Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1459

Thread: Boxing Thread

Load Metric
    Had a feeling this shit might happen.

Now we'll get the "we're just unable to agree on a deal at this time" excuses, and they'll announce something like Cotto/Canelo 2 or Canelo/Bradley.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post

Now we'll get the "we're just unable to agree on a deal at this time" excuses, and they'll announce something like Cotto/Canelo 2 or Canelo/Bradley.
    It's just sad that as an audience we don't get to watch the best possible fights. I think a factor might be age. Canelo is only 25 and GGG is 34. Unlike Mayweather, GGG gets in there and takes punches, so I doubt he will be fighting at that high of a level at 39 the way Mayweather has. I hope we don't get another Mayweather vs Pacquiao scenario and have to wait 6 years for the fight to happen once GGG is no longer in his prime.
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post

It's just sad that as an audience we don't get to watch the best possible fights. I think a factor might be age. Canelo is only 25 and GGG is 34. Unlike Mayweather, GGG gets in there and takes punches, so I doubt he will be fighting at that high of a level at 39 the way Mayweather has. I hope we don't get another Mayweather vs Pacquiao scenario and have to wait 6 years for the fight to happen once GGG is no longer in his prime.
    It's ruining the sport. And it doesn't look like it's going to get any better, anytime soon. Rather than trying to eliminate some of these god awful sanctioning bodies and alphabet titles, they're creating NEW titles (Diamond champions, what the fuck?) to give to their superstars. It gives the big stars, like Canelo, massive egos. Then they start thinking that it's OK to defend 160 lb titles at 155 against Jr. Welterweights, because "A side" this and "B side" that.

There's no more "dare to be great" scenarios in boxing. It's all a big cash grab.

Comments

El Gallo: Agreed

Load Metric
    Jesus, Cruz vs Frampton was an amazing fight. Can't wait to watch that one again. If you like boxing, this is the kind of fight you love. Two undefeated fighters who are large volume punchers but excellent boxers at the same time. Cruz threw 1000 punches:
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Roger Mayweather reported missing. How's his health otherwise, does anyone know? Is his head mush? He wasn't gone for too long before the missing persons report, and they describe him as an endangered adult.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/32581...ger-mayweather
    The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Missing Persons Detail has issued an alert for Roger Mayweather.
    Metro is asking for the public's assistance in locating the former professional boxer, as he is considered a missing endangered adult.
    Roger Mayweather, uncle of champion boxer Floyd Mayweather, was last seen in the area of Spring Mountain Road and Valley View Boulevard at about 3 p.m. Saturday according to police.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Big fight tomorrow Kell Brook v GGG

Initially I was giving Brook close to 0% chance here like most people but as the fight draws closer and GGG looked very drained, gaunt, and a bit unwell at the weigh-in I'm starting to think Brook has a legit chance here.

Still think GGG will do him inside three rounds with a brutal rib breaking ko but stranger things have happened.

Load Metric
    Ya watched the weigh-in also.

G looked like he'd ate some bad meat or something.

Hopefully works as a leveller. Doubt it tho.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Brook by way of decision... Also I would Bet money this goes 12. They don't call Brook special K for nothing. Superb Boxer.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Oh and if Brook pulls it off guaranteed everybody will blame the judges and blame the crowd chearing and bad refereeing and all that shit because their so but hurt they got it wrong.

Load Metric
    GGG at 40% knocks this guy out in under 6 rounds

Bronze
    Load Metric
    what odds would you give me??? il escrow with druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by drufdajewgod View Post
    2.5 to 1 for $50?

Load Metric
    "Golovkin's WBA belt is not up for grabs as that ruling body refused to sanction the fight, saying it was concerned about Brook's safety in the 160lbs division"

Jesus

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by drufdajewgod View Post

2.5 to 1 for $50?
    hmm thats actually a pretty fair bet... i think were running out of time here though... if i can send druff a etransfer in time im down for 50. id take brook at to 2.5 to 1 on my 50. But im thinking its too late,,, i never even escrowed with druff and i dont have his phone number lol. Friendly bet,,, lets not and say we did lol. See what happenes.

Anyway guys If Brook can start to gain any sort of forward momentum at some point in the fight (which i believe he will) watch out for that crowd. Shit is gonna get real crazy real fast. Go watch Froch Kessler 1 if you want to see what im talking about a bit. #specialk

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Unless if there is fast and safe way to do it, im still down.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    "Golovkin's WBA belt is not up for grabs as that ruling body refused to sanction the fight, saying it was concerned about Brook's safety in the 160lbs division"

Jesus
    extra strange considering this:

Load Metric
    I was over on Boxingscene.com telling everyone I thought Brook could win a decision if he could handle the power. I was half way trolling. But he's seeing GGG's shots coming. That power should catch up to him at some point, though.

Load Metric
    Brook's winning the fight. It'll be interesting to see if he makes it into the later rounds, how the extra weight coupled with all his movement affects his stamina.

Load Metric
    What in the fucking hell

Thread Information