totally asinine. You should know that if the MSM, the MIC, and the rich are against you, then you're doing the right thing.

Comments

MumblesBadly: sonatine is suckling the MIC’s propaganda teat. I wonder if his career depends upon it, also.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Beto is a lightweight and an empty suit. He doesn't have Obama's smarts or savvy and has been out of his depth since announcing.
    This is probably accurate

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    Name:  a7c3ecc3ac1879bcaa759e32031fe463.png
Views: 702
Size:  598.8 KB

Name:  1c5924c02e450f3a92f5d74f2fcb5ec1.png
Views: 722
Size:  192.6 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    The End of Betomania

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/02/u...o-orourke.html

Even his dog knew Beto O'Rourke wouldn't become President.

Time to get rid of a lot more of these fuckers that are running for President that have no chance.

i don't see how this guy can even look at himself in the mirror with all the compromising and dishonest drivel that comes out of his mouth,
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Feel free to use these facts on the white women you know who want to vote for their mom:

Question:
    - "So what's the problem with Warren?"

Answers:
    - unlike Sanders/Gabbard, Warren "will not forgo big money donors (PACS) in general election"; as Bernie Sanders has said, "You cannot change a corrupt system by taking its money."

- has tried to claim Native American heritage when but fell so far below the standard threshold that she had to issue an apology for saying it.

- unelectable; a clear Hillary 2.0 (taking meetings with Hillary and being pushed by her people) who appeals only to a certain demographic (white, college-educated, mostly female); was also a big Hillary supporter in 2016, and later admitted it had been rigged; a few days later, after conferring w/ DNC heads (and Hillary) she came back and said she "misspoke"

- among all candidates, has among the lowest out-of-party approval ratings; (Tulsi's, Biden's, and Bernie's are the highest)

- very pro-Israel and Military Industrial Complex and hence receiving overwhelmingly warm MSM coverage; is also in the pocket of https://twitter.com/AbbyMartin/status/1146596986780413952

- She is claiming to run her 2020 presidential campaign as a grass roots, individual donor only sort of thing. One huge problem. She purposely over raised for her previous Senate campaign where she welcome all sorts of big corporate money and rolled those millions straight into the Presidential campaign.

- https://twitter.com/CAPAction/status/1190310233152864256, and headed by the odious Hill-bot Neera Tanden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkk1ZNVeuQA

- https://youtu.be/ZZbJQx5fpcw - an in-depth video about why Bernie > Warren(she voted for Trump's giant military budgets, has accepted money from Raytheon (located in Massachusetts), and voted for Ben Carson to be head of Housing & Urban Development

Load Metric
    More on Warren's (lack of) foreign policy:

Blaming Iran for the Iran deal falling apart, not wanting to defund Israel for its settlement policy, general support for Imperialism, not condemning Israel’s egregious bombing of schools fully (saying it's part of their right to defend themselves): https://jacobinmag.com/2019/05/eliza...foreign-policy

Load Metric
    Start this video at 10:15 to understand the stance Gabbard (and General Matthis) have taken on Syria:

All Tulsi is guilty of is being skeptical of the US Endless War Machine, and she is now being branded a "Russian Asset" and a traitor because of it.

Load Metric
    Isn't she polling at 1%? Who gives a fuck. If she's a Russian asset, they're failing miserably at propping their girl up

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Isn't she polling at 1%? Who gives a fuck. If she's a Russian asset, they're failing miserably at propping their girl up
    She's polling at 2-5% because of low name recognition and a smear campaign that's been against her since day 1. Anyone who actually watches a long form interview w/ her becomes a fan.

Load Metric
    here's what i wish i could tell tulsi to her face:

when 80% of my exposure to you comes from you eviscerating mainstream left wing politicians / undermining the legitimate investigation into trump's criminal conduct on platforms like joe rogan and fox news, im not going to bother ignoring all that so i can chase down the fine print on your policies, im just going to look for a reasonably safe, reliable, stable, informed candidate.

bonus gripe: hillary trolled you and instead of diffusing the situation and deescalating, you acted like a fucking lunatic and started caps locking about war-queens and shit like she somehow ran the state department/dhs/cia/fbi and the entire military behind obama's back.

Load Metric

when 80% of my exposure to you comes from you eviscerating mainstream left wing politicians / undermining the legitimate investigation into trump's criminal conduct on platforms like joe rogan and fox news, im not going to bother ignoring all that so i can chase down the fine print on your policies, im just going to look for a reasonably safe, reliable, stable, informed candidate.

bonus gripe: hillary trolled you and instead of diffusing the situation and deescalating, you acted like a fucking lunatic and started caps locking about war-queens and shit like she somehow ran the state department/dhs/cia/fbi and the entire military behind obama's back.
    You understand that at this point in the election cycle we are in the primaries?

This is a competition not a coalition.

If competition is a bad word in a liberal context I didn’t mean to offend. Let’s de-escalate

Carry on

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

You understand that at this point in the election cycle we are in the primaries?

This is a competition not a coalition.

If competition is a bad word in a liberal context I didn’t mean to offend. Let’s de-escalate

Carry on

your point is unclear and no matter how i interpret this, it doesnt negate my point.

Load Metric

I can understand Tulsi having a particularly firey beef with Hillary Clinton for this simple reason — and relevant to her experience as a US military veteran who served in a war of choice that Hillary supported and most certainly resulted in friends she had in the service dying/coming back badly wounded: Hillary was 100% for using the US military might to try to change Afghanistan’s backwards culture to better treat their women, which is both supremely arrogant and totally foolish.

That’s why when Obama was deciding in early 2009 what to do about Afghanistan that Hillary sided with the generals’ request for a “surge” of troops, which was opposite the advice of the most knowledgable person about Afghanistan in the room in those meetings, the US’s long-serving special diplomat, Richard Armitage, as well as Joe Biden, probably the second most knowledge person in the room who didn’t the “American Exceptionalism” zeal of Clinton. And Obama’s decisions that followed, initially a half-surge, which was then ramped up to what the generals wanted, ended up with leading to another 1800-2000 deaths of US armed services personnel over there.

So, yeah. Hillary Clinton totally deserves the Twitter bitch slapping that Tulsi Gabbard dished back to her.

Comments

Sanlmar: I never saw this coming from you. Non-conformist anti Truman doctrine thoughts
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 11-03-2019 at 02:47 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information