Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever try the "Slow Carb Diet"

Load Metric

Anyone ever try the "Slow Carb Diet"

So, last month I returned from Anguilla and got on a scale. I knew it was not going to be a good number, but it's not just the number. I felt tired, lethargic and fat. Even being the heaviest I've been in the last 7 years, I still manage to run or workout at least 3 times a week. I have a generally muscular build, but, at 52 the weight sticks more than it used to. A Chiropractor Friend (aka Back-Crack-Quack) called it "Fit Fat". Beer, Pasta and Bread have been my undoing.

So while I started my usual routine of cutting this or that, I came across a tweet from Jonathan Little who claimed he lost 40 pounds on a diet. What caught my attention was the Author of the det book, "the 4 Hour Body" was Tim Ferris, the author of a book I read a couple of years ago called the "Four Hour Work week". I checked it out and the reviews were mixed. It seemed that most folks who failed, didn't keep up with everything in it. So far, I'm 3 weeks in and 10.25 lbs lighter. The first week and 1/2 was pure fucking torture. But, now I've got the hang of things and really look forward to my cheat day. I also feel lighter and more powerful when I run. Yesterday, I ran an easy 6.5 miles and could have run another 3 or 4 miles.

I want to drop another 10 lbs. Has anyone else ever tried this diet? Results?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    So, last month I returned from Anguilla and got on a scale. I knew it was not going to be a good number, but it's not just the number. I felt tired, lethargic and fat. Even being the heaviest I've been in the last 7 years, I still manage to run or workout at least 3 times a week. I have a generally muscular build, but, at 52 the weight sticks more than it used to. A Chiropractor Friend (aka Back-Crack-Quack) called it "Fit Fat". Beer, Pasta and Bread have been my undoing.

So while I started my usual routine of cutting this or that, I came across a tweet from Jonathan Little who claimed he lost 40 pounds on a diet. What caught my attention was the Author of the det book, "the 4 Hour Body" was Tim Ferris, the author of a book I read a couple of years ago called the "Four Hour Work week". I checked it out and the reviews were mixed. It seemed that most folks who failed, didn't keep up with everything in it. So far, I'm 3 weeks in and 10.25 lbs lighter. The first week and 1/2 was pure fucking torture. But, now I've got the hang of things and really look forward to my cheat day. I also feel lighter and more powerful when I run. Yesterday, I ran an easy 6.5 miles and could have run another 3 or 4 miles.

I hit 204lbs in June. I started Keto on June 28th . I've lost 16lbs as if today . I don't miss carbs one bit . I'll be 50 in three weeks. My ideal weight is 175lbs.

Load Metric
    I’m on the Seaboob diet. I see boob, i.e. tit

Load Metric
    I no longer have time for you fat fucks.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    I’m on the Seaboob diet. I see boob, i.e. tit

Name:  7Ekinhm.gif
Views: 377
Size:  1,023.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Try the math diet, consume less calories than you burn lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm not going to agree with an idiot but jesus christ I'm 6' 1" and 185 and drink a lot.

What it is wrong with your metabolism?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Seriously though, I don't know much about this "slow carb diet" vs a regular carb diet or anything, but i will say from personal experience that severely cutting carbs on a certain regimen DOES help you to lose weight and if followed correctly/religiously or whatever you want to call it, WILL help you lose massive amounts of weight. Its been about 15 years or more that i was on one of those Atkins type diets and it really fucking worked. After a while into it, i shit you not, but I got to the point where i was even eating hot wings and beer - now it was low carb beer, but it still worked for me. It wont work for everyone like this though so dont get your hopes up. Once again though, if you eliminate carbs in a certain proven schedule and dont deviate, you will likely lose weight like you keep heating people talk about.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    I'm not going to agree with an idiot but jesus christ I'm 6' 1" and 185 and drink a lot.

Yeah well, yow old are you? I would imagine your much younger than me and in any case i can assure you that it will catch up with you. Before you know it you will be saying to yourself: "what the fuck happened?"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hey buudy all is good. I happen to be a cyclist. That means 20-30 k per day. That likely
    has some effect. Don't meant to disrespect

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post

I hit 204lbs in June. I started Keto on June 28th . I've lost 16lbs as if today . I don't miss carbs one bit . I'll be 50 in three weeks. My ideal weight is 175lbs.
    Sounds like you've made good progress so far. Keep it up!

Load Metric
    Hey buudy all is good. I happen to be a cyclist. That means 20-30 k per day. That likely
    has some effect. Don't meant to disrespect
    You sound like Jef the cyclist from Pearls Before Swine.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sorry fatty i didn't read that one

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

Yeah well, yow old are you? I would imagine your much younger than me and in any case i can assure you that it will catch up with you. Before you know it you will be saying to yourself: "what the fuck happened?"
    This is spot on. When I was in my 20's, I could eat anything I wanted, drink whatever i wanted and as much as I wanted and I was in super shape. Hell, I used to brew my own beer back in the day. But, as you get older, it catches up with you. The food and drink stay with you. It's much harder to shed excess weight.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=Cerveza Fria;856052]

This is spot on. When I was in my 20's, I could eat anything I wanted, drink whatever i wanted and as much as I wanted and I was in super shape. Hell, I used to brew my own beer back in the day. But, as you get older, it catches up with you. The food and drink stay with you. It's much harder to shed excess weight.[/QUOTE

Yeah you tell your body that you're 50 and you stil have 20 k to go.......lol
    givei it up fatty

Load Metric
    I eat 7000 calories a day and cant seem to get over 375, what am I doing wrong?

Comments

sah_24: exactly lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

This is spot on. When I was in my 20's, I could eat anything I wanted, drink whatever i wanted and as much as I wanted and I was in super shape. Hell, I used to brew my own beer back in the day. But, as you get older, it catches up with you. The food and drink stay with you. It's much harder to shed excess weight.
    Age has nothing to do with it, you just got lazier ... stop lying to yourself is the first step

Losing weight is a math problem, thats it

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post

Age has nothing to do with it, you just got lazier ... stop lying to yourself is the first step

Actually, age has a lot to do with it. As we age, it becomes harder to recover from exercise effort. And, the beer sticks with you more as you age. That being said, I can smoke people half my age in a foot race.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Actually, age has a lot to do with it. As we age, it becomes harder to recover from exercise effort. And, the beer sticks with you more as you age. That being said, I can smoke people half my age in a foot race.
    No age doesn't have anything to do with it, I know plenty of old people who are not land whales bc they consume less calories than they burn. You can continue making excuses though and stay fat lol, it's pretty standard of fat people to blame anything but themselves

Learn math

Load Metric

Losing weight is not a math problem. It's a glucose and insulin problem. Also your metabolism does slow as you get older.

Comments

sah_24: LOL, fat people are hilarity

Gordman: Offset

Thread Information