Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Steven Crowder Confronts Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Steven Crowder Confronts Thread

Steven Crowder has started a new series of videos which I love. They're called "Crowder Confronts".

Basically, he finds on social where people threaten to cause physical harm to him, his crew, or his property, and then proceeds to track down these cowards and confronts them directly.

Given that he has Cary Katz billionaire money backing his operation these days, he is free to fly around the country with a full crew to confront these people, and hilarity results.

Keep in mind that he is NOT confronting people who simply disagree with him or insult him, but only those who make actual threats to do actual harm.

So far he's done two of these, both in Austin. He also did a follow-up and phone-confronted a journalist who wrote an unflattering and misleading article about one of those videos.

As someone who has endured years of threats and personal-info-posting by cowards who think they're anonymous and untouchable, I especially like these segments.

Enjoy!

Comments

shoeshine box: A crime reporter in Netherlands got whacked for doing similar last week.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In this video, Crowder confronts a woman who encouraged people to firebomb his van.

The woman denies it at first, but Crowder quickly produces a giant poster with a huge blow-up of this woman's comments.

Amazingly, no one present is willing to admit that this woman was wrong for what she did, and instead they all shout him down with meaningless political slogans.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is the second Crowder Confronts.

A "transgender man" (also known as a woman who now dresses and acts like a dude) made a social media post encouraging people to slash all four of Crowder's tires. She also went on to admit to previously vandalizing a Robert E. Lee statue, and suggests that those same vandal go after Crowder's vehicle. She appears in the postings to seriously be trying to put together an effort to do this.

Crowder shows up to her workplace and confronts her.

This one actually had additional fallout. The police were called on Crowder because he didn't want to leave until the woman admitted to what she did and explained herself. Crowder then filed his own report with the police for the threats the woman made against him online.

Shortly after that, a journalist who was sympathetic to the woman wrote this article: https://www.austinchronicle.com/dail...wing-comedian/

The article oddly shows concern that the woman was "doxxed" and is supposedly now being harassed, but doesn't at all condemn the original threats she made out of nowhere.

Crowder then decided to confront the journalist over the phone. She wasn't reachable at first, but she returned his call, and he totally owned her:

Laughably, the journalist cannot explain why she refused to embed the video itself (despite it being the subject of the article), nor can she explain why she refused to contact Crowder for comment.

I love all these so far, and hope he does more.

Comments

Tellafriend: that was great

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Crowder confronts some terrible leftist professor who has been spreading false rumors about Crowder being a Nazi sympathizer, based upon an obviously fake account impersonating Crowder.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He confronts an Antifa guy who calls himself "Slytherin" (lol), who has posted things like "Kill every member of ICE".

When confronted, the guy throws a beer in Crowder's face, then walks off quickly and tries to avoid dealing further with Crowder or the fallout of what he did.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Andrew Joseph Alemao was arrested a number of times for Antifa-related activities, including throwing tomatoes at President Trump (where he missed, lol): https://www.press-citizen.com/story/...sted/79399992/

He also attempted to call other members to milkshake Crowder at a recent "change my mind" event, then told people to light Crowder on fire

Crowder confronts him.

Load Metric
    Great videos. I suggest he try confronting some of the alt-right hate groups and see what happens to him.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Great videos. I suggest he try confronting some of the alt-right hate groups and see what happens to him.
    His confrontations involve individuals threatening him or his crew. I think this is an appropriate way to handle keyboard warriors who make threats of violence against him. At no point does he attempt to physically attack or intimidate him, even in cases where he's much bigger. He just gets them on camera and tries to ask them to explain why they made the threats, which of course they always weakly deny.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    His confrontations involve individuals threatening him or his crew. I think this is an appropriate way to handle keyboard warriors who make threats of violence against him. At no point does he attempt to physically attack or intimidate him, even in cases where he's much bigger. He just gets them on camera and tries to ask them to explain why they made the threats, which of course they always weakly deny.
    Too bad he doesn’t try to confront his fans who have made online death or other types of threats against the liberal targets of his comedic efforts.

Comments

shoeshine box: ahhhhh. I see what you doing there....good idea. double our pleasure.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Too bad he doesn’t try to confront his fans who have made online death or other types of threats against the liberal targets of his comedic efforts.

are you running on no sleep? your reading comprehension seems off here.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Anyone following this Steven Crowder versus H3H3 / Sam Seder stuff that happened this week?

I wonder how Crowder fans are reacting to it as I've mostly seen the pro-H3H3/Seder side claiming victory.

For example, this story summarizes what occurred but it's clearly biased towards H3H3/Seder: https://www.insider.com/sam-seder-su...youtube-2021-6

I don't watch any of these shows. I'm aware of Crowder from Druff commenting on him a few times. I'm aware of H3H3 because they had an interesting lawsuit a few years ago with another Youtube content creator they had made fun of (as an aside, check out this video explaining that situation -

- the gist is that they were clowning a cringey dude's videos on their channel, he sued them, and H3H3 won the lawsuit). I don't watch H3H3 but they seem to be left-leaning. I haven't heard of Sam Seder before all of this but I gather he's the leftie host of a youtube channel called the Majority Report. It's probably an oversimplification but Crowder and Seder seem to host similar types of shows on opposite ends of the political spectrum. I don't see the appeal of watching these types of shows. However, they are both wildly popular (with Crowder having a much bigger audience).

Here's the cliff notes of what happened:
    -Crowder has a history of refusing to "debate" Seder
    -Recently, Crowder agreed to debate Ethan of H3H3
    -When the debate began, H3H3 surprised Crowder by bringing in Seder to their video chat
    -All hell broke loose and there was a lot of yelling and talking over each other
    -It appears Crowder ended the call before a real debate could occur
    -The left claimed victory, saying that Crowder ran away from Seder
    -Crowder's fans are saying that H3H3 owned themselves by calling in a ringer to the debate

Here's the full H3H3 video:

Here's the full Crowder video:

This whole "debate me" shit is stupid. Nobody is changing their minds based on a bunch of dorks slinging petty insults at each other.

Anyways, I was curious what Druff thought of all this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrink View Post
    Anyone following this Steven Crowder versus H3H3 / Sam Seder stuff that happened this week?

I wonder how Crowder fans are reacting to it as I've mostly seen the pro-H3H3/Seder side claiming victory.

For example, this story summarizes what occurred but it's clearly biased towards H3H3/Seder: https://www.insider.com/sam-seder-su...youtube-2021-6

I don't watch any of these shows. I'm aware of Crowder from Druff commenting on him a few times. I'm aware of H3H3 because they had an interesting lawsuit a few years ago with another Youtube content creator they had made fun of (as an aside, check out this video explaining that situation -

- the gist is that they were clowning a cringey dude's videos on their channel, he sued them, and H3H3 won the lawsuit). I don't watch H3H3 but they seem to be left-leaning. I haven't heard of Sam Seder before all of this but I gather he's the leftie host of a youtube channel called the Majority Report. It's probably an oversimplification but Crowder and Seder seem to host similar types of shows on opposite ends of the political spectrum. I don't see the appeal of watching these types of shows. However, they are both wildly popular (with Crowder having a much bigger audience).

-When the debate began, H3H3 surprised Crowder by bringing in Seder to their video chat
    -All hell broke loose and there was a lot of yelling and talking over each other
    -Crowder's fans are saying that H3H3 owned themselves by calling in a ringer to the debate

This whole "debate me" shit is stupid. Nobody is changing their minds based on a bunch of dorks slinging petty insults at each other.

Pretty sure Crowder is appealing the lawsuit. As for the interview issue obviously this leftist turd get he couldn’t adequately debate Crowder so thus he had to pull the WWE handicap match card essentially. It was a sure sign of weakness to do what he did. Crowder agreed to a 1 on 1 and the asshat leftist changed the rules which is typical.

Comments

MumblesBadly: What a bullshit deflection from Crowder being too scared shitless to debate Sam Seder!

splitthis: Offset

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrink View Post

Crowder claimed on Joe Rogan’s show that nobody on the left would debate him because they are scared he will destroy them in a debate. This recent event with Sam Seder showing up to debate Crowder, forever capture in video, proves definitely that Crowder is a fraud re that claim. In essence, he’s a younger YouTube version of Tucker Carlson.

Comments

splitthis: Dumb
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Name:  71D292AE-FF4E-4142-9B6C-D16FE1F51C5B.jpeg
Views: 350
Size:  292.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mumbles, Sam Seder hates the far left and would strongly disagree with a lot of your current political views.

Load Metric
    Mumbles, Sam Seder hates the far left and would strongly disagree with a lot of your current political views.
    Identify those positions with references to both his show’s episodes in which he bashes them AND my posts in this forum in which I show support for them or GTFO.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Identify those positions with references to both his show’s episodes in which he bashes them AND my posts in this forum in which I show support for them or GTFO.
    I can't say I've memorized your specific political positions, but Sam Seder put out a podcast in June that the left was excusing and gladhandling the BLM rioting, and that it was a really bad look.

Lots of lefties attacked him and said he was racist, etc.

I don't recall you condemning the BLM riots or the politicians/media figures excusing them.

Comments

splitthis: Cuz he is idiot.

MumblesBadly: He differed with the far left on one position but can’t show evidence that I supported the rioting. Tight vetting of your claim about “a lot” of my current political views!

Load Metric

I can't say I've memorized your specific political positions, but Sam Seder put out a podcast in June that the left was excusing and gladhandling the BLM rioting, and that it was a really bad look.

Lots of lefties attacked him and said he was racist, etc.

I don't recall you condemning the BLM riots or the politicians/media figures excusing them.
    I never agree with the riots, but I condemn the rightwing’s conflating the riots and looting with BLM protests.

Comments

splitthis: Stupid

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So I got around to watching this stuff. Here are my findings:

1) It has been clear for a long time that Crowder doesn't want to debate Sam Seder. As I've said before about Crowder, he's an entertainer, but not a particularly good debater. We saw evidence of this when he appeared on Rogan, and lost his composure somewhat (though to be fair, Rogan was acting like a complete dick, and later apologized). I also saw a bad debate performance on one of those "Change My Mind" segments, where a smart kid actually left Crowder at a loss for words. Crowder has a lot of talent. He's funny, is good at ad-libbing jokes and insults, and very creative. However, he's just an average political debater, and probably knows that.

2) Ethan from H3 and Seder pulled a bullshit move on Crowder by sneaking Seder into the debate. The biggest problem here is that Crowder probably came into this debate with the non-celebral Ethan with little preparation, knowing he could probably make the guy look like a fool. He did NOT prepare for a tough debate with an intellectual like Seder, and presumably Seder prepared on his end, so this wasn't fair to Crowder. It would be like me agreeing to play a fish at heads up no limit holdem, and then an online heads up regualr shows up instead. Even if I was willing to play the online heads up regular, I'd need time to prepare for it, whereas I would gladly play the fish with no preparation. I think this was also Crowder's issue, though he didn't verbalize it.

3) The smarter move would have been Seder showing up and simply asking Crowder to schedule a debate with him, and then Ethan himself actually debating Crowder after that. This would nail down whether Crowder would be willing to debate Seder at all, while Ethan keeps his commitment to the debate.

4) Crowder's excuse that Seder "only has a million subscribers", and therefore won't debate him, is silly. I get Crowder's point (that he doesn't owe nobodies in the YouTube game exposure), but Seder has about 1/6 the following of Crowder, so he's hardly a nobody. It would be different if Mumbles from PFA offered to debate Crowder, and Crowder refused. There Crowder would have a much better defense that he doesn't owe nobodies an audience.

On the actual topic they were supposed to debate (whether you should trust or question scientists' claims about COVID), I'm actually on Crowder's side there. The problem is that COVID science became quite political, where it's basically not allowed to question the popular leftist consensus. An actual Harvard epidemiologist was censored on Twitter last year for pushing the (now-accepted) lab leak theory. And if you were a sceintist trying to study if the BLM protests were COVID dangerous, you were especially ostracized, unless you came into the study with the goal to prove them safe (and somehow avoided also concluding that ALL large outdoor gatherings are safe!)

The bottom line is that the "science" was full of lots of politically motivated omissions and contradictions, and a shocking lack of curiosity about topics which seemed obvious to study (such as, again, the lab leak theory).

Anyone who doesn't question the "scientists" studying COVID is a moron. And that was Crowder's point.

With that said, I've mostly lost interest in Crowder because he made a decision to pander to the paranoid alt-right, and got away from his willingness to criticize the crazy portion of the Republican Party. Keep in mind that Crowder was actually against Trump in the 2016 primary, and four years later, he was pushing nonsense election conspiracy theories. It was sad to watch the degradation. I can't take him seriously anymore.

Load Metric
    Ethan use to be a funny guy but after he made his money and got in bed with the higher ups at youtube he basically went Joe rogan podcast style except he's dumb af and his audience is probably kids 14 and under

Thread Information