Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life Update

Load Metric

Life Update

Hi all,
    I thought I would check in with the community. The school year is coming to an end shortly, and I am looking forward to having a fun summer. I am not going to take any summer classes, but I did do well in school this year at the junior college. I took on a light load for starters because I wanted to set myself up for success, and I think I am making some good progress. I got an A+ in each of the four classes I took so far. I am signed up as an Economics major, and have been readmitted to UC Irvine. I am going to apply to SJSU, though, in the fall because I would rather remain in the area where I am near my family and support network.
    Drugs and smoking have become a thing of the past and I trust myself; I have faith in God that He will guide me in the right direction, and will certainly harbor me from ever returning to the darkness. Also, I have been stable on two medications now for about two years - the diagnosis and treatment were truly an enormous blessing in my life as they restored me to sanity.
    The medications treat a mood disorder among other symptoms. Starting early in my adult life, I developed symptoms of schizoaffective disorder. It not only became worse because of drug use, but also was a factor contributing to my drug use. Getting treated made putting drugs aside a clear and easy choice. I no longer lust for drugs, and so it is easy to stay away.
    Now that my mood is stable, and I am able to think, I have done really well in poker. I started with $300 in gift money last Christmas and won $16,000 since then. Unfortunately I made a horrible mistake about two weeks ago. I took all the money I had won in the last six months to a baccarat table and lost it all. It was a horribly reckless choice, and to be quite honest, I do not know what on Earth I was thinking! I have to NEVER do that again. I am still quite content with my life, and am confident I will bounce back.
    I am trying to get into some body weight exercises. I have been swimming a little bit, trying to lose weight because the medication I am on caused me to gain about forty pounds. It is very hard for me to keep my weight stable, and next to impossible to lose weight. I swam five miles last Thursday, and am hoping to build up to more soon.
    I hope everyone in the community is doing well.

Cheers,
    Dan

Comments

zealanddonk: ship it crucial!

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Good Luck With Keeping Your Shit Straight Rep

duped_samaritan: That's great news. Keep it up.

MumblesBadly: All the best in your journey, good sir!

devidee: heavy load > light load

Gordman: Good luck Heeb. Laser focus forward

Muck Ficon: No one cares...no one is going to stake you in poker. Get over it.

nunbeater: as usual muck ants to a picnic
    Ship it crucial

Load Metric
    Interested in hearing about the bad bacc run. #canrelate.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Interested in hearing about the bad bacc run. #canrelate.
    From time to time, you end up in a "coin flip" situation in hold 'em. It seemed like I was losing EVERY coin flip. When I went to the baccarat table, I was certain I had lost the last 8 coin flip encounters at the hold 'em tables, so I figured I must be due to win some coin flips - might as well just go to the baccarat tables and flip a few coins right? LOL - WRONG! I lost it all quickly betting $2,000-$3,000 a hand.

Comments

Tellafriend: Barbecue
    Ship it crucial

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverheeb View Post
    Hi all,
    I thought I would check in with the community. The school year is coming to an end shortly, and I am looking forward to having a fun summer. I am not going to take any summer classes, but I did do well in school this year at the junior college. I took on a light load for starters because I wanted to set myself up for success, and I think I am making some good progress. I got an A+ in each of the four classes I took so far. I am signed up as an Economics major, and have been readmitted to UC Irvine. I am going to apply to SJSU, though, in the fall because I would rather remain in the area where I am near my family and support network.
    Drugs and smoking have become a thing of the past and I trust myself; I have faith in God that He will guide me in the right direction, and will certainly harbor me from ever returning to the darkness. Also, I have been stable on two medications now for about two years - the diagnosis and treatment were truly an enormous blessing in my life as they restored me to sanity.
    The medications treat a mood disorder among other symptoms. Starting early in my adult life, I developed symptoms of schizoaffective disorder. It not only became worse because of drug use, but also was a factor contributing to my drug use. Getting treated made putting drugs aside a clear and easy choice. I no longer lust for drugs, and so it is easy to stay away.
    Now that my mood is stable, and I am able to think, I have done really well in poker. I started with $300 in gift money last Christmas and won $16,000 since then. Unfortunately I made a horrible mistake about two weeks ago. I took all the money I had won in the last six months to a baccarat table and lost it all. It was a horribly reckless choice, and to be quite honest, I do not know what on Earth I was thinking! I have to NEVER do that again. I am still quite content with my life, and am confident I will bounce back.
    I am trying to get into some body weight exercises. I have been swimming a little bit, trying to lose weight because the medication I am on caused me to gain about forty pounds. It is very hard for me to keep my weight stable, and next to impossible to lose weight. I swam five miles last Thursday, and am hoping to build up to more soon.
    I hope everyone in the community is doing well.

Cheers,
    Dan
    Obv the kid is on a roll.. ...as he took down the last PFA free roll but there is more to the story....My game has blossomed for whatever reason. Just took third while on MDMA for the first time on a micro Canadian poker site, not Stars and raked in 37.50 Just prior to this windfall I was in the same free roll Landon took down and then this happened. I could tell Landon was the clear favourite but he had been at another table most of the way. He was not subject to the table talk I bring to the game and was so spared. Final table and I'm fifth and just about to shake the kid verbally when the power goes out. Middle of June, not a cloud in the sky and my power is out. Divine intervention? Someone decided I didn't need another 20 bucks I guess, but look out Landon next go round

Comments

sah_24: nap time

Load Metric
    Is WSOP staking season upon us already?

Comments

WillieMcFML: the correct answer

Tellafriend:
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    $2k or $3k a hand when you built it from gift cards? If you’re being serious, that’s bizarre. I recall the Heeb runs, but dusting that much off in the pits when you seem to be otherwise stable is strange. Have you looked up your meds for that side effect? I’ve saw some of those drugs have that side effect. I recall reading about abilify and Effexor having gambling side effects. Losing that much money in your spot, if you’re telling the truth, will fuck your head up. I’m surprised you didn’t start smoking after that.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric

Comments

MumblesBadly: Totally could NOT see DLH’s mouth move when the giant mouse was talking.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    It ain't a Heeb it up without a Heeb it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    I no longer lust for drugs, and so it is easy to stay away.
    Now that my mood is stable, and I am able to think, I have done really well in poker. I started with $300 in gift money last Christmas and won $16,000 since then. Unfortunately I made a horrible mistake about two weeks ago. I took all the money I had won in the last six months to a baccarat table and lost it all.
    Easy to stay away from drugs? You are able to think...yet lost all your money playing baccarat? You are a relapse waiting to happen. You are just gambling until you go back to drugs. Trading one addiction for another.

Comments

shoeshine box: harsh .yet Truth.

tgull: Good Post. Good Post!
    Last edited by Muck Ficon; 06-20-2019 at 02:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    If your emotional state or sanity is in play and you are doing better now (props), dont gamble, for real.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Four A+'s?
    Did you get a gold star too?

I'm sorry, but that just doesn't sound believable to me. Who gives out A+'s these days? I remember kids getting them on the chalk board in first grade.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Don't listen to the haters, Heeb.

Good luck. You know I've always been pulling for you.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    You know, I'm sorry I that came off wrong. I'm not sitting here trying to be a hater or anything like that. That part just didn't sound very plausible to me; perhaps there really are A+'s given out, I really don't know for sure one way or the other. Maybe my skepticism is just derived from the natural essence of how this forum can be at times over the years as (we all know) a place where tall tales are told.

I genuinely hope that this is all true - I really do. This sounds like quite a life-changing turnaround. Heeb, I wish you nothing but the best and keep up the great work. Make no mistake, I'm on team Heeb!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    You know, I'm sorry I that came off wrong. I'm not sitting here trying to be a hater or anything like that. That part just didn't sound very plausible to me; perhaps there really are A+'s given out, I really don't know for sure one way or the other. Maybe my skepticism is just derived from the natural essence of how this forum can be at times over the years as (we all know) a place where tall tales are told.

I genuinely hope that this is all true - I really do. This sounds like quite a life-changing turnaround. Heeb, I wish you nothing but the best and keep up the great work. Make no mistake, I'm on team Heeb!
    Name:  grades.png
Views: 915
Size:  363.4 KB

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Crucial

OSA: A+ for oral

Texter: Keep it up kid...the grades...not the dong

Gordman: Pics or it didnt happ....oh, it DID happen! Congrats!
    Ship it crucial

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    $2k or $3k a hand when you built it from gift cards? If you’re being serious, that’s bizarre. I recall the Heeb runs, but dusting that much off in the pits when you seem to be otherwise stable is strange. Have you looked up your meds for that side effect? I’ve saw some of those drugs have that side effect. I recall reading about abilify and Effexor having gambling side effects. Losing that much money in your spot, if you’re telling the truth, will fuck your head up. I’m surprised you didn’t start smoking after that.
    I actually took both those medications separately at one point, and hated the effects of both. Abilify made me excited all the time - I hated that medication, but it helped with my thinking. Effexor was awful. I am on Zyprexa and Depakote. It took a lot of trial and error, but these two together are working wonders for me.
    What I did not include in the original post is that I spent around $6,000 and used about $2,500 to make amends to various people. The actual amount of cash lost was about $8,600. It sucks that I cannot have a subway sandwich every day, and instead am eating forty cent burritos from Safeway, but that is just how it is. I frequently get to eat good meals with my family. Some people do not have that. I consider myself lucky to have gotten to enjoy that much money without having to work for it. So, after all, what do I have to be upset over? Nothing.

Comments

gauchojake: gratitude is key

shoeshine box: well said son.
    Last edited by Neverheeb; 06-20-2019 at 08:16 AM.
    Ship it crucial

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I actually took both those medications separately at one point, and hated the effects of both. Abilify made me excited all the time - I hated that medication, but it helped with my thinking. Effexor was awful. I am on Zyprexa and Depakote. It took a lot of trial and error, but these two together are working wonders for me.
    What I did not include in the original post is that I spent around $6,000 and used about $2,500 to make amends to various people. The actual amount of cash lost was about $8,600. It sucks that I cannot have a subway sandwich every day, and instead am eating forty cent burritos from Safeway, but that is just how it is. I frequently get to eat good meals with my family. Some people do not have that. I consider myself lucky to have gotten to enjoy that much money without having to work for it. So, after all, what do I have to be upset over? Nothing.
    IDGAF, everybody can call me a hater all they want but this makes the story less plausible & it wasn't all that plausible to begin with.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    It sucks that I cannot have a subway sandwich every day, and instead am eating forty cent burritos from Safeway, but that is just how it is.
    Poor Heeb! Have you considered flipping burgers? I'm sure even you could get a job at McDonald's. You could get a discount and eat well. These thinly veiled "stake me" threads are annoying.

Comments

tgull: Good Post, Good Post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 430
Size:  1.90 MB

Load Metric
    I hear taking out student loans and blowing it on WSOP is a great move in life.

Thread Information