Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** MLB 2021 Thread

Load Metric
    Here's the fun question Druff, who gets quasi-benched when Seager is back? It has to be Bellinger right? Or do you sit Taylor/Pollock more often, despite their hot hitting to prevent any psychological damage to Cody?

Either way, a nice problem to have if you're considering platooning a former MVP

Platinum
    Load Metric
    havent been following baseball much, but why the hell are the cubs just gutting everything? dont ever remember a team sending 3 youngish studs away at the trade deadline...

my number 1 answer is money, but thought they were fairly loaded....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    havent been following baseball much, but why the hell are the cubs just gutting everything? dont ever remember a team sending 3 youngish studs away at the trade deadline...

They're all about to be free agents, and yes, The Cubs ownership is crying poor after last year. They're gonna be operating at a lower payroll for a bit...which is just dumb.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Here's the fun question Druff, who gets quasi-benched when Seager is back? It has to be Bellinger right? Or do you sit Taylor/Pollock more often, despite their hot hitting to prevent any psychological damage to Cody?

Either way, a nice problem to have if you're considering platooning a former MVP
    Probably a platoon with Pollock/Bellinger.

Load Metric
    Meanwhile tonight’s lineup is an utter bag of donuts

They should have gotten Seager used to second base immediately. Trea Turner SS

Name:  DFB34425-77A5-4CD9-B6F5-901BE5B3C471.jpeg
Views: 276
Size:  292.1 KB

Load Metric
    Didn't realize Seager was back already. Guess my earlier question should have been phrased "when Mookie/Trea get back".

Turner a better SS than Seager, but they'll defer to Seager staying there, probably cause he hasn't played anywhere else. Wonder if Trea will play 2B or CF primarily?

Load Metric
    Also, LOL at the Rockies. They are now the absentee father of organizations. Not a single trade. Story and Gray should have fetched nice returns. After the GM (and some others I think) quit, I read reports that quoted other teams FO guys saying that they literally didn't even know who to call to discuss trades with Colorado.

What a joke. If I was an agent to a HS kid drafted by them, I'd recommend not signing and re-enter next year.

Load Metric
    Didn't realize Seager was back already. Guess my earlier question should have been phrased "when Mookie/Trea get back".

Turner a better SS than Seager, but they'll defer to Seager staying there, probably cause he hasn't played anywhere else. Wonder if Trea will play 2B or CF primarily?
    Shortstops are the best athletes on their respective teams. Every infield player in college was a shortstop at high school. Every college second baseman was once a shortstop. The funnel from high school to the Show is the same. If you can take the best you take the shortstop.

There are exceptions but if you’re a parent wondering if your kid can make the next step - is he a shortstop? There are exceptions.

Seager’s run is over. It’s time to make the transition. Either in the bigs or Oklahoma.

Comments

NickyPipes: Common for shortstops to also be QB or PG for high school team

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, LOL at the Rockies. They are now the absentee father of organizations. Not a single trade. Story and Gray should have fetched nice returns. After the GM (and some others I think) quit, I read reports that quoted other teams FO guys saying that they literally didn't even know who to call to discuss trades with Colorado.

What a joke. If I was an agent to a HS kid drafted by them, I'd recommend not signing and re-enter next year.
    I attended a Coors Field game 2 weeks ago. I'll post more about it later.

It was like being at Dodger Stadium of the Rockies. There was actually more cheering for the Dodgers than the home team. It was embarrassing. This is understandable in a close place like San Diego, or even a semi-close one like Phoenix. But Colorado? GTFO.

So their own fans can't even outnumber Dodgers fans at a Rockies/Dodgers game in Denver, and yet they're keeping Story, Blackmon, and Gray... why?

Comments

NickyPipes: I have been there as well it’s a nice stadium

Gold
    Load Metric

Confusingly bad decision making. Do not forget they also gave Nolan Aranado away for very cheap in the off-season. Sad situation, they had some good teams a few years back and a few studs. Turned it into absolutely nothing. I remember betting Rockies on road in wild card game against Cubs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Meanwhile tonight’s lineup is an utter bag of donuts

They should have gotten Seager used to second base immediately. Trea Turner SS

Name:  DFB34425-77A5-4CD9-B6F5-901BE5B3C471.jpeg
Views: 276
Size:  292.1 KB

That’s some sad shit Druff
    Big donut

Load Metric
    You’re going to wake up tomorrow, Druff, and Kenley Jansen will still be on the pillow beside you.

short honeymoon, eh?

Diamondbacks y’all

Gold
    Load Metric
    Tampa Bay Rays take over first place in the AL East. Yankees win again in Miami.

Big game in Tampa tomorrow night, I’ll be betting Rays -125

Comments

shoeshine box: trap line -125 opening . beware... -132 openers are Golden

Load Metric
    Wildcard race definitely heating up.

Jays gaining some swagger finally being @ home in Canada. I realize it's only the Royals but if they start gaining momentum who knows.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Wildcard race definitely heating up.

Jays gaining some swagger finally being @ home in Canada. I realize it's only the Royals but if they start gaining momentum who knows.
    Brother the Blue Jays are an extremely tough team. I have noticed they get all sorts of respect from the book on the lines. They’ve been big money favorites a lot lately

The Big Game is going down in Tampa. Hope you took the Rays early as that -125 jumped way up today. Nice to see the Rays on Sunday Night baseball, seems every week is Phillies, Braves, cardinal, Cubs

Why not an Oakland As game on Sunday night? Why not Toronto ?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

They're all about to be free agents, and yes, The Cubs ownership is crying poor after last year. They're gonna be operating at a lower payroll for a bit...which is just dumb.
    wow thats unreal on all accounts...i thought they had already signed rizzo and forgot that bryant was in his 10th-11th year of arbitration hell...

lol at the cubs crying poor...off the top of my head they have to be the 4th richest team behind the yanks, sauwks and dodgers...

Load Metric

Still happy with the one chip after being conditioned my whole life that the Cubs were perennial losers but tough to see these guys go.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Due to the three-headed monster in the NL West, there won't be an NL Wildcard race this year, in all likelihood.

In fact, the only interesting races in August/September in the NL will involve who is the eventual NL West winner, and which crappy team and squeak out an NL East title.

There are essentially 4 good teams in the NL this year:

Giants (67-39)
    Dodgers (64-43)
    Brewers (64-43)
    Padres (61-47)

The Reds are 56-50 and the Mets are 55-50. No other team is more than 1 game over .500.

The Phillies, in second, are 53-53. Probably won't happen, but there's a chance that the NL East winner will be at or under .500.

I still think the Dodgers will overtake the Giants, especially given their recent moves. That will likely leave the Giants and Padres in that weird one-game playoff for the wildcard spot in the NLDS.

Load Metric
    There is a $105m difference in payroll. I am not usually “that” guy. It’s just that it’s Dodger alumn Zaidi we are talking about so it’s a fair observation.

We don’t look at payroll on a one-year basis. We view payroll over a multi-year period,” Dodgers president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman said Friday. “From our standpoint, it’s about maximizing our odds of winning a championship whenever we can.”
    I respect what they have done because they never committed to winning like this before. This was an annual astonishment that I was vocal about.

It’s also Friedman’s last shot with this crew. We will see. Hopefully we see great things.

Name:  D66F43E1-15CD-4DFE-8DE2-275F2ED7A76C.jpeg
Views: 225
Size:  417.0 KB

This was written years ago but obviously is still timely. Always fell short.

Name:  55E4E279-31EE-4859-BE91-51DF3E2D1CBF.jpeg
Views: 178
Size:  34.4 KB

Load Metric
    I bet some Phillies NL East +400. More Mets injuries. It’s unbelievable. Javier Baez almost joined the list

Unless there is a miracle at Lourdes the Mets are toast.

Thread Information