Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have Gout?

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Anyone have Gout?

Holy fuck! I've been doing it up pretty good the last few weeks. Lots of alcohol and big rich food. Lobster, shrimp, steak ect...

Well my toe started hurting a little tonight before dinner. Over the next few hour walking was becoming painful. I headed home and hit the sack. I woke up around 4am feeling like my big toe was on fire. It was so painful I couldn't have a sheet touching me.

It's been 2 hours and 3 glasses of water and Advil and the pain is just starting to easy.

Anyone else ever have gout? Any cures for the pain?

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    SK had that shit
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Allopurinol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In pain now for 6 hours!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodpoop View Post
    In pain now for 6 hours!

Get some legal opioids to sort out short term pain.

Then once attack gone away get on allopurinol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    In pain now for 6 hours!

Get some legal opioids to sort out short term pain.

Then once attack gone away get on allopurinol.
    Thanks

Load Metric
    7 years ago I rented a lake house up in NH and invited up a bunch of friends. It was basically a week of drinking and for food most days we went to a seafood shack right up the road. So yeah week of beer and shellfish...... by day 6 this same shit happened to me. Could hardly walk. After 2-3 days it was ok again but for that first 24 hours it sucked balls. I came home and got on allopurinol and never had a problem since.

You can also ice the shit out of it... That will help.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Is this the first time you have ever had it?

Go to the Dr. Make an appointment. Or if u have friends that have had it before that live near you call them and see if they have any leftover colcichene(spelling?) Or indomethecin. Those are usually prescribed to fight flare ups.

My suggestion is don't take pain pills to cure it bc they won't . The Gout will just get worse while u are fucked up. Stop drinking, smoking cigarettes, eating meat, or foods high in purines. Go to dr asap for pills though. You will need them .

I thought I broke my foot the first time I had Gout. I thought going out and drinking and eating a steak would make me feel better that day.

::bad decision::

It's literally the worst physical pain I've ever been in when it gets real bad.

Good luck

Drink tons of water and fresh lemon juice as well. And eat fresh cherries.

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post
    Is this the first time you have ever had it?

Go to the Dr. Make an appointment. Or if u have friends that have had it before that live near you call them and see if they have any leftover colcichene(spelling?) Or indomethecin. Those are usually prescribed to fight flare ups.

My suggestion is don't take pain pills to cure it bc they won't . The Gout will just get worse while u are fucked up. Stop drinking, smoking cigarettes, eating meat, or foods high in purines. Go to dr asap for pills though. You will need them .

I thought I broke my foot the first time I had Gout. I thought going out and drinking and eating a steak would make me feel better that day.

::bad decision::

It's literally the worst physical pain I've ever been in when it gets real bad.

Good luck

Drink tons of water and fresh lemon juice as well. And eat fresh cherries.
    Yep first time. It sucks!!! I'm pounding water and have my foot in an ice bath now.

The wife is out buying cherries and lemons now.

I can still hobble to the bathroom from all the water but that's about it. I can't imagine my toe being cut off being much more painful than this.

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    7 years ago I rented a lake house up in NH and invited up a bunch of friends. It was basically a week of drinking and for food most days we went to a seafood shack right up the road. So yeah week of beer and shellfish...... by day 6 this same shit happened to me. Could hardly walk. After 2-3 days it was ok again but for that first 24 hours it sucked balls. I came home and got on allopurinol and never had a problem since.

You can also ice the shit out of it... That will help.

Any side effects with the allopurinol?

Load Metric
    If there are any I'm not aware of them.

Load Metric
    Holy fuck! I've been doing it up pretty good the last few weeks. Lots of alcohol and big rich food. Lobster, shrimp, steak ect...

Well my toe started hurting a little tonight before dinner. Over the next few hour walking was becoming painful. I headed home and hit the sack. I woke up around 4am feeling like my big toe was on fire. It was so painful I couldn't have a sheet touching me.

It's been 2 hours and 3 glasses of water and Advil and the pain is just starting to easy.

I've never had it personally but work/worked with guys who did & according to them you hit basically every trigger for it. 1 guy I work with took medication & it still took 8-10 days for it to clear.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

I've never had it personally but work/worked with guys who did & according to them you hit basically every trigger for it. 1 guy I work with took medication & it still took 8-10 days for it to clear.
    No WAY! 8-10 days will kill me. It's ridiculous how bad this hurts and I'm still in the ice bath.

Load Metric
    druff i thought your forum was terrible but you have people getting gout in 2015 im all in

Load Metric
    also one of the greatest went down josh ozersky had gout so you are in rare company

Load Metric
    also seriously do you understand what a glutton slash alcoholic i am and youre the one who gets gout im a little jealous bro

Load Metric
    How do you know this is Gout?

Pain this bad, need to get to a clinic, see wtf is going on.

Could have a fracture, or a diabetic reaction, or god knows what else.

GL & stay off your feet as much as possible.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I get it from time to time, some home remedies for me:

- eat cherries

- take 1 tbl of apple cider vinegar, put into a glass of water, chug

- hydrate with lots of water

- take ibuprofen (I also vape weed which helps)

I also try to change my eating habits after gout attacks (and even without them) by going "vegan" once a week. Stay away from meat, cheese, beer, sugar etc. I usually do it during the week as on the weekends I eat and drink like a king while gambling way too much money during football season.

Load Metric
    rofl TODD HALF YOUR FORUM HAS GOUT BRO

Comments

shortbuspoker: at least he still has a forum rep

Doctor gave me a script for Colcrys and I only take it when I feel it coming on. It works great.

Mushrooms cause the flare ups for me but I still eat the shit out of them

Thread Information