Thread: Thread where you were in your most threatening situation

Load Metric

Thread where you were in your most threatening situation

I was in college, a senior. I am 6' 1" tall and back in my early 20s I was well, flat out buff. I was benching 200 Lbs 20 reps and also heavy squats. I also dabbled in some what would be considered MMA today but it was more greco wrestling at the gym I worked out in. I damn near choked a guy in the gym out but that is beside the point.

So was at a bar and me and this guy got into an altercation. Given the size differential I could have easily overwhelmed him but I took the high road. Walked away.

Anyway, I walked out to my car and drove off and lo and behold a beer can was flung at my car door, a full beer made a huge dent. I followed the car pissed, knowing who it was, the dude that fronted me in the bar. Went down a dirt road for nearly a mile. I got out of my car and yeah big mistake, like three dudes got out of the car and another 5 sprinted out of the house.

The guy whom approached me at the bar was all up in my face. I towered over him and could have easily snapped his neck, but I was not sure about a couple guys who were drunk and I might end up with a broken neck myself. For whatever reason they let me drive off, but I was prepared for a death match. Thankfully it never came to that.

What is your most dangerous moment faced with?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Angry Inglewood gang members trying to pull alongside my car in 1988: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...l=1#post992475

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Angry Inglewood gang members trying to pull alongside my car in 1988: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...l=1#post992475
    My story was a little more dire. Literally is was 8 against 1. Most were drunk and high and there was a lake on the property so you could imagine what could have occurred. There were like two sober guys and they were like "man just let him go". Like I said I was pretty intimidating looking at the time, I think they probably knew I would get two or three of them before they got me. Now I never saw a gun, that might have changed things, it was also pitch dark only our headlights were illuminating things. It just took one guy to jump me and it was on, thankfully that never happened and I just drove off with dent in my car. I thought about driving back for a few days, but I was graduating the next week and just left it alone.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I didn't know this was a competition.

Having a car full of angry Inglewood-area gang members pulling up alongside of you in 1988 was definitely a big problem. This was near the height of the LA gang problem, and a shooting over something like this would not have been surprising at all. That's why my friend was so scared.

I'm still impressed with my 16-year-old self for remaining calm, and coming up with the successful plan to ditch them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I didn't know this was a competition.

Having a car full of angry Inglewood-area gang members pulling up alongside of you in 1988 was definitely a big problem. This was near the height of the LA gang problem, and a shooting over something like this would not have been surprising at all. That's why my friend was so scared.

I'm still impressed with my 16-year-old self for remaining calm, and coming up with the successful plan to ditch them.
    Not suggesting a competition, but its much more intimidating being in a rural area with 8 dudes against 1 with your only light are two cars with headlights and a lake behind you at midnight. Like I said, I was pretty big at the time and I could have easily overwhelmed two or three of them. Now if 8 jumped me at once I would have been in the lake, but it would have taken a coordinated effort and like I said there were a couple guys reasonable and calmed everything down. But I do get the drive by situation in the 90s, that also was dire.

Load Metric
    https://www.koin.com/news/crime/tenn...portland-park/

Grabbed dinner that night from food trucks and went to a nearby park so my son could play.

Didn't register initially as it was July 3 and fireworks were going off. Still have no idea how none of the shooters got killed
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    I was in Portland, I made a post about it. Had multiple drug users coming up to me and family for money. We were at the Embassy Suites and we stayed close to the hotel second night, in fact I got a pizza the last night there and we just ate it in the room. Something about HIV drug users creeped us out.

Banned
    Load Metric
    In my life I‘ve been to 43 countries and 37 states.

Seen more than my fair share of seedy and extremely dangerous places and precarious situations.

The most dangerous place I’ve ever been in my life ?

the Greyhound bus station in Houston, Texas after dark

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    In my life I‘ve been to 43 countries and 37 states. More than my fair share of seedy and extremely dangerous places and precarious situations.

While you and myself have had our differences, Houston is flat out dangerous. I got lost driving there about 15 years ago, before GPS. I rolled down my window and asked for directions. This guy came up and was actually giving me directions and began reaching for my briefcase on the fucking passenger side floor. He literally was waving his fist when I was driving off. I mean WTF, it was right outside the Hobby airport.

Load Metric
    One last post tonight, I posted this before I think, might have been Donkdown around 2008 or so. I got caught around 11pm or so in a dead end in an isolated road in Chester PA. It is an area right outside Philadelphia and probably one of the most violent and scary places you could find yourself. I was simply looking for a gas station, I was on empty. Problem was all the gas stations in that area were closed at night because it was so freaking violent. I was simply trying to get over the Franklin bridge to Jersey to see my Uncle for the weekend.

I drove down a road, lost, which was pitch dark and promptly ran into a huge pile of what looked like crushed cement, a tower. I was doing a three point turn and this guy out of nowhere began running towards my car shouting. I literally had maybe a half gallon of gas in my Expedition and and I got the fuck out of there. My car was literally sputtering when I got to a Citgo. Crazy.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Nobody has ever had the balls to threaten me brother

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    I was in college, a senior. I am 6' 1" tall and back in my early 20s I was well, flat out buff. I was benching 200 Lbs 20 reps and also heavy squats. I also dabbled in some what would be considered MMA today but it was more greco wrestling at the gym I worked out in. I damn near choked a guy in the gym out but that is beside the point.

So was at a bar and me and this guy got into an altercation. Given the size differential I could have easily overwhelmed him but I took the high road. Walked away.

Anyway, I walked out to my car and drove off and lo and behold a beer can was flung at my car door, a full beer made a huge dent. I followed the car pissed, knowing who it was, the dude that fronted me in the bar. Went down a dirt road for nearly a mile. I got out of my car and yeah big mistake, like three dudes got out of the car and another 5 sprinted out of the house.

The guy whom approached me at the bar was all up in my face. I towered over him and could have easily snapped his neck, but I was not sure about a couple guys who were drunk and I might end up with a broken neck myself. For whatever reason they let me drive off, but I was prepared for a death match. Thankfully it never came to that.

What is your most dangerous moment faced with?
    How can this be the most threaten you’ve been in Your life? Go live a little.

Comments

donkdowndonedied: Those sidekicks protected his ass. They're not going to risk a serious charge. They'd stop the dude lol. They're white. pathetic.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    In my life I‘ve been to 43 countries and 37 states.

Seen more than my fair share of seedy and extremely dangerous places and precarious situations.

Haha…that place is super sketchy. At least they got rid of the mcdonalds next door.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...t-17774243.php

Thread Information