Page 719 of 946 FirstFirst ... 219619669709715716717718719720721722723729769819 ... LastLast
Results 14,361 to 14,380 of 18904

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Yeah this is an interesting point. Perhaps there is a way it transmits which is more deadly, which isn't presently understood.

Also we could simply be seeing outliers stick out as memorable situations, but are very far off from what is typical. As someone else mentioned, there are also possible other lifestyle factors, such as maybe certain diet types which would make you more susceptible to bad outcomes, but are presently unknown.

I also wonder if the husband/wife situation occurs due to depression/anxiety/stress from seeing their spouse get hospitalized for COVID, and wondering if they're going to die. That could affect the immune response. This is similar to how elderly couples often die close together (pre-COVID), as the death of the first creates a psychological shock which can then manifest into physical problems.
    All good points. Back to my original post, we're 18 months into this so you would think they would be studying these scenarios and be finding some answers. There's something there.
    I have been watching the trends and they are worse than last year. I think the problem is you’re trying to study a moving and changing target to a degree with these variants. Everyone I talk to says you’re seeing a different patient this year. Younger, not as heavy, etc. You said the same. Daly said the same. Idk if it’s because it’s almost entirely unvaccinated, or because this variant is tougher.

My friend in Charlotte had a week off and came back and she said she actually has a few vaccinated in ICU for first time in months. Makes me think they are making bad call with boosters. She said she’d let me know if they turned it around quicker than the unvaccinated. They haven’t got to ventilator stage, but certainly serious illness if in ICU.

I’ve seen people comment delta isn’t as deadly. I don’t know how you’d arrive at that conclusion? Not saying it’s wrong, but I’ve seen the average age of death has lowered by 12 years this year over last.

Most likely because of elderly being higher rates of vaccinated. Right now, if you look at last years summer peaks in Florida and Texas, things are worse now. And they’re lasting longer. It was done a month earlier last year.

So if it’s average victim is an unvaccinated person 12 years younger than last year, and the numbers in Florida and Texas are higher than summer peak despite even there, almost half the population vaccinated, I’d have to think this variant is way deadlier and we are in deep trouble come Thanksgiving/Christmas peak if it mirrors last year.

At least we had a months long break between summer and that period last year. If you look at average death this week over last year same week, it’s much worse right now. And we are almost into October and run the risk of places like Florida just starting to lower right when it’s hitting harder up north and the snowbirds bring it back down. You can see that’s what happened last year.

Bad summer. Good fall. Bad again right after the holidays. Now it’s still horrible almost into October. Doesn’t bode well.

While it’s the flu bro people are idiots, as it’s 20x as deadly, if it acts like a seasonal virus going forward, the scary part is we don’t know if that year one was a good or bad Covid year. Maybe a a bad Covid year is 1.5 million deaths and a good one is 200k? We have no idea at this point.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

All good points. Back to my original post, we're 18 months into this so you would think they would be studying these scenarios and be finding some answers. There's something there.
    I have been watching the trends and they are worse than last year. I think the problem is you’re trying to study a moving and changing target to a degree with these variants. Everyone I talk to says you’re seeing a different patient this year. Younger, not as heavy, etc. You said the same. Daly said the same. Idk if it’s because it’s almost entirely unvaccinated, or because this variant is tougher.

My friend in Charlotte had a week off and came back and she said she actually has a few vaccinated in ICU for first time in months. Makes me think they are making bad call with boosters. She said she’d let me know if they turned it around quicker than the unvaccinated. They haven’t got to ventilator stage, but certainly serious illness if in ICU.

I’ve seen people comment delta isn’t as deadly. I don’t know how you’d arrive at that conclusion? Not saying it’s wrong, but I’ve seen the average age of death has lowered by 12 years this year over last.

Most likely because of elderly being higher rates of vaccinated. Right now, if you look at last years summer peaks in Florida and Texas, things are worse now. And they’re lasting longer. It was done a month earlier last year.

So if it’s average victim is an unvaccinated person 12 years younger than last year, and the numbers in Florida and Texas are higher than summer peak despite even there, almost half the population vaccinated, I’d have to think this variant is way deadlier and we are in deep trouble come Thanksgiving/Christmas peak if it mirrors last year.

At least we had a months long break between summer and that period last year. If you look at average death this week over last year same week, it’s much worse right now. And we are almost into October and run the risk of places like Florida just starting to lower right when it’s hitting harder up north and the snowbirds bring it back down. You can see that’s what happened last year.

Bad summer. Good fall. Bad again right after the holidays. Now it’s still horrible almost into October. Doesn’t bode well.

While it’s the flu bro people are idiots, as it’s 20x as deadly, if it acts like a seasonal virus going forward, the scary part is we don’t know if that year one was a good or bad Covid year. Maybe a a bad Covid year is 1.5 million deaths and a good one is 200k? We have no idea at this point.
    Kind of overreacting. Posts like this are 100% anecdotal. I remember when AIDS was the big thing in the early 90s and there was always a story of some guy have sex with a non-descript female and getting AIDS and dying a horrible death. We are nearly 2 years into this with a country of 340 Million people and 700,000 have died. Most were old or fat and dying of something anyway, not really tragic unless you are in a hospital ward blowing shit out of proportion to get a raise. I am not saying this is the flu, it's worse for sure. But fuck lose 25 lbs and stop eating chicken wings every 4th day and you will like be ok. Walking around with a cloth mask all the time is borderline retarded.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: truth

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Kind of overreacting. Posts like this are 100% anecdotal. I remember when AIDS was the big thing in the early 90s and there was always a story of some guy have sex with a non-descript female and getting AIDS and dying a horrible death. We are nearly 2 years into this with a country of 340 Million people and 700,000 have died. Most were old or fat and dying of something anyway, not really tragic unless you are in a hospital ward blowing shit out of proportion to get a raise. I am not saying this is the flu, it's worse for sure. But fuck lose 25 lbs and stop eating chicken wings every 4th day and you will like be ok. Walking around with a cloth mask all the time is borderline retarded.
    There is nothing anecdotal about there being 2000 a day dying this year, and 1k a day this week last year. And the worst places are the most conservative states. That’s not a lol anti-vaxxers, that’s just to say you know they aren’t exaggerating the deaths.

It’s simply worse than a year ago with half the population being mostly untouched.

Comments

dwai: n-word loving faggot

Platinum
    Load Metric

This variant is surely deadlier than the original strand. There were almost zero young, healthy people getting severely sick before. That vaccine has undoubtedly saved a shit ton of lives. Hard to imagine what life would look like without it. Trump pulling off operation warp speed was truly a great thing. The irony is that many people that don't trust the vaccine are his biggest supporters.

Evidence is starting to pile up that people who were vaccinated in Dec-Jan aren't as protected as they were. I think the booster is only a matter of time. Crazy story, my wife has a former co-worker that now works in the ER. Clinics here were giving booster shots to everyone claiming they had a preexisting condition. So a bunch of the ER doctors were just showing up saying they had a condition and were given the boosters. They didn't have to provide any proof.

Comments

BCR: I’ve heard the same here. Basically you can just get the booster if you want it and are ballpark at risk. It’s has to be deadlier imo. I can’t think how it would be twice the death with half the targets otherwise. I’ve just seen people say it isn’t

Load Metric

boy cnn really has done a number on you.

We've known this forever, repeat with me, if a virus has evolved to be more contagious, IT MUST be less deadly

ROFL

Comments

BCR: These inner-city moms sucking black cock, like yours, are producing more virulent strains. Keep hiding pusssy and call the cops lmao

splitthis: Offset

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20210922-215101_Chrome.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  127.5 KB

Comments

splitthis: To offset any lib bs

Load Metric
    “Of 185 fully vaccinated prisoners at the unnamed prison, 129, or about 70%, caught the virus, data compiled by the CDC and the Federal Bureau of Prisons showed. This was a much lower rate than the unvaccinated prisoners, 39 of 42 of whom - or about 93% - caught COVID-19 during the outbreak, said the study, published Tuesday in the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.

Four people, three of whom were unvaccinated, needed treatment in a hospital, the study said. One unvaccinated person died, it said.”

Amazing how stone cold stupid people think they have some point, when what they post might as well be a pro vaccine commercial about it’s success. They are just too stupid to realize it.

Lower positivity.

1 out of 129 vaccinated even needed hospital treatment and lived. 70% caught it. None died.

3 out of 39 unvaccinated needed to be hospitalized and one died. 93% caught it.

So even in jail, only the dumbest of the dumb is now dead.

Thanks for another pro vaccine story with a great ending of the only dead being a retarded anti-vaxxer.

Comments

nightmarefish: It's so painful to explain this obvious shit over and over and over again.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There isn't evidence that Delta is more deadly or even more damaging than original COVID.

It's a lot more contagious, so a lot more young people are getting it than before. That's why you are seeing more young people with severe COVID -- simply because there are more young people in general catching the virus, so that small percentage of severe cases adds up to more people.

As I type this right now, I have a sore throat which just showed up tonight, and I was unusually tired today. This has happened before, though. I've had two colds since COVID began, and both times I was concerned, took a COVID test, and was negative. In both cases, the virus progressed like a cold, rather than COVID. This is the first time since vaccinated that I've had something virus-like.

Despite being less contagious, colds are harder to avoid catching, because they can transmit in a lot more ways than COVID, including on surfaces.

It's been 5 months since my Pfizer vaccine, so a breakthrough case wouldn't be shocking. I haven't been in indoor spaces all that much, but I do go indoors to businesses for short periods of time. Would suck if I got it somehow.

Load Metric
    There isn't evidence that Delta is more deadly or even more damaging than original COVID.

It's a lot more contagious, so a lot more young people are getting it than before. That's why you are seeing more young people with severe COVID -- simply because there are more young people in general catching the virus, so that small percentage of severe cases adds up to more people.

As I type this right now, I have a sore throat which just showed up tonight, and I was unusually tired today. This has happened before, though. I've had two colds since COVID began, and both times I was concerned, took a COVID test, and was negative. In both cases, the virus progressed like a cold, rather than COVID. This is the first time since vaccinated that I've had something virus-like.

Despite being less contagious, colds are harder to avoid catching, because they can transmit in a lot more ways than COVID, including on surfaces.

It's been 5 months since my Pfizer vaccine, so a breakthrough case wouldn't be shocking. I haven't been in indoor spaces all that much, but I do go indoors to businesses for short periods of time. Would suck if I got it somehow.

There isn’t evidence, but there is data emerging that it might possibly be more deadly and infectious. I’m seeing a lot of data catching up to what seems evident, more people are dying despite half the population being for the most part, untouched.

I’m seeing more articles like this. Just the first I grabbed

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.abc...icle/100477998

Comments

splitthis: Keep researching

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Well, a life update for my neck of the woods?

My brother in laws brother is having the vent removed on Sunday. He has been in the hospital in icu for about two months. He is in his mid 50s and in good shape. Everyone is saying their goodbyes this week. He is/was an elementary school teacher. A very good guy. He has several children. Our whole family is beyond devastated. The look on my brother in laws face that knows his own brother is virtually gone is overwhelming to me. I cant take it.

On another note, I just got done talking tonight to my best friends wife who had covid for several weeks. She works in a high risk healthcare area. She is pretty adament at this point that the Regeneron treatment she was given saved her life. She was apparently only given this because of the type of risk/work she is in.

But...

Her 7 year old cat died today. The cat had covid symptoms for the past several days and the vets are 99.9% sure at this point that the cat had covid. The tests are out and will be back soon, but it is apparently just a formality at this point.

I spent about an hour on the phone earlier talking and crying with her. She has been through so much the past several years with domestic abuse through her and her child. She feels alone and blames herself that this is somehow her fault. I of course told her otherwise, but that is just talk to someone grieving and has been through so much abuse. I'm just glad she has a hell of a good man behind her right now.

This shit isn't fun.

PS: to all of the ignorant cocksuckers, e g. Splitthis and others (you know who you are)

FUCK YOU, YOU MONUMENTALLY IGNORANT PILE OF GARBAGE.

Comments

BCR: Hang in there dude. Lot of really abrupt endings out there atm. These months long stays alone and just gone. My buddy just got out after 6 weeks. Has 24/7 oxygen at home. No end in sight. But he’s home.

splitthis: Dumb

Dan Druff: sorry you're so close to all this, must be tough

Load Metric
    Currently in Columbus treating my kids dog who probably has covid.

I do mostly the same treatment for dogs and humans.

Here it is for those who want to beat it. Start at FIRST sign of symptoms.

Homemade chicken soup and lots of it. Add plain rice for dogs and dilute feedings with 6-8 oz water.
    Aspirin for dogs and Tylenol for humans, aspirin twice a day for dogs, every 4 hrs for humans if fever present.
    Lots of fresh squeezed citrus juices for humans. Vitamin D3 5000iu daily humans only.
    Mucinex and dextromethorphan twice a day for dogs, can go up to 3 times a day if cough severe. Look online for dosage for weight of dog. Humans every 4 to 8 hrs depending on severity of cough.

Lung percussion using cupped hand during a cough to move that shit out. The high fluid causes the secretions to thin, mucinex loosens, percussion helps it break loose so it can be coughed out.

This morning, pup coughed up 2 white hockers, then after percussion was able to move out a yucky brown one. That is the key, get the brown shit out of the lungs. Feed only after morning coughing jags or they will puke while coughing/percussion.

Pup resting comfortably. Good old fashioned treatment is best, thing is, it is WORK, and most people lazy.

Will see if my dogs catch it from her pup, will tell me how their immunity is since they had it last year.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Delusional idiotic AIDS

BCR: Hope your daughter lured you down only to have you committed.

dwai: offset Big Cruddy Retard rep

Gordman: Ill use your highly intelligent words: dumb.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Currently in Columbus treating my kids dog who probably has covid.

I do mostly the same treatment for dogs and humans.

Here it is for those who want to beat it. Start at FIRST sign of symptoms.

Homemade chicken soup and lots of it. Add plain rice for dogs and dilute feedings with 6-8 oz water.
    Aspirin for dogs and Tylenol for humans, aspirin twice a day for dogs, every 4 hrs for humans if fever present.
    Lots of fresh squeezed citrus juices for humans. Vitamin D3 5000iu daily humans only.
    Mucinex and dextromethorphan twice a day for dogs, can go up to 3 times a day if cough severe. Look online for dosage for weight of dog. Humans every 4 to 8 hrs depending on severity of cough.

Lung percussion using cupped hand during a cough to move that shit out. The high fluid causes the secretions to thin, mucinex loosens, percussion helps it break loose so it can be coughed out.

This morning, pup coughed up 2 white hockers, then after percussion was able to move out a yucky brown one. That is the key, get the brown shit out of the lungs. Feed only after morning coughing jags or they will puke while coughing/percussion.

Pup resting comfortably. Good old fashioned treatment is best, thing is, it is WORK, and most people lazy.

Will see if my dogs catch it from her pup, will tell me how their immunity is since they had it last year.
    Columbus Ohio =)....

you know and this might surprise you but, back in 1998 my freshman year of College (i was outta water lolz..) I went to Ohio State for a year, and so lived on North Campus there Dracket Tower by the horshoe, and there was a little sandwich place (ohio kinda) called catfish biffs, it may be gone, but it was well known at ohio state back then. Also back then, OAR the band played around High St. there, Donatos Pizza, the Schottenstein Center, LOL wow, im having flashbacks now, but im a Florida boy now, and maybe still some unfinished business for me in Columbus Ohio, and at Ohio State tis a good degree, that was a memorable pt in time in my life.

Terrible at football then too, like Terrible which is out of sorts for Ohio State, and fans dont like that in Ohio about Ohio State so John Cooper was gone, Steve Belisari was the QB, i used to live in same dorm as Joanthan Wells, the RB and WR Reggie Germany, just Ohio State football types, but they live their own obv life, and dont associate with normal student, you know who they are and see them tho lol

anyway wow, sorry long winded very cool Split, i lived in Columbus on North Campus there, Dracket Tower in i think it was 99 or 99, very neat

Comments

splitthis: Columbus is def for the youngsters

Gold
    Load Metric
    Can anyone tell me why folks are so hard on Splitthis? I never read anything she said that would seem to deserve the hatred she receives here so I assume there is more to the history that I am just not aware of. Even Dwai receives a disproportionate and hateful response along with violent threats and insults about his mom. As I become more familiar with all of you I have a lot more questions about the history here but in the case of split I am quite confused and a little confused about Dwai. Would someone please help me understand this? BCR? Walter? It can't be just because she is anti vax.

Comments

splitthis: It’s a lib vs conservative thing

Load Metric

Comments

splitthis: Lol

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Can anyone tell me why folks are so hard on Splitthis? I never read anything she said that would seem to deserve the hatred she receives here so I assume there is more to the history that I am just not aware of. Even Dwai receives a disproportionate and hateful response along with violent threats and insults about his mom. As I become more familiar with all of you I have a lot more questions about the history here but in the case of split I am quite confused and a little confused about Dwai. Would someone please help me understand this? BCR? Walter? It can't be just because she is anti vax.
    The libs hate that I am not a liberal drone believing false shit.

1. I have been telling everyone for over 1.5 years to get your shit together, eat healthy, vigorous exercise daily because worse is coming and you need to fortify your body. WORSE THAN DELTA IS COMING. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.

2.As far as so called healthy people goes, IF YOU NOT EATING ONLY NATURAL WHOLE FOODS, LOTS OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES, STRENUOUS CARDIO FOR A MIN OF 20 mins DAILY, YOU ARE NOT PREPARING YOUR BODY FOR WHAT IS OUT THERE AND WHAT IS YET TO COME. AKA YOU ARE NOT HEALTHY.

3. LOOK WITHIN AND NOT TO IDIOT FAUCI AND BIG PHARM TO SAVE YOU FROM THIS, THEY CANNOT.

4. CHANGE OR RISK PERISH. IT IS THAT FUCKING SIMPLE.

A friend of a friend was in hospital with pneumonia, he is in every year, they told him he had covid, they told him he had zero antibodies even tho he had the vaccine. DONT RELY ON THAT SHIT TO SAVE YOU, IT WONT.

Comments

country978:

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024:

Walter Sobchak: Also, get vaccinated
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    The libs hate that I am not a liberal drone believing false shit.

1. I have been telling everyone for over 1.5 years to get your shit together, eat healthy, vigorous exercise daily because worse is coming and you need to fortify your body. WORSE THAN DELTA IS COMING. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.

2.As far as so called healthy people goes, IF YOU NOT EATING ONLY NATURAL WHOLE FOODS, LOTS OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES, STRENUOUS CARDIO FOR A MIN OF 20 mins DAILY, YOU ARE NOT PREPARING YOUR BODY FOR WHAT IS OUT THERE AND WHAT IS YET TO COME. AKA YOU ARE NOT HEALTHY.

3. LOOK WITHIN AND NOT TO IDIOT FAUCI AND BIG PHARM TO SAVE YOU FROM THIS, THEY CANNOT.

4. CHANGE OR RISK PERISH. IT IS THAT FUCKING SIMPLE.

I understand the politics of it all but never once did I notice you respond to people saying some pretty awful shit to/about you and that's why I don't get it. Even now, what you're saying is a positive thing with not one insulting word to any of the people who regularly attack you. There has to be more history. I've challenged and disagreed with those you refer to as libs and nobody said anything so terrible to me in response. Anyway, thanks for the response and have a nice day!

A friend of a friend was in hospital with pneumonia, he is in every year, they told him he had covid, they told him he had zero antibodies even tho he had the vaccine. DONT RELY ON THAT SHIT TO SAVE YOU, IT WONT.

Load Metric
    Split you were an unhealthy alcoholic for the vast majority of your adult life I'm happy for you that you found God and conquered your demons but give it a rest nobody likes a preachy old ex-piss head lol
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Gold
    Load Metric

Hope you feel better soon, Druff. I am just now recovering from a 10-12 day battle with what I believe is/was covid. Extreme fatigue, loss of smell and taste. Even still I wasn't sure until I called the poker room on Tuesday looking for a game and was told one of the other players was in ICU with covid and, of course, the last time I played he was at the table and nobody was wearing a mask. I feel about 95% recovered and will be going to play today for the 1st time in almost 2 weeks. And Godspeed to Don because he's a good guy and prone to mistakes at the table.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The funny thing is that split is correct that a healthy lifestyle is important, especially in your later years, if you want to greatly increase your chance of living long.

My dad changed his lifestyle about 40 years ago to be a lot healthier, lose weight, and vigorously exercise. He's now late 70s, has a shocking amount of energy for his age, still exercises a lot, and is healthy. This is despite bad genes on that side of the family where nobody lives a long time. The oldest relative on his side made it to 73.

With that said, he took the vaccine because it's the correct decision (especially for someone his age).

There is a fallacy with some on the right that maintaining a healthy lifestyle will beat COVID. It won't. It will raise your chances against COVID, but a lot of healthy/active people died of COVID simply because they were over 45, and COVID is just a lot more deadly for older people.

It's correct that obesity is a big factor in COVID killing YOUNGER people, but older people are dying left and right, regardless of health.

Everything she's saying about health/lifestlye isn't wrong, but she's missing a huge piece when it comes to the vaccine. At her age (and even mine), it's a very big mistake not to take the vaccine.

Comments

splitthis: Don’t need vax have natural immunity

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    Split you were an unhealthy alcoholic for the vast majority of your adult life I'm happy for you that you found God and conquered your demons but give it a rest nobody likes a preachy old ex-piss head lol
    This is true, goes to show anyone CAN CHANGE. Covid not a big deal if you CHANGE and quit relying on something else to save you, not preaching, it’s the truth.

Lib idiots like BCR wish death on the unvaccinated lolz. I want everyone to thrive but for that to happen, there has to be change, again up to you, just don’t blame me when shit doesn’t work from Fauci and big pharma.

Comments

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024:

dwai:

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information