Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Actual Lock - Roe V. Wade repealed with Trump in office -300

Load Metric
    The amazing thing is Roe was decided by a court that was 6-3 Republicans and the decision was 7-2, and one of the three Dems was a no. So 5-1 GOP. That was 50 fucking years ago.

They’ve ran the court for 49 of 50 years and didn’t do this.

These evangelical nuts have been growing in strength for decades now and all grown up and getting SC seats now and this is what you get. Almost every candidate you have in November is a full on Jesus freak.

It’s going to get much worse as they’re almost all going to win.

Druff likes to wax on about the left going hard left.

As the court just went back 50 years and said all those old Republican justices born in 1900 who were 70 in 1972 back when Roe was decided were absolute liberal hippie freaks and just too wild and progressive for 2022. That’s how nuts the modern GOP has become. Republicans from 50 years ago were just too progressive and we need to get back to the family values of 1850 to appease their insane evangelical base.

Load Metric
    the left has gone hard left kid todge is the last man standing on the cliffs of palos verdes looking over his lost country

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sorry, but if you play extremist games, you get extremist outcomes.

I am not a big anti-abortion guy. I am personally, as I would never want my baby aborted. In 2001, I actually thought I got a girl pregnant (nobody anyone here knows), and by the time we had figured it out, we were already done with each other. I didn't want to raise a kid with this chick. But I would have, and I wouldn't have asked her to abort it. I even discussed this with her, and told her that I really didn't want her aborting the kid if the pregnancy test came back positive. Thankfully it was a false alarm.

However, I don't have a problem with early term abortion being legal, as it has been almost my entire life. The problem is that the left hasn't been satisfied with that recently. 40% of all US states "progressed" to allow abortion up to 9 months, even with no physical danger to the mom. Forty percent. That's against the original spirit of Roe, and even against the "safe, legal, and rare" spirit of the early '90s Roe update in the "Casey" ruling. Now it's pretty much, "If the woman wants to kill her baby, she can until the moment it's out of the womb, and who are we to say otherwise?"

It's sick and murderous. The left has unapologetically supported this, which then invigorated the right to come at Roe a lot harder. It's not a coincidence that this happened 50 years after Roe, rather than decades earlier.

So while I don't really agree with making abortion illegal, the left has themselves to blame. They turned abortion into actual legalized murder, and now they're getting the result and backlash from it.

Load Metric
    Catching up on my Michael Burry and this was a solid take - from an autist mind you

Name:  3B7E727E-6588-45D7-B836-8569492AC0DD.png
Views: 227
Size:  1.63 MB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I am not a big anti-abortion guy. I am personally, as I would never want my baby aborted. In 2001, I actually thought I got a girl pregnant (nobody anyone here knows), and by the time we had figured it out, we were already done with each other. I didn't want to raise a kid with this chick. But I would have, and I wouldn't have asked her to abort it. I even discussed this with her, and told her that I really didn't want her aborting the kid if the pregnancy test came back positive. Thankfully it was a false alarm.

However, I don't have a problem with early term abortion being legal, as it has been almost my entire life. The problem is that the left hasn't been satisfied with that recently. 40% of all US states "progressed" to allow abortion up to 9 months, even with no physical danger to the mom. Forty percent. That's against the original spirit of Roe, and even against the "safe, legal, and rare" spirit of the early '90s Roe update in the "Casey" ruling. Now it's pretty much, "If the woman wants to kill her baby, she can until the moment it's out of the womb, and who are we to say otherwise?"

It's sick and murderous. The left has unapologetically supported this, which then invigorated the right to come at Roe a lot harder. It's not a coincidence that this happened 50 years after Roe, rather than decades earlier.

So while I don't really agree with making abortion illegal, the left has themselves to blame. They turned abortion into actual legalized murder, and now they're getting the result and backlash from it.
    That’s not truly accurate. A bunch of red states had enacted a heartbeat law, making abortion illegal after a heartbeat was detected, which is six weeks. All the Dem laws occurred after that movement. The GOP ones got struck down, and the Dems ones didn’t. But those later term abortion laws were reactionary.

I don’t much care about this, but it isn’t because of recent laws in blue states. It’s because you finally got the right group of evangelicals in there. People who lied to Collins and Manchin directly to their faces, and went in and did what they intended on doing their whole careers. ACB was the last one that put them over the top. Member of a weird praise sect, abolishing abortion was her life’s work and she’d been members of those groups long before these latest laws.

You know it’s bulllshit, but you have to defend what you knew initially was idiotic and were pissed about. They 100% had the ability to simply rule on the case in front of them. One that wanted 15 weeks and even directly said they weren’t asking for Roe to be overturned.

Instead they engaged in pure judicial activism. It doesn’t change the laws in any of those other states with over the top laws. If anything those states will go even further now.

They did zero good for anyone besides appeasing their extremist evangelical followers. You were completely wrong when you laughed off them overturning Roe, because you have your finger on the pulse of what the left is saying whacky On Twitter living where you do, but don’t have a clue about what forms the majority of your party and how extremist and insane they are.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    The amazing thing is Roe was decided by a court that was 6-3 Republicans and the decision was 7-2, and one of the three Dems was a no. So 5-1 GOP. That was 50 fucking years ago.

These evangelical nuts have been growing in strength for decades now and all grown up and getting SC seats now and this is what you get. Almost every candidate you have in November is a full on Jesus freak.

As the court just went back 50 years and said all those old Republican justices born in 1900 who were 70 in 1972 back when Roe was decided were absolute liberal hippie freaks and just too wild and progressive for 2022. That’s how nuts the modern GOP has become. Republicans from 50 years ago were just too progressive and we need to get back to the family values of 1850 to appease their insane evangelical base.

yeah i think the scale tipping moment was mccain putting palin on the ticket. thats when the tea party / christian coalition / republican tardosphere realized that they had the potential to run the whole democracy. they tasted real influence and liked it.

also they are 100% taking pages from the mormon playbook to do so, right down to seeding their own christian army by creating religious schools to raise the human garbage this decision will churn out in Drufftardia, USA.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

yeah i think the scale tipping moment was mccain putting palin on the ticket. thats when the tea party / christian coalition / republican tardosphere realized that they had the potential to run the whole democracy. they tasted real influence and liked it.

also they are 100% taking pages from the mormon playbook to do so, right down to seeding their own christian army by creating religious schools to raise the human garbage this decision will churn out in Drufftardia, USA.
    Jealous?

There are already schools presently indoctrinating kids with crazy leftist ideology, and normalizing it as completely sane. They're known as public schools and all universities.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Whudda

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Like, compare the social, economic, and criminal justice views of Democrats in 2002 versus those in 2022, and it's such an extreme difference.

For all the talk of how much the right has gone extreme, the bottom line is that mainstream Republican views of 2022 are relatively similar to those two decades ago, and some of these (such as acceptance of gay marriage) have actually moved left.

Load Metric
    As we move on from Roe v Wade, which honestly probably should have been left as is, the next liberal salt fest will be when the bullshit interpretation of the 14th amendment is finally challenged, rightfully ending birthright citizenship. This will happen after Trump or DeSantis wins in 2024.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

That’s not truly accurate. A bunch of red states had enacted a heartbeat law, making abortion illegal after a heartbeat was detected, which is six weeks. All the Dem laws occurred after that movement. The GOP ones got struck down, and the Dems ones didn’t. But those later term abortion laws were reactionary.

I don’t much care about this, but it isn’t because of recent laws in blue states. It’s because you finally got the right group of evangelicals in there. People who lied to Collins and Manchin directly to their faces, and went in and did what they intended on doing their whole careers. ACB was the last one that put them over the top. Member of a weird praise sect, abolishing abortion was her life’s work and she’d been members of those groups long before these latest laws.

You know it’s bulllshit, but you have to defend what you knew initially was idiotic and were pissed about. They 100% had the ability to simply rule on the case in front of them. One that wanted 15 weeks and even directly said they weren’t asking for Roe to be overturned.

Instead they engaged in pure judicial activism. It doesn’t change the laws in any of those other states with over the top laws. If anything those states will go even further now.

They did zero good for anyone besides appeasing their extremist evangelical followers. You were completely wrong when you laughed off them overturning Roe, because you have your finger on the pulse of what the left is saying whacky On Twitter living where you do, but don’t have a clue about what forms the majority of your party and how extremist and insane they are.
    A lot of it is timing.

For the past 50 years, there has been a mostly Christian-based portion of the GOP which strongly wanted to see Roe overturned. However, they simply didn't have the public support, even within their own party. For decades, it was an accepted compromise that early term abortion would be legal, mainly because the alternative of outlawing it had too many negative side effects.

Now it's become an easy to sell to the public an overturning of Roe. There are laws in 20+ states allowing 9-month abortion with no physical danger to the mother. This basically confirms all of the long-stated claims from the evangelical right -- that Roe was just a stepping stone to legalized murder of fully developed babies.

That's a much easier justification to push for shutting down abortion, than to convince people that the 19-year-old girl aborting a clump of cells at six weeks is really committing murder.

There are formerly pro-choice Republican women I know who have recently switched sides on abortion, simply because of the "horrifying" laws in these blue states.

The final nail in the coffin was the Democrat attempt to codify Roe, only to refuse to remove the extreme language, and it failing. Democrats never really cared about protecting Roe. They pushed this bill simply so they could blame Republicans for it failing, hoping to reverse what otherwise seemed like inevitable mass defeat in November 2022.

The further nonsense by Democrats, calling women "birthing persons" and "pregnant persons" just made them seem even weirder and more out-of-touch.

Both sides are to blame on this one.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I mean, look at this.

For decades the Christian right was screaming, "The left's goal is to make it legal to kill babies".

What does the left eventually do? They pass laws in over 20 states which literally make it legal to kill babies.

If you become exactly what your critics once falsely accused you of, then you really have no right to bitch when nobody wants to listen to you anymore.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Jealous?

There are already schools presently indoctrinating kids with crazy leftist ideology, and normalizing it as completely sane. They're known as public schools and all universities.

Without doxxing the guy or anything but what does anyone know about this guy? Obviously haven’t been here nearly as long as the originals like him, but he seems to be seriously fucked up.

Is he a successful poker pro or just another broke clown angry at the world?

Certainly very far left in a way most wouldn’t find normal for todays society.

Load Metric
    UH IS BIG TINE ABOUT TO GET DOXXED BY A FELLOW SENIOR CITIZEN

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Don't feel too bad that they capped you.

You're getting paid 1-to-3 on a bet that won't be graded until at least January 21, 2021, and perhaps not until January 21, 2025. In other words, that money isn't going to be yours for a long time, either way... and perhaps that site will be gone by then.
    This.
    In hindsight paying -300 on this with 2 years of potential runway was a horrible idea for many reasons……

But if you found better terms you might have got some $$ out of it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    UH IS BIG TINE ABOUT TO GET DOXXED BY A FELLOW SENIOR CITIZEN

im still a dwarf right?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I don't want to talk down on your tiny personhood but when does a dwarfs bmi get so high we start calling them goblins

Comments

VaughnP: Most accurate post in the history of these forums. rofl

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

Jealous?

Without doxxing the guy or anything but what does anyone know about this guy? Obviously haven’t been here nearly as long as the originals like him, but he seems to be seriously fucked up.

Is he a successful poker pro or just another broke clown angry at the world?

Certainly very far left in a way most wouldn’t find normal for todays society.
    Well, he works in tech, so make your own assumptions. Def not broke.

Load Metric
    oh hes broke broke

Load Metric
    i might be breaking some personal privacy laws here but when tine goes to jersey mikes he gets the regular size and shrinks in embarrassment when they give him the tip option its been a bad 2 years for old boy over here

Load Metric
    I believe you nerds are aware of our goblin friends website stockamets the man just round tripped 8 figures in crypto and is super poor right now so be nice to old man tine guys

Thread Information