Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Crowder versus Vox/Carlos Maza

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Steven Crowder versus Vox/Carlos Maza

Steven Crowder is a conservative YouTube comedian who I enjoy watching.

Carlos Maza is a flamboyantly gay content creator for Vox, who makes a lot of left-wing videos for the site.

Over the past 2 years, Crowder has done several "debunking" videos featuring commentary on Maza's.

A good example is the one he just did recently:

Note that, while Crowder sometimes insults Maza and makes gay jokes, the majority of the 23 minutes is spent on the actual topic being discussed.

That's what most of these debunking videos are like. However, I won't deny that Crowder has uttered a lot of gay-related insults in Maza's direction, including calling him a "lispy queer".

Maza finally had enough and put forth a series of tweets calling out Crowder for this, including a montage of Crowder insulting him over the years:

Anyway, while it's easy to feel sorry for Maza and see him as the victim, a lot of his logic doesn't hold up if you look at it closely.

First off, Maza isn't a private citizen. He is a public figure who does provocative, controversial political videos for a living. In general, I have a big problem with public figures who make a lot of money riling people up, and then cry foul when people on the internet are mean to them.

Second, what bad thing has happened to Maza, aside from getting insulted in comments sections? It seems that the worst thing was a barrage of 100 text messages from some troll, saying "Debate Crowder". Okay? Doesn't sound like the end of the world to me, nor is Crowder directly responsible for this.

Furthermore, Maza's own Twitter has "Tucker Carlson is a white supremacist" in his bio. So it's cool to write that type of thing about Carlson (who recently got harassed while dining out), yet you cry foul when people on the internet call you a "lispy queer"?

Here's Crowder's response:

YouTube has since confirmed that they are "investigating" Crowder, but will not provide further detail, which has further pissed off Maza.

Make no mistake about it, this is indeed an act of attempted censorship. Maza wants Crowder's channel shut down, to send a message to all conservative content creators that they had better be nice to him, or else lose their livelihood.

Load Metric
    why do you always stick up for bad people?

Comments

JimmyG_415: Exactly, the guy can't write an unbiased sentence....

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    why do you always stick up for bad people?
    Why are you literally retarded ?

Load Metric
    Druff, calling someone like Tucker Carlson a “white supremacist” is not in any way comparable to calling someone like Carlos Maza a “lispy queer”, and Tucker Carlson doesn’t get harassed in response to a particular media personality’s specific and bigoted targeting.

Also, how quickly would you ban someone from this site if after they repeatedly posted inflammatory responses to new threads you had created in which that user demanded that you answer his calls into the radio show, that you also started receiving a barage of text messages on your *personal* phone telling you to “Take [so-and-so]’s calls to the show”?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    WHAT A FUCKING CRY BABY. YOUTUBE IS A PLATFORM FOR ALL, NOT JUST LGBTBBQ CREATORS. OF COURSE YOU AREN'T GETTING SPECIAL TREATMENT.

AND OF COURSE WE HAVE MUMBLES WITH THE FALSE EQUIVALENCE BULLSHIT.

Comments

DrPeters:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    I’ve only watched a few Crowder videos you’ve posted. Never saw the other guy. Here’s the thing. Crowder, iirc, kind of fashions himself a comedian and social commentator. The insults are lowest common denominator shit. Why do it? You seem to really like him and find him talented. If he’s talented, they seem unnecessary. They add nothing to his critique of the opposing view. They are only funny in the way bullying is.

I either have to believe Crowder is retarded, or he wants exactly this. It’s impossible to not know the world you live in. That YouTube answers to advertisers, and that this isn’t differing views, but something companies can’t be associated with in 2019. Established and successful comedians, world famous guys like Seinfeld have chosen to quit playing colleges and shit because the crowd is too sensitive, and their stuff falls a million miles short of this guys insults.

Crowder knows exactly the world he lives in. He is throwing that shit in on purpose.

Here’s an alternative take.

I remember making a post probably 11 years ago about a guy I met who ran a call center. This call center raised money for conservative politicians, religious organizations, Catholic charities, etc. He was laying out how much they generated every day and it was staggering amount of $ per shift. The big case at the time involved some atheist named Michael Newdow and Jay Sekulow representing some organization. It was some issue like taking one nation under god out of the pledge. They had multiple battles of a similar sort. I thought these were organic battles. That they just naturally occurred. From what this guy explained, these were essentially coordinated battles. Not saying the participants didn’t have the view they advocated, but like their camps sat down and decided which battles to have and how to fundraise off of them, insofar as writing the solicitation scripts in tandem.

Like if we were both political advocates who had the power to change policy, you as the head of some conservative movement, and me the inverse, we’d agree to disagree, and figure out a way to argue where we could raise millions of dollars. We argue politics here for free. If we could do it and raise millions, we’d be idiots not to, right?

I see this as a similar situation. Maybe it’s an organic fight, but that would require me to think of Crowder as retarded and doesn’t understand the world. Maybe it’s collusion where they didn’t need to coordinate. Maybe it’s like knocking guys out of sit-n-goes where everyone naturally colludes out of self-interest, but both these guys profit from this fight or they wouldn’t be having it. They make their living preaching to their particular choirs. Crowder knows this is part of the game. Maybe he gets banned for a month and he’ll be back. Maybe not. He can play victim if he is to his choir. The gay guy is playing victim now and can if they don’t ban him, or they eventually let him back. Either way, I had never heard of the other guy, so that’s a win for him. I wouldn’t have ever heard of Crowder if not for you posting about him. This is all professional wrestling symbiosis. No one should feel bad for anyone regardless of the outcome. Crowder wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t a world that may ban him for this shit. That we are a pc culture is why anyone knows his name. If not for guys like him to vilify, the other guy doesn’t exist.

They both win regardless of any YouTube decision.

Comments

Sanlmar: How the world works for dummies.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I’ve only watched a few Crowder videos you’ve posted. Never saw the other guy. Here’s the thing. Crowder, iirc, kind of fashions himself a comedian and social commentator. The insults are lowest common denominator shit. Why do it? You seem to really like him and find him talented. If he’s talented, they seem unnecessary. They add nothing to his critique of the opposing view. They are only funny in the way bullying is.

I either have to believe Crowder is retarded, or he wants exactly this. It’s impossible to not know the world you live in. That YouTube answers to advertisers, and that this isn’t differing views, but something companies can’t be associated with in 2019. Established and successful comedians, world famous guys like Seinfeld have chosen to quit playing colleges and shit because the crowd is too sensitive, and their stuff falls a million miles short of this guys insults.

Crowder knows exactly the world he lives in. He is throwing that shit in on purpose.

I remember making a post probably 11 years ago about a guy I met who ran a call center. This call center raised money for conservative politicians, religious organizations, Catholic charities, etc. He was laying out how much they generated every day and it was staggering amount of $ per shift. The big case at the time involved some atheist named Michael Newdow and Jay Sekulow representing some organization. It was some issue like taking one nation under god out of the pledge. They had multiple battles of a similar sort. I thought these were organic battles. That they just naturally occurred. From what this guy explained, these were essentially coordinated battles. Not saying the participants didn’t have the view they advocated, but like their camps sat down and decided which battles to have and how to fundraise off of them, insofar as writing the solicitation scripts in tandem.

Like if we were both political advocates who had the power to change policy, you as the head of some conservative movement, and me the inverse, we’d agree to disagree, and figure out a way to argue where we could raise millions of dollars. We argue politics here for free. If we could do it and raise millions, we’d be idiots not to, right?

I see this as a similar situation. Maybe it’s an organic fight, but that would require me to think of Crowder as retarded and doesn’t understand the world. Maybe it’s collusion where they didn’t need to coordinate. Maybe it’s like knocking guys out of sit-n-goes where everyone naturally colludes out of self-interest, but both these guys profit from this fight or they wouldn’t be having it. They make their living preaching to their particular choirs. Crowder knows this is part of the game. Maybe he gets banned for a month and he’ll be back. Maybe not. He can play victim if he is to his choir. The gay guy is playing victim now and can if they don’t ban him, or they eventually let him back. Either way, I had never heard of the other guy, so that’s a win for him. I wouldn’t have ever heard of Crowder if not for you posting about him. This is all professional wrestling symbiosis. No one should feel bad for anyone regardless of the outcome. Crowder wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t a world that may ban him for this shit. That we are a pc culture is why anyone knows his name. If not for guys like him to vilify, the other guy doesn’t exist.

considering he has almost 4,000,000 youtube subscribers and there isn't really an alternative platform, he most certainly will lose if youtube cancels his channel

Load Metric
    Would he have 4 million YouTube subscribers if he didn’t do shit like this? I feel like druff has made this they’re trying to ban crowder post before. He seems to push it just far enough where he’s out of line, but not going to be permanently furloughed. Even if he is, you can’t be the edgy conservative funny guy if you’re not in shit like this. I have no idea how his show works, but I assume these times he hurls insults aren’t live broadcasts where he gets carried away. Most YouTube shit I see is filmed. I’d have to believe he sits back and no one thinks this might be a problem calling a guy a lipsy queer. I assume it’s a pure calculated decision that I’m successful because I’ll call a guy a lipsy queer, people like that, so I’ll continue to push the envelope because it’s worth it.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

considering he has almost 4,000,000 youtube subscribers and there isn't really an alternative platform, he most certainly will lose if youtube cancels his channel
    Why can’t he post his vids have his own website, where he would be free to hurl derogatory and bigoted slurs to his heart’s content?

Comments

ErickAA: Insincere crap post
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Sick of activists disguising themselves as journalists.

Carlos Maza is free to call anyone he wants racist, nazi, white supremacist, homophobic, etc. but doesn't like when people do the same to him.

Classic case of being able to dish it out, but can't take it.

"Take the fall, act hurt, get indignant"

Vox pumps out some of the worst takes and political content today. If you cosign that crap with your super punchable face and lispy delivery, sorry, you deserve the pushback.

Without this spat with Crowder, I'd never have known his name, and would have just continued to refer to him as the gayer Yglesias.

Load Metric
    im sure he could just pack up and redeploy on that conservative social network. you know, the one that was created by conservatives.

Comments

nunbeater: LOL I get that reference
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    because conservatives totally create things and are very intelligent.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    which you libtards would know if you spent any significant time listening to AM radio talk shows.

Load Metric
    Despite Druff’s incredible talent for filtering through the bullshit to distill out the truth, he somehow missed that Steven Crowder is clearly an ignorant incendiary bigot, as evidenced by Crowder repeatedly referring to Maza as a “Mexican” “lispy queer”...

(Laza’s tweet with the mix vid from the OP above)

...when, in fact, Laza is a natural-born American of Cuban immigrant parents.

https://www.cjr.org/the_profile/vox-...ikethrough.php

Guess who *also* is a natural-born American of Cuban immigrants parents? Druff’s once-favorite Republican GOP presidential candidate:

Name:  8E7CC167-BC43-4B44-9E17-93D259DD3612.jpeg
Views: 768
Size:  148.7 KB

P.S. to sah_24: Do you have a reading or listening comprehension problem?

Comments

sah_24: Those are both facts ... stating facts does not make you a bigot ... you are retarded

RS_: gtfo, you retarded lispy queer mexican
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 06-02-2019 at 04:20 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So, is the guy a lispy queer or not?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    So, is the guy a lispy queer or not?
    Listen for a bout 5 secs and you realize that yes those are both facts ...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    im sure he could just pack up and redeploy on that conservative social network. you know, the one that was created by conservatives.
    Just remember that when a faggot wants a cake ... oh libtard hypocrisy, never ceases to amaze lols

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I have never listened to Crowder, so can't really comment whether he is actually funny or not.

But it is kind of a weird spot where comedians point out obvious stuff, and then get heat for it if it isn't politically correct. I thought the same thing when Roseanne got all the heat from calling that woman who looks exactly like one of the old time planet of the apes characters as such.

Just one of those things where comedians, especially if they are going to be political, can't do that kind of humor anymore without getting heat for it. Adapt or die.

Load Metric
    mumbles is singlehandedly making me alt-right

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: yes

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    this isn't a left/right thing. you should be allowed to call people faggots on the internet whether or not you want tax dollars to cultivate a permanent brown underclass. and the genius, liberal jewish and probably gay people that invented reddit agree with ME sonatine

Comments

MumblesBadly: Not the issue, dumbass! Crowder is free to do so in vids he hosts on his own website.

Thread Information