View Poll Results: Who would you vote for right now?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rand Paul

7 6.09%
  • Christie

1 0.87%
  • Trump

46 40.00%
  • Hilary

11 9.57%
  • Bernie

33 28.70%
  • Carson

1 0.87%
  • Cruz

6 5.22%
  • Rubio

6 5.22%
  • Bush

1 0.87%
  • Kasich

3 2.61%
Page 142 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 2888

Thread: President 2016

Load Metric
    So you dislike public unions but are ok with labor unions? Is this correct?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Not exactly.

I hate public unions, and feel they should not exist.

I am okay with labor unions existing, but feel they need massive reform.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    About a year ago I had a checker at Albertson's mouth off at me. I didn't even bother complaining. Why? "Proud Albertson's Worker Since 1987" on her nametag.
    No offense Druff......but I'm calling bullshit on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Not exactly.

Druff, how do you feel about police and/or prison guard unions?

-----

Also...

Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    About a year ago I had a checker at Albertson's mouth off at me. I didn't even bother complaining. Why? "Proud Albertson's Worker Since 1987" on her nametag.
    I agree with Druff about supermarket worker unions. We had a union supermarket in my home town, and those assholes were THE slowest fuckers you ever saw working a register!

And a friend of mine in high school worked there for a summer -- a "libtard" who previously thought unions were always great -- she ended up hating how it protected the slothiest workers. A real eye-opener for her.

Comments

FPS_Russia: Nice sample size

big dick: lol srsly the guy names 1 fucking supermarket and that in his mind makes all union supermarkey workers lazy fucks
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 07-08-2016 at 02:23 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Not exactly.

What needs reforming? The fact that unions contribute money to the democratic party?The fact that unions give workers a voice? The fact that unions ensure fair wages and benefits?The fact that unions ensure a safe and healthy work environment?
    lol @ you ready to complain that some person making 10 bucks and hour gave you a little lip. Who the fuck do you think you are? You are gonna run into the wrong guy one day and catch the beating of a lifetime.You ever think about that? Y ou go and cry to a persons boss and then next thing you know the guy you got fired over petty b.s is waiting by your car for you. What you gonna do then?
    Last edited by big dick; 07-08-2016 at 02:27 PM.

Load Metric
    Serious question are there really supermarket cashiers making over 70k a year?

Load Metric
    Albertsons Salaries. Average Albertsons hourly pay ranges from approximately $7.25 per hour for Cashier/Clerk to $22.32 per hour for Bakery Manager. The average Albertsons salary ranges from approximately $14,500 per year for Cashier to $66,482 per year for Grocery Manager.

Druff thinks it's easy to stand there all day serving customers. Druff likes to cause common people financial distress because they gave his jew ass a little lip.
    I ask again druff who the fuck do you think you are to go around fucking with peoples livelihood? If you have an issue with an employeee then work it out right there, don't be a pussy and run to their boss, that is fucking weak shit.Handle it like a fucking man not some sneaky pussy.

Comments

FPS_Russia: Yep a friend was a cashier at safeway which is union. They were making minimum wage, the supermarket unions have been totally gutted.
    Last edited by big dick; 07-08-2016 at 08:49 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Is Alex worried about his listeners joining in on attacks on the police because all his police state/anti govt conspiracy theories? Seems like it. Don't kid yourself outside the studio I'm pretty sure Alex is buddies with a few regional police chiefs and a big supporter of most if not all branches of Texas law enforcement

His whole schtick is preparing people to fight tyranny and the police state. Now it's sort of happening and in his neck of the woods he's in a tough spot. He has to come out and tell the Dum Dums not to join in the attacks. All of a sudden Alex is pro police.

I swear the WWE is more realistic than most of the C.E.C.
    Alex doesn't even pretend to be credible anymore.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 07-09-2016 at 12:15 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Big dick mostly answered your question. Of course that was only for the lazy average worker making 14,5k a year. If you're willing to put in some effort, you can clear an easy 70k a year getting $7,25/h by working 24h a day every day. On the second week of the 14th month you've hit your goal of 70k for the year.

Load Metric
    Plus he is the union so he CAN'T be fired! he can just go to work and sleep the whole 24 hour shift and collect all the money w/o doing a thing cus he can't be fired, like druff said.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    In a nut shell, Republicans want every employer to be like WalMart. They want the employees to do all the grunt work and want all the profits to go to the investor class. It's that simple.

What can you do to help? Don't shop at WalMart. I never shop at WalMart.
    Plus i beat their supposed low prices all the time at safeway.
    WalMart the conservative trojan horse.
    Ignore the Jade Helm clickbait

I've seen WalMarts under construction where all the WalMart employees meet every morning around a board that has the current Wal Mart stock price. They then do some pro WalMart cheers or chants. As if their min wage, part time army of workers own company stock. So sleazy.

Comments

big dick: oh trust me I don't and never ever will
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 07-09-2016 at 01:30 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    Is Alex worried about his listeners joining in on attacks on the police because all his police state/anti govt conspiracy theories? Seems like it. Don't kid yourself outside the studio I'm pretty sure Alex is buddies with a few regional police chiefs and a big supporter of most if not all branches of Texas law enforcement

His whole schtick is preparing people to fight tyranny and the police state. Now it's sort of happening and in his neck of the woods he's in a tough spot. He has to come out and tell the Dum Dums not to join in the attacks. All of a sudden Alex is pro police.

I swear the WWE is more realistic than most of the C.E.C.
    Alex doesn't even pretend to be credible anymore.

i got 3 and a half minutes into this shitshow of a video.

communist tactics?

is this guy FOR REAL?

Then he goes to HIS OWN WEBSITE and starts to share articles from it.

that's where i turned it off. Alex Jones=right wing lunatic
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Not exactly.

Druff, how do you feel about police and/or prison guard unions?

-----

Also...

Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    I agree with Druff about supermarket worker unions. We had a union supermarket in my home town, and those assholes were THE slowest fuckers you ever saw working a register!

And a friend of mine in high school worked there for a summer -- a "libtard" who previously thought unions were always great -- she ended up hating how it protected the slothiest workers. A real eye-opener for her.

Comments:
    Russia: Nice sample size
    big dick: lol srsly the guy names 1 fucking supermarket and that in his mind makes all union supermarkey workers lazy fucks

---

Well, the contrast in service between that place and the non-union supermarket nearby *was* substantial. But customers would endure going to the union one because of its stamp book program, which was pretty decent if you were diligent in saving the stamps and pasting them into the books.

Now, contrast that with the best-customer-reviewed supermarket chain in the US, Wegmans, which is non-union. Their stores are fantastic to shop at. Great customer service.

Wegmans unseats Trader Joe's as best grocery store in the U.S.
    http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...re_in_the.html

And because of how well it treats its employees, Wegmans has been called "the anti-Walmart".

The Anti-Walmart: The Secret Sauce of Wegmans Is People
    http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...people/254994/

And their expanding, encroaching on union supermarket domains.

Unionized grocers face competition from nonunion newcomers to Washington market
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...cd6_story.html

And health insurance and pensions are a huge component of the higher labor costs of union shops.

Which is why, as a voter, I am in favor of increasing Social Security benefits and universal health care. Because the customer-service impact of unions on customer service won't be overlooked forever by consumers.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Not exactly.

What needs reforming? The fact that unions contribute money to the democratic party?The fact that unions give workers a voice? The fact that unions ensure fair wages and benefits?The fact that unions ensure a safe and healthy work environment?
    lol @ you ready to complain that some person making 10 bucks and hour gave you a little lip. Who the fuck do you think you are? You are gonna run into the wrong guy one day and catch the beating of a lifetime.You ever think about that? Y ou go and cry to a persons boss and then next thing you know the guy you got fired over petty b.s is waiting by your car for you. What you gonna do then?
    I don't live in fear of things like this. If someone who gets fired because of me confronts me, I will deal with it.

I went on national TV in 2008 and called out UB for being cheating scumbags, even while guys like Nat Arem were getting threats. I constantly call out people on my radio show for what I believe is wrongdoing. I don't want to needlessly invite trouble, but I also am not going to be afraid to do what's right because of "what if" scenarios.

I don't give a shit if a worker makes $10/hr or $100/hr. If they either use their job to fuck with me or are nasty to me for no reason, I'm going to say something about it. I'm not even overly sensitive about this. Plenty of times employees have been rude to me and I've said nothing. I have some tolerance, but if it's over-the-top rudeness, or if it's rudeness combined with some other problem (like they screw something up, I politely point it out, and they go off on me about it), then yes, I'm going to give a true and accurate report of what happened to their boss.

The cell phone store thing was a good example. Those guys were complete dicks to me, even before they broke my phone. However, had the phone breaking and the subsequent lies and confrontations not occurred, I would not have contacted their boss about the strange (and frankly shady) confrontation about wanting my password. I would have let that go. I only wanted to talk to the boss after a long chain of fail and confrontation occurred.

Believe it or not, I have a heart and don't want to see people fired for one slip-up. I realize everyone's human, everyone makes mistakes, and everyone occasionally lets their emotion get to them. At the same time, people have to act like mature adults at work, and there's only so much crap I'm going to take. Unfortunately some people at work believe they're king of the castle when there's no boss around to see them, and they get off on being nasty or draconian with customers. That's the type of shit I don't take. As I always say, there are plenty of jobs (like your iron worker job) where you don't interact with the public. If you have a personality type where you can't handle adversity with customers and will end up going off on them, you shouldn't take a job interacting with the public.

Regarding unions, I don't know why you are repeatedly ignoring my points.

I brought up my issues with them. I told you why I feel they need reform. For some reason you aren't answering me on those points. You don't have to answer me, but at the same time, you can't call me callous for being anti-labor-union the way things currently are.

I don't care that unions give money to Democrats. What I care about is the fact that Democrats protect them from their abuses, because of that money.

I don't like Bernie Sanders' politics, but I will give him credit for calling out all of the corruption and money in today's political system, and pressing for a major change. I can respect him for that. I fully agree with that point. Both parties are so corrupted by money that it's sickening, and regular guys like you and I have zero power over or influence over our own government. Unions are part of that problem. Corporations are also part of that problem.

We are getting more and more to the point where the Washington elite and those that financially support them have all the power, and the people have very little. This upsets people both on the left and the right, but so far we aren't seeing any change.

I would actually welcome a non-establishment candidate to the White House, but Donald Trump is not the right one for so many reasons.

We have a horrible choice between a super-shady, self-serving, lying criminal, and an emotionally-unbalanced, shoot-from-the-hip authoritarian who lacks the intellectual curiosity to even want to learn the complexities that come with running a major nation like the US.

This is why I won't be voting for either of them in November.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Gary Johnson 2016!

LarryLaffer: "corporations are people too, my friend" rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In 2003, there was a major grocery store union strike in California, related to a proposed change to require workers to contribute some money toward health benefits.

At the time it was reported that grocery store checkers with seniority were earning over $60,000 per year (which would be more than $70k in today's money), and the unions did not dispute this.

This actually caused some backlash, as the public was generally supportive of the strike at first, but eventually came to see them as greedy for complaining about their salary and benefits when they were already making so much for an unskilled job.

I had not heard anything about grocery store employees making less since then. If it's true, then it was probably done because they couldn't compete with non-union shops.

Load Metric
    In 2003, there was a major grocery store union strike in California, related to a proposed change to require workers to contribute some money toward health benefits.

At the time it was reported that grocery store checkers with seniority were earning over $60,000 per year (which would be more than $70k in today's money), and the unions did not dispute this.

This actually caused some backlash, as the public was generally supportive of the strike at first, but eventually came to see them as greedy for complaining about their salary and benefits when they were already making so much for an unskilled job.

I had not heard anything about grocery store employees making less since then. If it's true, then it was probably done because they couldn't compete with non-union shops.

I don't believe you.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/10/1...rocery.strike/

This is a cnn article from the time. Even at the high seniority end of the scale, it's 17.90 an hour. With time and a half, someone could make some money if they wanted to work 70 hours a week, I guess. But, workers would be unlikely to pick up more than a few hours of overtime.

Comments

LarryLaffer: backin it up with articles rep

FPS_Russia: This breaks my heart ;)but it's becoming increasingly clear that Druff's a political hack with the same debunked talking points as the other hacks. Druff I thought you were different than the other hacks.
    Last edited by ToasterOven; 07-09-2016 at 05:58 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Oh shit the nightmare of Ted Cruz in the White House is still alive. Donald Trump is talking about dropping out for a price. Sheldon's probably at the bank right now. If this happens, of course they would give it to the most incompetent delusional piece of shit on the planet, Ted Cruz.

Trump please be trolling

I like how Cenk is dabbling with cec like political attacks. Why should the cec have all the fun.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 07-09-2016 at 11:18 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post

I don't believe you.

This is a cnn article from the time. Even at the high seniority end of the scale, it's 17.90 an hour. With time and a half, someone could make some money if they wanted to work 70 hours a week, I guess. But, workers would be unlikely to pick up more than a few hours of overtime.
    This is what you are quoting:

The press release also points out that after two years of employment, a grocery clerk can make up to $17.90 an hour. A clerk can earn one-and-a-half that hourly amount on Sundays, and three times that much on contractual holidays
    Note the bolded part.

I wasn't talking about the relatively new 2-year employees when I threw out my figure. I was talking about the ones with seniority who had been there forever. I made that clear several times.

Comments

ToasterOven: jesus christ

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post

I don't believe you.

See that's what I was thinking. I live in socialist Canada which is a haven for unions. I don't come across any cahiers making over 20 bucks and hour let alone the 34 dollars per hour that would be needed to reach 70k.

Having worked in both union and non unionized environments pay doesn't seem to vary that much. The biggest problem in non union is that there is zero accountability for management and people are terrified to speak up. You still have incompetent workers but the ones that stay on have management in their pocket and often get very sketchy promotions or positions that aren't publically advertised.

Load Metric
    So you were willing to go and complain about a roughly 60 year old women(who has been busting her ass as a LOW WAGE cashier for 30 years) because she gave you a little lip but didn't because you didn't feel as if you could get her fired.
    When I notice a long time, older women working at a store I think to myself this women has not had an easy life im gonna try and be extra nice to her and treat her with respect.
    Put yourself in others peoples shoes druff, you are a smart guy and have done well in life, show some compassion now and again. You just don't seem to get it, you are very lucky(as am I ) to have found a way to make a lot of money w/o having to kill yourself to get it. Be happy that you are in the position you are in and try and realize that 99% of people(esp people working low wage jobs like a cashier or a valet parker) lives are prob not so great . Why try and make their lives harder than what they already are?

Thread Information