Thread: Shady Home Poker Games

Load Metric

Shady Home Poker Games

I'm sure a lot of this stuff is happening in some home games.

They hire an "outside dealer" who's been trained by the people who put the game together to pull tricks like this.

They usually get away with it because players are too trusting and too stupid.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Funny you mention this, because I actually have an invite to an LA area home game this week, and I'm worried about both this and the game being robbed.

The only reason I considered it is because I really don't want to play in live cardrooms with all the mask mandates and other bullshit. But between the $25 rake and the security risks, I just can't bring myself to do it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    I'm sure a lot of this stuff is happening in some home games.

They hire an "outside dealer" who's been trained by the people who put the game together to pull tricks like this.

They usually get away with it because players are too trusting and too stupid.

I hope he isn't telling the truth
    because that is a garbage disguise.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Funny you mention this, because I actually have an invite to an LA area home game this week, and I'm worried about both this and the game being robbed.

The only reason I considered it is because I really don't want to play in live cardrooms with all the mask mandates and other bullshit. But between the $25 rake and the security risks, I just can't bring myself to do it.

have the game at yr house. invite only ..

Load Metric
    About 10 years ago I was invited to a poker game at a private club in Hollywood, Florida. A friend of mine played their a couple of times and said it was real juicy. I was going to go, but then I felt sick and didn't want to go. My friend would up not going either that night and went to the Hard Rock instead. Anyway, that night the game was robbed by several armed men. They knew who was supposed to be there, which cars they drove, and how much they probably had on them. They even knew who had the really expensive watches/jewelry. Luckily, nobody was shot, but they made off with over $100k in cash and tens of thousands in jewelry. The club was closed down shortly thereafter.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    About 10 years ago I was invited to a poker game at a private club in Hollywood, Florida. A friend of mine played their a couple of times and said it was real juicy. I was going to go, but then I felt sick and didn't want to go. My friend would up not going either that night and went to the Hard Rock instead. Anyway, that night the game was robbed by several armed men. They knew who was supposed to be there, which cars they drove, and how much they probably had on them. They even knew who had the really expensive watches/jewelry. Luckily, nobody was shot, but they made off with over $100k in cash and tens of thousands in jewelry. The club was closed down shortly thereafter.
    Shitty security to say the least.. if they didnt have armed security with that much liquid and near liquid assets on the table and the players they were foolish.. a few hundred likely wouldve covered the security costs..

Load Metric
    Truthfully this home game issue is probably the one legit excuse to play on a club like pppoker PokerBros or whatnot assuming the organizer can be trusted absolutely. Also came across another one it’s no frills for sure but there’s none of the diamonds to buy coins bullshit going on and you can literally run any stakes you want on it for $99 a month for as big a club as you want. It’s called pocket poker room and yeah there’s surely a joke there to be have… https://pocketpokerroom.com/

Cool thing is you can run like your own home club with a points system for cash games and tournaments all built in making it easier for admins of friendly competition poker groups.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Truthfully this home game issue is probably the one legit excuse to play on a club like pppoker PokerBros or whatnot assuming the organizer can be trusted absolutely. Also came across another one it’s no frills for sure but there’s none of the diamonds to buy coins bullshit going on and you can literally run any stakes you want on it for $99 a month for as big a club as you want. It’s called pocket poker room and yeah there’s surely a joke there to be have… https://pocketpokerroom.com/

Cool thing is you can run like your own home club with a points system for cash games and tournaments all built in making it easier for admins of friendly competition poker groups.
    That software is a piece of shit dude come on now.. So as of now the chinese poker app family tree keeps growing first we had PPPoker and PokerBros (which admittedly has probably the largest share of business out there now), then came along UPoker and now Pokerfishes which appears to be run by a bunch of turban heads in India.. (cheaper chip costs at 1:3 diamond chip ratio vs the shitty 40% return on chips from diamonds on PB and the 1:1.5 on UPoker for those running clubs bad thing is with how its setup only real viable economy would be truly 1 chip is 100 satoshis model (cant run a sng or mtt for less then 10 chips which would be smallest tournament in the .46 price range depending on btc prices). I didnt even mention Pokerr2 because well its truly not viable for a business operation.

Thread Information