Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeffrey Epstein Donkdown

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

Punitive damages go to the state always. Compensatory goes to the victims. The theory behind punitive is it's a punishment and the victim doesn't have the right to punish but the state does.

Wonder what kind of shape his will was in.

This guy was EXTREMELY wealthy. It sounded like he might of controlled over 100 million in apartments alone in NYC. He tipped well I read. This guy was a true .01%er in terms of wealth and it all appears to be unexplained.

The fight to make his will public, etc will be interesting. This guy had unexplained wealth on another level.

Can't speak as to every state obv, but in all of the states I'm familiar with the plaintiff can get some portion of the punitives, though a large portion of them are taxed and/or go to the State.

Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Punitive damages go to the state always. Compensatory goes to the victims. The theory behind punitive is it's a punishment and the victim doesn't have the right to punish but the state does.

This guy was EXTREMELY wealthy. It sounded like he might of controlled over 100 million in apartments alone in NYC. He tipped well I read. This guy was a true .01%er in terms of wealth and it all appears to be unexplained.

The fight to make his will public, etc will be interesting. This guy had unexplained wealth on another level.
    Who amonst us expects true justice....? The guy was offed in federal prison. Even if he directed someone to deliver a fatal needle it's all the same. It's untenable corruption. Joe average is a sucker at this point. The most guilty are not brought to trial. The rich have their way. I have no faith whatsoever in true justice.

You might as well revolt now....Fuck the idiots going after Walmart shoppers, direct your attention on the worst people in society.....those in power......shoot because you cannot miss

In a world that O.J. walks, just fucking forget it

It has always been this way and will likely remain so. But no, it isn't fair or right. Karma exists however.

Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

can you sue for compensatory damages for something like Epstein did? gonna guess the answer is yes...

so assuming that is yes, who determines how this is handled from Epstein's end? who the hell knows what he's worth, but let's just say it's a billion...if im the heir to all that dough and these victims come through, instead of going through the courts why the hell not just float $250-500M at 'em, make 'em go away and collect the rest...assuming whoever is inheriting all of this money can't get their hands on it until it's adjudicated through the courts and i'm guessing that shit can take awhile...

looked and found the aaron Hernandez thing (https://nesn.com/2019/07/aaron-herna...tims-families/)

compensatory damages are just a part of the "general damages I described above" and encompass pain and suffering, etc.

His estate will take a decade to wind down.

can you sue for compensatory damages for something like Epstein did? gonna guess the answer is yes...

so assuming that is yes, who determines how this is handled from Epstein's end? who the hell knows what he's worth, but let's just say it's a billion...if im the heir to all that dough and these victims come through, instead of going through the courts why the hell not just float $250-500M at 'em, make 'em go away and collect the rest...assuming whoever is inheriting all of this money can't get their hands on it until it's adjudicated through the courts and i'm guessing that shit can take awhile...

looked and found the aaron Hernandez thing (https://nesn.com/2019/07/aaron-herna...tims-families/)
    Juries (unless the jury trial is waved and a judge hears the case) award punitive and compensatory damages once they award a verdict for the plaintiff. There are usually state limits on compensatory damages. The juries are aware of the distinctions when they litigate damages once they have litigated blame.

I assume his estate will be tied up in lawsuits for a long time. There is $$ there and the lawyers, victims, fake victims, etc all will want a piece of it.

What if his estate sues the jail for not keeping safe an obviously suicidal inmate? I mean sure, why not?

And how much of a salary was he paying all those older women whose job it was to recruit the young girls? Those ladies helping him find the talent had to be ringing the cash register like a boss.

You are right, the receiver (see below) or whoever the claim is likely assigned to will sue the jail for allowing the suicide. These are difficult claims, but frankly given the facts as we now know them, it will likely be able to reach a jury. In NY it's probably worth something. Down here where I practice it would be worthless except for the chance of an assessed attorney fee award following w a nominal verdict at best.

Juries (unless the jury trial is waved and a judge hears the case) award punitive and compensatory damages once they award a verdict for the plaintiff. There are usually state limits on compensatory damages. The juries are aware of the distinctions when they litigate damages once they have litigated blame.

I assume his estate will be tied up in lawsuits for a long time. There is $$ there and the lawyers, victims, fake victims, etc all will want a piece of it.

What if his estate sues the jail for not keeping safe an obviously suicidal inmate? I mean sure, why not?

And how much of a salary was he paying all those older women whose job it was to recruit the young girls? Those ladies helping him find the talent had to be ringing the cash register like a boss.
    obv everybody is gonna want a piece of the money pot...

so you're saying that even if his estate/benefactor/whoever wanted to just say 'fuck it' here's a shitton of money they couldn't do that basically because they have no idea what the amount of a lawsuit might be even if $250-500M is a stupidly absurd amount of money that will cover all damages?

Ultimately that is how it will go down. It is just going to take a long time b/c with him dead there will be even more "victims" coming out of the closet so to speak. I'm sure Epstein had been squirling away as much as he could since these allegations came out again, but you'd be surprised how much of that can be traced back given the proper motivation -- which exists here.

Also, the Executor will as mentioned end up filing a federal suit for allowing him to off himself. Any proceeds would go to the Estate and thereafter to the victims depending on how all of this shakes out.

I would expect the Court to appoint a receiver or sorts to take over the administration of this Estate and disregard the chosen Executor who I am sure is his brother and will naturally be biased and therefore unbondable.
    Did you say, yes you did... karma exists. And you get coffee for lawyers? Why bother?
    Resign, and leave this site

Load Metric
    How about the girl who talked her boyfriend into suicide got a couple of years in prison.

https://www.latimes.com/nation/natio...803-story.html

Load Metric
    Five pages in and noone yet thought to mention an alternative reason for Epstein to hang himself in that jail cell?

https://news.softpedia.com/news/Dead...oo-77649.shtml

Comments

sonatine: trying to be funny again

thesidedish: lol atine, u clicking mumbles' links dawg??
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    First suicide in MCC in 21 years, nothing to see here folks.

Load Metric
    Most of the guards are black and lazy. Didn't check on him for 4hours insteaad of every 30 minutes don't know if would have made difference.. Should have had the gimp watching him.

Comments

Gookieheimowitz: Gimps asleep rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    First suicide in MCC in 21 years, nothing to see here folks.
    Learning more, second suicide in 40 years (not 21 as they dig deeper), but totally above board, nothing to see here.

Load Metric
    heard from a very reliable source that jeff ep was indeed “satoshi nakamoto”

Load Metric
    2k19 and you still allow krypt posts WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW TODGE THIS SITE IS LIT

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Five pages in and noone yet thought to mention an alternative reason for Epstein to hang himself in that jail cell?

https://news.softpedia.com/news/Dead...oo-77649.shtml
    Name:  Dillingers_Body_Exhumation.0.jpg
Views: 4599
Size:  137.0 KB

FTR mumbles I laughed

FTR Krypt, I didn't

Comments

MumblesBadly: The woman in the white outfit (a nurse?) looks like she got caught in a guilty pleasure.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    2k19 and you still allow krypt posts WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW TODGE THIS SITE IS LIT

i feel like you dont really understand how much ive banked off krypt's football picks but you do you.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i have never ever heard of the state getting even one cent of a punitive damage award brought by an individual, at least not in typical tort cases such as the ones that would be brought by epstein's victims.

there would be no incentive for the plaintiff to waste resources seeking them.

See OCGA Sec. 51-12-5.1(e)(2).

Platinum
    Load Metric
    FBI agents swarm Jeffrey Epstein's private Caribbean island

FBI agents raided Jeffrey Epstein's private island in the Caribbean on Monday in a vivid display that the probe into his alleged sex trafficking ring is continuing despite his death.

A swarm of federal agents was seen fanning out across Little St. James in golf carts about 10:30 a.m.

"We were just trying to look at pretty fish and swim with turtles and here we are in the middle of an FBI raid," said Kelly Quinn, the owner of Salty Dog Day Sails, who was running a sailing charter in the area.

"This has been something on our radar for years," Quinn added. "We're all really curious why it's happening now."

Two senior law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation confirmed that the FBI launched a search of Epstein's private island home off the coast of St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

The search was directed by the Epstein task force led by the U.S. attorney's office for the Southern District of New York, the officials said.

A spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney’s Office declined to comment.

A law enforcement source said the search of Epstein's home and private island in the U.S. Virgin islands was suggested years ago, but evidently went nowhere.

The raid was launched two days after Epstein was found unresponsive in his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York City. He was pronounced dead at a lower Manhattan hospital. Multiple law enforcement officials said Epstein appeared to have hanged himself, but his official cause of death is pending.

Epstein had been held at the federal jail since July 6, when he was arrested on charges of trafficking and sexually abusing girls as young as 14 in the early 2000s. He was facing up to 45 years in prison if convicted on two counts of sex trafficking and conspiracy.

Epstein purchased the picturesque island off the coast of St. Thomas for $7.95 million in 1998. He went on to build a sprawling estate featuring a 24,000-square-foot private residence, two pools, a spa and an odd blue-striped structure that has been the subject of endless online fascination.

Steve Scully, an IT worker who worked on Epstein’s island from 1999 to 2006, said he often saw young women there and the main residence was filled with photos of topless girls.

"I don't know if they were kids," Scully told NBC News last month. "They looked young to me In almost every one of his — the master bedroom, the office, and the gymnasium certainly."

The investigation into Epstein's alleged sex trafficking network is continuing despite his death, multiple top law enforcement officials have said.

"To those brave young women who have already come forward and to the many others who have yet to do so, let me reiterate that we remain committed to standing for you, and our investigation of the conduct charged in the indictment — which included a conspiracy count — remains ongoing," U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman said in a statement Saturday

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...sland-n1041596

Platinum
    Load Metric
    There's a guy who has been flying a drone around the island for the past month

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGF...SgF5e4OELMbDjg

Here is a short clip showing part of yesterday's (8/12) raid

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Here's what a Jeffrey Epstein party on his private island, probably looked like...cocaine everywhere + topless underage hookers.

Load Metric
    i have never ever heard of the state getting even one cent of a punitive damage award brought by an individual, at least not in typical tort cases such as the ones that would be brought by epstein's victims.

The bolded part in this sectuon makes sense:

(2) Seventy-five percent of any amounts awarded under this subsection as punitive damages, less a proportionate part of the costs of litigation, including reasonable attorney's fees, all as determined by the trial judge, shall be paid into the treasury of the state through the Office of the State Treasurer.
    The plaintiff won’t receive the lion’s share of any awarded punitive damages, but their attorneys will get some portion of that loot, thus motivating them to make the best case possible for their client even if the compensatory damages are relatively small.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

what the fuck is going on in georgia

Load Metric
    A very convenient east coast airport hub, donald glovers hit show, a thriving real housewives franchise, and some mediocre to ok food

Load Metric

Comments

devidee: Prolly just a jooincidence
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Thread Information