Page 34 of 946 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134534 ... LastLast

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Iran has surged up the leaderboard. Yesterday they reported their first two cases at the same time they reported two deaths. Today 18 cases and 4 deaths. Seems they didn’t realize they had it until they died and likely did some damage up until that point.

South Korea has added 134 cases in last 24 hours

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Iran has surged up the leaderboard. Yesterday they reported their first two cases at the same time they reported two deaths. Today 18 cases and 4 deaths. Seems they didn’t realize they had it until they died and likely did some damage up until that point.

South Korea has added 134 cases in last 24 hours
    At least Trump and his goons are MAGAing it up by bringing that shit back to the US. yay.

This thing is very contagious and I'm pretty sure it won't be contained.

Load Metric
    Watch for controlled virus planting coming to some communities soon.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Watch for Chinese fake news about how it originated in the US soon.

oh.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Once again on this issue, clearly the CDC didn’t like the cut to funding in Trumps latest budget. I found this excerpt particularly interesting because I could see this turning into a pretty damning campaign ad if this thing ever catches fire in the US. The DNC might start smuggling Chinese here.

It reads like a list of cases we had contained at 13 for weeks in this row and now these new 21 cases brought to you courtesy of the Trump administration.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will now track confirmed cases of novel coronavirus in the United States in two separate and distinct groups: those repatriated by the US Department of State and those identified by the US public health network.

What this means: By these new metrics, there are now 21 confirmed cases among repatriated Americans and 13 confirmed cases among Americans first identified on US soil, said Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Disease.

in the last few days, really for the first time, im seeing hugely established personalities on twitter losing their fucking marbles over our total inability to respond to this appropriately.

note that 90% of the people i follow on twitter are republican day traders / hedge managers. and they are all caps locking at @realdonaldtrump, and they are all terrified.

I wish I had any technical ability whatsoever because I would be spamming Facebook with ads with spooky music that read something along the lines of,” Trump promised to protect our borders. What good does a wall do when Donald Trump authorizes flights full of infected patients to land in our airports.”

Cut to video of gurneys of patients coming off airplane. Cut to a small child coughing and looking up at her mother with tears in her eyes saying, “mommy I don’t feel good.” Old Spanish Flu stills. MASA. Make America Sick Again.

That shit would even play in the country.

Comments

sonatine: on it

Load Metric

in the last few days, really for the first time, im seeing hugely established personalities on twitter losing their fucking marbles over our total inability to respond to this appropriately.

note that 90% of the people i follow on twitter are republican day traders / hedge managers. and they are all caps locking at @realdonaldtrump, and they are all terrified.

I wish I had any technical ability whatsoever because I would be spamming Facebook with ads with spooky music that read something along the lines of,” Trump promised to protect our borders. What good does a wall do when Donald Trump authorizes flights full of infected patients to land in our airports.”

Cut to video of gurneys of patients coming off airplane. Cut to a small child coughing and looking up at her mother with tears in her eyes saying, “mommy I don’t feel good.” Old Spanish Flu stills. MASA. Make America Sick Again.

That shit would even play in the country.
    So the traditional flu kills hundreds of thousands world wide and nobody gives a fucking shit. But Corona nukes a few hundred and everyone freaks out. Give me a break.

Load Metric

this feels less and less like something that just naturally happened in the wild

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Iran up to 9 deaths since 12 hours ago with only 28 reported cases. They must have a boatload of undetected cases as that cruise shit has 600+ with only 2 deaths.

Comments

sonatine: dude iran

Load Metric

Load Metric
    apparently something like 80% of our pharmaceuticals come from china and we are going to start running out within 2 months?

not sure if thats a panicware rumor or not but yikes on bikes.

Comments

BCR: Oops.

Load Metric
    I mean, I don’t know fuckall about Iranian health care, but they are approaching the total deaths of row outside China in like 48 hours. Logic dictates they must have more than a 1000+ cases, and that’s being conservative. Italy has added another 35 in last day and a death. Genie appears out of the bottle.

Comments

sonatine: pending a vaccine its basically here to stay

Load Metric
    On top of it, Iran has elections today. I have a feeling China will be old news in a month.

Backpage hookers, now this. I like the kid, but I think putting krypt in isolation at this point is the prudent move.

Comments

sonatine: kids so virulent

Load Metric
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...211643953.html

US says Russia is behind disinformation campaign

Thousands of Russian-linked social media accounts have launched a coordinated effort to spread alarm about the coronavirus, disrupting global efforts to combat the epidemic, US officials told AFP news agency. False personas are being used on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to advance Russian talking points and conspiracies, including suggesting that the CIA is behind the virus that has claimed more than 2,300 lives, mostly in China.

"Russia's intent is to sow discord and undermine US institutions and alliances from within, including through covert and coercive malign influence campaigns," said Philip Reeker, the acting assistant secretary of state for Europe and Eurasia. "By spreading disinformation about coronavirus, Russian malign actors are once again choosing to threaten public safety by distracting the global health response," he said.

Sont, you an agent provo? (bitchin!)

Comments

Daly: In Russia Hiipo real problem
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Name:  D79F9860-45B0-45BA-A4DB-AF272ED03EDC.jpeg
Views: 431
Size:  99.0 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    prediction: based on the way its been trading, Gilead will have the first treatment to market

This story has been out for 2 weeks now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...211643953.html

US says Russia is behind disinformation campaign

Thousands of Russian-linked social media accounts have launched a coordinated effort to spread alarm about the coronavirus, disrupting global efforts to combat the epidemic, US officials told AFP news agency. False personas are being used on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to advance Russian talking points and conspiracies, including suggesting that the CIA is behind the virus that has claimed more than 2,300 lives, mostly in China.

"Russia's intent is to sow discord and undermine US institutions and alliances from within, including through covert and coercive malign influence campaigns," said Philip Reeker, the acting assistant secretary of state for Europe and Eurasia. "By spreading disinformation about coronavirus, Russian malign actors are once again choosing to threaten public safety by distracting the global health response," he said.

Sont, you an agent provo? (bitchin!)
    india, hilariously, is the #1 source for coronavirus disinfo / miracle cure scams on youtube.

Load Metric
    washington post just ran a lead that the 2 week incubation period is fiction.

also my supermarket no longer offers to deliver gallon jugs of bleach and for the first time in the 3 years ive been there, they ran out of chateaubriand.

obviously just a coincidence.

Load Metric
    i think, very soon, we are about to receive an object lesson in why its a bad idea to elect mentally ill idiots who dont believe in science.

Load Metric
    i think, very soon, we are about to receive an object lesson in why its a bad idea to elect mentally ill idiots who dont believe in science.

I bought 1000 shares of SH late Friday. It's time.

Comments

sonatine: king play

Thread Information