Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2019-20 thread

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    oh ben is borderline unplayable in the playoffs because of his lack of a jumpshot. i want him traded.

that said, i agree with offering him the max due to his potential. if you offered him less, he'd get super-emotional and will silently quit on the team
    Ive enjoyed watching the sixers recently but expecting ben to start shooting well at this point seems like a longshot. This will be his 5th year right? I know guys like jkidd have turned that part of their games around but this dude is nowhere close. I get why they had to give him the max but if they dont figure out how to use him correctly he will never be a factor late in big games. Right now i dont see anything better than a poor mans draymond which makes for a fine starter i guess but how far can they go with him as #2?
    nah this is just going to be his third year...think he missed his first year and played the last 2...

Load Metric
    It seems incredibly unlikely he ever develops a shot at this point. Even Kidd was close to 70% and eventually above 80% from the free throw line. That has always correlated with guys who develop a shot late. At this point I’ll be shocked if he ever becomes even a passable shooter from anywhere beyond 8 feet. It’s a shame given how otherwise talented he is. I still think the Sixers will be quite good. I like their moves . Horford is so cerebral and Richardson will fit nicely. I really like Whiteside to the Blazers also . He’s a complete idiot, and it could go south, but if he’s at all engaged, he can alter games like an elite player. I can’t recall the last time the Blazers had anything like him. Such a strange player.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    It seems incredibly unlikely he ever develops a shot at this point. Even Kidd was close to 70% and eventually above 80% from the free throw line. That has always correlated with guys who develop a shot late. At this point I’ll be shocked if he ever becomes even a passable shooter from anywhere beyond 8 feet. It’s a shame given how otherwise talented he is. I still think the Sixers will be quite good. I like their moves . Horford is so cerebral and Richardson will fit nicely. I really like Whiteside to the Blazers also . He’s a complete idiot, and it could go south, but if he’s at all engaged, he can alter games like an elite player. I can’t recall the last time the Blazers had anything like him. Such a strange player.
    Agree that whiteside is retarded. Guys like harrison barnes catch alot of shit for signing for $100m but whitesides the biggest thief of them all. Apparently him and dame are boys and the hope is that he steps it up for that reason + contender etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Agree that whiteside is retarded. Guys like harrison barnes catch alot of shit for signing for $100m but whitesides the biggest thief of them all. Apparently him and dame are boys and the hope is that he steps it up for that reason + contender etc.
    I didn’t know they were friends, but I thought he might be able to somewhat focus him in. Whiteside played for the contract and then disappeared. Strange he’s friends with Dame given he is all heart and Whiteside seems to lack one. Wade was an old man to him and he isn’t exactly listening to some honky euro like goran. The Heat really haven’t played a meaningful game in 3 years. Hopefully playing for something and with dudes he respects keeps him in line. He’s an arrested development case and probably has like an 85 IQ, but If he’s at all into it, he makes Portland feel a whole lot different.

Load Metric
    Welp. This seems like the least interesting decision he could make which makes sense for a guy that wears new balances.
    Name:  01D4AA64-2D69-4934-878E-5BE8FB3324B6.png
Views: 293
Size:  2.74 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Platinum
    Load Metric
    he could be doing a 1 and 1 where he can get like 30 this year and then be eligible for the really huge contract that he can get being a 10 year vet...supposedly the '20 FA class is absolute shit so if he stays healthy this could make him a ton more money...

Load Metric
    clippers

Kawhi didn’t find the Lakers circus appealing?

Kawhi asked for quiet during negotiations. No sooner was Kawhi’s meeting over with Magic than that buffoon, Magic, starting mouthing off. Well played.

The Lakers fallout will last a generation.

I like an orderly universe

Comments

blake:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    clippers

Kawhi didn’t find the Lakers circus appealing?

Kawhi asked for quiet during negotiations. No sooner was Kawhi’s meeting over with Magic than that buffoon, Magic, starting mouthing off. Well played.

The Lakers fallout will last a generation.

I like an orderly universe
    Looks that way:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...eles-clippers/
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Jerry Fucking West. Bang. This should be really interesting to watch.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So it looks like LA is going to be battle of Lebron/Davis versus Kawhi/George.

On a side note, I wonder if the Spurs regret alienating Kawhi during the 2017-18 season. Some of that is definitely on Popovich's shoulders.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    never underestimate a billionaire with more money than god and an ego to go along with it...

fucking crazy...lot to give up...draft picks are what they are, but giving up shai who is supposedly on his way to being a decent young player is a fuckton to give up...

supposedly presti was trying to dump both westbrook and George on Toronto in a trade...fucking insanity...

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ove-clips-deal

Had Presti been able to strike a deal for George with the Raptors -- and Leonard was willing to stay -- George was believed to be willing to join the Raptors too, sources said. Presti pursued a package of Russell Westbrook with George to the Raptors -- with the NBA's Most Improved Player, forward Pascal Siakam as the centerpiece of a deal -- and Ujiri balked, league sources said. Ujiri had delivered Leonard everything that he wanted in a franchise: Leadership and trust, championship talent and a medical partnership that preserved and prepared his body. What Ujiri couldn't give Leonard was out of his control: Geography, weather, and a chance to return to his Southern California roots.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Las Vegas is charging a tax on low IQ Los Angeles visitors.

This is amazing. Lonzo Ball is gone now.

Tablet - NBA Team Wins - Lakers 2019-2020 Reg. Season Wins - Under +54½ Wins -130

2019 Wins
    1.Warriors 57
    2.Nuggets 54

Can an NBA team win with atrocious ownership and management?
    How did history record Cleveland ownership & mgmt?
    that number looks very tasty...price sucks, but whatever...

betting over you have to hope:
    1. palinka builds a decent team with the cap space...
    2. LeBron grinding out a full season at full strength in season 17 without taking nights off...
    3. AD grinding out a full season at full strength when he has a history of nagging injuries...

fucking helluva parlay...
    The above combined with this —>

never underestimate a billionaire with more money than god and an ego to go along with it...
    Do you not remember Donald Sterling the previous Clippers owner? You saw BCR’s Jerry West post? All Ballmer did was build a gold standard organization.

It is true that Ballmer was too loud and too present in the first years. He recognized the issue and throttled back in a self aware fashion.

What we learned post Kawhi decision is that there are two teams that no one wants to play for - the Knicks & the Lakers. What is going to happen to Rob Palooka and the the circus? gone? Linda Rambis replaces him?

Load managed Elderly LeBron. Under 54½ is a mortal lock.

You take a moment and reorganize your thoughts. Maybe buy a Clippers jersey online.

The question for me is “Is there such a thing as a good LA team? A Los Angeles team worthy of my fandom?” Tough

How long before LeBron’s kid saves the day Druff?
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-06-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric

that number looks very tasty...price sucks, but whatever...

betting over you have to hope:
    1. palinka builds a decent team with the cap space...
    2. LeBron grinding out a full season at full strength in season 17 without taking nights off...
    3. AD grinding out a full season at full strength when he has a history of nagging injuries...

fucking helluva parlay...
    The above combined with this —>

Do you not remember Donald Sterling the previous Clippers owner? You saw BCR’s Jerry West post? All Ballmer did was build a gold standard organization.

It is true that Ballmer was too loud and too present in the first years. He recognized the issue and throttled back in a self aware fashion.

What the post above with something about a Lakers parlay revealed is that you are somehow vested in the Lakers nonsense. Maybe you’re a LeBron guy.

What we learned post Kawhi decision is that there are two teams that no one wants to play for - the Knicks & the Lakers. What is going to happen to Rob Palooka and the the circus? gone? Linda Rambis replaces him?

Load managed Elderly LeBron. Under 54½ is a mortal lock.

You take a moment and reorganize your thoughts. Maybe buy a Clippers jersey online.

The question for me is “Is there such a thing as a good LA team? A Los Angeles team worthy of my fandom?” Tough
    definitely not a LeBron guy...im a Benjamin franklin guy...was just saying the parlay of those three things I mentioned was a helluva one to make...didn't trust that any one of those things would happen, let alone all 3 that I thought would be needed to get them to 55+...

kawhi is now my new favorite player...he saved my LAL under bet that I have...now need to wait for them to reopen the markets on it...

Load Metric
    I deleted that paragraph.

“Helluva parlay” meant “long shot”. I get it.

Yeah, that is what that bet represented. 54½ had Kawhi baked in and that wasn’t happening.

When you heard that it was a lock that Kawhi was going to LA - you heard Magic Johnson.

“Tell me Magic, about the fine Lakers organization that you quit”.

“Thank you for honoring my request that you be discreet”.

Magic needs to focus his attention on the Dodgers now

Load Metric

kawhi is now my new favorite player...he saved my LAL under bet that I have...now need to wait for them to reopen the markets on it...
    That’s awesome. Forget about that future. Just salt it away like a Treasury Bill.

It will be kinda funny to see fresh lines. The Actuals (as you finance guys say) will be worse.

Can you imagine the amount of LA money that Vegas took. Or all the Lakers $ the global books took? People were betting LA like they had next year’s papers.

Good lord.

Load Metric
    It’s so much better for the league. Wide open race now. I wouldn’t have wanted him if I was a Laker fan. Now you have to almost look at getting Lebron as a regret as I imagine Kawhi would have ended up there. Anything you won would be so devalued with those 3 guys and the Lakers have too much past success for that.

They don’t need him to be a hot ticket. Obviously Kawhi was going home and Toronto was just Siberia to some brother from SoCal, but they got a ring from it which is best case.. I’ve never seen so many generally clued in people wrong. I never thought being on super team fit Kawhi’s personality, but they had me convinced. Clippers going to be real good. That’s a perfect fit with PG and a deep bench. The Clippers have made the leap now with Ballmer and West. West killed five birds with one stone not getting stuck with an overpaid Harris, parlaying him into multiple firsts that gave them the assets to make this move, and then essentially getting Kawhi and George with only having to give up SGA. Overpay on George trade in many markets, but not in LA, and when you look at it as both for all those picks, it’s a deal. Cap space for teams in hard to attract markets is worthless as are draft picks in free agent destinations. The picks given up only hurt for in season moves. The Lakers now have nothing to trade in season which will hurt.

I can’t get over how fucked the clippers looked five years ago Jordan, Griffin, and Paul and those contracts looming. Not good enough and dysfunctional assholes with bad chemistry. To flip that situation so completely is master class stuff. The Lakers will be really good short term, but Ballmer/West v Jeannie/Pelinka/Rambii makes me giggle. The Lakers will always be the big brother in town, but in five years they’re going to be the big brother with a lisp and coke bottle glasses getting his ass kicked by his badass younger brother.

Comments

Sanlmar: So good. I always read your stuff when I’m tired of rereading mine.

Load Metric
    Now you have to almost look at getting Lebron as a regret as I imagine Kawhi would have ended up there.
    This is a fresh take for me. Of course, this is true. Oooooh, that’s gonna hurt Lakers fans when the reality sets in.

That really is the way I will remember this whole escapade.

Hey GBCP, did you take a Clippers future to win championship +1200 with me? Somewhere I posted it.

It soared to +1600 when Kawhi went to Toronto last meeting. I really wrestled with taking another helping but I had bet enough.

+300

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

On a side note, I wonder if the Spurs regret alienating Kawhi during the 2017-18 season. Some of that is definitely on Popovich's shoulders.
    Meh. The way I see it, when 99% of the league loves Pop, I'm not believing the 1 guy who wanted out. Pop even got flaky-ass momma's boy LaMarcus back on the train when he started his usual pouting.

I think Kawhi is just a strange dude who doesn't trust too many people. He pulled off wanting to go home like he was dodging the draft for Vietnam; he refused to show up for duty, hid in Canada for a year, now back home in LA again.

Load Metric
    This offseason has put the fucking exclamation point on the NBA being a purely players league, the franchises themselves mean nothing anymore. The Celtics and Lakers are no more appealing to a player than the Hawks or Grizzlies. Even winning a title and keeping the band together to go for 2 doesn't mean shit to some, as we just saw. Its all about the players personal interest:

Lebron starting his pre-retirement where his business is
    Durant doing the same
    Kawhi going home
    Butler doesn't care about winning, but partying in Miami sounds like fun.

so on and so on...

I doubt that the prime NBA fan demographic (males 12-30) even cares that much about teams anymore and they just root for players. Within 10 years we'll see the actual league just be called "NBA 2K" and every season begins with fantasy draft of all the players with everyone just on 1 year deals.
    Last edited by gut; 07-06-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Meh. The way I see it, when 99% of the league loves Pop, I'm not believing the 1 guy who wanted out. Pop even got flaky-ass momma's boy LaMarcus back on the train when he started his usual pouting.

I think Kawhi is just a strange dude who doesn't trust too many people. He pulled off wanting to go home like he was dodging the draft for Vietnam; he refused to show up for duty, hid in Canada for a year, now back home in LA again.
    tony “my calf injury was 1000 times worse than kawhi’s” parker destroyed that team

Thread Information