Page 616 of 946 FirstFirst ... 116516566606612613614615616617618619620626666716 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,320 of 18903

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Ran into first clients today with significant effects from covid. Mom in 30s somewhat healthy no major risks, had heart attack. Her son 12 years old got it as well and was put on alvesco for long term lung damage due to covid.

It’s really odd how some families get hit hard for little apparent reason. Happened 9 months ago. Unclear how it hit the family so hard besides a genetic vulnerability .
    Did you tell them they were both going to die imminently anyway and call the boy a faggot and say you must have AIDS? That’s the only appropriate response to people getting sick from a hoax here.

Comments

OSA: looooooooooool

BetCheckBet:

Sloppy Joe: just a flu DOOMER woke media China

FRANKRIZZO: forgot pedo ,

gimmick:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So how many instances of "fully vaccinated but still got COVID and had permanent damage from it" have been found so far?

I'm really curious how safe a fully vaccinated person is -- at least right now -- from serious illness. It's gotta be almost 100%, right?

Comments

splitthis: Lolz

Load Metric
    hard to say todge i think you should stay in your house for another year to be sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    So how many instances of "fully vaccinated but still got COVID and had permanent damage from it" have been found so far?

I'm really curious how safe a fully vaccinated person is -- at least right now -- from serious illness. It's gotta be almost 100%, right?
    Why would you think 100 percent? Most studies seem to be around 90 but not much higher.
    Edit I see you said serious illness which does bump it up much higher.

Load Metric
    The vaccine and government has your back, don’t worry.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric

I literally have subjected myself to reading the entire studies and some of the follow-up studies from Universities studying the data sets.

Starting with your question - All three vaccines have shown 100% rate of keeping people out of the hospital and preventing "serious illness" but that doesn't mean that you might not have some long-term side effects if you were to catch it, or as the virus mutates that might change the overall numbers as well.

Having a broader understanding of the efficacy rates is important and most people don't really understand what they mean/have the ability to look at the data and understand what it means.

I think thinking through some of this data will make you feel a lot better Druff.

Let's use Moderna....

42,000 in the study, 21,000 go the vaccine, 21,000 got a placebo

8 people ending up getting COVID who had gotten the vaccine, or roughly .04%. To look at it another way, 99.96% of the people vaccinated didn't get COVID.

What does the 95% efficacy rate mean? Well it means in the same time, if those 21,000 people had not been vaccinated, it would have been anticipated that 160 people would have gotten COVID.

But 8 people still got sick...

1. Yes, there isn't a 0% chance
    2. They have to start tracking infections from the moment the second shot is administered. This means some people could have already been infected with COVID, and it also means people may have reduced immunity in the first 14 days after the second shot

Understanding immunity and efficacy rates by looking at J&J

Many people have heard that J&J has an efficacy rate of 67%, but what they fail to understand is that they have to track infections from the moment the shot is administered. Two universities have done follow-up studies looking at people from 12 days after and 15 days after getting vaccinated. They returned efficacy rates of 88% and 91%.

Obesity and Variants

The reality is that obesity has been and continues to be the number one risk factor of COVID, and that remains true with vaccines as well. Fat people will have lower efficacy rates (that's true in every vaccine) and if you are otherwise healthy and vaccinated your risk of serious long term side effects from COVID are many decimal places to the right.

Variants are an on-going concern but early studies suggest that mutations haven't reached a point where vaccines are not effective. As COVID continues to mutate we will see it become less deadly but may have longer infection times (true of all viruses).

Final vaccine thoughts

I know I am running some risk by saying this on this board, but if you spend literally 30 minutes doing research on the vaccine you have to be either willfully ignorant or a retard to not get the vaccine.

It is a hilarious irony that we will pump ourselves with sugar, preservatives, hormones, alcohol and cigarettes all known to kill us and cause cancer, but we freak out about 5 proteins that are genetically much simpler than most of the shitty processed food we eat every single day. The shit you consume on a daily basis is infinitely more likely to kill you than the vaccine.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

I literally have subjected myself to reading the entire studies and some of the follow-up studies from Universities studying the data sets.

Starting with your question - All three vaccines have shown 100% rate of keeping people out of the hospital and preventing "serious illness" but that doesn't mean that you might not have some long-term side effects if you were to catch it, or as the virus mutates that might change the overall numbers as well.

Having a broader understanding of the efficacy rates is important and most people don't really understand what they mean/have the ability to look at the data and understand what it means.

I think thinking through some of this data will make you feel a lot better Druff.

Let's use Moderna....

42,000 in the study, 21,000 go the vaccine, 21,000 got a placebo

8 people ending up getting COVID who had gotten the vaccine, or roughly .04%. To look at it another way, 99.96% of the people vaccinated didn't get COVID.

What does the 95% efficacy rate mean? Well it means in the same time, if those 21,000 people had not been vaccinated, it would have been anticipated that 160 people would have gotten COVID.

But 8 people still got sick...

1. Yes, there isn't a 0% chance
    2. They have to start tracking infections from the moment the second shot is administered. This means some people could have already been infected with COVID, and it also means people may have reduced immunity in the first 14 days after the second shot

Understanding immunity and efficacy rates by looking at J&J

Many people have heard that J&J has an efficacy rate of 67%, but what they fail to understand is that they have to track infections from the moment the shot is administered. Two universities have done follow-up studies looking at people from 12 days after and 15 days after getting vaccinated. They returned efficacy rates of 88% and 91%.

Obesity and Variants

The reality is that obesity has been and continues to be the number one risk factor of COVID, and that remains true with vaccines as well. Fat people will have lower efficacy rates (that's true in every vaccine) and if you are otherwise healthy and vaccinated your risk of serious long term side effects from COVID are many decimal places to the right.

Variants are an on-going concern but early studies suggest that mutations haven't reached a point where vaccines are not effective. As COVID continues to mutate we will see it become less deadly but may have longer infection times (true of all viruses).

Final vaccine thoughts

I know I am running some risk by saying this on this board, but if you spend literally 30 minutes doing research on the vaccine you have to be either willfully ignorant or a retard to not get the vaccine.

It is a hilarious irony that we will pump ourselves with sugar, preservatives, hormones, alcohol and cigarettes all known to kill us and cause cancer, but we freak out about 5 proteins that are genetically much simpler than most of the shitty processed food we eat every single day. The shit you consume on a daily basis is infinitely more likely to kill you than the vaccine.
    GET YOUR VACCINE SO MY VACCINE WORKS GOODER

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Scared of 5 proteins...but will chow down on those genetically modified french fries....lulz

Load Metric
    Scared of 5 proteins...but will chow down on those genetically modified french fries....lulz
    whatever you say boomer

Load Metric

whatever you say boomer
    dwai is this true?

PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    whatever you say boomer
    dwai is this true?

New study shows BLM movement is linked to 91% riots over 3 months | Black Lives Matter

is this?

Load Metric

New study shows BLM movement is linked to 91% riots over 3 months | Black Lives Matter

is this?
    Thread is about the fake virus, faggot?

You retards and your whuddas..
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

is this?
    Thread is about the fake virus, faggot?

You retards and your whuddas..
    I ALWAYS KEEP MY MUH WHUDDAS CHAMBERED FOR YA SLOPPY JOE

Load Metric
    If only 5 proteins it wouldn’t have to be deemed experimental. 99.7% survival rate.....
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Name:  437efe6.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  117.5 KB

DEADLY VIRUS YALL

Load Metric
    257,000 COVID deaths listed “influenza and pneumonia” as a comorbidity.

So the flu didn’t actually disappear as they say, it contributed to the killing of already sick people who also happened to test positive for COVID

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's a quality, apolitical article on aerosol transmission of COVID, and why cloths masks don't work:

https://first10em.com/covid-19-is-sp...idence-review/

It basically destroys most of the arguments from the left regarding COVID prevention and policies. This is NOT a right wing site, and existed long before COVID.

It explains a lot of what has been observed with COVID transmission:

- Superspreader events
    - Indoor transmission being way higher than outdoors
    - Why people wearing masks, even N95, are getting COVID way more than expected
    - Why poor ventilation causes heavy COVID spread
    - Why people are transmitting so much without symptoms yet

Load Metric
    weve been using it as a cover for jims suicide and honestly no one blinked an eye even though they knew because its about respect for a legend

Load Metric
    Here's a quality, apolitical article on aerosol transmission of COVID, and why cloths masks don't work:

https://first10em.com/covid-19-is-sp...idence-review/

It basically destroys most of the arguments from the left regarding COVID prevention and policies. This is NOT a right wing site, and existed long before COVID.

It explains a lot of what has been observed with COVID transmission:

- Superspreader events
    - Indoor transmission being way higher than outdoors
    - Why people wearing masks, even N95, are getting COVID way more than expected
    - Why poor ventilation causes heavy COVID spread
    - Why people are transmitting so much without symptoms yet
    Totally destroys all the arguments, like...

"Although not quite as good as N95s, well fitting surgical masks will still filter out as much as 80% of infectious aerosols. (Makison Booth 2013) Combined with the low infectivity of SARS-CoV-2, these factors keep us relatively safe"

...and...

"There was also some evidence that suggests much lower rates of healthcare worker infections in hospitals that are routinely using N95s or PAPRs."

...still bit of a mystery who you're arguing against with these latest truth bombs, but it's nice to see you now agree that BLM protests did fuckall for infections.

The rights agenda against masks has never been specified to cloth masks. Literally no one in the medical community has said that cloth masks are remarkably useful. Aerosol spread has been highly likely ever since the first cruise ship incidents. Oh and obv the article also supports social distancing. So i have no idea what argument you think that article destroys.

Thread Information