Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***Official 2018-19 NCAA Basketball Thread***

Load Metric

***Official 2018-19 NCAA Basketball Thread***

Had a chance to watch Nevada Reno last night . All I can say is wow . This team is loaded and talented. They certainly deserve the #6 ranking they have been tagged with . Only knock I can see is the schedule out of conference is fairly weak and the Mountain West is very weak . I actually do not see them losing a game in conference . No more underdog status for this small school . They have arrived and will be a tough out for any team .

Load Metric
    Nevada Reno starts 4-0 heading to holiday tournament in Las Vegas . Will be interesting to see how they will take to the road and no crowds .

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I took Gonzaga +7.5 yesterday. I dont know jack shit about college basketball, but I figured Duke was overpriced because of all the hype around them. I watched the game and it was actually very exciting and fun to watch. Not much of a sweat except having to worry about going to OT and Gonzaga getting blown out in OT.

Barrett looked like a solid NBA prospect. Zion looked a little short to be playing PF, which seems like his natural position given his body and play style. He might be one of those tweener players that don't really make it in the NBA. The current NBA player he actually reminds me the most of is Lance Stevenson.

The Japanese kid from Gonzaga was also super impressive. But he is a Junior so I guess he isn't much of an NBA prospect.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I took Gonzaga +7.5 yesterday. I dont know jack shit about college basketball, but I figured Duke was overpriced because of all the hype around them. I watched the game and it was actually very exciting and fun to watch. Not much of a sweat except having to worry about going to OT and Gonzaga getting blown out in OT.

Barrett looked like a solid NBA prospect. Zion looked a little short to be playing PF, which seems like his natural position given his body and play style. He might be one of those tweener players that don't really make it in the NBA. The current NBA player he actually reminds me the most of is Lance Stevenson.

The Japanese kid from Gonzaga was also super impressive. But he is a Junior so I guess he isn't much of an NBA prospect.

Big win for Gonzaga. Nice bet and win. I wonder how many slots Duke will fall from #1?? Probably down to 4 or 5

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

Big win for Gonzaga. Nice bet and win. I wonder how many slots Duke will fall from #1?? Probably down to 4 or 5
    They will go from #1 to #3....truly doubt they will go any lower than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post

They will go from #1 to #3....truly doubt they will go any lower than that.

#3 seems reasonable .

Side note Nevada Reno now 5-0 after winning against a scrappy Tulsa team . Up next Umass .

Load Metric
    Nevada Reno lays 110 on UMass

Improves to 6-0 on the season

This team is impossible to match up against . Every guy on the floor can shoot and drive and kick out or post . As they progress against better teams they will have to step up defensively but every team they have played so far gets into foul trouble putting Nevada at the charity stripe early and often.

Come Monday this should be the #5 ranked team in the country . Every sports book in the world is rooting against this team as they opened at 40-1 on the future and quickly got hammered down to 11-1 . Books will lose a fortune if they somehow manage to win it all.

If you get a chance to watch this team you won't be dissapointed.

Load Metric

This team is impossible to match up against . Every guy on the floor can shoot and drive and kick out or post . As they progress against better teams they will have to step up defensively but every team they have played so far gets into foul trouble putting Nevada at the charity stripe early and often.

Come Monday this should be the #5 ranked team in the country . Every sports book in the world is rooting against this team as they opened at 40-1 on the future and quickly got hammered down to 11-1 . Books will lose a fortune if they somehow manage to win it all.

Look at their schedule....it's all shitty teams. They should finish this season undefeated. Overrated as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric

Look at their schedule....it's all shitty teams. They should finish this season undefeated. Overrated as fuck.

If you seriously think they are overrated you are clueless about college basketball. Why do you think they couldn't get a ranked team to play them? Nobody wants to play them . I agree in conference schedule is weak but they are on the road to play Loyola Chicago next week and USC and Arizona State . UMass is a decent team that will probably make tournament and Tulsa was a decent team. You can only play who is willing to play you .

I assure you this team is the real deal

Platinum
    Load Metric

If you seriously think they are overrated you are clueless about college basketball. Why do you think they couldn't get a ranked team to play them? Nobody wants to play them . I agree in conference schedule is weak but they are on the road to play Loyola Chicago next week and USC and Arizona State . UMass is a decent team that will probably make tournament and Tulsa was a decent team. You can only play who is willing to play you .

yeah 5 senior starters, 3 who tested the NBA last year...they definitely have a nice experience base...they're not gonna go through the MWC undefeated...there's always one or two road games where they'll either be a little off or the team they're playing will be totally on...happens all the time in college...

thing with them is gonna be once they get to march:
    1. will they get fucked with seeding...some years ago Wichita State was really fucking good, but they had to play a 1-8 game versus fucking Kentucky who was insanely underseeded…think that was the year kentucky went to the title game and lost...this is definitely something i'd be worried about...
    2. will they be comfortable with being expected to win on that stage...
    3. what's gonna happen when they get into one of those close games in the tourney? will they be able to step it up when it's gonna be rare for them to be challenged in the MWC..

gonna be interesting to watch for sure..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

yeah 5 senior starters, 3 who tested the NBA last year...they definitely have a nice experience base...they're not gonna go through the MWC undefeated...there's always one or two road games where they'll either be a little off or the team they're playing will be totally on...happens all the time in college...

1. will they get fucked with seeding...some years ago Wichita State was really fucking good, but they had to play a 1-8 game versus fucking Kentucky who was insanely underseeded…think that was the year kentucky went to the title game and lost...this is definitely something i'd be worried about...
    3. what's gonna happen when they get into one of those close games in the tourney? will they be able to step it up when it's gonna be rare for them to be challenged in the MWC..

I agree with most of the situational things brought up in this post. They have answered every single challenge so far . Every team they have played looks utterly defeated by the 10 minute mark in 2nd half. The problem with playing Nevada is matching up . Every single time Umass made a big basket Nevada answered . They have 8 legit starters for any D1 team .

Currently ranked 3rd in free throw attempts per game ( Huge Stat)

Currently ranked 7th Turnovers per game

on and on and on it goes .

I am not saying they can win it all. What I am saying is this team is like watching an NBA team . They all can shoot the 3 and they pass with precise accuracy. They don't turn the ball over . Great Coach . Just the complete package. Less we forget they came within 1 point of making elite 8 last year . Now they have added 4 incredible transfers .

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

I agree with most of the situational things brought up in this post. They have answered every single challenge so far . Every team they have played looks utterly defeated by the 10 minute mark in 2nd half. The problem with playing Nevada is matching up . Every single time Umass made a big basket Nevada answered . They have 8 legit starters for any D1 team .

Currently ranked 3rd in free throw attempts per game ( Huge Stat)

Currently ranked 7th Turnovers per game

on and on and on it goes .

I am not saying they can win it all. What I am saying is this team is like watching an NBA team . They all can shoot the 3 and they pass with precise accuracy. They don't turn the ball over . Great Coach . Just the complete package. Less we forget they came within 1 point of making elite 8 last year . Now they have added 4 incredible transfers .
    that was the recipe Villanova had last year...in college if you can put 5 guys on the floor who can all shoot something around 40 or more % from 3 you're gonna be insanely hard to beat...it's the ultimate equalizer in college basketball...everybody is gonna be blowing dook all year, but Nevada's experience matched up with really good 3 point shooting will be tough to beat even though dook probably has at minimum 2 top 5 picks on their team...

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Nevada now 7-0 after beating Loyola 79-65

Nevada showed a huge increase tonight in the defensive side while scoring 79 points . While they didn't shoot all that well tonight and missed a couple easy dunks they held there opponent to taking horrible shots and had more than a few blocks. Next up is USC on Saturday 12/1 leading up to the showdown with Arizona State on 12/7 . First road test in a hostile gym was a passing grade .

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Shut it down now. Nevada sucks. They always will and deep throat, too,

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Snead View Post
    Shut it down now. Nevada sucks. They always will and deep throat, too,

Name:  OffSunset_GayCDC.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  163.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    watched highlights of a couple games of nevada. the team is legit. big, fast and athletic.

reminds me of those vintage memphis teams from several years ago that went 30-3
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    watched highlights of a couple games of nevada. the team is legit. big, fast and athletic.

And they won nothing!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

And they won nothing!
    not exactly nothing. and it was just a cursory observation. nevada didn't luck sack into a high ranking. there's plenty of talent there.

a 4 yr run most colleges can only dream of just short of winning the title

2005–06 Calipari 33–4 13–1 1st NCAA Elite Eight
    2006–07 Calipari 33–4 16–0 1st NCAA Elite Eight
    2007–08 Calipari 38–2[c] 16–0 1st NCAA Final
    2008–09 Calipari 33–4 16–0 1st NCAA Sweet Sixteen
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Bronze
    Load Metric

And they won nothing!
    not exactly nothing. and it was just a cursory observation. nevada didn't luck sack into a high ranking. there's plenty of talent there.

a 4 yr run most colleges can only dream of just short of winning the title

2005–06 Calipari 33–4 13–1 1st NCAA Elite Eight
    2006–07 Calipari 33–4 16–0 1st NCAA Elite Eight
    2007–08 Calipari 38–2[c] 16–0 1st NCAA Final
    2008–09 Calipari 33–4 16–0 1st NCAA Sweet Sixteen

Calapari won.

As a final four team the players get the host n stuff plus they get a ring...but so what? If you don't win it all what does a Final Four matter? Just llke a losing SuperBowl team. If the Eagles don't play the Pats every year who did the Pats play?

Thread Information