Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sopranos was overrated.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Wire/Breaking Bad - A

Sopranos/Mad Men - A-

Louie is right below this first tier but haven't seen season 3 yet.

All the other shows that I like (Boardwalk, Homeland, Girls, House of Cards, Thrones) fall somewhere in the B range.

Dexter is abominable but it's one of those bad shows that I tolerate because my girlfriend likes it. First four seasons were decent.

This posting needs an edit - After a recent rewtach of Game of Thrones S3 this show is now in the A- tier to me.

Comments

sonatine: Justified.

Load Metric
    Seriously tho what an overrated show.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Seriously tho you're fucking high.

Load Metric
    We're on episode 2 of season 6 now of an epic rewatch binge. You're all wet guy, best show ever.

Load Metric
    best at being overrated maybe

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    seriously lets see hard you gush over it after 6 hours devoted to carmella fucking a high school teacher and another 8 devoted to meadow fucking some shine.

Load Metric
    Fuck you Feech it's fucking parking.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Feech was having wine with peaches in this scene, I always thought wtf?

Load Metric
    being overrated and also one of the best shows ever i don't think is mutually exclusive in this case

it had it's low points, but the sopranos were as good as the best of them when they brought their a-game

and i was confused when i first read the thread because i thought it was about the wire because of the remastered marathon that just ended so i'm gonna try to tie this thing into a nice little bow by seguing into this

mcnulty=the sopranos

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

it had it's low points, but the sopranos were as good as the best of them when they brought their a-game
    tough but fair.

touch... but fair.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You guys have to remember when you the sopranos came out there was not a series on cable like that before..a weekly series that was gritty. After that then came game of thrones , ray Donovan, nurse jakie, falling skies, it spawned a A WHOLE NEW CALIBER OF WEEKLY SERIES..with better stars and writing. Ever since then broadcast t.v is trying to catch up.

Comments

limitles: Absotutely Sonatine was watching Mr. Rodgers

Load Metric
    season 4 sopranos teeters on the verge of being the greatest thing ever then tips over with that final fight

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    You guys have to remember when you the sopranos came out there was not a series on cable like that before..a weekly series that was gritty.
    Oz beat the sopranos by a few years.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Oz was fantastic and still holds up

Daly: Oz rep. It really was the show that started it al.

Load Metric
    Sopranos was A+ amazing

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Your right about oz..I dont Evan watch broadcast t.v..the writing and acting,production values and story lines blow away everything else..its actually the only thing keeping people paying..the suits were ahead of the curve for once.

Load Metric
    JK Simmons as Vern Shillinger is GOD.

Load Metric
    Any show that gets jizzed over as much as Sopranos is overrated. I think you needed the family interaction with Tony, but Sonatine is right about Carmela and the kids. That shit slowed the show down a lot when they followed the family without Tony around. But, it was still pretty great.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Wire/Breaking Bad - A

Sopranos/Mad Men - A-

Louie is right below this first tier but haven't seen season 3 yet.

All the other shows that I like (Boardwalk, Homeland, Girls, House of Cards, Thrones) fall somewhere in the B range.

Dexter is abominable but it's one of those bad shows that I tolerate because my girlfriend likes it. First four seasons were decent.
    I didn't like Mad Men too much. It's great to look at, for sure, and it's well acted. It's just a beautiful soap opera to me. Advertising just isn't as compelling as meth cook, mafioso or urban drug scene.

And I think Justified is better than Boardwalk and Homeland. Homeland is garbage after season 2. I tried and gave up on season 3. I have a tough time with Boardwalk, so many great players and great sets, and it always comes up short.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    Any show that gets jizzed over as much as Sopranos is overrated. I think you needed the family interaction with Tony, but Sonatine is right about Carmela and the kids. That shit slowed the show down a lot when they followed the family without Tony around. But, it was still pretty great.
    There is some tedious shit but Sopranos is fantastic.

People pick apart everything, myself included. Still waiting for Tine to rewatch and shit on The Wire.

I wish I weren't so critical honestly.

Load Metric
    The Wire has some dead air but its overall a great show. Solid acting, very good writing. Why would I shit on it?

The Sopranos top dogs, on the other hand, realized quickly that it was going to be a juggernaught so they started a well documented terror campaign against the writers where anyone who refused to water down the plot lines and stretch the show out to a point where it just barely retained mass appeal was terminated, and total hack flunkies were brought in to replace them.

ISNT THAT RIGHT, CARMELLA IN ITALY?

The Artist Formerly Known as Jewdonk
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    The Wire has some dead air but its overall a great show. Solid acting, very good writing. Why would I shit on it?

The Sopranos top dogs, on the other hand, realized quickly that it was going to be a juggernaught so they started a well documented terror campaign against the writers where anyone who refused to water down the plot lines and stretch the show out to a point where it just barely retained mass appeal was terminated, and total hack flunkies were brought in to replace them.

ISNT THAT RIGHT, CARMELLA IN ITALY?

you sure spend a lot of time watching tv

guess fishing and getting outdoors is more of a hobby

Thread Information