Page 405 of 946 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405406407408409415455505905 ... LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,100 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    my eyes are legit watering WATERING

Dwai that is hysterical.

Pity you're such a hating racist pos you clearly have some life telent that is being wasted

Comments

splitthis: Things that are super funny are usually true

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Fucking retarded mayor. I hope hes just lying through his teeth but such idiocy is unimagineable.

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio revealed Friday a 75 percent spike in coronavirus hospitalizations since a day earlier but rejected the suggestion that the spread could have been caused by massive protests in the wake of the death of George Floyd.

"I would be surprised if that's what's causing it,
    " de Blasio said Friday of the sustained demonstrations that have broken out in the Big Apple and cities throughout the world. "I think we're much more likely in the next week [or] 10 days to see a manifestation, if there is one."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Fucking retarded mayor. I hope hes just lying through his teeth but such idiocy is unimagineable.

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio revealed Friday a 75 percent spike in coronavirus hospitalizations since a day earlier but rejected the suggestion that the spread could have been caused by massive protests in the wake of the death of George Floyd.

" de Blasio said Friday of the sustained demonstrations that have broken out in the Big Apple and cities throughout the world. "I think we're much more likely in the next week [or] 10 days to see a manifestation, if there is one."
    One of the few good things to come from the coronavirus and the riots has been the exposure of Bill de Blasio as an absolutely terrible mayor.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    This is starting to look like what it was all about from the beginning. A money grab, in every sense of the word. A shakedown of the highest magnitude.
    it's amazing Druff still believes all the hype, but then again he still does believe that there were WMDs in Iraq, lol even though that's been proven a lie.

Hate to say it Druff but you no longer get to use the phrase fake news cause you believe a lot of stupid shit
    Not sure what you're talking about here. I didn't say I know there were WMDs in Iraq, only that Saddam was given such a long time to get rid of them that it was impossible to determine the truth once we got there. Over time I have gotten more skeptical of the Iraq War, but the WMD thing has always been overstated and manipulated by the left, in order to bash Bush.

The coronavirus is being exploited by the left in many ways, but its danger is legitimate. I do feel that in certain ways the danger is overstated (mostly to people under 35), and in some ways it's understated (mostly to middle-aged people). I feel that this is happening because, in order to scare the mass population as a whole, they have to reduce the "X group is more susceptible than Y group" talk as much as possible. The same type of lies were told in the '80s and '90s regarding AIDS (in reality, hetero, non-IV-drug-using men in the US were VERY unlikely to catch it, and they knew that all along).

I'm looking at the coronavirus from a logical point of view, not one informed by the politics of the left or right.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    it's amazing Druff still believes all the hype, but then again he still does believe that there were WMDs in Iraq, lol even though that's been proven a lie.

Hate to say it Druff but you no longer get to use the phrase fake news cause you believe a lot of stupid shit
    Not sure what you're talking about here. I didn't say I know there were WMDs in Iraq, only that Saddam was given such a long time to get rid of them that it was impossible to determine the truth once we got there. Over time I have gotten more skeptical of the Iraq War, but the WMD thing has always been overstated and manipulated by the left, in order to bash Bush.

The coronavirus is being exploited by the left in many ways, but its danger is legitimate. I do feel that in certain ways the danger is overstated (mostly to people under 35), and in some ways it's understated (mostly to middle-aged people). I feel that this is happening because, in order to scare the mass population as a whole, they have to reduce the "X group is more susceptible than Y group" talk as much as possible. The same type of lies were told in the '80s and '90s regarding AIDS (in reality, hetero, non-IV-drug-using men in the US were VERY unlikely to catch it, and they knew that all along).

I'm looking at the coronavirus from a logical point of view, not one informed by the politics of the left or right.
    i'm just bullshitting man, don't over think it

Load Metric
    If you are a Trump supporter, you need to do this immediately...

Americans are gargling with bleach and drinking household cleaners to prevent coronavirus: CDC report

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...jj4-story.html

Comments

Jayjami: Looks like Mumbles to me.

MumblesBadly: He’s got about 10 years and lack of common sense on me.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    cmon dude, you're better than this

Comments

Sheesfaced: He’s proven time and again he’s not though

Load Metric
    cmon dude, you're better than this
    and it's like a month at least late, like how old is this loser, forgetting we already hashed this myth out a month ago at least.

Sad!

Load Metric
    Sweden's top scientist admits response to virus was too lax

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world...ck-pkg-vpx.cnn

Load Metric
    I was a Harrah’s Tahoe last night. Forgot the phone so no pics, not much social distancing going on. We probably should have just gone the herd immunity route. Did not gamble, but the mediocre piece of swordfish at Friday’s Station tasted great after months of take out.

Load Metric
    I'm one of the few on the left who are pissed off about these protests. Its okay to protest in groups of 10k, but God forbid the father wants to be there for the birth or his child or your family has a funeral to attend. Or the fact my fav video game pub had to closed down permanently... I'm surte most of these protestors will self isolate for two weeks... and the left has no balls to call them out. At least some of us do.

Comments

BCR: I’ve been beyond pissed once it went national and now lol international. I have written a lot of posts and didn’t submit that might get me a job as editor of a proud boys magazine

Load Metric

Agree with Druff here. Everyone believed Sadam had them and its only after the fact that its easy to criticize. Bush gets a bad rap for this and its not fair.

As for COVID 19 though this is not a left vs right issue. In USA it is but nearly everywhere else it largely isnt (which should tell you that you need to call out your fellow trump supporters).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

Agree with Druff here. Everyone believed Sadam had them and its only after the fact that its easy to criticize. Bush gets a bad rap for this and its not fair.

As for COVID 19 though this is not a left vs right issue. In USA it is but nearly everywhere else it largely isnt (which should tell you that you need to call out your fellow trump supporters).
    This just is not the case. Do you remember the televised hearings? There was debate.

I grant that most god fearing, patriotic Americans were swept up with emotion and trusted Bush and Cheney. However, if the biggest export from the Middle East was broccoli we never would have been there.

If I reminded you which business these two hailed from I would be insulting you. The oil business. This was their center of power and connections. I am not directly implying they were profiting financially. It was power

You are a simple person who suffers poor knowledge of the history of the Middle East from the waning days of WWII forward if you believe this first level nonsense peddled by Cheney. Of the two, I hold Bush in less contempt. The Truman doctrine found its genesis exactly there days after Germany fell. This is the most important power struggle of our era.

As for Druff, it make me a little sad to see him walk his Iraq notions back. It’s a serious component of his brand. Don’t ever change big guy.

Comments

dwai: correct

MumblesBadly: And the UN’s fact finding mission was going to report that Sadam Hussein did NOT have WMDs, but Team Bush bullied the U.N. to pull the, out early, then ran a discreditment campaign against that U.N. team to lower their public credibility.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 06-06-2020 at 10:56 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

This just is not the case. Do you remember the televised hearings? There was debate.

I grant that most god fearing, patriotic Americans were swept up with emotion and trusted Bush and Cheney. However, if the biggest export from the Middle East was broccoli we never would have been there.

If I reminded you which business these two hailed from I would be insulting you. The oil business. This was their center of power and connections. I am not directly implying they were profiting financially. It was power

You are a simple person who suffers poor knowledge of the history of the Middle East from the waning days of WWII forward if you believe this first level nonsense peddled by Cheney. Of the two, I hold Bush in less contempt. The Truman doctrine found its genesis exactly there days after Germany fell. This is the most important power struggle of our era.

As for Druff, it make me a little sad to see him walk his Iraq notions back. It’s a serious component of his brand. Don’t ever change big guy.

if people dont understand the cheney/halliburton angle by now, you're wasting your keystrokes.

Comments

Jayjami: 100% true
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

It takes a week or two from infection to hospitalization.

He's saying the hospitalizations caused by spreading during the protests wouldn't happen for a week or two. Then the deaths would be a couple weeks after that.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

He's saying the hospitalizations caused by spreading during the protests wouldn't happen for a week or two. Then the deaths would be a couple weeks after that.

3-5 days for most to show symptoms right?

Comments

BCR: But first week is milder, so it’s generally 10-12 days after initial infection to ER level illness. He might be an idiot, don’t follow him that close, but not for that statement.

Load Metric
    Regardless it is a boost for Trump, any surge will be blamed on them lol.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

3-5 days for most to show symptoms right?
    Yeah. I don't think most go to the hospital the day they start showing symptoms though.

Deblasio could be wrong, but he was making a logical argument. There's plenty of valid reasons to shit on him, this isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Regardless it is a boost for Trump, any surge will be blamed on them lol.
    You got a crystal ball or something?

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Saw my parents today for first time in 3 months.

The concern isn't what you'd expect. I wasn't worried about giving it to them... I was worried about them giving it to me! I am ultra careful and go nowhere except hiking, and my parents actually still go to places like the supermarket. (I wish they didn't, but nothing I can do.)

I had basically shut everything down and wouldn't go over to anyone's house or have anyone over here, aside from the people already living in this house.

It's been this way for 3 months. My girlfriend (who is close to my age) was on board with this as well.

I finally decided that, with no end in sight, I'm not going to let an indefinite time pass while my parents get older and older. If something happened to either one of them while I was waiting for it to be "safe", and I didn't get to see them beforehand because of COVID paranoia, I would feel awful.

So I said fuck it and invited them to come over, and they came today. Was very nice to see them again, and it reminded me of what shut-ins we had become, even with all the hiking.

Enjoyed it and will do again.

Comments

IamGreek: Loving son rep

splitthis: Glad u took the leap

Thread Information