Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Passenger KO'd then dragged from plane in barbaric country

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Here is info about the badass lawyer representing David Dao in the United situation.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/04/thomas...d-doctor-suit/
    His daughter is called Crystal Dao Pepper. I just so so hope she is a doctor too.

Comments

Dan Druff:
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Here is info about the badass lawyer representing David Dao in the United situation.

33 n dearborn. ive been to this guy's office.

you joke that he's "bad ass" but for sure this guy is getting paidddddddddddd
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/unit...200426898.html

Apparently, United is going to prescreen for passengers who would be willing to be bumped.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

33 n dearborn. ive been to this guy's office.
    Delivering airline tickets from a travel agency?
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I really wish the guy would of clocked the flight attendant when he goaded dude to punch him

OMG! AA Flight attendant violently took a stroller from a lady with her baby on my flight, hitting her and just missing the baby. Then he tried to fight a passenger who stood up for her. AA591 from SFO to DFW. What’s going on with these American Carriers???
    http://jalopnik.com/american-airline...str-1794552514
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Great. Now Delta is in the hot seat. I can't even believe it, I'd be fucking furious.

Kenny G decided he'd surprise the flight with a performance.....

and he wasn't even removed by force.

can you believe that!!!!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/24/entert...airlines-trnd/

Some passengers on a Saturday Delta flight had time to contemplate this reality as Kenny G. roamed the cabin with his saxophone, blowing some tunes in the name of charity.
    According to WFTS, Mr. G. offered to bless his fellow passengers with his famous mouth music if they contributed $1,000 to a Delta-facilitated fundraiser for Relay For Life. They doubled the amount.

edit: of course it was for charity and i wouldn't really be upset but wow would that fucking suck.

Comments

SysOp: this is green worthy
    Last edited by LarryLaffer; 04-24-2017 at 07:40 PM.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    When I saw the Kenny G piece I was like, and no one assaulted him for that lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    As predicted, this incident is changing the way overbooking is done in the US.

Southwest just stated that they are ending overbooking: http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/27/news...ing/index.html

JetBlue already wasn't overbooking prior to this, so there's two airlines now which are not overbooking. I suspect that eventually it will end entirely on all airlines.

In the meantime, Delta and United both now offer up to $10,000 to get passengers to give up a seat before forcing them off, and United will no longer force someone off if they are already seated on the plane.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/27/news...ing/index.html

Despite this move, I still hate Southwest. Aside from the no assigned seating crap (which I hate), this is also an airline with "one size fits all" policies which can be very customer-unfriendly when you need common-sense exceptions to be made. Basically, Southwest has policies which appear customer-friendly on the surface, but if you need any exceptions made or something unusual taken care of, they shut you down and tell you to eat shit. I despise companies like that.

In 2009, Southwest outright stole $100 from me. I had about $500 in airline credit with them, which I had a year to use. It WAS transferable, meaning I could have legally sold it or given it to friends/relatives. After about 10 months, I hadn't used it, and realized I would need to make a decision about what to do with it. I called Southwest, and was told I had to speak to a very specific department about this. Their phone line was ALWAYS BUSY (and I mean an old-school busy signal), and I couldn't get through. It was so fucking tilting, and there was no other department who was willing to handle this (nor could they arrange a call back).

After probably about 100 tries over a period of weeks, I finally got through, and my tickets were extended "for free" for another 6 months. For the moment, I was happy. Then when I went to actually redeem them, I found out that they had deducted $100 from my credit for the extension. Southwest ADMITTED that "most of our reps in that department had the wrong info" and wrongfully promised customers that they would get extended for free. Despite admitting this, they would not waive the $100, stating that it was "just an error", even though the error was on their part, and the entire department had the wrong info. I reasoned that I would have just given the tickets to a relative to use for full value had I known this (which is true), and they told me tough luck. They also lied about 'management' calling me back about this, when in reality they snuck a note on my account to simply ignore my calls. They never once told me to stop calling or that the decision was final, only that "management" would get back to me. Was pretty much a troll job at that point because they had no way to logically explain keeping my $100, so they decided just to fuck with me and have me endlessly wait for a callback they were never going to make.

I've since boycotted them, aside from once responding to a credit card offer to get a free flight, which I gave to Master Scalir for free.

Fuck them.

Load Metric

Southwest just stated that they are ending overbooking: http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/27/news...ing/index.html

JetBlue already wasn't overbooking prior to this, so there's two airlines now which are not overbooking. I suspect that eventually it will end entirely on all airlines.

In the meantime, Delta and United both now offer up to $10,000 to get passengers to give up a seat before forcing them off, and United will no longer force someone off if they are already seated on the plane.

Despite this move, I still hate Southwest. Aside from the no assigned seating crap (which I hate), this is also an airline with "one size fits all" policies which can be very customer-unfriendly when you need common-sense exceptions to be made. Basically, Southwest has policies which appear customer-friendly on the surface, but if you need any exceptions made or something unusual taken care of, they shut you down and tell you to eat shit. I despise companies like that.

In 2009, Southwest outright stole $100 from me. I had about $500 in airline credit with them, which I had a year to use. It WAS transferable, meaning I could have legally sold it or given it to friends/relatives. After about 10 months, I hadn't used it, and realized I would need to make a decision about what to do with it. I called Southwest, and was told I had to speak to a very specific department about this. Their phone line was ALWAYS BUSY (and I mean an old-school busy signal), and I couldn't get through. It was so fucking tilting, and there was no other department who was willing to handle this (nor could they arrange a call back).

After probably about 100 tries over a period of weeks, I finally got through, and my tickets were extended "for free" for another 6 months. For the moment, I was happy. Then when I went to actually redeem them, I found out that they had deducted $100 from my credit for the extension. Southwest ADMITTED that "most of our reps in that department had the wrong info" and wrongfully promised customers that they would get extended for free. Despite admitting this, they would not waive the $100, stating that it was "just an error", even though the error was on their part, and the entire department had the wrong info. I reasoned that I would have just given the tickets to a relative to use for full value had I known this (which is true), and they told me tough luck. They also lied about 'management' calling me back about this, when in reality they snuck a note on my account to simply ignore my calls. They never once told me to stop calling or that the decision was final, only that "management" would get back to me. Was pretty much a troll job at that point because they had to way to logically explain keeping my $100, so they decided just to fuck with me and have me endlessly wait for a callback they were never going to make.

I've since boycotted them, aside from once responding to a credit card offer to get a free flight, which I gave to Master Scalir for free.

Fuck them.
    Bullshit. You didn't give a free flight away for free. No fucking chance
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

I do nice things for people I like all the time, for no gain.

In fact, I gave away something of value for free to a member of this forum last year, but I won't go into detail.

I was able to get those free tickets for Master Scalir via the credit card offer, he needed them to fly to Chicago, so I gave them to him.

Comments

OSA: except the most loyal dedicated poster that has always had your back

Load Metric

Fuck them.
    Brace yourself, Mr Self Absorbed, here is some news you may find shocking: they feel undoubtedly feel the same way about you, although for PR reasons they can not be open about that

Southwest has always been an economy/efficiency oriented operation, which means basic service with few special services or extras...extra services mean extra costs, particularly in labor training and retention (higher wages needed); Southwest would rather you and others customers wanting additional service fly on other airlines instead of their incurring the cost of service you want...and they seem to be doing okay without you

Load Metric

After probably about 100 tries over a period of weeks, I finally got through, and my tickets were extended "for free" for another 6 months. For the moment, I was happy. Then when I went to actually redeem them, I found out that they had deducted $100 from my credit for the extension. Southwest ADMITTED that "most of our reps in that department had the wrong info" and wrongfully promised customers that they would get extended for free. Despite admitting this, they would not waive the $100, stating that it was "just an error", even though the error was on their part, and the entire department had the wrong info. I reasoned that I would have just given the tickets to a relative to use for full value had I known this (which is true), and they told me tough luck. They also lied about 'management' calling me back about this, when in reality they snuck a note on my account to simply ignore my calls. They never once told me to stop calling or that the decision was final, only that "management" would get back to me. Was pretty much a troll job at that point because they had to way to logically explain keeping my $100, so they decided just to fuck with me and have me endlessly wait for a callback they were never going to make.

Fuck them.
    He lets you post on PFA for free

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

Fuck them.
    Brace yourself, Mr Self Absorbed, here is some news you may find shocking: they feel undoubtedly feel the same way about you, although for PR reasons they can not be open about that

Southwest has always been an economy/efficiency oriented operation, which means basic service with few special services or extras...extra services mean extra costs, particularly in labor training and retention (higher wages needed); Southwest would rather you and others customers wanting additional service fly on other airlines instead of their incurring the cost of service you want...and they seem to be doing okay without you
    I understand all that, but did you read my story?

I wasn't looking for additional service or special treatment.

They promised me a free renewal of my credit, they charged me $100 for it despite that, they admitted they promised me (and others) it for free, and blamed it on "bad training" and told me to eat shit.

That's not no-frills. That's no-honesty.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I don't understand how their change in policy would have helped Dao. If their employees need last minute rides in the future will people not still get bumped? Do last minute rides needed by airline personnel qualify as overbooking? Are they stopping their ability to do that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    I don't understand how their change in policy would have helped Dao. If their employees need last minute rides in the future will people not still get bumped? Do last minute rides needed by airline personnel qualify as overbooking? Are they stopping their ability to do that?
    They won't force anyone off if they are already seated.

Also, they will offer up to $10k instead of only $800 like they did with Dao.

I'm talking about United here.

Regarding ending overbooking (which Southwest just did), you are correct that it will still occur if they need to squeeze personnel on, but that will be a lot less common than just the regular overbooking airlines usually do.

I always thought the whole concept of overbooking was bullshit, and should be illegal. If you pay for a seat, that seat should be yours. I suppose at some point at the last minute they can claim you no-showed and give it away or resell it, but aside from that, they should never sell more seats than the airplane has. I realize this is legal, but it shouldn't be.

Reminds me of a hotel situation I had in Philadelphia about 15 years ago.

I had a 1-night reservation. I didn't get there until about 5am. I guaranteed that night on my CC, so it charged me, which was fine.

When I got there, they told me that I "no showed" and couldn't have the room. They told me that I should have called ahead to warn them I would be so late.

I countered that a credit card guarantee of the room meant that it was mine whether I used it or not, and that it needs to be available until check-out time. Otherwise, how can they justify charging me for it and not making it available to me when I show up to get it?

This gave them fits trying to explain, and finally they gave up and told me I could have the room until checkout time at noon.

Then, after they processed the whole thing, the desk clerk said, "You know what? I'll just put you down as checking in early today, so you can have it until tomorrow."

This was actually nice because I got to sleep extra and not rush out by 12pm. But had they asked me to check out at 12pm, I would have been okay with that, because that's all I paid for.

Ever since then, I've called ahead to any hotel where I'm going to arrive after 10pm.

But it's the same concept. I'm not sure of their legal requirement in this situation, but it SHOULD be that if you pay for something, it's yours, even if it sits empty.

Load Metric

They promised me a free renewal of my credit, they charged me $100 for it despite that, they admitted they promised me (and others) it for free, and blamed it on "bad training" and told me to eat shit.

yes, i read it far enough to see your words "what i think is reasonable service" and then eye-rolled...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

yes, i read it far enough to see your words "what i think is reasonable service" and then eye-rolled...
    Well maybe you should read my full post (which wasn't even all that long) before making a snarky response?

I doubt you can make a case that a company who promises a transaction for free and then charges $100 for it is acting ethically -- especially when they admit that's exactly what happened.

Load Metric

I do nice things for people I like all the time, for no gain.

In fact, I gave away something of value for free to a member of this forum last year, but I won't go into detail.

I was able to get those free tickets for Master Scalir via the credit card offer, he needed them to fly to Chicago, so I gave them to him.
    I will confirm this. The gf and I were very thankful.

Comments

Dan Druff: so much for the secret!
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    They won't force anyone off if they are already seated.

Also, they will offer up to $10k instead of only $800 like they did with Dao.

I'm talking about United here.

Regarding ending overbooking (which Southwest just did), you are correct that it will still occur if they need to squeeze personnel on, but that will be a lot less common than just the regular overbooking airlines usually do.

I always thought the whole concept of overbooking was bullshit, and should be illegal. If you pay for a seat, that seat should be yours. I suppose at some point at the last minute they can claim you no-showed and give it away or resell it, but aside from that, they should never sell more seats than the airplane has. I realize this is legal, but it shouldn't be.

Reminds me of a hotel situation I had in Philadelphia about 15 years ago.

I had a 1-night reservation. I didn't get there until about 5am. I guaranteed that night on my CC, so it charged me, which was fine.

When I got there, they told me that I "no showed" and couldn't have the room. They told me that I should have called ahead to warn them I would be so late.

I countered that a credit card guarantee of the room meant that it was mine whether I used it or not, and that it needs to be available until check-out time. Otherwise, how can they justify charging me for it and not making it available to me when I show up to get it?

This gave them fits trying to explain, and finally they gave up and told me I could have the room until checkout time at noon.

Then, after they processed the whole thing, the desk clerk said, "You know what? I'll just put you down as checking in early today, so you can have it until tomorrow."

This was actually nice because I got to sleep extra and not rush out by 12pm. But had they asked me to check out at 12pm, I would have been okay with that, because that's all I paid for.

Ever since then, I've called ahead to any hotel where I'm going to arrive after 10pm.

But it's the same concept. I'm not sure of their legal requirement in this situation, but it SHOULD be that if you pay for something, it's yours, even if it sits empty.
    Had the same thing happen to me with a hotel.

Showed up at 11pm, which really isn't that late and they didn't have a room despite me paying.

Ended up sending me to a shitty hotel down the street for a night, then moved me back after that first night.

Comped my whole 4 day stay though, which made it right but I was still pissy about having to switch hotels and the first night having to sleep with one eye open.

Load Metric

Well maybe you should read my full post (which wasn't even all that long) before making a snarky response?

I doubt you can make a case that a company who promises a transaction for free and then charges $100 for it is acting ethically -- especially when they admit that's exactly what happened.
    Druff, i did read the whole story the first time through, and i knew the employee lied to you to get rid of you...he knew, as i do, that if he told you about the $100 you would keep on fighting...

newsflash Druff, people lie to get out of unpleasant situations, factor that into your dealings

thus you say "bad customer service" and Southwest also says bad customer service as in: "bad customer, service not provided"

Comments

MumblesBadly: "I can't go out that night. I have to wash my hair." Rep

Thread Information