Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great risk/reward intermediate term equity

Load Metric

Great risk/reward intermediate term equity

Intellia Therapeutics (NTLA)

Friends, this may be one of my greatest investment ideas of all time. Of course, only time will tell. My track record with regards to actively picking and choosing healthcare stocks is uncanny. I've tracked this particular company since it IPO'd a couple months back at ~18/ share in private placement. The technology this company is helping pioneer en masse is CRISPR/Cas-9 gene editing. This is potentially groundbreaking science we're talking about, and certainly not your run of the mill sandbox malarkey. Mind you, I've never dedicated a thread to a single investment thesis, so rest assured this is an extremely promising investment in a sector which should in theory flourish with no price controls/regulation in sight. Intellia's partnerships with Norvartis and Regeneron indicate to me that its management and team are very much capable of stellar R&D. The current pps of $14.80 presents an excellent entry point and I own ~ $23,000 worth of the company's stock at an avg price of 15.04.

Many of you will question my motivations in making this invaluable information public, but please bear in mind that the holidays are coming up and I'd like everyone to be able to get their loved ones a nice gift.

-Krypt

Comments

Henry: :popcorn

Gold
    Load Metric
    Good luck on your investment. I thought the CRISPR hype was fading away. I traded this stock earlier this year but haven't look at it since.

Comments

Krypt:

Load Metric
    You'll learn the hard way that picking individual stocks as a method to make money is a certified failure. They only exception was probably from 1995-1999 when the Internet stock market bubble made some people rich right away, but a lot of people poor long term.

I have found picking individual stocks is dangerous. Even when you win on a stock, there are two more that go south on you. Then you have the whole tax issue with capital gains, blah, blah blah.

It's not worth it long term for a small investor. Like I said chances are you will learn the hard way as you get older, there are always an exception here and there. Good luck.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post

Friends, this may be one of my greatest investment ideas of all time. Of course, only time will tell. My track record with regards to actively picking and choosing healthcare stocks is uncanny. I've tracked this particular company since it IPO'd a couple months back at ~18/ share in private placement. The technology this company is helping pioneer en masse is CRISPR/Cas-9 gene editing. This is potentially groundbreaking science we're talking about, and certainly not your run of the mill sandbox malarkey. Mind you, I've never dedicated a thread to a single investment thesis, so rest assured this is an extremely promising investment in a sector which should in theory flourish with no price controls/regulation in sight. Intellia's partnerships with Norvartis and Regeneron indicate to me that its management and team are very much capable of stellar R&D. The current pps of $14.80 presents an excellent entry point and I own ~ $23,000 worth of the company's stock at an avg price of 15.04.

Many of you will question my motivations in making this invaluable information public, but please bear in mind that the holidays are coming up and I'd like everyone to be able to get their loved ones a nice gift.

-Krypt
    Shitty stock bruh. I'd sell now

Load Metric

-Krypt
    Looking to pump the value of the stock up so you can sell at leas of a loss? Smart...
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post
    You'll learn the hard way that picking individual stocks as a method to make money is a certified failure. They only exception was probably from 1995-1999 when the Internet stock market bubble made some people rich right away, but a lot of people poor long term.

I have found picking individual stocks is dangerous. Even when you win on a stock, there are two more that go south on you. Then you have the whole tax issue with capital gains, blah, blah blah.

It's not worth it long term for a small investor. Like I said chances are you will learn the hard way as you get older, there are always an exception here and there. Good luck.
    The hardest part about picking individual stocks is holding them. Too tempting to sell them, especially after a decent gain.

Load Metric
    Up 10% today

With great power comes great responsibility

Please clap.

Comments

Pooh: please clap....lol. made me chuckle.

Load Metric
    Krypt I thought you didn't like masturbation yet you make posts stroking yourself.

Load Metric
    How much are you on margin with this one be honest? Risky business. Look at DVAX today. Could happen to any biotech. I'll keep my oil but good luck. Made around 30k SRPT this past summer dicking around with options but that was risky business as well.

Load Metric
    You know I was looking at SRPT for a long time, but never brought myself to pulling the trigger there. Apparently, there were many FDA panel members who completely disagreed with the approval.

Load Metric
    You know I was looking at SRPT for a long time, but never brought myself to pulling the trigger there. Apparently, there were many FDA panel members who completely disagreed with the approval.
    The head woman was for it from the start. The writing was on the wall but one never knows for sure. The weekly options for SRPT were the most ridiculous I've ever seen and it went on from June through August. The weekly premiums were $2-4 depending on the week and we're talking a $10-20 stock. On margin we were making 75% some weeks. I made around 34k, only traded it for maybe four weeks and never traded more than 60 options any given week. I would've made a couple hundred if I had a ball sack which I don't evidently.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Up 10% today

With great power comes great responsibility

Please clap.
    You should thank TRUMP for that move. Biotech has been hot since he got into office.

Load Metric
    Sold my entire position @ 18.76 for a two day profit of 25%. Please note that this was an intermediate term investment so you can rest assured that I will be revisiting this thesis once the dust settles, but a big league profit is nice nontheless.

Comments

Henry: big league

Pooh: big league or bigly?

Load Metric
    Krypt pulling his own pump and dump scam.

On his way to making billions.

Don't forget us little people.
    Tradition is a set of solutions for which we have forgotten the problems.

Load Metric
    Sold my entire position @ 18.76 for a two day profit of 25%. Please note that this was an intermediate term investment so you can rest assured that I will be revisiting this thesis once the dust settles, but a big league profit is nice nontheless.
    Like I said earlier, this is a risky strategy. You basically daytraded (gambled) and won. But that 25% is more like 17% since you have that pesky capital gains taxes on your win. If you post your next 20 gambles you will lose 10 of them. Right then and there you are break even. But it gets worse, because you will chase your losses and then you have taxes.

I am telling you in advance daytrading or flipping stocks is a total loser strategy long term. The only exception was a brief period in the late 90s, but even then most people lost it all (some cashed out but not many).

Silver
    Load Metric
    Like I said earlier, this is a risky strategy. You basically daytraded (gambled) and won. But that 25% is more like 17% since you have that pesky capital gains taxes on your win. If you post your next 20 gambles you will lose 10 of them. Right then and there you are break even. But it gets worse, because you will chase your losses and then you have taxes.

I am telling you in advance daytrading or flipping stocks is a total loser strategy long term. The only exception was a brief period in the late 90s, but even then most people lost it all (some cashed out but not many).
    It's only LT cap gains if held for longer than 1 year. Otherwise it's taxed at OI rates as it would be in Krypt's case. So it's really worse than the picture you paint but of course losses are deducted against gains and you also have the carry forward. Which by the way if you're trading a lot in the short term you have to be careful about the wash sale rule as well as the pattern day trading rule.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post

It's only LT cap gains if held for longer than 1 year. Otherwise it's taxed at OI rates as it would be in Krypt's case.
    Either way, its a risky strategy at best to blindly pick stocks as a small investor. I mean, every now and again I will throw out a $5K marker, I win $3K in a week, get cocky and lose another $4K a month later on some risky stocks and wasted a lot of time. Then I give all the print-outs to my accountant, and he is like WTF, not again I have to process this shit. Its just not worth it.

Comments

Sheesfaced: Agree completely and I have quite a bit of knowledge and experience on the topic.

Load Metric

Have you seen any of his stock picks? Trust me, he's got a lot of write offs.

Gold
    Load Metric

Friends, this may be one of my greatest investment ideas of all time. Of course, only time will tell.
    Of all time? And sold 48 hours later.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

Friends, this may be one of my greatest investment ideas of all time. Of course, only time will tell.
    Of all time? And sold 48 hours later.
    Give the kid some credit. It's his first pick that's ever gone up. Quick trigger finger though I'll give you that, especially if it goes to the moon.

Thread Information