Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about dating taller chicks

Load Metric

How do you feel about dating taller chicks

So I'm doing a low stress meet tomorrow with someone I have been texting with only thing is he is shorter than me. Never dated anyone shorter than me but I am tall so I guess it happens. This shit isn't easy I really didn't picture myself having to date again for a while but fucker fucks up so there it is. Gotta get out the flats for whatever I'm gonna wear to this. Trip report to follow.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Banned
    Load Metric
    I wouldn't have a problem dating a taller chick, but I'm 6'0 and have no insecurity about it. Maybe if I was 5'8 I'd feel differently. In general I think it's mostly short dudes that make a big deal out of it.

Can't say I blame them. Women are brutal about discriminating against them. It's no big deal for women to refuse short guys, but god forbid you tell a girl she's too fat.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I think we need tine and garrett's advice up in here before I decide to comment.

Load Metric
    true, a small women has an advantage, but you can offset that if you've done your kegels
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    So I'm doing a low stress meet tomorrow with someone I have been texting with only thing is he is shorter than me. Never dated anyone shorter than me but I am tall so I guess it happens. This shit isn't easy I really didn't picture myself having to date again for a while but fucker fucks up so there it is. Gotta get out the flats for whatever I'm gonna wear to this. Trip report to follow.
    How tall are you?

Also, please describe what a "low stress meet" is. Like a meet-up for coffee or something?

Also beware that shorter guys often fudge their height. Often 5'8 really means 5'6, 5'6 really means 5'3-5'4, etc.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also beware that shorter guys often fudge their height. Often 5'8 really means 5'6, 5'6 really means 5'3-5'4, etc.
    OKCupid (I think) posted a histogram of how males users report their height, and there's a huge spike at 6'0. Not because there's a disproportionate number of people that height, but because it's the popular choice when lying.

The female one of course just looks like a standard bell curve.

Load Metric
    I'm 5'9" low stress meet is coffee or busy park setting for chatting in person.

I don't need kegels tight as a drum had my only kid c section so it is as it was.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I don't need kegels tight as a drum had my only kid c section so it is as it was.
    How old is he?

Also, at 5'9, you shouldn't have a hard time finding a large number of dudes taller than you.

Load Metric
    He is 53.
    Have found if I go younger then kids are involved and not interested in that.
    I could have Anna Nicoled it with a rich old dude but life too short and I've never been about the money.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

so no problem really...

rather than coffee, meet at a juice bar and order

Comments

splitthis: Good idea

SrslySirius: I see what you did there

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    How tall are you?

Also, please describe what a "low stress meet" is. Like a meet-up for coffee or something?

That's funny because twinks do the opposite. They'll say 5' 7" when really they're 5' 9".
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    I'm 5'8 so in the somewhat short category. And ya guys totally get discriminated against based on height. One of the most discriminatory practices is in employment. But women are absolutely the worst when it comes to this. I have known several extremely liberal women who make it very clear they won't date any guy under 6 foot and see no problem openly stating this.

Anyways I've only ever been with a girl who was 1-2 inches taller. It was kinda odd making out and having to reach up slightly. It would never be a deal breaker though and really the problem is on the women's end and not the guys (even if the guy feels insecure I can't imagine him rejecting a girl based on height).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

OKCupid (I think) posted a histogram of how males users report their height, and there's a huge spike at 6'0. Not because there's a disproportionate number of people that height, but because it's the popular choice when lying.
    Part of it might have to do with rounding issues. I am just a hair under 6' (5' 11-1/2" tall), do I really want to mess with writing all that out time and again or do I just write 6' for brevity's sake?

Load Metric
    Lol at Druff and SS in this thread

Load Metric
    Its an ego boost for the dude.

Dating a taller woman is like dating a woman that is really smart or really rich. He's going to try extra hard to impress you. Be prepared for a lot of lies.

I enjoy dating a woman that is taller than me. Fatter is a different story.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    I'm 5'8 so in the somewhat short category. And ya guys totally get discriminated against based on height. One of the most discriminatory practices is in employment. But women are absolutely the worst when it comes to this. I have known several extremely liberal women who make it very clear they won't date any guy under 6 foot and see no problem openly stating this.

Anyways I've only ever been with a girl who was 1-2 inches taller. It was kinda odd making out and having to reach up slightly. It would never be a deal breaker though and really the problem is on the women's end and not the guys (even if the guy feels insecure I can't imagine him rejecting a girl based on height).
    most women want a man to be taller by 6" but will settle for only 4" greater....high heels being the reason, without that height difference they will be taller when wearing heals...i am 6'1&1/2"...tallest i dated was 5'10", she was easy pickings (so was Miss 5'9")

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

Wanting to date somebody taller is a preference, not a discrimination. And people are fully entitled to openly state their preference without being called out for discrimination.

Now go put on a pair of heels you insecure little cunt.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    It's always about the connection.

I don't really get along with most women, and thats being honest. They have ideals, or differences and I get it, so it doesnt work. I am a firm believer that maybe your best work can be done alone.

Load Metric
    If you dont have an issue with it I'm sure he wont. He'll probably have a positive view about you that youre not hung up on it. Men just like attractive. Most dont care if its 4ft or 6'2. Pretty is pretty.

I'm exactly 5'11. Bare feet. I never even contemplated that I got shot down for not being tall enough back in the day. I dont think I ever even knew how much women valued height until I started seeing online profiles say 6'0 minimum.

I guess I'm close enough or girls were polite
    Last edited by BCR; 05-02-2015 at 11:53 PM.

Load Metric
    My eyes are going, I thought the thread read How do you feel about dating trailer chicks.

I'm more than fine with either.

Thread Information